What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 WK2 SF @ SEA : Let the bloodbath commence (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooper31

Footballguy
Clubber Lang said it best. Prediction? Pain.

QUESTIONS:

1. Which coach throws the first verbal stone this week?

2. Which QB passes for more yards this week?

3. Which RB runs for most yards this week?

4. Which WR has the most yards receiving this week?

5. Victor and score?

My guesses:

1. Harbaugh. He always strikes me as a guy that lives for confrontation.

2. Kaep

3. Lynch

4. Baldwin. I think he has another big week just like week 1. He's my pick to lead Seattle in catches and yards this year.

5. Seattle 13 SF 10

1. Pete Carrol will make lots of little passive aggressive comments.

2. Kap

3. Wilson / Lynch

4. VD

5. Seattle 16 SF 13

Can't beat the best home field advantage in sports.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really interested to see how Seattle gameplans for Kap. Green Bay sold out against the run and paid for it.

I predict a lot of noise.

Its been a long time since there's been this much anticipation about a season here in Seattle. Way more than the 2005 season. The TV ratings for the last two preseason games were stupid high. Both were over a 50 share. I read today (reported by Aaron Levine) that the fourth quarter garnered over a 70 last week for the Seattle area. Can you imagine that over 70% of TVs turned on in Seattle were watching the football game?

I'm amazed SEA is favored in this. Niners strike me as an easy choice here at +3.
It's in SEA right? SEA is money at home-best team in the league at home. I know Kaep has improved a lot, but last game in SEA was pretty bad for SF overall.

San Fran was more impressive in their first game, but Seattle's home field advantage can't be overlooked. They beat the Saints in the playoffs when they were a sub .500 team. All fans should be jealous of the way Seattle fans actually give their team a home field advantage.

The SF/GB game isn't a great barometer for SEA/SF. The packers had to sell out to limit the run game and got lit up by the pass. I doubt SEA will have to use extra guys to stop the run.

The SF/GB game isn't a great barometer for SEA/SF. The packers had to sell out to limit the run game and got lit up by the pass. I doubt SEA will have to use extra guys to stop the run.
Well...other than them not using extra guys or selling out and just running a pretty basic zone 3/4 scheme.

I'm amazed SEA is favored in this. Niners strike me as an easy choice here at +3.
San Fran got #### kicked in Seattle last year.
:whistle: --> http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--offensive-guru-and-coaching-candidate-greg-roman-a-victim-of-his--niners--success-022509392.html

The plays Roman unveils on the screen, of course, are far more aesthetically pleasing. "He's a genius when it comes to football," Staley says. "He comes up with crazy stuff you don't see anywhere else — and he calls it at the perfect time."

[SIZE=10pt] Except, of course, when he intentionally doesn't. In mid-December, after the [/SIZE]Niners pulled out a 41-34 victory over the New England Patriots to improve to 10-3-1, Roman consciously decided to dial back the offense in order to keep potential playoff opponents off balance.

[SIZE=10pt]That approach seemed dubious the following Sunday night in Seattle, when the [/SIZE]49ers absorbed a 42-13 thrashing at the hands of the Seahawks, but Roman took solace in the fight Kaepernick displayed in leading [SIZE=10pt]San Francisco[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]to a late touchdown. The next week, though Roman kept things relatively conservative, the 49ers defeated the Arizona Cardinals to clinch the NFC West title and a first-round bye. [/SIZE]
Just sayin'

:football:

:whistle: --> http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--offensive-guru-and-coaching-candidate-greg-roman-a-victim-of-his--niners--success-022509392.html

The plays Roman unveils on the screen, of course, are far more aesthetically pleasing. "He's a genius when it comes to football," Staley says. "He comes up with crazy stuff you don't see anywhere else — and he calls it at the perfect time."

[SIZE=10pt] Except, of course, when he intentionally doesn't. In mid-December, after the Niners pulled out a 41-34 victory over the New England Patriots to improve to 10-3-1, Roman consciously decided to dial back the offense in order to keep potential playoff opponents off balance. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]That approach seemed dubious the following Sunday night in Seattle, when the 49ers absorbed a 42-13 thrashing at the hands of the Seahawks, but Roman took solace in the fight Kaepernick displayed in leading [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]San Francisco[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]to a late touchdown. The next week, though Roman kept things relatively conservative, the 49ers defeated the Arizona Cardinals to clinch the NFC West title and a first-round bye. [/SIZE]
Just sayin'

They got their butts kicked. Roman didn't tank that game. If that's what you were just sayin'.

No way SF tanked that game, considering it would have cost them a bye had GB won Week 17 or even the division title had they themselves lost Week 17. Too much to risk.

[SIZE=10pt] Except, of course, when he intentionally doesn't. In mid-December, after the Niners pulled out a 41-34 victory over the New England Patriots to improve to 10-3-1, Roman consciously decided to dial back the offense in order to keep potential playoff opponents off balance. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]That approach seemed dubious the following Sunday night in Seattle, when the 49ers absorbed a 42-13 thrashing at the hands of the Seahawks, but Roman took solace in the fight Kaepernick displayed in leading [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]San Francisco[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]to a late touchdown. The next week, though Roman kept things relatively conservative, the 49ers defeated the Arizona Cardinals to clinch the NFC West title and a first-round bye. [/SIZE]
Just sayin'

They got their butts kicked. Roman didn't tank that game. If that's what you were just sayin'.
Got it, coach.

No way SF tanked that game, considering it would have cost them a bye had GB won Week 17 or even the division title had they themselves lost Week 17. Too much to risk.
I didn't write the article, and I'm not saying SF tanked it. What I took away from the article was that Roman decided not to roll out his best game plan in this matchup. Is that tanking?

I didn't write the article, and I'm not saying SF tanked it. What I took away from the article was that Roman decided not to roll out his best game plan in this matchup. Is that tanking?
It would be stupidity, considering that game could have clinched the division for them, and losing it could have eventually costed them a bye or the division.

Just sayin'

Got it, coach.
Roman's gone conservative before, and it isn't like Carroll hasn't faced offenses from Harbaugh and Roman prior. Heck, he's faced Oregon's. If Roman was holding anything back, it was because they were on the road in a hostile stadium, with a new QB with some key injuries suffered earlier in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just sayin'

Got it, coach.
Roman's gone conservative before, and it isn't like Carroll hasn't faced offenses from Harbaugh and Roman prior. Heck, he's faced Oregon's. If Roman was holding anything back, it was because they were on the road in a hostile stadium, with a new QB.
To be clear, I'm not even saying that SF would have won had Roman thrown the book at SEA. I'm merely adding to the discussion of this thread. Some are referencing the last meeting in SEA and that article seemed relevant. :shrug:

Just sayin'

Got it, coach.
Roman's gone conservative before, and it isn't like Carroll hasn't faced offenses from Harbaugh and Roman prior. Heck, he's faced Oregon's. If Roman was holding anything back, it was because they were on the road in a hostile stadium, with a new QB.
To be clear, I'm not even saying that SF would have won had Roman thrown the book at SEA. I'm merely adding to the discussion of this thread. Some are referencing the last meeting in SEA and that article seemed relevant. :shrug:
I get it, but context is everything here.

I'm really interested to see how Seattle gameplans for Kap. Green Bay sold out against the run and paid for it.
Their plan for him last year was pretty solid. They've got more tape on him now, thigh of course that means more experience for him. But he hasn't faced anything like the hostile environment he faced in that drubbing since then. I think it'll be even louder and raucous this year.

1. Boldin adds an element of physicality on offense that wasn't there last year with the niners.

2. Needs to be noted that last year's game in Seattle was a "must win" for Seattle, but more of a "nice to have" for the Niners as far as playoff positioning.

3. Vernon Davis was not a factor in either game played last year, does his budding chemistry with Kap translate?

4. Wilson had not yet found his "groove" in their first meeting last year, the 2nd game was a different story.

5. Not surprised at the Seahawks being favored at all in this one. As I recall they were favorites last year in their home blowout of niners.

6. Niners were guilty of perhaps reading too much of their own press clippings last year, will the seahawks be susceptible to that fate this year as favorites in the NFC?

Key matchups:

Seattle WRs: Niners secondary suddenly have forgotten how to tackle, meaning SEA receivers will have their opps to make alot out of nothing.

