What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Snap Count Thread (1 Viewer)

massraider

Footballguy
Taking a look game by game of snap counts.  We can all chase Sio Moore after he goes nuts, but let's try and identify players that are seeing a lot of snaps, and maybe we can pick up good players BEFORE they explode

.CAR/DEN

Todd Davis--He's starting next to Marshall, but I don't like it.  He played 62% of the snaps, but will see a lot more 3-wides in futire weeks.  Their 3rd safety, Simmons, saw 40% of snaps, and their starting safeties saw 88% and 90%.  

TJ Ward--If you're looking for a safety that plays some nickel LB, here's our guy.  

Derek Wolfe and Jared Crick--Crick outsnapped Wolfe, which makes me wonder.  Keep an eye on that if you own Wolfe.

BUFF/BAL

Zach Orr--94% of defensive snaps.  Albert McClellan saw 67%, but BAL will see more wide open offenses rest of the year.  Looks like a 3 down guy

Brandon Williams--76% of defensive snaps, for DT-required leagues.

CHI/HOU

Benardrick McKinney--98%.  3 down LB, and Cushing is out.  

John Simon--89%.  Cush replacecment?

Andre Hal--Umm, who?  98% of snaps.  Wow. 

Adrian Amos--SS on a bad team.  100% of snaps.  Only had 5 tackles, but this is the kind of player I am talking about.  

OAK/NO

Craig Robertson and James Lauriniatis--played 100% of snaps.  What happens when Ellerbe comes back?  NO homers?

Stephone Anthony--18%.  Ouch.

Malcolm Smith/Ben Heeney--100%.  Both are playing a lot, I still think Heeney leads team in tackles.

Jihad Ward--67% of snaps.  In DT-required, he is a guy to watch.  Plays a lot, and will get some cleanup sacks.  Is also a Charlie Hustle type, and will make tackles down the field.  No promises once Mario is back, but right now, he's starting.

SD/KC

Justin March--Something screwy with his snap counts but finished with 8 sols.  Also was graded badly by PFF, so keep an eye on his count. 

Denzel Perryman--Saw less snaps than Kyle Emanuel.  Something going on here,

GB/JAX

Paul Posluzny--100% of snaps.  I would not have called that.  

Myles Jack--No snaps?

Blake Martinez and Jake Ryan--Neither with more than 65%.  I'm out on these two for now, maybe Martinez in dynasty.

NYJ/CIN

David Harris--100%.  Keeps chugging along

Darron Lee-63%.  Not startable yet, but stealing Henderson snaps.

Calvin Pryor--89% and a goose egg.  I know he got banged up, but I am worried

Karlos Dansby and Vincent Rey--100% and 94%.

CLE/PHI

Nigel Bradham and Jordan Hicks--Your 3 down LB.  Kendricks is unstartable.

Christian Kirksey and Demario Davis--Both 3 down LB, both worth rostering.

Jamar Taylor--Starting CB across from Joe Haden.  Statable in CB-required leagues.  

TB/ATL

De'Vondre Campbell and Deion Jones--3 down LB in ATL.  Future is now.  Could both have big games vs. OAK.  

Veronon Hargreaves--100% of snaps.  Rookie corner with some big play potential.  If looking for Marcus Peters 2.0, this is a good candidate.

SEA/MIA

DeShawn Snead--Who is this, and how did he play 100% of snaps for SEA?

Frank Clark--55% of snaps.  This guy is legit, and is a must add in dynasty.

Isa Abdul-Quddus--100% of snaps at S.  I don't know if he playing deep or not tho.  

NYG/DAL

Sean Lee-- 100%, only LB with more than 55%.

Benson Mayowa--80%, has some pass rush, and has to play a lot of smape right now.

Kelvin Sheppard and Jonathan Casillas--both around 75%.  I'm not banging my head against the wall with NYG LBs, but knock yourself out.

DET/IND

Sio Moore--Obviously.  Played 72%.

Clayton Geathers--Was out injured, but his replacement was hurt, and he may be back this week.  SS for this defense is a guy I want.  

Tavon Wilon--Only played 64%.  

NE/AZ

Tony Jefferson--100% of snaps.  ANd he's more of an in the box type.  No one knew how the S would shake out here, but he looks like an every down player.  I like it.

Kevin Minter--92%.  Wow.  Nice job, Kevin.  

Nothing new from the Pats

PIT/WAS

Will Compton--100%, and a 3 down LB.  WAS should be in shootouts this year, so keep an eye.

Mason Foster--75%.  Had a good game, not sure there will be this many chances later in the season.  Not a believer.

Michael Mitchell--98%, and he's more of an in the box type.  

SF/LA

Ray-Ray Armstrong--Ina  time share with Gerald Hodges, 63% for Ray-Ray

TJ McDonald and Antoine Bethea--SS for two bad teams,  should both get plenty of tackles.  

Great post mass.

I'll chime in on a few things...

I believe Todd Davis will see his time increase as he is earning it. He flashed well last Thursday.

Its Max Bullough filling in for Cuishing at ILB.

