What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2008 Footballguys Magazine (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
Our staff has just completed the 2008 Footballguys.com Strategy Guide.

Footballguys Magazine

We feel this is our best effort to date on a magazine. We listened to your comments and incorporated a lot of that feedback into this magazine. It's jam-packed with useful info as we did our best to squeeze a ton of material into concise articles. At 228 pages, it's the magazine to have this season.

The cost is $8.99 if you buy from us and includes a bunch of extra values. International customers can purchase the magazine for $12.99. And this year we have a buy two magazines option (where you get two magazines for just $4 more - total of $12.99 for the two mags)

We have included a few sample pages so you have a good idea what you are buying.

The magazine will go to the printer later this week/early next week and we anticipate shipping it around the middle of June (We will lock into a date as we get closer to getting our copies).

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the second magazine we get?
There is an option to purchase to purchase two Footballguys magazines for $12.99 (same magazine, 2 copies of it). It costs us the same to priority mail one or two magazines. So we are passing on that discount to you guys should you need/want two magazines.

very cool. Since that part of the site is blocked here at work, I'll have to order it when I get home.

ETA: paypal sent.....thanks guys. I can't wait to get it.

Can I pre-order the mag and reup my subscripton in one easy payment?
We opted to not do this as it gets a little crazy with the multiple options we are offering (1 mag, 2 mags, international order). We also do not require mailing address to buy a subscription (and do for the magazine).

Will those of us who will be getting the magazine instead of our prize (we were given a choice) from the 2007 FBG contest have a shot at a golden ticket?

ive never bought this or read it but I do subscribe online

from viewing the sample pages it seems that I am not missing anything as it looks identical to the online content

is this a correct assumption for the mostpart?

ive never bought this or read it but I do subscribe onlinefrom viewing the sample pages it seems that I am not missing anything as it looks identical to the online content is this a correct assumption for the mostpart?
For the most part, I'd say this is correct. Still, nothing like having a hard copy in your hands from time to time. Also, the "Golden Ticket" promotion is a good idea if you'd like a chance for a free lifetime subscription and other prizes.Sheesh, I sound like a used car salesman. Dodds -- physical address PM'd for my paycheck. YWIA

Great job as always; thanks to everyone that contributed.

I do hope eventually Footballguys decides to provide an option to forgo shipping and allow us to download the magazine as a PDF. Instant satisfaction!

$9? Damn...not to mention it being done already...Id rather it come out later, the later the better, things can and will happen between now and July...

$9? Damn...not to mention it being done already...Id rather it come out later, the later the better, things can and will happen between now and July...
Many FF magazines start showing up on newsstands the first week in June. Ours is actually one of the later ones to hit the rack. And a relatively small percentage of this magazine is dedicated to projections, cheatsheets and rankings. It's meant to be a strategy guide more than a cheatsheet -- many of the pages (as you can see from the sample list) are dedicated to strategy and player discussion rather than brief rank lists. No question that plenty can happen between now and July -- those who purchase the magazine through the link above get access to weekly training camp reports from Bob Henry -- which run nearly 50 pages of new content every week.

Many FF magazines start showing up on newsstands the first week in June. Ours is actually one of the later ones to hit the rack. And a relatively small percentage of this magazine is dedicated to projections, cheatsheets and rankings. It's meant to be a strategy guide more than a cheatsheet -- many of the pages (as you can see from the sample list) are dedicated to strategy and player discussion rather than brief rank lists. No question that plenty can happen between now and July -- those who purchase the magazine through the link above get access to weekly training camp reports from Bob Henry -- which run nearly 50 pages of new content every week.
Ive never bought one but do find this site useful and was considering it...those training camp reports come free with the purchase?

Is it possible to send a check or money order, rather than credit card or paypal? If so, could you provide a quick link to the mailing address?

Ive never bought one but do find this site useful and was considering it...those training camp reports come free with the purchase?
Yes if you buy from us, you get the training camp updates through August (5 issues). Each of these training camp reports also includes updated Cheatsheets and Top 200 lists. If you buy from the news stand, there is a link in the magazine to receive the first August Update.

I just bought one...AP is on the cover and I could use paypal, so I had too...lol...it better be good, haha...

so when do we expect them, 10-14 days, correct?

Yes if you buy from us, you get the training camp updates through August (5 issues). Each of these training camp reports also includes updated Cheatsheets and Top 200 lists. If you buy from the news stand, there is a link in the magazine to receive the first August Update.
Where would I go to get the August updates? And how would I go about doing that, will I receive some kind of password or somethng to access them?

I just bought one...AP is on the cover and I could use paypal, so I had too...lol...it better be good, haha...so when do we expect them, 10-14 days, correct?
:confused:We just sent the mag to the publisher for printing. They should be distributed to the racks by early July. David is usually able to get the pre-orders out 10-14 days before then -- so probably the third week of June or so. There will be a link with instructions to the camp updates including in the magazine.

