What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

Explain why you two feel this way about the trade? For Team A or for Team B.. It's closer than you might at first think.

Team A gives:

Sidney Rice

2011 1st

2011 1st

2010 2.4

2012 3rd

Team B gives:

2010 1.1

2012 1st
Ouch...team A got crushed!
No it's not.Sidney Rice > 1.1 (even if you love Bryant, then you can consider them equal).

2011 1st/2011 1st/2010 2.4/2012 3rd >>> 2012 1st

Explain why you two feel this way about the trade? For Team A or for Team B.. It's closer than you might at first think.

Team A gives:

Sidney Rice

2011 1st

2011 1st

2010 2.4

2012 3rd

Team B gives:

2010 1.1

2012 1st
Ouch...team A got crushed!
No it's not.Sidney Rice > 1.1 (even if you love Bryant, then you can consider them equal).

2011 1st/2011 1st/2010 2.4/2012 3rd >>> 2012 1st
I agree....Team A got crushed.

Oops, I somehow did not see Sidney Rice, I thought it was just a draft pick trade. I now concur with the "Ouch" post.
lolzzzzI was gonna argue your stance...but thought it was a lost cause...good to see you aren't stuck in 2009 with S Rice's trade value.

In what world is Sidney Rice > 1.01?

1.01 is worth around 2.04 in a 12-team startup draft, whereas Rice seems to be falling into the mid-late 3rd round range in startups.

Last edited by a moderator:
In what world is Sidney Rice > 1.01?1.01 is worth around 2.04 in a 12-team startup draft, whereas Rice seems to be falling into the mid-late 3rd round range in startups.
Are you talking about 2009 or 2010 startups? I've yet to see ANY startup with him falling into the 3rd round. Most I've seen him going late 1st, early 2nd.

In what world is Sidney Rice > 1.01?1.01 is worth around 2.04 in a 12-team startup draft, whereas Rice seems to be falling into the mid-late 3rd round range in startups.
Are you talking about 2009 or 2010 startups? I've yet to see ANY startup with him falling into the 3rd round. Most I've seen him going late 1st, early 2nd.
And I havent seen Bryant or Spiller go until the 4th, so 1.01 being worth a 2nd round in a startup seems slightly bogus as well

And I havent seen Bryant or Spiller go until the 4th, so 1.01 being worth a 2nd round in a startup seems slightly bogus as well
There is a very highly respected FBG article that equates rookie picks to positions in dynasty startup drafts that has 1.01 worth the 2.04 in a dynasty startup.They will vault up to (and often above, there are tons of instances over the years of these guys going in the late 1st) that spot once we find out what teams they're on. Right now, nobody is quite sure which one to take which is why they're falling some. In that dynasty startup auction on the front page they actually bid on the picks instead of the players Rice went for $57 and the 1.01 and 1.02 went for $73 and $64.

Just look through the "dynasty startup drafts" thread on this site. Rice went anywhere from 2.04 to 5.07, with him going 2.04 in one of them and later than that in all the rest.I've yet to see any draft where he sniffed "late 1st" unless it was like a 20 team league.EDIT: these are all from March 2010 or later.

There is a very highly respected FBG article that equates rookie picks to positions in dynasty startup drafts that has 1.01 worth the 2.04 in a dynasty startup.They will vault up to (and often above, there are tons of instances over the years of these guys going in the late 1st) that spot once we find out what teams they're on. Right now, nobody is quite sure which one to take which is why they're falling some.

In that dynasty startup auction on the front page they actually bid on the picks instead of the players Rice went for $57 and the 1.01 and 1.02 went for $73 and $64.
In our recent dynasty startup auction, Rice went for $65 and 1.1 for $55.

There is a very highly respected FBG article that equates rookie picks to positions in dynasty startup drafts that has 1.01 worth the 2.04 in a dynasty startup.They will vault up to (and often above, there are tons of instances over the years of these guys going in the late 1st) that spot once we find out what teams they're on. Right now, nobody is quite sure which one to take which is why they're falling some. In that dynasty startup auction on the front page they actually bid on the picks instead of the players Rice went for $57 and the 1.01 and 1.02 went for $73 and $64.
Thats because people get silly about picks.After the draft see how many guys will trade Rice straight up for Dez. I'm guessing many would rather keep Rice.

Thats because people get silly about picks.After the draft see how many guys will trade Rice straight up for Dez. I'm guessing many would rather keep Rice.
Who said anything about Dez? If two of the top rookie runners end up in good situations like Seattle and SD (which at this point is fairly likely), Dez will likely end up the consensus 1.03, not 1.01.In a 12 team dynasty where you have to start more than 1 rb (which is pretty much the typical setup we're talking about here), top rookie RBs in a good situation are worth more to most people than a recent breakout WR who's about to lose his QB and has another up and coming WR in the shadows ready to steal more pieces of what will soon be a much smaller pie. RBs are just difficult to come by in dynasties, because no one wants to give them up.FWIW, I'm probably a bigger Rice fan than any of you I'm talking with. I've been touting the guy since he was a sophomore in college and was stockpiling him on my teams while people were letting him fall out of the 1st round of rookie drafts. But that doesn't cloud me from seeing the immense value a guy like Spiller or Matthews will hold on the market if they end up in Seattle or San Diego.So I'll propose the same scenario to you. If one of those guys end up there, how many people do you think would trade them straight up for Rice after the draft? Not very many.

There is a very highly respected FBG article that equates rookie picks to positions in dynasty startup drafts that has 1.01 worth the 2.04 in a dynasty startup.They will vault up to (and often above, there are tons of instances over the years of these guys going in the late 1st) that spot once we find out what teams they're on. Right now, nobody is quite sure which one to take which is why they're falling some.

In that dynasty startup auction on the front page they actually bid on the picks instead of the players Rice went for $57 and the 1.01 and 1.02 went for $73 and $64.
And in that same auction, the 1.02 went for $73 and the 1.01 went for $64. In an auction, when a player is brought up has a lot to do with how much they go for, so the fact that the 1.01 went for $7 more than Rice (and the 1.02 went $9 more than the 1.01) tells us little. In two of my startups, Rice went one and two picks after Roddy White and ahead of the first rookie (i.e., his value is very high). In the third where actual rookie picks were drafted, Rice went just ahead of the 1.01 (where I thought both he and the 1.01 were a bargain). No matter where the RBs land in the draft, Rice's value will likely continue to be on par with the 1.01 (if not higher).However, the 1.01 being worth a 2nd rounder in a startup is NOT bogus. Particularly in startups after the NFL draft, it is commonplace for the top rookie to be drafted in the second round. From this point on, if the 1.01 sneaks into the 3rd round, that would be a huge bargain.

Speaking of Sidney Rice, on a team ready to win now in a fairly high stakes league, I (Team A) made the following trades:

Team A gave: Shonn Greene, Donald Brown, Owen Daniels and rookie 3.09

Team B gave: Sidney Rice, Dallas Clark and rookie 2.02

and

Team A gave: Dwayne Bowe, Eddie Royal, Santonio Holmes and rookie 3.02

Team B gave: Brandon Marshall and rookie 2.10

Gave up a lot, particularly for Marshall, so blast away.

Team A gave: Dwayne Bowe, Eddie Royal, Santonio Holmes and rookie 3.02Team B gave: Brandon Marshall and rookie 2.10 Gave up a lot, particularly for Marshall, so blast away.
:thumbdown: You gave up some 2nd-3rd tier scrubs and turned them into Marshall.

hostile said:
Gave: McNabb, Lynch, Troy Smith, DJ WareReceived: Roethlisberger, Dixon, 1.04, 2.01
Huh? I don't play IDP so maybe the values are way different, but I wouldn't deal the 1.04 for all that, let alone throw in Big Ben at his lowest value...

Speaking of Sidney Rice, on a team ready to win now in a fairly high stakes league, I (Team A) made the following trades:Team A gave: Shonn Greene, Donald Brown, Owen Daniels and rookie 3.09Team B gave: Sidney Rice, Dallas Clark and rookie 2.02andTeam A gave: Dwayne Bowe, Eddie Royal, Santonio Holmes and rookie 3.02Team B gave: Brandon Marshall and rookie 2.10 Gave up a lot, particularly for Marshall, so blast away.
If the first one is PPR then it's great deal for you.You rarely going wrong trading for a stud, but that's a lot of young talent to give up for a guy one slip up from a one year suspension. Probably what you had to give up to get him though.

Jerricho Cotchery - WR - NYJ 2.02forRights to Julio Jones WR - ALA3.13(1 developmental player per team)
does Cotchery even have a job anymore?anyway, very nice work.
I really like Julio going forward.He's my top rated college WR prospect.Still a work in progress, but he's also 20 years old.Seemed like Cotchery was buried in NY. Hopefully he gets dealt , he can probably get a little more PT somewhere else.

Adopted a horrible team, IDP and PPR.

Made this move prior today's R-burger announcement and the McNabb trade:

Gave:

Kolb

Got:

R-burger

2011 2nd round

Also made this:

Gave:

Darren McFadden

Got:

2011 2nd round

Lance Long

It's going to take a great deal of work to get this team functional. I need all the draft picks I can get.
Best way to improve a cellar dweller is to find owners that will give you deals like those.
I commish this league;at the time the Big Ben one looked kind of bad, it was the week after everything started happening. But now it looks kind of good to dump him.

Also I'm owner who traded 1.08 / 2011 2nd for DMac... my team is ready to go IMO. I just missed the playoffs last yr and I was the 5th highest scorer out of 16 team. My Team could of also taken out most of the playoff teams in the 1st round last yr.

Oh yeah.. your team isn't horrible; u just need an WR and you'll take over that Division

http://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2010...O=07&F=0010

Roster

http://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2010...O=07&F=0001

Not sure if I posted this here

1 PPR for WRs

.5 PPR / .2 Per Carry for RBs

* Your Regularly Scheduled Pummeling gave up Greene, Shonn NYJ RB;Scott, Bart NYJ LB

* NO MA'AM gave up Jackson, DeSean PHI WR;Hill, Leroy SEA LB

Jerricho Cotchery - WR - NYJ 2.02forRights to Julio Jones WR - ALA3.13(1 developmental player per team)
does Cotchery even have a job anymore?anyway, very nice work.
I really like Julio going forward.He's my top rated college WR prospect.Still a work in progress, but he's also 20 years old.Seemed like Cotchery was buried in NY. Hopefully he gets dealt , he can probably get a little more PT somewhere else.
You gave up very little for a player guaranteed to trade for a Bryant boatload when he turns pro.

Gave: McNabb, Lynch, Troy Smith, DJ WareReceived: Roethlisberger, Dixon, 1.04, 2.01
Huh? I don't play IDP so maybe the values are way different, but I wouldn't deal the 1.04 for all that, let alone throw in Big Ben at his lowest value...
IDP? I'm not sure what you mean... :lmao: I gave:QB D McNabb, WasQB T Smith, BalRB M Lynch, BufRB D Ware, NYGI receivedQB B Roethlisberger, PitQB D Dixon, Pit2010 1.042010 2.01I think I did pretty well. The guy has been trying to get T Smith from me for a while b/c he's a homer from Smith's college days and thinks Smith will be traded into a QB1 gig this weekend. He thinks Lynch will go to SD this weekend, and he wanted Big Ben gone.I simply helped him fulfill his wishes...Yesterday I moved Gates/1.03/Wallace to the same team and got back Austin/V Davis.I've been approached today by another team who wants Big Ben/1.04 in exchange for Cutler/S Greene... ;)

IDP? I'm not sure what you mean... :lmao: I gave:QB D McNabb, WasQB T Smith, BalRB M Lynch, BufRB D Ware, NYGI receivedQB B Roethlisberger, PitQB D Dixon, Pit2010 1.042010 2.01I think I did pretty well. The guy has been trying to get T Smith from me for a while b/c he's a homer from Smith's college days and thinks Smith will be traded into a QB1 gig this weekend. He thinks Lynch will go to SD this weekend, and he wanted Big Ben gone.I simply helped him fulfill his wishes...Yesterday I moved Gates/1.03/Wallace to the same team and got back Austin/V Davis.I've been approached today by another team who wants Big Ben/1.04 in exchange for Cutler/S Greene... :ninja:
At a quick glance I read Demarcus Ware and Jordan Dizon and not Danny Ware and Dennis Dixin. I think subconsciously I thought it had to be that, otherwise the trade was such a tremendous ripoff in your favor...

Gave: McNabb, Lynch, Troy Smith, DJ Ware

Received: Roethlisberger, Dixon, 1.04, 2.01
IDP? I'm not sure what you mean... :lmao:

I gave:

QB D McNabb, Was

QB T Smith, Bal

RB M Lynch, Buf

RB D Ware, NYG

I received

QB B Roethlisberger, Pit

QB D Dixon, Pit

2010 1.04

2010 2.01

I think I did pretty well. The guy has been trying to get T Smith from me for a while b/c he's a homer from Smith's college days and thinks Smith will be traded into a QB1 gig this weekend. He thinks Lynch will go to SD this weekend, and he wanted Big Ben gone.

I simply helped him fulfill his wishes...

Yesterday I moved Gates/1.03/Wallace to the same team and got back Austin/V Davis.

I've been approached today by another team who wants Big Ben/1.04 in exchange for Cutler/S Greene...

:ninja:
At a quick glance I read Demarcus Ware and Jordan Dizon and not Danny Ware and Dennis Dixin. I think subconsciously I thought it had to be that, otherwise the trade was such a tremendous ripoff in your favor...
He offered the package to me with the 2.10 instead of the 2.01. I suggested the 2.01 and he accepted immediately b/c he wanted to get the deal done.Sometimes, things just fall into your lap. :shrug:

If I can draft Dwyer or Matthews at 1.04 and Dixon at 2.1, I'm laughin' (I need RBs in a HUGE way).

12 team PPR currently own the 1.03, 2.03, 3.03

Sent:

Lesean McCoy

Desean Jackson

Davone Bess

Received

Justin Forset

Jeremy Maclin

Tim Hightower

Dustin Keller

This team is in-between a rebuild and moving into the post season. So I need to hit on those draft picks to make this work as well as have Forset be that sneaky sleeper I expect him to be.

12 team PPR currently own the 1.03, 2.03, 3.03Sent:Lesean McCoyDesean JacksonDavone Bess2.03ReceivedJustin ForsetJeremy MaclinTim HightowerDustin Keller1.021.10This team is in-between a rebuild and moving into the post season. So I need to hit on those draft picks to make this work as well as have Forset be that sneaky sleeper I expect him to be.
WOW!!! Nice deal

12 team PPR currently own the 1.03, 2.03, 3.03Sent:Lesean McCoyDesean JacksonDavone Bess2.03ReceivedJustin ForsetJeremy MaclinTim HightowerDustin Keller1.021.10This team is in-between a rebuild and moving into the post season. So I need to hit on those draft picks to make this work as well as have Forset be that sneaky sleeper I expect him to be.
:bag:

Team A gives up Lesean McCoy and pick 21Team B gives up pick 3 and Ocho Cinco
Somebody WAYYYYY overpaid for LeSean McCoy.
Really?
Difinitely. I don't think McCoy is that good to be honest. Last year he didn't look like someone who is going to be a good RB.
McCoy will be fine.He admittedly hit "the rookie wall" and also has to improved his pass blocking a bit.The latter is what caused Weaver's increase in playing time.

Team A gives up Lesean McCoy and pick 21Team B gives up pick 3 and Ocho Cinco
Really?
Difinitely. I don't think McCoy is that good to be honest. Last year he didn't look like someone who is going to be a good RB.
McCoy will be fine.He admittedly hit "the rookie wall" and also has to improved his pass blocking a bit.The latter is what caused Weaver's increase in playing time.
I think McCoy will be a solid but unspectacular player. There is no way he is worth that price however. #3 pick is Bryant/Mathews/Spiller. Each one of them holds a lot more value in a trade than McCoy would. Not to mention Ocho Cinco is worth more than the 21st pick. When you combine those two, it comes out as way overpaying.

Really?
McCoy will be fine.

He admittedly hit "the rookie wall" and also has to improved his pass blocking a bit.

The latter is what caused Weaver's increase in playing time.
I think McCoy will be a solid but unspectacular player. There is no way he is worth that price however. #3 pick is Bryant/Mathews/Spiller. Each one of them holds a lot more value in a trade than McCoy would. Not to mention Ocho Cinco is worth more than the 21st pick. When you combine those two, it comes out as way overpaying.
You think 85 is worth more than 2.10?I would put him *max* at a 2.2 pick. The guy is 32 years old with a QB who can no longer throw the ball on a team which is quickly becoming run-first.

As for Spiller/Matthews... we have no idea where they land, and that *has* to factor into things. I truly dont believe you can say with certainty how much value they have or don't have. McCoy is RB1 in an established WC offense that likes throwing to its RB, and he was the (on average) the 1.04 pick in last year's draft.

1.03 and 85 is about right.

Really?

McCoy will be fine.

He admittedly hit "the rookie wall" and also has to improved his pass blocking a bit.

The latter is what caused Weaver's increase in playing time.

You think 85 is worth more than 2.10?