Hargreaves and Frank Clark absolutely need to be owned in leagues deep enough or with position considerations.

Gaethers -- this may be your last shot at acquiring him. 

TJ McD looked like he wasnt playing SS but rather at L-OLB opposite of Barron and it was Maurice Alexander at the true SS. I expect this to change as the defense is so light-in-the-pants that its going to get them killed against the run. None of the 3 (Barron, Alexander or TJ) can handle O-Linemen at the second level.

Last edited by a moderator:
SEA/MIA

DeShawn Snead--Who is this, and how did he play 100% of snaps for SEA?

Frank Clark--55% of snaps.  This guy is legit, and is a must add in dynasty.

Isa Abdul-Quddus--100% of snaps at S.  I don't know if he playing deep or not tho.  
DeShawn Shead is a CB for Seattle.  5th year player out of Portland State.  Didn't start seeing the field much until last season.  Now is set for a big roll in the legion of boom this year.

Frank Clark is worth an add if he is listed as a DE in your league.  Unfortunately ESPN has him listed as a LB.

OAK/NO

Craig Robertson and James Lauriniatis--played 100% of snaps.  What happens when Ellerbe comes back?  NO homers?

NYJ/CIN

Calvin Pryor--89% and a goose egg.  I know he got banged up, but I am worried
Robertson will most likely lose snaps when Ellerbe returns, but definitely something to monitor. 

Pryor concerns me as well. With that dominant DL, it may be difficult for him to rack up tackles. Definitely something to watch.

Robertson will most likely lose snaps when Ellerbe returns, but definitely something to monitor. 

Pryor concerns me as well. With that dominant DL, it may be difficult for him to rack up tackles. Definitely something to watch.
As a guy who drafted Ellerbe as a rookie and carried him every season since, I'd say add Roberston asap. Ellerbe just doesn't seem like he can get and stay healthy at this point in his career. He's expected to miss this weekend, too. Robertson isn't old (for an LB) so his play could win the spot now, and certainly for next year with Ellerbe's 2017 a voidable year.

Thumbs up for this thread, thanks.

massraider = the human snap tracker.

Some Chiefs stuff: March down to 32 snaps this week iirc, but still recorded 8 total tackles. Daniel Sorenson, backup SS, seemed to take the ~15 snaps that March lost.

#FreeChrisJones (no, not like that). Dude was throwing around o-linemen during the preseason, and that continued on Sunday - watch #95: https://twitter.com/Super_G_Chiefs/status/778072929280008192 He could do some serious stuff with a full workload, but that won't happen unless there's an injury to Howard/Poe/Bailey. KC's DL is stacked.

Week 2

Jets/Bills:  

Zach and Preston Brown are your 3 down LB.  I like their outlook, because I dunno if BUF can maintain drives.  Should be must starts vs. AZ, and seem to get high assist counts at home.  

Calvin Pryor is a bummer to me.  I was dreaming about the way coach used his SS tyoes in AZ, and was imagining Deone stats.  He's still playing 98% of snaps, but has tackle competition and just might not be that good.  Will hold where I can.

Darron Lee is at 77% snaps. Jets have a good ofense, and a good deense, dunno how much opportunity he gets.

SF/CAR:

Gerald Hodges.  Was dropped in a couple of my leagues, and Ray-Ray is on the IR.  Should be a 3 down guy.

CLE/BAL:

Zach Orr at 100% of snaps.  Has a bunch of good offenses coming up, he might be in line for very solid numbers. 

Abe Campbell just isn't working out.  Another S I was excited about.  But now the CLE SS is on everyone's waiver wie, Derrick Kindred.  He had 5 tackles in 23 snaps week 1, and 5 tackles in week 2, in 62 snaps.  CLE should be on the field or 70 snaps a week, minimum.  I'm going hard after him.  

DET/TEN:

I got nothing here, other than I will track Woodyard, and if his snaps drop below 30%, I'm gonna go get Sean Spence. 

AZ/TB: 

I don't know if I trust Tyvon Branch's numbers.  But the Cards have not changed the D since Bowles left, so he and Jefferson are both startable.  One thought:  I think Jefferson will play closer to LOS more because Branch has superior speed.  But I watched the condensed gsme, and Branch looked great.  I missed the boat on both these guys.  

DEN/IND:

Todd Davis at 55%.  I think he's losing nickel snaps to Ward, and Justin Simmons is extra safety.  

Shane Ray a move in big play leagues, playing for Ware?  I was never big on Ray, but the opportunity is there.  

Sio Moore is at 83%, and looks like a legit LB3.  In dynasty, I would stash Antonio Morrison, or pick him up later in the year, even.  Could be a 3 down guy next year.  

Clayton Geathers was at 48% this week, a good guy to grab a week early, as I think he's the SS the rest of the year.  

KC/HOU:

McKinney is the man, and had a big night this week.  3 downs, and rushes the passer.  Yes, please.

Quentin Demps playing all the time, and doing nothing.  I'm staying away.

Frank Zombo played 20 more snaps than Justin March.  The word you are looking for is 'Alarmed'.  Unstartable right now, and geez, keep an eye on Zombo. 

