What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

All TDs 6 dynasty pprGaveVick, Michael PHI QB;Heap, Todd BAL TEGotSmith, Alex SFO QB;Moore, Evan CLE TE
I don't understand why anyone would want Vick or Heap. Those turds will spend the rest of their lives on the waiver wire in my league. However Smith and Moore present some upside....

Team A GAVE:

McFadden, Colston, & James Jones

Team B GAVE:

Shonn Greene, Leon Washington, & Eddie Royal

* The Painsworths gave up Crabtree, Michael SFO WR;Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR; Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.10

* Schmiden Theory gave up Johnson, Andre HOU WR;Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE; Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.09

non-IDP, PPR

A gets Aaron Rodgers, QB (GB), Josh Morgan, WR (SF)

B gets Michael Vick, QB (PHI), Frank Gore, RB (SF); 2010 3rd round pick

C gets Michael Crabtree, WR (SF)

D gets Devin Aromashodu, WR (CHI), Chad Henne, QB (MIA), LeSean McCoy, RB (PHI)

FUBAR said:
non-IDP, PPRA gets Aaron Rodgers, QB (GB), Josh Morgan, WR (SF)B gets Michael Vick, QB (PHI), Frank Gore, RB (SF); 2010 3rd round pick
Donsmith753 said:
What does owner A have on owner B out of interest, he must be blackmailing him.
I assume you're joking - this trade was "vetoed" by two people, commish put it through. One guy completely went off about how bad team A was raped. IMO it's a pretty even trade, only problem I have is I'm team A and also have Romo and Freeman. I may end up keeping all 3 until injuries come calling to those without QBs to backfill their "viable" starters. Dynasty league, so I don't mind keeping 2 stud QBs (plus Freeman) for now, I wanted Rodgers but he went in the end of the 1st, Gore was a 2nd round pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
FUBAR said:
non-IDP, PPRA gets Aaron Rodgers, QB (GB), Josh Morgan, WR (SF)B gets Michael Vick, QB (PHI), Frank Gore, RB (SF); 2010 3rd round pick
Donsmith753 said:
I assume you're joking - this trade was "vetoed" by two people, commish put it through. One guy completely went off about how bad team A was raped. IMO it's a pretty even trade, only problem I have is I'm team A and also have Romo and Freeman. I may end up keeping all 3 until injuries come calling to those without QBs to backfill their "viable" starters. Dynasty league, so I don't mind keeping 2 stud QBs (plus Freeman) for now, I wanted Rodgers but he went in the end of the 1st, Gore was a 2nd round pick.
Yeah I don't see anything wrong with that trade. Especially compared to some of the ones that get posted here (like the Gore deal a little further up the page where he basically went for a 2011 1st round pick).

FUBAR said:
Donsmith753 said:
just so we're clear, the trade will process w/less than 5 vetos, so even had i not effed up the rosters, the trade would have processed (and should have processed by that point in the day anyway, since it had been 24 hours). i think it's interesting watching the reaction to this trade. some people think the Gore side clearly won, and others think the Rodgers' side came out ahead.

FUBAR said:
Donsmith753 said:
just so we're clear, the trade will process w/less than 5 vetos, so even had i not effed up the rosters, the trade would have processed (and should have processed by that point in the day anyway, since it had been 24 hours). i think it's interesting watching the reaction to this trade. some people think the Gore side clearly won, and others think the Rodgers' side came out ahead.
I viewed it that Vick is worthless. The 3rd round pick is pretty worthless too and then it's Rodgers and Morgan vs Gore.There's more and more talk about SF getting someone in to work alongside Gore which I think hurts his value.

FUBAR said:
Donsmith753 said:
I don't see how anyone could view it as the Gore side winning. I think the Rodgers side won in a landslide. IMO Rodgers is the #1 dynasty QB.

FUBAR said:
Donsmith753 said:
I don't see how anyone could view it as the Gore side winning. I think the Rodgers side won in a landslide. IMO Rodgers is the #1 dynasty QB.
this.

On Rodgers and Gore - where would both players go in an inaugural dynasty draft? Mid-late first round probably - which would suggest that in dynasty terms they have almost equal value.

On Rodgers and Gore - where would both players go in an inaugural dynasty draft? Mid-late first round probably - which would suggest that in dynasty terms they have almost equal value.
well, in that draft, Rodgers went at 1.10, and Gore at 2.6ish i think. imo, the value isn't even close, even at only 4pt pass TD.

well, in that draft, Rodgers went at 1.10, and Gore at 2.6ish i think. imo, the value isn't even close, even at only 4pt pass TD.
It was actually a surprise to me, as even in 4 pt pass TD leagues, Itypically see Rodgers go at 1.05, and even ahead of Ray Rice once.

It was actually a surprise to me, as even in 4 pt pass TD leagues, Itypically see Rodgers go at 1.05, and even ahead of Ray Rice once.
really? cause i've not seen one, before this one, where he went in the first round short of a league giving 6pts all TD. well that's simply amazing. i mean, i can understand the logic...but i figured it was a given that Rodgers would fall to me at the start of the 2nd round.

I've been very active this offseason; Start 2QB/2RB/3WR/1Flex/1TE

1/10 rushing/receiving

1/20 passing

6pt TD's rushing/receiving

4pt TD's passing

First trade;

I get

Roddy White

for

Matt Moore

-------------------------

Second trade;

I get

Calvin Johnson

Joseph Addai

Josh Freeman

Julian Edelman

Jerious Norwood

for

Steven Jackson

Hakeem Nicks

Donald Brown

Devin Hester

Eddie Royal

2010 3.1

2011 3rd

------------------------

Third Trade;

I get

2010 1.2

2011 2nd

2011 4th

2012 3rd

2012 5th

I give

Joseph Addai

2010 2.1

2010 2.6

really? cause i've not seen one, before this one, where he went in the first round short of a league giving 6pts all TD. well that's simply amazing. i mean, i can understand the logic...but i figured it was a given that Rodgers would fall to me at the start of the 2nd round.
The way I see it, Rodgers at 26 is the #1 QB in FF, redraft or dynasty. Could argue Brees ahead of him but even though I have Brees in my main league, I won't argue that. At 26, he probably has 5-10 years left at a high level, you can't say that about most players producing in the top 5 let alone the #1 guy. I wouldn't and didn't take him over the Johnsons or any of the 4 RBs, but after they're gone he's right in the conversation. Granted, in a 12 team league with 4 pts per TD, QBs are worth less, but even in that league, Brees scored 350 points last year, Rodgers scored 398, a 3 pt difference per game from the next best thing. That's almost as big a difference as CJ had over the rest in his record breaking year.

I love Rodgers and just paid a decent sum to get him and would have paid more... I got alot of WOW responses but I dont care Rodgers is young and puts up filthy #'s/

My trade I gave up

Rivers

Ronnie Brown

Welker/Edel

for

Rodgers

Ogletree

I would have paid more this was my 1st offer.

14 team PPR

Gave Bowe

Got 3.04, 2011 1st, 2011 2nd (the picks should be 1-4 range)

Bowe was my WR6 prior to the deal.

FUBAR said:
Donsmith753 said:
I agree. Rodgers is the #1 dynasty QB right now (according to most). With Crabtree in a full year now, and the emergence of Vernon Davis, plus talk of another back (CJ Spiller has been mentioned)....and with lots of young up and coming RB's in the league, I can see Gore dropping well out of top 5 range.

I moved Greg Jennings for Shonn Greene, Leon Washington, and Devin Thomas.

Roster:

Flacco, Joe BAL QB

Garrard, David JAC QB

Jackson, Tarvaris MIN QB

Buckhalter, Correll DEN RB

Bush, Reggie NOS RB

Greene, Shonn NYJ RB

Washington, Leon NYJ RB

Williams, Ricky MIA RB

Aiken, Sam NEP WR

Avant, Jason PHI WR

Boldin, Anquan BAL WR

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Dillard, Jarett JAC WR

Doucet, Early ARI WR

Heyward-Bey, Darrius OAK WR

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Knox, Johnny CHI WR

Royal, Eddie DEN WR

Thomas, Devin WAS WR

Washington, Nate TEN WR

Cooley, Chris WAS TE

Nelson, Shawn BUF TE

Watson, Ben CLE TE

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

Jets, New York NYJ Def

Patriots, New England NEP Def

Draft Pick- 1.3

* ####### and Beer gave up Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB;Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR;Clark, Dallas IND TE

* Schmiden Theory gave up Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB;Crabtree, Michael SFO WR;Winslow, Kellen TBB TE

* ####### and Beer gave up Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB;Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR;Clark, Dallas IND TE * Schmiden Theory gave up Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB;Crabtree, Michael SFO WR;Winslow, Kellen TBB TE
Interesting trade where I guess the two owners just have different evaluations of the players. It seems pretty fair and balanced.Stewart >>> MendenhallCrabtree>>>> BoweWinslow and Clark are a push. I would rather have Clark but he is getting old.

I love Rodgers and just paid a decent sum to get him and would have paid more... I got alot of WOW responses but I dont care Rodgers is young and puts up filthy #'s/My trade I gave upRiversRonnie BrownWelker/Edelfor RodgersOgletreeI would have paid more this was my 1st offer.
You gave up a lot? Welker could be done forver, Edelman will only be as good as the targets he gets...Brown i think is done as a top 15 option...and Rivers is #2. I would do that in a heartbeat. Nicely done.