I would put him *max* at a 2.2 pick. The guy is 32 years old with a QB who can no longer throw the ball on a team which is quickly becoming run-first.

As for Spiller/Matthews... we have no idea where they land, and that *has* to factor into things. I truly dont believe you can say with certainty how much value they have or don't have. McCoy is RB1 in an established WC offense that likes throwing to its RB, and he was the (on average) the 1.04 pick in last year's draft.

1.03 and 85 is about right.

:shrug:

1.3 is worth more than Mc coy and pick 21 IMO

You think 85 is worth more than 2.10?I would put him *max* at a 2.2 pick. The guy is 32 years old with a QB who can no longer throw the ball on a team which is quickly becoming run-first.As for Spiller/Matthews... we have no idea where they land, and that *has* to factor into things. I truly dont believe you can say with certainty how much value they have or don't have. McCoy is RB1 in an established WC offense that likes throwing to its RB, and he was the (on average) the 1.04 pick in last year's draft. 1.03 and 85 is about right.
I would put Ocho in the late 1st/early 2nd round value. If my team is a contender I would have no issue paying a late 1st for him, especially in this draft class. To me it makes more sense to say it would take McCoy and Ocho for me even consider dealing the 1.03, and I likely wouldn't even make that move. But thats what makes FF interesting. Some owners (myself, JohnnyU, others) think that McCoy is average and always will be. Others think he is worth the 1.03 and change.

Personal preference.I personally think young players in starting positions who were top picks last year hold more value than top picks this year who dont even have a TEAM, let alone havent played a single down in the NFL yet.

12 Team PPRTeam A Traded: Steven Jackson/Santonio Holmes/2.12/2011 1st Team B Traded: Ray Rice/4.1/4.2
Another trade popped up to discuss, you must really like rice, it was a sell low on holmes for sure. not sure where the first will fall next year since i cant see the squads, but have to say Team A received great value for rice. 4th round picks? how many teams?

You think 85 is worth more than 2.10?I would put him *max* at a 2.2 pick. The guy is 32 years old with a QB who can no longer throw the ball on a team which is quickly becoming run-first.
That is absolute crazy talk. Ocho has another 2-3 years of solid production at least (he just turned 32). With a second round pick you're looking at probably a less than 10% chance of the guy you get EVER having a SINGLE season producing Ocho type numbers.Darrius Heyward-BeyBernard ScottGlen CoffeeRashad JenningsBrandon PettigrewMohamed MassaquoiMike GoodsonCedric PeermanBrian RobiskieMike ThomasThose are the guys that went in that area in last year's rookie draft. Would you trade Ocho for ANY of those guys, much less one of them at random?

Personal preference.I personally think young players in starting positions who were top picks last year hold more value than top picks this year who dont even have a TEAM, llet alone havent played a single down in the NFL yet.
They'll have teams in a few hours..But anyway, the bolded part of your statement is what I really want to touch on. I always have disliked this comment, but it really doesn't fit here. Similar to Knowshon Moreno, McCoy's value right now is lower than it was at this point last year, specifically because he *HAS* played a down in the NFL and people came away unimpressed.

Wouldn't you say that having never played a down in the NFL is better than having played in the NFL and looked bad? I'd much rather have an unknown as to how he will shape up in the NFL than to have a "known" that is below expectations.

FreeBaGeL said:
hostile said:
Colts Win said:
Personal preference.I personally think young players in starting positions who were top picks last year hold more value than top picks this year who dont even have a TEAM, llet alone havent played a single down in the NFL yet.
They'll have teams in a few hours..But anyway, the bolded part of your statement is what I really want to touch on. I always have disliked this comment, but it really doesn't fit here. Similar to Knowshon Moreno, McCoy's value right now is lower than it was at this point last year, specifically because he *HAS* played a down in the NFL and people came away unimpressed.

Wouldn't you say that having never played a down in the NFL is better than having played in the NFL and looked bad? I'd much rather have an unknown as to how he will shape up in the NFL than to have a "known" that is below expectations.
:goodposting: Thats why values on Moreno and McCoy are all over the place. A lot of teams took those two at 1.1 and 1.4 last year. So they expect that a year later, as they are closer to the prime of their careers, that they should be worth at minimum that same pick in this years draft. The problem is they both underwhelmed last year. I would rather take my chances on Mathews or Spiller, who while they both could such big time, have yet to prove that they do at the NFL level.

Users who are viewing this thread