GB/MIN:

Andrew Sendejo played all 71 snaps.  Had a big game.  But I don't like all the competition for tackles.  

Both GB linebackers, Ryan and Martinez, only played 70% of snaps, Joe Thomas saw 30%, and was active.  He might cap their upside for now.

NE/MIA:

Both MIA safeties killed it, Pats are a grgeat secondary matchup.  

Jelani Jenkins played 76%, best bet after Alonso, and when Alonson gets hurt, might be a monster.  

Collins only Pats LB woth a dang.

NO/NYG:

Carig Robertson.  DId you pick him up?  Start him.  

Saints safeties are interesting, I love Vaccaro, but Vonn Bell got a lot of run last week, verrrrry interesting.  Byrd, Vaccaro, and Bell all played a LOT.

Lauriniatis played 100%, and had 3 tackles.  He sucks now.

Giants LBs:  I'm staying away.  Robinson played 84%, Casillas only 66%, and the Giants leading tacklers were two CBs and a S.  It was the Saints, so a lot of dime, but still.  

PIT/CIN:

Anyone got a line on how PIT using their S?  Golden had more tackles, but I assumed that Mitchell was the banger.  

I don't own any Cincy LBs, and that's fine with me.  Rey, Rey, Dansby, and Burfict coming.  Seems like a mess.

OAK/ATL:

If you have an empty roster spot, Cory James.  Might not be anything, and he only played 14%.  But he's an athlete, and Heeney went from 100% to 86%.  Malcolm Smith holding at 100%.  He's a solid LB3.  

ATL has waiver options while guys are hurt.  Weatherspoon until Campbell is back, Ricardon Allen and Ishmael until Neal is back.  Start all Falcons next week.

SEA/LA:

YO, Deshawn Shead.  Another good game.  Dang.

Frank Clark is a big play waiting to happen.  56% of snaps, and you need to get on board.

Barron with a big game.

TJ McDonald played 100% of snaps, and did nothing. Had a big game week 1, so no panic here.

SD/JAX:

Te'o with 86%, Perryman with 48%, Jatavius with 47%.  Oh Perryman, what a massive disappointment you are.  Biggest IDP bust of the year, right?

Pos had a great game, but lost 24% of his snaps to Myles Jack.  Sell, Sell, Sell.  

DAL/WAS:

Compton and Foster good games, both played a lot.  I still don't trust Foster.

Lee is only DAL LB to have, the rest just aren't playing. 

Breeland is an every week starter in CB leagues.  Norman is GREAT for his value.  

David Bruton played 100% of snaps, if you need a S.

Jack Crawford playing a lot at DE, and getting action.  Had more tackles than any LB not named Lee.

PHI/CHI:

Amos has a concussion, if he's out, Harold Jones-Quartey, whoever the hell that is, might be the play.  

Philly defenders got no run, because Chicago offense.  Top tacklers were all DBs.  Kendricks is a forgotten (38%) man.  

That's it for this week.  

Frank Zombo played 20 more snaps than Justin March.  The word you are looking for is 'Alarmed'.  Unstartable right now, and geez, keep an eye on Zombo. 
I would not keep an eye on Zombo unless he gets work at ILB again. Currently being used as a 3-4 OLB, and he's as dynamic as you would expect a white guy named "Frank Zombo" to be. Chiefs spent more time in 3-S sets than 2-ILB sets last week, which explains the bump in snaps for Sorenson and the slight decline for March. Seems to be a gameplan-specific thing that Sutton will do from time to time, I recall Husain Abdullah lining up as a LB for a handful of snaps last season as well.

I would not keep an eye on Zombo unless he gets work at ILB again. Currently being used as a 3-4 OLB, and he's as dynamic as you would expect a white guy named "Frank Zombo" to be. Chiefs spent more time in 3-S sets than 2-ILB sets last week, which explains the bump in snaps for Sorenson and the slight decline for March. Seems to be a gameplan-specific thing that Sutton will do from time to time, I recall Husain Abdullah lining up as a LB for a handful of snaps last season as well.
Yeah, Zombo isn't even worth a watch list. It's more like, keep an eye on Zombo, he's stealing all my linebacker's snaps, the fargin bastige.

Yeah, Zombo isn't even worth a watch list. It's more like, keep an eye on Zombo, he's stealing all my linebacker's snaps, the fargin bastige.
Ah. Still wouldn't worry about his affect on March though, since they play different positions. If Barrington starts getting meaningful snaps, that's when the red flags should go up IMO.

So how about now with zombo/march? What were the formation and start figures? 
For the second straight week, March's snaps decreased while Sorenson's snaps increased. Zombo's work has held pretty steady since week 1, and to my knowledge, none of his snaps were at ILB.

March: 50, 32, 24

Sorenson: 19, 26, 37

Zombo: 50, 53, 53

For the second straight week, March's snaps decreased while Sorenson's snaps increased. Zombo's work has held pretty steady since week 1, and to my knowledge, none of his snaps were at ILB.

March: 50, 32, 24

Sorenson: 19, 26, 37

Zombo: 50, 53, 53
Yep, march/sorenson, Todd davis/tj ward or Simmons (or Parks last week) and durant/Wilcox are all in the same boat. Lb in base, S in subs....going to be game/score dependant I'm afraid

Week 3:

Might be a bit shorter this week, as I will gover notable changes to snap counts already posted above:

NE/HOU:

Pats played 3 safeties all game, aside from Collins, it's a LB wasteland.  I didn't see the formations, but you know Chung is a box guy, so he might be a starter going forward.  Duron Haarmon playex 97% of snaps, and all ST snaps, so that sounds great, but he didn't do much.  Chris Long playing 77% of snaps, but he has never filled the stat columns.

JJ Watt out for the year.  I dunno who replaces him, and my first thought is that it's good news for McKinney, as the D should see the field more.  Will be watching the box score this week closely.  Bullough and Simon both playing 81% of snaps.  

BUF/AZ:

Kevin Minter played 3 downs, and has 6/2/4 tackles.  Might not be a bad fill in.  Branch was down to 61 snaps.  Mathieu is playing deep, and I don't think he's startable.  Jeferson is killing it this year.

Zach Brown leading league in tackles, coach is praising him, but played 62% of snaps.  Might just be an aberration.  

CAR/MIN:

Shaq Thompson was shut out, playing 63% of snaps, but that was only 34 snaps, as CAR had the ball a lot.  

Andrew Sendejo playing full time, and putting up nice numbers, which surprises me.  

Barr and Kendricks getting ALL the LB snaps.

DEN/CIN:

Todd Davis played 69% of snaps, and had 5 tackles.  Will he do as well when DEN playing a team that passes more? Beware.  

Vincent Rey the 3 down guy in CIN.  Dansby below 80%.  

Shane Ray playing full time in place of Ware.

SD/IND:

Big news here is that Te'o is done.  Bump for Perryman, and it's time to roster Jatavius Brown if you have not already.  He only played 44% of snaps, but has potential as a money backer type.  Perryman is going to play full time now, and might pay off for us, thanks to Te'o's Achilles tendon.

Give me D'Qwell Jackson, Sio Moore, and Clayton Geathers every week as starters for IND.  For dynasty, keep an eye on Antonio Morrison.  He was a favorite of mine pre-draft, as a stash.  He's LB with instincts, and while not great speed, he's athletic.  Quietly played 16 snaps this week.  We'll see if his snaps go up.  

CHI/DAL:

Sweet baby jesus, Chicago is bad.  Trevathan is out with a thumb, and Nick Kwiatkowski was listed as a starer, but played little.  The play here is the safeties, and I like both Amos and Jones-Quartey.  This defense should be on the field a lot the next month.  

Durant and Hitchens split time, neither interests me.  Chicago ran 3 S a lot, with Wilcox and Church getting the tackles.  Jones is the deep man.  

Jacoby Glenn is a bad CB who will get a lot of action, Fuller is out.  I might pick him up as in my CB leagues.

DET/GB:

GB linebackers are a mess, as we thought.  Joe Thomas snaps went up, Martinez went down.  Ryan seems safe as a 3 down guy.  

Kenny Clark played 62% at DT.  

Kyle Van Noy is playing a lot with injuries, when Levy comes back, he's useless.  

Tavon Wilson was hurt, and Rafael Bush took over.  

BAL/JAX:

I thought Poz was done, and I was wrong.  Played 100%, Myles Jack didn't see the field.  

Zach Orr is an every week starter at LB, especillay this week vs. #2 rushing attack (OAK).

Yannick Ngakoue playing a lot for Jax.  

NYJ/KC:

Justin March honeymoon over.  I feel safe cutting him.  If Zombo and Sorenson are taking your snaps, you cannot be a good player.  

Darron Lee's snaps this year:  36-41-63.  He's a 3 down guy it looks like.  Starting!

CLE/MIA:

Kirksey and Poyer made all the tackles for CLE.  I am goign to watch this game, I wanna see how CLE is using Poyer.  

Kiko Alonso played 100% of snaps, and I am going to trade him.  He's not good, and an injury is coming.  Keeping my eye on Jelani Jenkins.

WAS/NYG:

JPP and Vernon playing all the time.

Bruton is racking  up tackles.  Cravens saw an uptick in snaps.  

DeAngelo Hall out of year, Ihenacho will play more, as well as Blackmon..  

Mason Foster lost snaps.

Casillas only NYG LB worth owning, and I'm not excited.

OAK/TEN:

Cory James and Karl Joseph both started, played all three down, and led team in tackles.  Joseph will definitely play closer to the line than Reggie, so look for numbers from him.  I would play matchups with James, and only start him against good offenses/runing games, but it seems like our sleeper has awoken.  

4 TEN safeties played a lot, looks like Williamson is the only LB worth a darn here.

PIT/PHI:

Timmons was injured, but should be fine next week.  Vince Williams took over, and is a dynasty stash.  