SF pass rush: With a healthy Justin Smith, the pass rush now resembles that of early last season. Watch for rookie LB Corey Lemonier rotating in as a situational rusher. He's got perhaps the best jump off the snap than anyone else on that team.

I figured these teams will split the season series with the home teams coming out on top. Kaepernick's HOF induction will have to wait another week... SEA 24 SF 20

Seattle's secondary is light years better than GB. They'll probably continue to have trouble getting to the QB, but containing him will be a little easier with the better coverage downfield and will benefit from the same in helping keep the run somewhat in check. With SF's OL I wouldn't expect to contain the RBs much. But you know that Seattle spent a LOT of time in the offseason planning for Kaep and didn't have to shove that aside for their week 1 opponent like SF did. Cam was a good warmup for Kaep.

5:30 is going to take forever to get to on Sunday.

1. Boldin adds an element of physicality on offense that wasn't there last year with the niners.

2. Needs to be noted that last year's game in Seattle was a "must win" for Seattle, but more of a "nice to have" for the Niners as far as playoff positioning.

3. Vernon Davis was not a factor in either game played last year, does his budding chemistry with Kap translate?

4. Wilson had not yet found his "groove" in their first meeting last year, the 2nd game was a different story.

5. Not surprised at the Seahawks being favored at all in this one. As I recall they were favorites last year in their home blowout of niners.

6. Niners were guilty of perhaps reading too much of their own press clippings last year, will the seahawks be susceptible to that fate this year as favorites in the NFC?

Key matchups:

Seattle WRs: Niners secondary suddenly have forgotten how to tackle, meaning SEA receivers will have their opps to make alot out of nothing.

SF pass rush: With a healthy Justin Smith, the pass rush now resembles that of early last season. Watch for rookie LB Corey Lemonier rotating in as a situational rusher. He's got perhaps the best jump off the snap than anyone else on that team.

I figured these teams will split the season series with the home teams coming out on top. Kaepernick's HOF induction will have to wait another week... SEA 24 SF 20
Lol, he'll be right behind Jeff Garcia of 2000 with his sample size.

I love everyone picking SEA in here. SF is gonna make a statement in this game. The statement is "We are the ones who knock."

SF 27

SEA 24

Their plan for him last year was pretty solid. They've got more tape on him now, thigh of course that means more experience for him. But he hasn't faced anything like the hostile environment he faced in that drubbing since then. I think it'll be even louder and raucous this year.
Kaep did awesome against the Hawks last year .... Oh wait.
Best part of this game is a full week of the Wonder Twins. :clyde:

Kaep did awesome against the Hawks last year .... Oh wait.
Best part of this game is a full week of the Wonder Twins. :clyde:
Bet they tagged team well against the AFCW.

Man of Zen said:
Ignoratio Elenchi said:
SF 31

SEA 6
I don't think it'll be that bad, but the spirit of this prediction seems right to me.

One of these teams is a SB contender, and the other's just not. Simple as that -- same as last year. :shrug:
I was feeling pretty good about my team until I read this. :kicksrock:

Could go either way, but it definitely won't be 13-10 or 16-13 as a couple of you are calling for. These teams will score.

SF 28

Sea 24

Agreed that this won't be that low scoring.

The Seattle defense is designed primarily to prevent big plays. They make you work for your points by forcing you to sustain long drives and convert multiple third downs. I think SF can do this with some degree of efficiency.

I hope this goes one of two ways:

1) This game is totally ugly and uninspiring... a game that not even the most ardent fan can talk up as an instant classic, win or lose. Some sort of 9-7 debacle that makes people turn the TVs off.

or

2) Seattle wins, San Fran goes into a tailspin and finishes below .500. Then Squawk fan, in their eternal quest for validation, upon seeing their lifelong rivals the Niners being no longer relevant will chase after the St Louis Rams and start with their "Hey, we're good at the same time you are good, will you please have a rivalry-with-a-capital-R with us... if yes, check this box" routine, cementing them as the most bizarre, un-sports-fan-ish sports fans on the face of the planet. That would satisfy both my hatred of the Squawk fans and the Ninnies team.

Very excited for this game I could see it as a low scoring game Seattle won't put up numbers on this defense like the Packers did. Both teams have great defenses this year and should keep the scoring down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread