What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-2019 NBA DFS (1 Viewer)

I was looking at Okogie. They’re projecting 25.5 out of Tyus @ $3500. That just seems awfully optimistic unless there’s something I’m missing. 
Looks like he hasn’t sniffed the floor in the 1st half. Hope you stayed away!

From my brief look at live scoring, people are heavy with the 3 late games. 

Ended up with this while in the rain trick or treating:

Rose, Okobo

DeRozan, Okogie

Durant, Moore

Griffin, Anderson

Towns

Looks like he hasn’t sniffed the floor in the 1st half. Hope you stayed away!

From my brief look at live scoring, people are heavy with the 3 late games. 

Ended up with this while in the rain trick or treating:

Rose, Okobo

DeRozan, Okogie

Durant, Moore

Griffin, Anderson

Towns
Ran him out in 2 $1 gpp lineups, 1 of which was just my straight chalk RG lineup. Last year adead spot was fatal. This year it isn’t necessarily. 

Very true, it just wipes him out, but less room for error now. I did that with Nwaba and had a good night recently. 

I would really like to know RG’s basis for the crazy projection on Tyus. It’s one thing to subjectively say a guy has a big upside potential, but projections are supposed to be rooted in math and data. 

Cash cutlines were lower than the GPP cutlines yesterday. Hit my doubles and 50/50’s but whiffed everywhere else. I’m on a streak of slightly crummy to meh tostes right now. I’m neither winning nor losing much each night but slightly down over the last week. 

Tennessee_ATO said:
I would really like to know RG’s basis for the crazy projection on Tyus. It’s one thing to subjectively say a guy has a big upside potential, but projections are supposed to be rooted in math and data. 

Cash cutlines were lower than the GPP cutlines yesterday. Hit my doubles and 50/50’s but whiffed everywhere else. I’m on a streak of slightly crummy to meh tostes right now. I’m neither winning nor losing much each night but slightly down over the last week. 
You should call them out on it and see what they say.

My lineup above went for 341....wasn't in play enough but it's a win.

Interesting lineup working. Sitting at 277.5 w/ a quarter plus of Kyrie left. It only has Moore going in the late game, which isn’t ideal. BUT he starts counting at 10.7 (starts replacing Saric at that point). If it’s a low-scoring affair tonight that lineup could do some damage. 

Good luck, ATO. I had very little time today and was busy during the lock hour. Trying to force myself not to play in those situations. 

Good luck, ATO. I had very little time today and was busy during the lock hour. Trying to force myself not to play in those situations. 
Thanks. Good strategy. I almost always run a few bucks out just to see what the percentages are. This late game is definitely not low-scoring.

Finally a little success on DK with this lineup last night

Fox,shumpert,hield,aminu,Hayward,Embiid,wcs,Covington

Scored 341.25 and cashed for $4 124/4756.

Hey guys. I got off to a terrible start with dfs but a redhot start at 5dimes... playing overs mostly. I am not currently playing nba dfs. I am rarely at fbg lately. Just logged in and saw my notifications. Maybe I will fire it up when i get a better feel for it.

Hey guys. I got off to a terrible start with dfs but a redhot start at 5dimes... playing overs mostly. I am not currently playing nba dfs. I am rarely at fbg lately. Just logged in and saw my notifications. Maybe I will fire it up when i get a better feel for it.
Yeah, been an uneven start thus far. I welcome your insight whenever you have time to offer it. 

Tyus in play tonight?

thinking this but not sure. Doesn’t feel like a good lineup but I normally don’t consider Rubio and Gordon much.

Tyus, Rubio

Double Holiday

George, Mirotic

Sikaham, Gordon

Adebayo

Wonder if I should just take Kyrie and a scrub PG?

Or Kyrie, Arcidiacono, Fournier and Grant over Rubio, Tyus, Justin Holiday and Siakam. 

Probably just run both and see what happens. Good NFL week again so it just makes me want to dabble.

Tyus in play tonight?

thinking this but not sure. Doesn’t feel like a good lineup but I normally don’t consider Rubio and Gordon much.

Tyus, Rubio

Double Holiday

George, Mirotic

Sikaham, Gordon

Adebayo

Wonder if I should just take Kyrie and a scrub PG?
Gordon always seems to lay an egg when I roster him, but is a stud when I don’t. He’s almost dead to me in daily. Tyus is a no-go for me until he has reliable minutes. 

Or Kyrie, Arcidiacono, Fournier and Grant over Rubio, Tyus, Justin Holiday and Siakam. 

Probably just run both and see what happens. Good NFL week again so it just makes me want to dabble.
Top 10 in Dribbler, but once this OKC game ends I only have Kyrie going.

Gordon always seems to lay an egg when I roster him, but is a stud when I don’t. He’s almost dead to me in daily. Tyus is a no-go for me until he has reliable minutes. 
Agree on Gordon. Hate playing him (and Rubio), but the Cavs play atrocious defense so I needed some Magic shares.