SEA/SF:

Gerald Hodges, as expected, 86% of snaps.  But has almost no tackles this year.  You want tackles?  Antoine Bethea.

Deshawn Shead is a must start in CB leagues.

LAR/TB:

Lavonte back, with 7 tackles.

I was going to say like Hargreaves as a spot starter, only vs good slot guys, but he is starting, and Verner on the bench.  

Like Grimes this week vs Sanders and DT, DEN doesn't throw to anyone else. 

NO/ATL:

Von Bell gave way to Roman Harper, who played a ton.  

Sean Weatherspoon looked good, and will play a lot at least another week, I think.

Mason Foster seems to be losing more snaps to Cravens each week.  Any reason to expect that trend to reverse?

Karlos Dansby's snap counts and percentages have also declined the past couple of weeks even before Burfict returned.  What role and impact do we expect from him (Dansby) going forward with Burfict back?

Agreed that March can probably be cut in most leagues, his workload will be too inconsistent to be a good FF play. However, Sorenson has a top-20 grade among safeties on PFF this year, so it's not like March is losing work to a scrub. KC also seems to like Sorenson, which played a role in them letting Tyvon Branch walk this offseason.

Mason Foster seems to be losing more snaps to Cravens each week.  Any reason to expect that trend to reverse?
I've gone back and forth with a few guys here, I clearly like Foster less than some, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think Foster is just a guy, he is living off the fantasy rep of a big season a few years ago.  Chicago cut him before the season last year, and the Skins signed him after the season started.  Cravens, if he is playing LB, Foster is the logical guy to lose snaps. The only variable I can think of is the DeAngelo Hall injury.  Maybe Cravens plays more SS, and Bruton plays deep more?   Something to search Twitter for, I guess.  

Karlos Dansby's snap counts and percentages have also declined the past couple of weeks even before Burfict returned.  What role and impact do we expect from him (Dansby) going forward with Burfict back?
Too many good LBs in CIN.  Rey, Dansby, Burfict, Maualuga all getting snaps.  I have no idea how it'll shake out, except I think it'll be tough for owners to predict.

Heeney now second string on the Raiders website depth chart. That sure was a fast fall from grace. Thanks again, MR - got James in one league, though not the one where I have Heeney. 

Hopefully Taze will fill that spot.... til he gets hurt or suspended again. :/

I paid a lot for C. James, but with Trevathan down I'm pleased.  Too bad March hasn't panned out.  Keeping him though since he's young.

The Saints LBs are going to be interesting to see what shakes out. Haven't seen snap counts for week 4, but Laurinaitis was banged up and inactive.  Can't remember where I read it or if it this morning, but it was stated they will likely move Craig Robertson to middle linebacker and have Nate Stupar on the weak side. Robertson had 6 tkl/1 pd while Stupar had 9 tkl/1 fr.

The Saints LBs are going to be interesting to see what shakes out. Haven't seen snap counts for week 4, but Laurinaitis was banged up and inactive.  Can't remember where I read it or if it this morning, but it was stated they will likely move Craig Robertson to middle linebacker and have Nate Stupar on the weak side. Robertson had 6 tkl/1 pd while Stupar had 9 tkl/1 fr.
 Snap counts for Saints LBs per PFF:

(R-run/P-pass/T-total)

Wk1              Wk2           Wk3           Wk4              Total                           
Craig Robertson         26/47/73       32/47/79    28/30/58    22/47/69    108/171/279
James Laurinaitis       26/47/73       32/47/79    28/36/64          0/0/0      86/130/216
Dannell Ellerbe                 0/0/0             0/0/0          0/0/0          0/0/0                0/0/0
Nathan Stupar                 2/0/2             0/0/0          4/4/8     21/42/63          27/46/73
Michael Mauti              9/12/21             2/4/6          0/0/0        9/6/15           20/22/42
Stephone Anthony         8/5/13             4/0/4    21/12/33          1/0/1           34/17/51

I've gone back and forth with a few guys here, I clearly like Foster less than some, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think Foster is just a guy, he is living off the fantasy rep of a big season a few years ago.  Chicago cut him before the season last year, and the Skins signed him after the season started.  Cravens, if he is playing LB, Foster is the logical guy to lose snaps. The only variable I can think of is the DeAngelo Hall injury.  Maybe Cravens plays more SS, and Bruton plays deep more?   Something to search Twitter for, I guess.  

Too many good LBs in CIN.  Rey, Dansby, Burfict, Maualuga all getting snaps.  I have no idea how it'll shake out, except I think it'll be tough for owners to predict.
A couple things we know.  Burfict will be 100% once he's up to speed.  Maualuga will be in on run downs only.  Dansby will replace RM on pass downs.  The Bengals use Nickel as base D.

What we/I don't know....  Do they prefer Dansby or VRey on run downs?  What % will they play 3LBs for that to even matter?

Week 4:

There's some stuff going on this week, for sure.  Will bold the big names.

CIN/MIA:

Going off this one game, Vincent Rey is the big loser with the return of Burfict.  To break down the LBs by percentage:  Burfict 76%, Maualuga 51%, Dansby 49%, Rey 33%.  Oof.  Burfict is the alpha dog, and with 3 decent starters around him, I wonder if any other LB will be able to be counted ont his year.  My first instinct is to say Dansby, but I don't want to count on him.  Cheese has a great post above this one regarding the LBs.  I caught Burficts first games back, he's so good.  Instincts are among the finest in the league, and underrated as an athlete.  I don't care what he ran at his pro day, he is not a slow LB.  

The Dolphins have started Tony Lippett at CB, a college WR conversion, and have him starting opposite Xavien Howard, another rookie.  Both of these guys might be getting some startable tackle numbers, especially if the Dolphins continue to look bad on offense, which I expect.  Tannehill isn't good enough to carry an offense with no running game.  

Congratulations to Kiko Alonso, for staying healthy for a month.  :confetti:

ATL/CAR:

The best feeling in fantasy football, is not your QB throwing a TD to your WR.  You expect that.  The best is in IDP, when that scrub CB you grabbed on a hunch in your CB-required league goes bonkers.  I'm going to always have a spot in my heart for you, Robert Alford.  3 tackles, 2 picks, and a TD.  Holla!  Don't take it personal if I cut you again soon, but let's be honest, what's the chances of that happening again this season?  

ATL, are they good?  Is this team for real? I don't really think so, but right now, I don't feel as bad about my Raiders losing to them.  I would ask a Falcons fan, but I don't think there are any.  

Because of a Deion Jones calf injury  ATL top LB in terms of snap counts (I don't count Beasley) was Spoon with 66%.  Deion Jones only played 62%.  Jones has had very high PFF grades the last two weeks, BTW.   When my man De'Vondre Campbel gets back, Sppon probably goes back to bench, which.....whatever.  I agree with John Norton that Spoon plays well when he's in there.  

CAR usually has little IDP snap counts to follow, I mean, you've got your two LBs, and a bunch of DEs that look like they should perform, but don't do crap.   Right?  Been this way for about 4 years, I feel like.  This year we've got the rookie CB rule, and we also have Shaq Thompson waiting in the wings.  Thomas Davis had a hammy issue on Sunday, left the game, and played 70% of snaps.  Shaq played 78%.  If Davis is out, Shaq is in play, but man, I hate counting on Davis to be out.  He's a tough guy, first ballot Hall of Very Good, and has overcome enough injuries to end three careers.  If you don't like Thomas Davis, you don't like football.  

IND/JAX:

Going to skip down to this game, because there's a lot to talk about.  

Sio Moore.  Hey, did you enjoy the last month of tackle numbers?  Well, I hope so.  Sio Moore was cut yesterday.  If you search him on Twitter, there's a series of vines of him missing tackles.  Hey, here's a fun fact:  Sio Moore was traded by OAK for a 6th rounder, a move met with some anger by Raider fans.  Well, Sio was just cut.  And that 6th rounder the Colts sent to Oakland?  Cory James, tackle machine and 2016 Snap Counts Thread Hall of Famer  :thumbup: .  This has nothing to do with IDP or fantasy, but the Colts are a clown organization, and are going to waste Andrew Luck's career.  They elected to not re-sign Jerrell Freeman, went all the way through camp and decided Nate Irving was the answer.  Cut him in September, and cut their 3rd LB, Moore, 4 weeks in to the season.  These donkeys cannot scout their own team.  

Anyway, Sio Moore was mis-cast as a MLB in a 3-4, he was always a 4-3 Will.  The fact that the Raiders traded him for some magic beans should have been a red flag.  The Twitter rumblings out of OAK when he was traded was that he was a bit of a prima donna, and wasn't putting in the work.  He had some splash plays as a young LB there, I was shocked when he was traded.  I thought he was part of the future, instead he's going to hope to get picked up by someone.  Hmmm, Raiders need some LB..........nah.

So, who fills the gaping hole in this terrible defense?  Someone needs to.  My first answer is the safeties, Adams and Geathers.  The second answers are Antonio Morrison and Josh McNary.  Snap count %:  Moore 38%, McNary 35%, Morrison 33%.  I mentioned Morrison as a dynasty stash earlier, and it seems like he'll get some run sooner than expected.  Morrison was a guy that I looked at pre-draft more than you would expect a regular person to look at a late round prospect.  Hey, my team needed a MLB, I was looking at all of them.  I liked what I saw.  Good instincts, likes the violence.  Any guy that barks at a police dog is my idea of a LB.  One word of caution:  From an athletic standpoint, this guy is not Cory James.  Think he ran a  5.0 at his pro day.  That's a LB from a big time program, a Florida athlete, running a 5.0.  That's really bad.  A little searching on Twitter, word is he was really sick at his pro day.  Nonetheless, he is not a speedster, and it seems like the Colts used him on running downs, and McNary on passing downs.  Morrison will probably be a hot pick up this week, hopefully some of you stashed him already.  I wonder about his ceiling tho, he might not be a passing down guy.  McNary, IMO, is just a guy.  He was fighting for a roster spot,  he's 6', 250, so it's not like he's the perfect nickel backer either, and the if you Google him, the only thing you'll find out is that he was accused of rape last year.  

