What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (1 Viewer)

I'm going to buy my kids Athletics jerseys with magnetic letters for the back.

Tim, this trade was actually great for the Angels. DiPoto's a complete buffoon, so it's pretty amazing he pulled this off.

Trumbo traded to Arizona for mediocre starting pitching.

I bought my daughter a Trumbo jersey this summer. Oh well, there goes that investment...

Bourjos gone, now Trumbo. ####.
Anaheim was near the bottom of the league in ERA, adjusted ERA, WHIP and SO/BB and they lost Vargas and Hanson. They needed pitching badly. The trade may not work out but it addressed a need and sold Trumbo at peak value.

Sorry about your daughter's jersey. I wouldn't suggest buying her a Skaggs jersey for obvious reasons. How about a Pujols shirt? He won't be as easy to trade.
I can understand the argument, but how was Trumbo at peak value? The year before he was an all star with a 260 average. This year, the average went down to 230 and he really struggled to make contact. He was not at peak value.

I bought my daughter a Trumbo jersey this summer. Oh well, there goes that investment...

Anaheim was near the bottom of the league in ERA, adjusted ERA, WHIP and SO/BB and they lost Vargas and Hanson. They needed pitching badly. The trade may not work out but it addressed a need and sold Trumbo at peak value.

Sorry about your daughter's jersey. I wouldn't suggest buying her a Skaggs jersey for obvious reasons. How about a Pujols shirt? He won't be as easy to trade.
I can understand the argument, but how was Trumbo at peak value? The year before he was an all star with a 260 average. This year, the average went down to 230 and he really struggled to make contact. He was not at peak value.
Sometimes the elevator never goes back up. They could've waited a year, Towers might've gotten blown out (which should happen, given how grossly negligent he's been), and the Angels would have one less rube to trade to. Maybe Trumbo gets even worse, while the league gets even smarter.

Next time buy your kid a jersey of a player who can field and/or not strike out half the time?

Sometimes the elevator never goes back up. They could've waited a year, Towers might've gotten blown out (which should happen, given how grossly negligent he's been), and the Angels would have one less rube to trade to. Maybe Trumbo gets even worse, while the league gets even smarter.

Next time buy your kid a jersey of a player who can field and/or not strike out half the time?
He has three years cost controlled years left before free agency. Next off-season, he'll only have two.

With Oakland and Texas falling apart, Tim should get ready to claim his spot on the bandwagon.

timschochet said:
Yet another terrible start to the Angels season.
They got slaughtered by the Mariners. Seattle mashed up and down the lineup. Angels don't look to have any protection for Trout in their lineup. Could get ugly quickly for Anaheim.

Angels having a great season. It's hard for me to believe, given the lineup and pitching. But they're doing great. Still 1.5 games behind Oakland...

Their bullpen went from trash to treasure in a hurry. Solid trades getting Thatcher & Street.

Trout needs to stop looking at so many called 3rd strikes though.

The Angels with the best record in baseball. But it probably won't help them, because Garrett Richards is lost for the year.

:wall: Without Richards, I don't think they have a chance in hell in the post season, assuming they get there. Hope I'm wrong.

90 wins!

Love the way they've played since Richards went down for the season. Shoemaker seems to be our ace now and it's not a bad thing that Hamilton's shoulder has kept him out for the last week.

love seeing Moniak get called up and hitting lights out, hopefully he can maintain a steady pace the rest of the year. Going to have to order my #16 jersey

Angels are dead for the next 5 years. All in at trade deadline and swept by the Mariners. Otahni gone. Farm teams empty. Finished. Kaput.

Users who are viewing this thread