What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2006 Rook draft: (1 Viewer)

Mr. Vegas

Footballguy
I had the 1.5, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9.

I'm so happy everyone thinks this rook class is so great.

I'm down to 1.5 and 1.7.

I'm trying to unload those as well. :thumbup: :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree completly with the author on this topic. If i have a top 4 pick then I'm likely a happy camper and you better offer alot as I'd take Bush, Williams, White and whomever the Colts take (Maroney possibly). After that people get a bit insane offering crazy stuff I've seen like Holt, Gates, Deuce, CJ and Willis for picks 5 through 8. Everyone has their own way of doing things, I am sorry but I would not trade any of those guys for a possible bust in players like Vince Young, Lineart or Vernon Davis.

I agree completly with the author on this topic. If i have a top 4 pick then I'm likely a happy camper and you better offer alot as I'd take Bush, Williams, White and whomever the Colts take (Maroney possibly). After that people get a bit insane offering crazy stuff I've seen like Holt, Gates, Deuce, CJ and Willis for picks 5 through 8. Everyone has their own way of doing things, I am sorry but I would not trade any of those guys for a possible bust in players like Vince Young, Lineart or Vernon Davis.
:goodposting: I agree. If I had picks 1.1-1.4 I would keep the pick. :thumbup:

Yeah that is pretty much how any weak WR draft should go. Picks 1-end of RBs are holds, and all picks beyond that are sells.

i have 1.3 and 1.5

would u try and package those picks for 1.1? im thinking about doing this but my team as of now is

Daunte Culpepper

David Carr

Larry Johnson

Chester Taylor

Chris Perry

Jamal Lewis

Well, my first instinct was to say "thanks for the update" given that you listed no detail at all, but I would be interested in what you considered good value for 1.8-1.9 picks. I'll be trading for those picks in my league.

I am interested to hear what people are getting too. I own 1.10 and nobody has had even remote interest in the pick (no IDP league).

Well, my first instinct was to say "thanks for the update" given that you listed no detail at all, but I would be interested in what you considered good value for 1.8-1.9 picks. I'll be trading for those picks in my league.
1.8- Was late in the year I got I.Bruce. I also have Curtis. Some may think this was a bad trade.

But who would you pick here?

1.9- Another guys 1st rounder. If and I say IF, His(His team won it this year 2005) team doesn't make the playoffs the pick is a lotto pick. One in six that it could be 1.1. Worst it could be is 1.6. But that's if He doesn't make the playoffs.

Again some may say not a good trade. But it was worth the risk.

Again who would you pick this year with the 1.9 pick?

I just don't like the 2006 rook draft after pick 4. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know who people are targetting at #5 after Bush/White/Williams/Maroney(assuming a good situation for Maroney).

Who is #5?

Let's also assume your set at TE or you don't use TE in your league, pick #5 is about as useful as pick #9 this year IMO.

I'd like to know who people are targetting at #5 after Bush/White/Williams/Maroney(assuming a good situation for Maroney).

Who is #5?

Let's also assume your set at TE or you don't use TE in your league, pick #5 is about as useful as pick #9 this year IMO.
Bingo.I'm thinking C.Jackson.

I hope you plan on lowballing for the 1.9, he doesn't need any gifts from you. :ph34r:

1.8- Was late in the year I got I.Bruce. I also hace Curtis. Some may think this was a bad trade.

1.9- Another guys 1st rounder. If and I say IF, His(His team won it this year 2005) team doesn't make the playoffs the pick is a lotto pick. One in six that it could be 1.1. Worst it could be is 1.6. But that's if He doesn't make the playoffs.

Well, my honest opinion is you were fleeced trading anything of value for Bruce in a dynasty format, especially a 1st round rookie which might have been Young, Addai, V.Davis, Leinart or Chad Jackson. Any one of those players having not played a single NFL down could be traded for more than a WR who is on the downside of a career and will only become more untradeable as time passes. 1.9 for an undetermined future 1st is a bad deal IMHO unless you get lucky and it results in a top 5 pick, then it's a good deal. I would have included a condition in the trade that if he made the playoffs you get a #2 also, otherwise you are just passing up present value to gamble. There's no reason to think you'll get a better player than the guys I mentioned mid-late in the 2007 draft.

I hope you plan on lowballing for the 1.9, he doesn't need any gifts from you. :ph34r:
I doubt Lizards would trade away 1.9. I am working on other mid-round deals though. :ph34r:

1.8- Was late in the year I got I.Bruce. I also hace Curtis. Some may think this was a bad trade.

Well, my honest opinion is you were fleeced trading anything of value for Bruce in a dynasty format, especially a 1st round rookie which might have been Young, Addai, V.Davis, Leinart or Chad Jackson. Any one of those players having not played a single NFL down could be traded for more than a WR who is on the downside of a career and will only become more untradeable as time passes. 1.9 for an undetermined future 1st is a bad deal IMHO unless you get lucky and it results in a top 5 pick, then it's a good deal. I would have included a condition in the trade that if he made the playoffs you get a #2 also, otherwise you are just passing up present value to gamble. There's no reason to think you'll get a better player than the guys I mentioned mid-late in the 2007 draft.
I agree, or I see you point.I still like both of those trades.

I'm picking Chad Jackson at 1.5. So He won't be there at 1.9.

Not in my League anyway. :no:

I have picks in the 1.05-1.07 range in multiple dynasty leagues and I'd be thrilled if people were approaching me with trades in which I'd get these guys.I know I've not seen it...

I just traded the 7/8 for Williamson/Rivers. I like Williamson over any WR in this league and Rivers will provide a starter as a 24 team league.

I know I was offered 1.7 for Coles in another league with start 2 QB and turned that down. Needed more.

And all those names I would not trade for 1.1. In one 16 team league had an offer of 1.4 for McGahee who we will only be able to keep this year and would lose salary and turned that down as I dont think there will be 4 RB's worth having.

I just traded the 7/8 for Williamson/Rivers. I like Williamson over any WR in this league and Rivers will provide a starter as a 24 team league.

I know I was offered 1.7 for Coles in another league with start 2 QB and turned that down. Needed more.

And all those names I would not trade for 1.1. In one 16 team league had an offer of 1.4 for McGahee who we will only be able to keep this year and would lose salary and turned that down as I dont think there will be 4 RB's worth having.
Please keep us posted on who this guy draft? With picks 1.7 and 1.8??

I just got a pretty decent deal, I think. I gave up the 1.07, 1.10 and 3.11 for the 1.02 (that's essentially it, there a little player "of similar talent" juggling to save some cap space.

Like most have said, the real value in this draft is 1.01 - 1.04, then the value appears to jump off a cliff!

I can almost guarentee that in 1 month, the consensus top 4 picks will not be Bush, D. Williams, L White, and L Maroney. One of those backs will go to a team that has another great back. One of the other backs will go to a better situation like NE, Denver, Pittsburgh, or Indianapolis. They will vault into the top 3 or 4.

the 5th pick in rookie drafts is wayyy undervalued right now

the top 4 most agree on, but there will be one rb that gets drafted into a nice situation and makes this a top 5 tier drop off

one of many possible scenerios: indy takes a back with a pick other than their 1st rounder

I had rook picks 1.06, 1.11 and 2.02 in my dynasty league. Traded 1.06 for Tatum Bell, hoping I get lucky there. Hurting for a RB to pair with Shaun, as my other options haven't worked out (Priest, JJ Arrington, Suggs). Figured that's the pick Leinart goes in my league, as the team picking 5th already has Peyton and needs a WR bad. I already have McNabb and Big Ben at QB, so figure I don't really need the QB. And I already have enough youth at WR that I don't need another one to develop, since rook WRs rarely do much. My WRs include Javon Walker, Lee Evans, Reggie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Charles Rogers, McCareins, Jurevicius, and Berrian. Also have Gonzo at TE, with Eric Johnson behind him if he can get healthy, so didn't really need Vernon Davis there (besides I think I can get him in my league with one of the other picks if I want him). I figure Bell has as much chance at working out as any of the 2nd tier RBs, plus I probably can get one of them at 1.11.

Last year I had 1.6 and 1.12. Missed out on the four RBs.

I traded 1.6 and M. Morris for 1.8 and Dunn to the Alexander owner (who also has Jordan and Foster)

I traded 1.8 for T Henry (I have C Brown) and first this year, turns out to be 1.5.

This year I am holding 1.5 and 1.7. Again it look like I'll be on the outside looking in when it comes to the rookie RBs so I'll probably try to get similar deals to last year.

Just to give an idea, I just dealt the 1.03 pick & Vincent Jackson for 1.10 & L Evans. The 1.07 pick has been forfeited so I basically got the 1.09.

I felt I was very deep at RB (McGahee, Deuce, FWP, C Taylor & Ducket) and need another starting WR.

the top 4 most agree on, but there will be one rb that gets drafted into a nice situation and makes this a top 5 tier drop off

one of many possible scenerios: indy takes a back with a pick other than their 1st rounder
:goodposting:

Who is #5?

If you go by the mock draft a few threads up, it has J. Addia going to Pitt in round 2. I would think that would vault him up into top 5 status. It all depends on where some of these "2nd Tier" RBs get drafted and by whom.

I just traded the #4 pick for the #8 and #12. I had no immediate need at RB or QB. I still think I can get one of the top 7 players like Cutler, Young, or possibly even Maroney with #8. I could possibly get Cutler and Addai/Drew. Depending on where Addai or Drew land that could be pretty good. Or I could get AJ Hawk or Mario Williams. I still have flexibility to go various routes. The #4 pick has just as much likelihood of being a bust as the #32. Especially when you are talking about a bunch of smallish RB's that had less than spectacular years...with the exception of Bush and maybe D. Williams.

Just to give an idea, I just dealt the 1.03 pick & Vincent Jackson for 1.10 & L Evans. The 1.07 pick has been forfeited so I basically got the 1.09.

I felt I was very deep at RB (McGahee, Deuce, FWP, C Taylor & Ducket) and need another starting WR.
:eek: I would happily do a deal where I got the 1.03 in that scenario.

I just traded the #4 pick for the #8 and #12. I had no immediate need at RB or QB. I still think I can get one of the top 7 players like Cutler, Young, or possibly even Maroney with #8. I could possibly get Cutler and Addai/Drew. Depending on where Addai or Drew land that could be pretty good. Or I could get AJ Hawk or Mario Williams. I still have flexibility to go various routes. The #4 pick has just as much likelihood of being a bust as the #32. Especially when you are talking about a bunch of smallish RB's that had less than spectacular years...with the exception of Bush and maybe D. Williams.
Wow do you have a convoluted view of the rookie draft...Maroney at #8?? LOL.

Addai/Drew at #12 if they land in a good situation?? LMAO. If they land in a good situation they won't even be there at 8.

#4 pick has as much likelihood of being a bust as the #32?? HAHA.

I'm really not trying to show you up or anything but man did you get taken bigtime on that trade...

So says an owner of pick #5. Funny stuff Law.

I have picks in the 1.05-1.07 range in multiple dynasty leagues and I'd be thrilled if people were approaching me with trades in which I'd get these guys.I know I've not seen it...
I traded the 1.03 rookie pick for Holt :thumbup:

the value is there with the #5 selection. your post shows exactly why shrewd GM's would be wise to go after this selection before the NFL draft. the 1.05 pick in rookie drafts is vastly undervalued right nowin order for the 1.05 pick to drastically jump in value one thing has to happen...

Joseph Addai, RB, LSU

Brian Calhoun, RB, Wisconsin

Jerome Harrison, RB, Washington St.

Maurice Drew, RB, UCLA

Jerious Norwood, RB, Mississippi St

one of these 5 rookie RB's needs to land in a solid situation...any one of them. and if addai or calhoun end up in a good situation there is actually a very good chance that one of the big 4 drops

the value is there with the #5 selection. your post shows exactly why shrewd GM's would be wise to go after this selection before the NFL draft. the 1.05 pick in rookie drafts is vastly undervalued right nowin order for the 1.05 pick to drastically jump in value one thing has to happen...

Joseph Addai, RB, LSU

Maurice Drew, RB, UCLA

one of these 5 rookie RB's needs to land in a solid situation...any one of them. and if addai or calhoun end up in a good situation there is actually a very good chance that one of the big 4 drops
The problem lies in the notion that not only does one of those 5 have to wind up in a great situation, but also NONE of the top 4 need to end up in poor situations. Given the low need at RB in the NFL right now along with the recent history of top RBs falling into poor situations to not play in the immediate future (still waiting on Perry?) I would say there's a fair shot that at least one of the top 4 fall into a situation where they're looking to AT BEST get into a RBBC type role.

I own the 1.6 in a dynasty draft and have absolutely horrible WRs starting. Key Johnson and Braylon Edwards. I have Dallas Clark and Ben Troupe at TE but am still planning on drafting Vernon Davis. And I think I will get good value.

the value is there with the #5 selection. your post shows exactly why shrewd GM's would be wise to go after this selection before the NFL draft. the 1.05 pick in rookie drafts is vastly undervalued right now

in order for the 1.05 pick to drastically jump in value one thing has to happen...

Joseph Addai, RB, LSU

Maurice Drew, RB, UCLA

The problem lies in the notion that not only does one of those 5 have to wind up in a great situation, but also NONE of the top 4 need to end up in poor situations. Given the low need at RB in the NFL right now along with the recent history of top RBs falling into poor situations to not play in the immediate future (still waiting on Perry?) I would say there's a fair shot that at least one of the top 4 fall into a situation where they're looking to AT BEST get into a RBBC type role.
agreed...we just differ on the value here i guesstalent and opportunity are what dynasty drafts are all about. most believe that that top 4 RB prospects all have the talent (making them solid dynasty selections). if/when one of the "other" RB prospects get the opportunity (also making them a solid dynasty selection) the owner gets a nice value play at 1.05 whether it's because of talent OR opportunity

i'm intentionally leaving out all non-RB's in this discussion as well, but in many formats matt leinart (or whoever you happen to have as the best QB prospect) and vernon davis (in mandatory TE leagues) also present two more appealing options to the 1.05 owner whether it's to use the selection themselves or through trades to other teams with positional needs

I've got the 5th pick in a 12 team league with IDP's. I'm convinced I'll have my shot at one of the 4 RB's. I'm pretty certain the guy drafting 3rd has a chubby for Vince Young. I even heard rumblings from the guy drafting 4th about DE Mario Williams.

FWIW, if all 4 were taken I'd consider Williams, along with Chad Jackson. I've got Crumpler and Troupe so I don't think I'd chase Davis.

I am interested to hear what people are getting too. I own 1.10 and nobody has had even remote interest in the pick (no IDP league).
I traded away 1.08 and Brandon Lloyd for Michael Clayton. I'm trying to make a run at the title this year, and my squad is strong at QB and WR, but OK at RB. I didn't figure to get a difference maker at RB for 2006, whereas Clayton has the potential to be a star. Lloyd was only my #5 WR.

I traded the #5 pick for the #13 pick, Michael Clayton and Ben Watson. I have Peyton at QB and good RB's. I am not so sure a RB to help me would appear in the #5 spot. I am taking a shot that Clayton can return to form and put up a top 15 season. I like Ben Watson with the Patriots short on WR's.

I traded the #5 pick for the #13 pick, Michael Clayton and Ben Watson. I have Peyton at QB and good RB's. I am not so sure a RB to help me would appear in the #5 spot. I am taking a shot that Clayton can return to form and put up a top 15 season. I like Ben Watson with the Patriots short on WR's.
I love this trade for you Patchise

Users who are viewing this thread