Clayton Geathers  played some nickel LB last year, and I am starting him/grabbing him anywhere I can, especially with the turnstile at MLB in front of him.  Full disclosure: My calls at S this year have been horrific--Calvin Pryor, Ibra Campbell, and on and on.  So grain of salt and all that.  

Anyone else worried about Myles Jack?  I don't own him, but I would have taken him over any other rookie this year.  I thought he'd be a 3 down tackle machine, with pick 6's, and pass defenses, and all kinds of goodness.  Instead, Poz is getting 100% of snaps, and Jack played 29% of snaps, while starting at Otto.  Supposedly they view him as a MLB, I guess in the Bobby Wagner role.  Personally, I think he'a Will, but that's where the Jags best player, Telvin Smith, plays.  Ah well.  For the record, there were deinitely some dissenting voices on Draft Twitter regarding Jack, Ian Wharton and a few others.  It's definitely too soon to panic, but never too soon to worry.  Hey, maybe  the real story is that Poz isn't done.  

CHI/DET:

Nick Kwiatkowski got the start, and played 70% of snaps, in place of Trevathan.  Why is that interesting?  Probably because it makes Adrian Amos and Harold Jones-Quartey both startable, :lmao: .  Trevathan has been out two week with a thumb, he must be back soon, right?  I mean, what, they don't have  thumb padding and loads of tape in Chicago?  This is the city of Butkus and Singletary, get a club on this guy, and get him out there.  

Common thinking has Amos as the SS, but Jones-Quartey has outperormed him two weeks running.  Jones-Quartey is on my list, next to Antonio Morrison, to make sure he's not a FA in any of my leagues.  

Leonard Floyd played 30% of snaps, had a calf injury whiler chasing Matthew Stafford (that's embarrassing).  

Jacoby Glenn was a hot CB pickup last week, and then was benched.  Salvaged his game with a late pick, but he is not rosterable.  You want a CB that gets picked on, but not one so bad that he gets benched.  Let someone else grab the guy that plays on prime time.  You want a guy like....oh, I don't know.......ROBERT ALFORD.  OK, I'm done.  

Kyle Van Noy had 7 tackles, and played 71% of snaps.  Whatever.  This is not the droid you are looking for.  

Rafael Bush and Glover Quin both had good games.  Quin is obviously rostered in any deep league, but Bush is worth a look.  

ARI/LAR:

Your 3-1 Rams, and your 1-3 Cardinals.   :loco:

Hey, so Tyvon Branch suffered a serious groin injury, he and RB Chris Johnson are both having matching hernia surgery (2 for 1 coupon?) and going on IR, and the Cards will probably get to have one  back in 8 weeks.  My guess is they would rather have Branch back, he has looked great this year.  This only bumps up the IDP value of Tony Jefferson, I am unsure what happens with Honey Badger.  This might mean more chances for Deone actually, who has not had a good year, like the rest of the Cards team.  

Kevin Minter holding steady at 97% of snaps, and gets his 4 tackles.  Moving along.......

No changes on Rams side.  Robert Quinn played 51%, but had an injury. Quinn has looked good this year, by the way.  

HOU/TEN:

The Houston defense without JJ Watt.  How would it look?  I have no idea.  Who the hell would watch this game if they weren't forced to? 

5 HOU LBs played more than 70% of snaps.  Even with the 3-4 OLB designation, that's a lot.  McKinney 100%, Mercilus 100%, Simon 88%, Cushing 73%, Clowney 71%.  My fist instnict is to say that with the TEN offense, more LBs are going to play.  Simon seems most likely to lose snaps to Cushing.  

I'm trying to find some value here besides McKinney, anyone have an idea, let me know.  

There are no other LBs in TEN aside from Avery Williamson.  But Daimion Stafford started for Searcy, and had 5 tackles.  He was mentioned in the waiver wire thread, I grabbed him and started him last week, a rare find at S for me.  Searcy not out or a long time tho, so he might not be a long term answer.  Searcy did have a high ankle sprain, so

BUF/NE:  

Dont'a Hightower back, and played 90% of snaps.  Has 4 tackles in two games.  

Ronald Darby played 100% of snaps after being questionable during the week.  

Zach Brown and Logan Ryan had just about every tackle in this game.  

SEA/NYJ:

All three of the Jets star D-linemen are playing a ton. 

Preyor had a nice game, and Harris was quiet.

Frank Clark up to 66% for SEA.

Darron Lee and Henderson shared at 57% and 43%.  Lee's rollercoaster continues.

KC/PIT:

Vince Williams stepped in for Shazier, and had a killer game.  PIT D was on the field for 75 snaps, and KC is the kind of team that funnels plays to the middle of the field, so not sure if we'll see an explosion like that again.  

Jordan Dangerfield stepped in for Robert Golden, had a few tackles, I dunno how he was rated.

OAK/BAL:

What  I can tell you about Cory is he was a sure tackler in this game, and Heeney is out for the year.  He's on IR, but they will bribg back Mario Edwards unless something crazy happens, so it looks like full steam ahead.  