Agree on Gordon. Hate playing him (and Rubio), but the Cavs play atrocious defense so I needed some Magic shares.
I went w/ Fournier. Rolled Thompson out @ C too, which worked out nicely. Managed to avoid early game land mines other than a single Westy share (I hope he’s ok, the world is a better place when he’s shredding defenses). I’ve got a lot in these 2 late games tho. 

Lol. I rostered Curry finally and he has his first non-awesome shooting night. Hurt me. Hit cash contests but missed the cash line all of my  GPPs w/ that lineup (my primary) by 0.7 to 1.2 points. 

Not liking tonight. Where is the value? 

Hung around in the Dribbler top 10 for a while last night but faded Once Kyrie was done, finished 32nd. Was 2/2 on tickets and both lineups cashed the quarter. 

Not liking tonight. Where is the value? 

Hung around in the Dribbler top 10 for a while last night but faded Once Kyrie was done, finished 32nd. Was 2/2 on tickets and both lineups cashed the quarter. 
I think there’s some value potential in the Brooklyn-Phoenix game if you can ID the right guys. I’m going w/ Rondae and Ariza. I have no guys below $5300 on my lineup. I do have the RG lineup running for a few bucks. They like Canaan, who could be nice value if he hits some shots. He’s so scoring-dependent tho. 

I came out with 3 hawks and 3 hornets, and half aren’t starting lol.

I thru in Canaan and reworked a little, just to play the quarter. No overlay tonight. 

Greek and scrubs lineup.

Doing a $5 3man on Draft- got the 1st pick

Harris

Russell

Greek

Middleton

Nurkic

Eta- late slate

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing a $5 3man on Draft- got the 1st pick

Harris

Russell

Greek

Middleton

Nurkic

Eta- late slate
Greek having an off night(for him) and Harris sunk me. Also McCallum being the slatebreaker almost out scoring the next highest scorerers combined. My other picks kept me close as I lost by 11+.

Who gets the extra run w/ Draymond out?
My initial thought was just get Klay in there for sure. 

Now I'm contemplating a Jerebko/Looney combo at PF for 7900.  Could consider Bell and one of those two as well.  One gets dropped, that's fine.

Then might as well run 2 lineups, one with Curry and one with Durant.  Or forget Klay and use Curry, Durant, and 2 GS cheapos.

Bucks play good D, but can they slow down GS?

I'm def leaning towards having 4 Warriors tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
My initial thought was just get Klay in there for sure. 

Now I'm contemplating a Jerebko/Looney combo at PF for 7900.  Could consider Bell and one of those two as well.  One gets dropped, that's fine.

Then might as well run 2 lineups, one with Curry and one with Durant.  Or forget Klay and use Curry, Durant, and 2 GS cheapos.

Bucks play good D, but can they slow down GS?

I'm def leaning towards having 4 Warriors tonight.
The implied score is 118-123!by far highest tonight. 

I’m running a Klay/Steph/Jerebko/Bell and a Durant/Bell. I think Iggy might work too but can’t work one w/ him that isn’t completely duplicative. 

Looking for any last minute insight tonight. A win gets my “streak” to 5. Tinkering w/ 3 lineups but tonight’s contest for the “streak” is single entry. Currently looking at:

Conley/Fox — Philly and LAL have been horrible at defense. 

Mathews/Hield — I like Mathews a fair amount. Hield gives me heartburn tho. But LAL have been bad at defense. 

Barnes/Richardson — This is 1 too many Mavs probably, but I like Barnes’s price point. Josh is kind of a stretch maybe but he’s a former Vol. 

Nance/Aldridge — These were my 2 early morning PF choices and they hold up under scrutiny. RG likes them too, so there’s that. 

Howard — Here’s the real problem w/ this lineup. He gives me great pause. Can go w/ JaVale but meh. Another $100 and I could get WCS, who is really the guy I want in this general price range. 

Need top half to “keep streaking”, top 22% to win any money. Any insight appreciated. 

Clutch Shot ticket contests are now 25 cents. That will end it for me from the NBA front at least. 100 tickets up for grabs and they can fill up to 2134 entries. Much different then 100 tickets with 522 entries for $1. 

Another losing night on DK. Had too much GS and other duds(Durant,green, Klay,Bembry). Did hit on Milsap and Harris but finished closer to the bottom than the cashline.

I did advance in a $5 4man Draft tourney but need to finish top 2 in this round to profit. Pick 4th this round so thinking of starting with Embiid and then Simmons or Wall.

I've been doing terrible so far in NBA but like the following-

Harris or Craig on Denver

Sabonis and/or A Holiday if Olidipo is out again

Drummond

Conley 

And if you need a punt Huerter for Atl starting at guard for min price-at least on DK

For cash will pay up for LeBron but would fade in gpp.

Last night on DK cashline we're about 25 points higher than usual and I got smoked.

Playing stars and scrubs tonight- Durant, Leonard,Sabonis and a bunch of 4k or less guys. With just Leonard and Durant going I'm cashing so really need my scrubs to come through.

Users who are viewing this thread