What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 East/West Shrine Game (1 Viewer)

Cecil Lammey

Footballguy
I'm in Orlando, ready for the Shrine Game practices to start tomorrow. Just thought I'd start a thread here for guys to discuss some of the players they have their eyes on.

My practice reports will post over at Draftguys, and I'll link them in here too. I will also be posting any practice news on the FBGs News Wire - http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/news.php

some of the guys I'm excited to watch:

John Skelton, QB, Fordham

Dimitri Nance, RB, Arizona State

Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo

Andrew Quarless, TE, Penn State

Lonyae Miller, RB, Fresno State

Kerry Meier, WR, Kansas

East Roster

West Roster

enjoy!

:shock:

Looking forward most to see how Meier and Roosevelt perform, a lot of potential in those two. Watched more of Meier than Roosevelt, but from what I saw from both if they check out athletically they could have solid careers ahead of them.

I know you're watching the offense closely, but I'd really be interested in hearing how O'brien Schofield does. He was a beast at DE for Wisconsin. Constantly wreaking havoc. I'm really curious to see if he can transition to 3-4 olb.

Cecil Lammey said:
Excellent preview by my roommate here in Orlando, Chad Reuter from NFL Draft Scout - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/1...-at-shrine-game
I'm not likely going to be able to get to the game this year(dammit!), but would love to hear what you guys think of Torrell Troup after you see him up close.I get to watch him a decent bit, being local, but would appreciate hearing an outsider's POV, particularly after you get to see him go up against the other "all stars" this week. He just seems to be in the backfield constantly for the Knights, even though he's double teamed with regularity. The guy just might be able to man the nose at the next level.

I'm in Orlando, ready for the Shrine Game practices to start tomorrow. Just thought I'd start a thread here for guys to discuss some of the players they have their eyes on.

My practice reports will post over at Draftguys, and I'll link them in here too. I will also be posting any practice news on the FBGs News Wire - http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/news.php

some of the guys I'm excited to watch:

John Skelton, QB, Fordham

Dimitri Nance, RB, Arizona State

Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo

Andrew Quarless, TE, Penn State

Lonyae Miller, RB, Fresno State

Kerry Meier, WR, Kansas

East Roster

West Roster

enjoy!

;)
I think he is a hard guy to project as a pro. I have watched him a lot and he is great at times, not even there at others. He has a ton of talent though.

Whew! practice reports are done and Sig will have them up on Draftguys very soon!

another note from the West practice....

Dmitri Nance is a name you must get familiar with if you like Shonn Greene-type runners. BIG, low center of gravity, deceptive speed and difficult to tackle. :no:

Great reports by Cec. Keep a close eye on Freddie Barnes for me, man. He's got a lot of potential to rise up draft boards rapidly.

At lunch right now, working on my East day 2 report --

Star of the day - Blair White, WR, Michigan State

made all sorts of catches across the field. good route runner, good ball tracking ability.

***Got to see the PIT today! Always a highlight for an All-Star game practice. Doug Worthington, DL, Ohio State has a great motor and is a player that can wreak havoc against the pass and the run. I believe the Broncos should be looking at a player like him.

Who looked better? John Skelton had more zip on his passes, throwing motion was tight and fast. He still struggled to throw on the run.

Who looked worse? Chris McCoy was swallowed up in the wash when trying to defend the run. He allowed Javarris James to get a big run by being out of position.

More in my practice report! :thumbup:

follow our draft updates on twitter @draftguys

Back at the hotel! /n2deep :lol:

West practice is done, and I'm getting to my practice report...

I wonder if Kerry Meier were to suit up at quarterback if he would have the best arm/accuracy of the West QBs. Maybe Klint Kubiak?? really the QB play for Marty's team is below average. However, I do like what I've seen from Matt Nichols from Eastern Washington. good size, mechanically sound, can move around well. he's a project with upside. I like him much better than I did Mike Reilly last year.

Keith Toston ran hard again and he can get to the 2nd level in a hurry. I like what he showed both in space and between the tackles.

more in my practice report! :mellow:

West report is done, Sig should have it up on Draftguys soon.

going to pump some iron, be back to answer any questions later. :goodposting:

Hey Cecil, What are your thoughts on Toston? What type of role do you see him having in the NFL?
I had a feeling you'd like hearing about Toston Jeff! :goodposting:He's more willing inside than some might think, but that's not his bread and butter. he's all about getting it into space and using his quickness and moves to gain positive yardage. he's certainly a committee back IMHO, but if asked to carry the load for a few games I think he could do an admirable job.

You guys going to the Senior Bowl?
Lammey and I believe Waldman will be there. :goodposting:
Nice, if you have any extra passes I will be there tues. and wed. :goodposting:
the access for fans is just as good as the media as the stands are right on top of the field at Ladd Peebles. The only difference is we get to go on the field after practice. Look for me when you're there, I'd like to say "what's up!" :thumbup:

Hey Cecil, What are your thoughts on Toston? What type of role do you see him having in the NFL?
I had a feeling you'd like hearing about Toston Jeff! :goodposting:He's more willing inside than some might think, but that's not his bread and butter. he's all about getting it into space and using his quickness and moves to gain positive yardage. he's certainly a committee back IMHO, but if asked to carry the load for a few games I think he could do an admirable job.
I doubt they use him as such, but he ran the wildcat some at OSU. Toston is a guy that flashes well at times, and struggles with vision (imo) and consistency

Barnes has slipped through the cracks considering the season he had. I totally forgot about him when I was putting out my top 20.

What round do you think he'll go in?

Barnes has slipped through the cracks considering the season he had. I totally forgot about him when I was putting out my top 20. What round do you think he'll go in?
he weighed/measured well at Mobile which is good. Many questioned his size. I would guess he will go in 2nd or 3rd round. I will be interested to see how he times.

Barnes has slipped through the cracks considering the season he had. I totally forgot about him when I was putting out my top 20. What round do you think he'll go in?
He's pretty exciting to watch, and I believe he's worked his way into the second round.

Just got home from the third day of practice....reports coming soon to draftguys.

East star was Javarris James...aka Baby J....aka Edgerrin's little cousin

He was :shock: when they were doing the goal line drills. His cutbacks skills and instincts are rock solid.

West star was Dennis Pitta

The West didn't do goalline drills, but they did work in the redzone and that's where Pitta really stood out. He caught two TDs and one was between the outstretched arms of a defender and Pitta had to trap the ball against his shoulder pad while keeping both feet in bounds.

get all our draft updates on twitter @draftguys :excited: :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Clark really been that bad? As somebody who has watched him a lot, I can tell you his footwork is terrible, but I have always thought you could coach that out of him.

Has Clark really been that bad? As somebody who has watched him a lot, I can tell you his footwork is terrible, but I have always thought you could coach that out of him.
yes, Clark has been beyond bad. The quarterbacks for Texas v The Nation should be much better. I'll be reporting on them in 2 weeks (guys like Jonathan Crompton and Ryan Perrilloux) :sadbanana:he's athletic for sure, but not a quarterback at the next level IMHO. Somebody may take a chance on him to develop, but I'd rather have John Skelton or Matt Nichols on my roster. his feet are painful to watch when he has to playfake or even rollout. The pass in the dirt was typical of the kind of play he's had down here in Orlando.Maybe he's just not a practice guy (although I didn't see anything in 11-on-11 game type scenarios). Pat White had a horrible 3 days of practice at the Senior Bowl and ended up being MVP of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread