What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Wr's to Keep an Eye on? (1 Viewer)

A few deeper guys:

Julian Edelman (if, and pretty much only if) he re-signs in New England.

I'm interested in seeing what Dexter McCluster can do with Andy Reid at the helm.

Andrew Hawkins looked dominant out of the slot at times in 2012. Can the Bengals find a way to give him more opportunities?

Can the Dolphins' offense support a hefty enough passing game to make Brandon Gibson rosterable?

Keshawn Martin (probably more of a dynasty stash than an option for 2013)

With starting wideouts Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks absent from OTAs, that means Randle, in his second year out of LSU, is suddenly the Giants' No. 1 WR and is getting plenty of first-team reps along with Murphy and fellow wideout Jerrel Jernigan.

Last edited by a moderator:
another name to keep an eye on:Nick Toon, Saintsgood offense, good QB, I've seen Joe Morgan's name, but Toon could be worth a look if he finds a role in that offense. He missed all of his 2012 rookie season.
Joe Morgan just popped on a DUI - nearly x3 the legal limit, and with no license on him. Might this be the door opening for Toon to have that #3 role?

I bought Toon in two leagues this offseason for the price of a 3rd round rookie pick.

He doesn't have much wow factor for me on the field, but he fits the mold of a standout pro at 6'1.7" 217 (28.1 BMI) with 4.49 speed at the combine and very good numbers in the jumps (37.5"-39" vertical, 10'10" broad jump). On paper, he has first round tools. He was a decent college player and a reasonably high draft pick. Stick him in New Orleans with Brees chucking the ball every down and he could surprise some people. The major red flag is that he has a long history of foot injuries and could struggle to stay healthy.

I myself paid a 4th rounder (in a 10 team league, so maybe in the range of a 3rd in your league), and a practice squad roster spot for a year. I'm trying to shoehorn him into my 31 man "active" roster and hope for a few good games when I can then trade him for a future 2nd round pick. Not sure he's got everything needed (health wise for sure) to ever be even a #2 type fantasy guy - maybe a solid #3 type if he ever takes over the #2 role in NO.

Any other thoughts on him?

I myself paid a 4th rounder (in a 10 team league, so maybe in the range of a 3rd in your league), and a practice squad roster spot for a year. I'm trying to shoehorn him into my 31 man "active" roster and hope for a few good games when I can then trade him for a future 2nd round pick. Not sure he's got everything needed (health wise for sure) to ever be even a #2 type fantasy guy - maybe a solid #3 type if he ever takes over the #2 role in NO.

Any other thoughts on him?
Without picks in rounds 1-2 (Ingram move up, Bounty-gate), they took him pretty high, all things considered. Might be an indication they think he can do something for them.

3 - Akiem Hicks, DT, Regina (6-5, 318);

4 - Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin (6-2, 215);

5 - Corey White, S, Samford (6-0, 206);

6 - Andrew Tiller, OG, Syracuse (6-4, 324);

7 - Marcel Jones, OT, Nebraska (6-6, 320)

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/04/30/new-orleans-saints-2012-nfl-draft-review/#ixzz2UjDyvhQJ

Bump for Randle...

Giants WR Rueben Randle has shown major improvement through OTAs. Analysis: Coach Tom Coughlin referred to Randle as a guy who "has a chance to step his game up" and says "it's happening right now." Randle is seeing the majority of the starter's reps with both Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz out with contract disputes. The receiver credits the extra work this offseason with helping him understand the offense more. He's expected to fully take over No. 3 duties this season.

A few deeper guys:

Keshawn Martin (probably more of a dynasty stash than an option for 2013)
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-Texans-OTAs-Day-3/3f74d4a9-57f5-4a98-b555-84d7fc05b455

(Kubiak on what he’s seen specifically from WR Keshawn Martin that has changed) “These three days have been very impressive to me. I just see a guy that, year two, nothing’s hard for him anymore. He understands everything that’s going on so he just comes out here and works and gets better every day. Me sitting (WR) Andre (Johnson) every other day makes him a starter, too, from that standpoint. I’m really excited about what I’ve seen these past three days.”

(Kubiak on if drafting a wide receiver in the first round may have lit a fire under some of the younger receivers) “I’m sure. You’re (WR) Lestar (Jean) and (WR) Keshawn (Martin) and you’ve been working all last year and we draft a one and he goes in the huddle with the first group. That’ll get you going. But I don’t think in this case that’s what’s happened with them. I think that they’ve been workers the whole time. I think they see opportunity. I think that’s what they see and when guys get opportunities you usually find out what they have.”

Users who are viewing this thread