I just bought one...AP is on the cover and I could use paypal, so I had too...lol...it better be good, haha...so when do we expect them, 10-14 days, correct?
:confused:We just sent the mag to the publisher for printing. They should be distributed to the racks by early July. David is usually able to get the pre-orders out 10-14 days before then -- so probably the third week of June or so. There will be a link with instructions to the camp updates including in the magazine.
Thanks alot...all I needed to know...I assume you are part of the staff and had a deal in the magazine?

Is it possible to send a check or money order, rather than credit card or paypal? If so, could you provide a quick link to the mailing address?
Yes you can send a check or money order (for $8.99 for 1 magazine, or $12.99 for an international order or 2 magazines) to:FootballguysP.O. Box 40Mabelvale, AR 72103

Thanks alot...all I needed to know...I assume you are part of the staff and had a deal in the magazine?
I am and I did -- contributing mostly defensive information.

David,

I have bought the magazine and subscribed to the site for the last three years. Have you assessed how difficult it might be to provide an online update in pdf format in the middle / towards the end of August? Just a thought that some (not all) elements of the strategy etc. might have changed due to injuries, trades, camp hold outs, teams waiving players etc.

Thanks.

Two Temporary Tattoos will be inserted in every magazine. Give them to your kids or put them on yourself and look tough at work. It's your call.
Quality schtick.

David,I have bought the magazine and subscribed to the site for the last three years. Have you assessed how difficult it might be to provide an online update in pdf format in the middle / towards the end of August? Just a thought that some (not all) elements of the strategy etc. might have changed due to injuries, trades, camp hold outs, teams waiving players etc.Thanks.
We do update all of the articles, projections, cheatsheets as subscriber content in August.

Do the international's also have the buy two option?
Sorry we can't offer it as international postage is based on weight and location (and not how much you can stuff into the envelope). We lose money on international orders now so if we discounted the price for a second magazine, we actually would just lose more money. We continue to offer international orders (despite losing money) because many of these international orders are to people in the armed services or our neighbors in Canada (and our Publisher does not distribute widely in Canada).

Our staff has just completed the 2008 Footballguys.com Strategy Guide.We feel this is our best effort to date on a magazine.
Just once I want someone to publish a magazine and say "You know, this really wasn't our best effort... but buy it anyway." :rant:
It's funny because I do it say it every year, but I do think this one is the best yet. We really tightened up on the space in this magazine squeezing 6 page efforts to 5, etc. And those little tweaks (although a major pain to edit so precisely to fit tough space limitations) really has made a difference. We freed up 10-12 pages (and although that sounds like a small tweak, those 12 pages allowed us to Interview many Beat Writers, add my popular From the Gut article, add Chase's QBBC article, and add key articles on IDP, Dynasty, special rules that are quality reads).I do think we debuted with a strong effort in year one, but you learn things every single year. People have constantly commented that they want more of this, less of this, etc. In year 4, I think we finally have a firm grasp as what we are trying to do here.Year 1: We sent in a lot of stuff and the publisher made it pretty. We had few comments because we were essentially clueless to publishing a magazine.Year 2: We marked up the first magazine and made great strides in making many of the features more professional looking.Year 3: We added stat boxes and made small tweaks to what we accomplished in year 2.Year 4: We read all the user comments (our survey, board posts) and made decisions on all features (Keep, shrink, eliminate, etc). A major goal was to maximize every inch of the 228 page magazine to eliminate any fluff and make every feature a must-read. You guys will be the ultimate judge, but I am very proud of what we have assembled here. Can it get better? We will keep trying and likely I will be saying the same thing again next year....that this is our best effort.

Yes you can send a check or money order (for $8.99 for 1 magazine, or $12.99 for an international order or 2 magazines) to:Footballguys

P.O. Box 40

Mabelvale, AR 72103
Twelve Golden Tickets inserted randomly into magazines purchased from the website before June 15th.
Seems mail order might not get the golden ticket chance, no?

Yes you can send a check or money order (for $8.99 for 1 magazine, or $12.99 for an international order or 2 magazines) to:Footballguys

P.O. Box 40

Mabelvale, AR 72103
Twelve Golden Tickets inserted randomly into magazines purchased from the website before June 15th.
Seems mail order might not get the golden ticket chance, no?
They are eligible as long as we receive the money by June 15th

David Dodds said:
We continue to offer international orders (despite losing money) because many of these international orders are to people in the armed services...
Very well done. The quality of the info FBG has to offer is only outdone by the class and patriotism of the people who run it.(No, I'm not in the armed services.)

very cool. I have ordered the magazine every year, and every year it keeps getting better. The magazine and the website are the best in the business, IMO. Great job guys.

I've been a subscriber to this site since it went from free to pay, but don't plan on subscribing this year. I've never bought the magazine before, but it provides a nice alternative way to support the site, message board and it's web pages. Additional access throughout August to the training camp, updated cheetsheets and top 200 seal the deal for buying it online now. The sample pages look great. I'm looking forward to receiving what I'm sure will be a quality product.

Users who are viewing this thread