Karl Joseph looks good so far, has a little Bob Sanders to his game.  Too early to see if the tackle numbers will be there, I expect the defense to improve, and opportunities to dry up a little bit.  Might be a homer perspective on my part. 

Amerson was ignored in the game, DJ Hayden might be a sneaky little pick at CB.  Plays nickel, but gets more action than Smith and Amerson.  He had a good game.

I paid attention to Zach Orr, he looks like a keeper, a good player.

Eric Weddle was banged up, I assume Kendrick Lewis takes over if he misses any time, but not sure.

SD/NO:

First game without Manti, and what happens?  Jatavius plays 93%, and Perryman plays 37%.  Time to panic, Denzel owners.  I'm going to do some research on this one, will add on later.  

Chargers had 3 safeties who played more than 50%, and I know it was the Saints, but it doesn't matter, Denzel is in the doghouse there.  Might be some value at this SD S position, and now Verrett is out for the season.  They get the Raiders this week, I expect their defense to see the field a ton, so there's gonna be some tackles here.

SF/DAL:

Michael Wilhoite.  You know, he had some good games here before, and it always seemed weird that Hodges would take over.  Bowman is hurt, and Wilhoite played 100% of snaps.  This is a nice FA to grab.  He and Antoine Bethea had 10 tackles, and that sounds about right to me.  

Cowboys had very few snaps against SF, which I think can happen when you combine a good rushing offense (DAL), with a hurry up bad offense (SF).  Enough for me to be nervous starting defenders vs. SF.  

Ty Crawford 81%, high percentage for a DT, Jack Crawford played 66%.  Isn't DeMarcus Lawrence back this week??

TB/DEN:

Vernon Hargreaves is my CB target in my league with Jason Verrett.  He's feisty, and I think there's at least a few picks in his future this year.  I've watched him a little, he looks like he is comfortable playing in the NFL, if that makes sense.  

TB is going in the wrong direction this year, Winston hasn't progressed much (I think he's the goods, still) and they might be involved in some shootouts this year.  TB safeties, especially Chris Conte, should be in play.  he has 6-7-6-4 tackles this year.  

Todd Davis at 55% of tackles.  Looks like they are replacing Trevathan with several players.  

Von Miller only played 65%, did he get banged up?

Shane Ray 100%.

CLE/WAS:

Jordan Poyer again out tackled Kindred, another S whiff of mine.  Jamar Taylor, on the other hand, is a good play, and had 5 tackles and a pick.  Think I mentioned him earlier.  

Will Blackmmon took over for Hall at FS, 100%.   Bruton was only 62%.  Injury?

Demario Davis and Kirksey are the CLE LBs, but it appears Demario was shut out?  

Trent Murphy has had some decent games, desperation play maybe?  92%.

Cravens only 38%.  I'm hoping his numbers go up, but he might not have a base defense role.  

MIN/NYG:

Nothing to report on MIN, their defense is so good, I don't see peripheral players getting any run here.

Casillas plays 81%, no other LB above 61% (Keenan Robinson).

Do you own Landon Collins?  Good for you, you smarter than me.  

That's it for now, sorry late this week.

David Bruton suffered a concussion, Skins used it as excuse to IR him.

Cravens also in concussion protocol.  

Skins signed Donte Whitner.

Thomas Davis, right on, got him on one of rosters, won't start him but can't bring myself to cut him.

Lolz on the Indy analysis, too funny man! troof

Thanks for these MassRaider.

Thomas Davis, right on, got him on one of rosters, won't start him but can't bring myself to cut him.

Lolz on the Indy analysis, too funny man! troof

Thanks for these MassRaider.
Thanks, man.  Starting to feel like a job, but I love the exercise of it.

I encourage anyone to open the snap counts on PFR, and keep Twitter open in another tab.  Look at the games, and searching for names on Twitter is really helpful.  I ain't doing anything special here.  

Doing a little Twitter sleuthing:

Denzel Perryman injured on Sunday, Josh Perry got run at ILB with Jatavius.  

Perryman practiced a limited amount today, he might get a lot of run this week.  Gotta think this OAK game is a good one to play Chargers, he might not be dead yet.  

Not only are the topic and updates fantastic, but there's humor injected AND a Kenobi quote? <3 <3 <3

Nice play on Alford. Definitely feels good to get a bonkers game from a wire add. [quick shout out to Stephon Gilmore's monster performance in week 3.... enjoy your trip back to the wire!]

He got the stats many expected from Wilhoite.
I actually picked up Bellore over Wilhoite, since he seemed to be the guy getting increased run when Bowman got injured a week ago.  Can't say I expected how well he did, but I was hopeful he'd be the bigger beneficiary.

Didn't have the balls to start him this week though. :(   Oh well.  At least he didn't start against me either.  Wonder if he'll continue to get work on teams going forward if they keep rolling him out on a high % of the defensive snaps, or if that was just a one week aberration sort of thing, while new bodies they picked up/promoted get acclimated?

Users who are viewing this thread