* ####### and Beer gave up Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB;Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR;Clark, Dallas IND TE * Schmiden Theory gave up Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB;Crabtree, Michael SFO WR;Winslow, Kellen TBB TE
Interesting trade where I guess the two owners just have different evaluations of the players. It seems pretty fair and balanced.Stewart >>> MendenhallCrabtree>>>> BoweWinslow and Clark are a push. I would rather have Clark but he is getting old.
I actually like Mendy just a hair more than Stewart, but I know that's not standard value. I think Clark>Winslow but Crabtree>>>Bowe. I like it for the Crabtree side.

2 recent trades in PPR league:

Deal 1:

Gave: Wallace + 1.04

Got: Jennings

Deal 2 (6 pts per passing TD):

Gave: Schaub + Collie + 2011 2nd round pick

Got: Rodgers

PPR Dynasty

Team A got: Holmes, 3.7

Team B got: Addai

PPR DEV League

Team A got: 1.09 rookie pick, 1.11 DEV pick

Team B got: 1.06 rookie pick, Gaffney

PPR Dynasty:

Team A got: Rivers

Team B got: Forte, Alex Smith, Aroma, 2.5

In a 12-team, non-PPR Dynasty:

I gave Knowshon Moreno and got Michael Crabtree.

My other Rb's are Chris Johnson, Deangelo Williams, and Felix Jones.

My other Wr's are Randy Moss and Desean Jackson.

I figured that I have the depth to sacrifice Moreno, and I add depth behind Moss.

booda said:
In a 12-team, non-PPR Dynasty:I gave Knowshon Moreno and got Michael Crabtree. My other Rb's are Chris Johnson, Deangelo Williams, and Felix Jones. My other Wr's are Randy Moss and Desean Jackson.I figured that I have the depth to sacrifice Moreno, and I add depth behind Moss.
much prefer your side.

PPR Team, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1WR/TE, 1K:

QB Donovan McNabb, WasQB Kevin Kolb, PhiQB Matt Moore, CarQB Nate Davis, SFQB Troy Smith, BalRB Ronnie Brown, MiaRB Michael Bush, OakRB Marshawn Lynch, BufRB Laurence Maroney, NERB Mike Bell, PhiRB Jason Snelling, AtlRB DJ Ware, NYGWR Steve Smith, CarWR Mike Wallace, PitWR Lee Evans, BufWR Julian Edelman, NEWR Chris Chambers, KCWR Brandon Tate, NEWR Steve Johnson, BufWR Reggie Brown, TBWR Jaquan Iglesias, ChiTE Antonio Gates, SDTE James Casey, HouTE Evan Moore, CleK Nick Folk, NYj
I dealt: Gates/1.03/Wallace I got: Austin/ V Davis

Contract dynasty league where we get $500 per season with rollover to spend on free agents and redtricted free agents whose contracts have expired:

I give Pick 1.02 and $300

I get Ray Rice (2 yrs) and McGahee (2 yrs)

For reference, in our most recent RFA period in May 2009, Roddy White went for $300, Brees went for $400, and Steve Smith (Car) went for $400.

Trade gives me a ridiculous team for at least the next 2 years:

Romo

Peterson, Rice, R.Brown

Moss, Calvin Johnson, A.Johnson, B.Marshall

J.Finley

$220 salary cap IDP:

Gave up Andre Johnson $25 and DMC $20

Got Shonn Greene $23 and Vince Jax $7

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR's 1 TE and 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

Offensive Team now looks like:

Brees $16

Rice $10

Greene $23

Mike Bush $6

Maroney $10

desean Jax $11

Colston $11

Vince Jax $7

Celek $5

Winslow $3

oh and I have a ton of cap room for the auction to get any rookie RB I want....

10 team PPR

Start 1QB / 2RB / 3 WR / 1 RB-WR Flex / 1 TE

I GAVE:

1.10 Rookie Pick

2011 1st rd Rookie Pick

Johnny Knox

I GOT:

Reggie Wayne

Normally I would not like giving up two 1st for an aging vet, but when you see the roster I now have you'll see that those 1st round picks will be pretty late picks.

My roster now with starters in bold:

A Rodgers

A Smith

Chris Johnson

Maurice Jones-Drew

Michael Bush

Darren McFadden

Javon Ringer

Larry Fitzgerald

Reggie Wayne

Vincent Jackson

Marques Colston

Mike Sims-Walker

Laurent Robinson

Early Doucet

Chaz Schilens

Josh Morgan

Lance Moore

Jermichael Finley

Explain why you two feel this way about the trade? For Team A or for Team B.. It's closer than you might at first think.

Team A gives:Sidney Rice2011 1st2011 1st2010 2.42012 3rdTeam B gives:2010 1.12012 1st
Ouch...team A got crushed!
Team A gives:Sidney Rice2011 1st2011 1st2010 2.42012 3rdTeam B gives:2010 1.12012 1st
Ouch...team A got crushed!
Disagree.

Explain why you two feel this way about the trade? For Team A or for Team B.. It's closer than you might at first think.
Oops, I somehow did not see Sidney Rice, I thought it was just a draft pick trade. I now concur with the "Ouch" post.

Users who are viewing this thread