What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Fantasy Playoff Trade Targets (1 Viewer)

Fournette should be good and rested by the playoffs as well and most owners will happily sell I imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
um yea no way...

Personally, I drafted Fournette and been holding onto him all season, no way I'm selling now when he's coming back after the bye.
If I'm staring down a rebuild I'm selling him to the highest bidder just as soon as he comes back and has a good game.

If you can get Hyde for dirt cheap--I recommend it.  We know that Fournette can't seem to stay healthy.  We also know that Jacksonville doesn't full believe in any of their qb's--so they are going to try to run the ball a ton.  Hyde had a terrible first game with the Jags--but what can anybody expect with the guy getting there a few days before the game and getting 6 carries.  My guess is that most Hyde owners in redraft are completely dejected and it probably won't take much to pry him away.   I think the risk/reward makes sense if you can get him super cheap.  

If I'm staring down a rebuild I'm selling him to the highest bidder just as soon as he comes back and has a good game.
How late is your trade deadline?  First game back MIGHT be week 10.  That is the trade deadline in most of my leagues.  So I wouldn’t be able wait for s good game to sell him.  

For this kind of thing it's best to examine the Top 5 Strength of Schedule numbers by Team (Weeks 14-16) - https://fftoolbox.scoutfantasysports.com/football/strength_of_schedule.cfm?type=f&sortby=TEAM

QB

1) PIT

2) NO

3) CAR

4) BAL

5) OAK

RB

1) ARZ

2) BAL

3) DEN

4) CAR

5) MIN

WR

1) CAR (by far)

2) DAL

3) GB

4) NO

5) PIT

TE

1) NO

2) CLE

3) OAK

4) LAC

5) BAL

You should try to keep tabs on some of the guys here. Like If my QB is iffy a guy like Flacco could be a QB stream. At RB you may want to try and nab a Phillip Lindsay or Latavius Murray/Dalvin Cook combo. At WR guys like Funchess, D.J. Moore, Marques Valdes-Scantling, and Tre'Quan Smith could put up big numbers. At TE guys like David Njoku and Jared Cook could be stalwarts.

just picked up Denver D with the following playoff schedule:

14 @ San Francisco

15 vs Cleveland

16  @ Oakland
Yeah I saw that! also talking to the Cincy owner as a backup. They have Chargers Raiders Browns.

jvdesigns2002 said:
If you can get Hyde for dirt cheap--I recommend it.  We know that Fournette can't seem to stay healthy.  We also know that Jacksonville doesn't full believe in any of their qb's--so they are going to try to run the ball a ton.  Hyde had a terrible first game with the Jags--but what can anybody expect with the guy getting there a few days before the game and getting 6 carries.  My guess is that most Hyde owners in redraft are completely dejected and it probably won't take much to pry him away.   I think the risk/reward makes sense if you can get him super cheap.  
Appears to be a 2 down back in 2018, both in CLE and alongside Yeldon. You're banking on Fournette never getting healthy (which might be true.) 

3 neutral and 3 tough matchups after the bye; almost hard to say two months out but should have a juicy championship week opponent (@MIA.)

Should be cheap so there's that.

Although he is rostered pretty much everywhere, owners can't be overly enthused about  RUSSELL WILSON as he certainly hasn't been stellar so far.

But I have had him on my bench in 2/3 leagues, for this next reason alone.

WEEK 15 @ SF

WEEK 16 VS. KC

I might not make the playoffs in my leagues, but if Wilson is even close to "late season form" and I am in the playoffs, I will trot him out there in those weeks and not even blink.

You might well have a ton of owners saying "Wilson won my championship for me" when all is said and done.

If you can get him cheap from a nervous owner needing help elsewhere, I feel like its a great acquisition for weeks 15-16.

Championship week 16 alone, vs. KC is about as juicy as it gets.

Another one that just got a whole lot more interesting, is JAMAAL WILLIAMS now that Ty Montgomery is gone from GB. GB plays ATL in week 14 and the Jets in week 16. If Aaron Jones goes down, he would be a great pick up.  Williams is only 22% owned in yahoo leagues, so theres a good chance he was dropped  recently and is available in your league.

TZM

Although he is rostered pretty much everywhere, owners can't be overly enthused about  RUSSELL WILSON as he certainly hasn't been stellar so far.

But I have had him on my bench in 2/3 leagues, for this next reason alone.

WEEK 15 @ SF

WEEK 16 VS. KC

I might not make the playoffs in my leagues, but if Wilson is even close to "late season form" and I am in the playoffs, I will trot him out there in those weeks and not even blink.

You might well have a ton of owners saying "Wilson won my championship for me" when all is said and done.

If you can get him cheap from a nervous owner needing help elsewhere, I feel like its a great acquisition for weeks 15-16.

Championship week 16 alone, vs. KC is about as juicy as it gets.

Another one that just got a whole lot more interesting, is JAMAAL WILLIAMS now that Ty Montgomery is gone from GB. GB plays ATL in week 14 and the Jets in week 16. If Aaron Jones goes down, he would be a great pick up.  Williams is only 22% owned in yahoo leagues, so theres a good chance he was dropped  recently and is available in your league.

TZM
I just traded Watson for Wilson straight up.

Im in a bye week pinch with no backups and the waiver QBs are less than desirable. This week is a must win for me for playoff hopes so had to make a move.

Hopefully I can get a few wins under this underperforming fantasy team’s belt and you are right about Wilson’s playoff hopes.

Ill likely have to start him every week from here on out. Starting with this Rams game.

I'm looking at a rebuild of my team too. I have some nice pieces help it already and a great RB as I got Wentz  Melvin Gordon. I also got Sony Michel and Tevin Coleman as well as Ju Ju. This is only keep 4 league thoughts. I have options to trade in Jeffrey/Gronk/Rodgers (who I used only with Wentz hurt and his bye week) as well as Doug Martin for any team looking for some depth at RB. I just need to suck enough which I already am doing to stay in the losers playoff bracket then win out for the first pick. The 2 teams below me are ghost teams owners were kicked out for being petty and one was a complete ##### to the commissioner. Other dropped all his guys. We'll be going from 12-10 teams next year as well and one of the Ghost teams has Chubb and the other OBJ as well as a few others who could be solid pick ups in next years draft with the mix of Rooks coming in

DJackson10 said:
I'm looking at a rebuild of my team too. I have some nice pieces help it already and a great RB as I got Wentz  Melvin Gordon. I also got Sony Michel and Tevin Coleman as well as Ju Ju. This is only keep 4 league thoughts. I have options to trade in Jeffrey/Gronk/Rodgers (who I used only with Wentz hurt and his bye week) as well as Doug Martin for any team looking for some depth at RB. I just need to suck enough which I already am doing to stay in the losers playoff bracket then win out for the first pick. The 2 teams below me are ghost teams owners were kicked out for being petty and one was a complete ##### to the commissioner. Other dropped all his guys. We'll be going from 12-10 teams next year as well and one of the Ghost teams has Chubb and the other OBJ as well as a few others who could be solid pick ups in next years draft with the mix of Rooks coming in
Sounds like my local league....  12 team ppr 3 Keeper ...  6 make playoffs & 6 make Toilet Bowl!  Winner of TB gets 1st pick next year...

As for Trade Targets: 

The obvious names are hard to acquire like Kamara, CMC, etc. but I like the potential Olsen & DJ Moore for CAR (face @TBB, @Clev, NOS & ATL Week 13-16)

Then LAC has a nice schedule too....  Gordon would be too expensive, but Rivers & K Allen might be movable if you are willing to pay.

Sounds like my local league....  12 team ppr 3 Keeper ...  6 make playoffs & 6 make Toilet Bowl!  Winner of TB gets 1st pick next year...

As for Trade Targets: 

The obvious names are hard to acquire like Kamara, CMC, etc. but I like the potential Olsen & DJ Moore for CAR (face @TBB, @Clev, NOS & ATL Week 13-16)

Then LAC has a nice schedule too....  Gordon would be too expensive, but Rivers & K Allen might be movable if you are willing to pay.
Yeah I like it because it makes sure no one intentionally losses for the #1 pick and makes you earn it. I'm not one to tank but my season is lost either way. The big thing about having the worst record for the TB Bracket is you get handicapped extra points per week. The more you suck the more points you can accumulate.  

So angry I chose Brady over Rivers. Usually Rivers falters the later we go but seems to be the opposite this year.

I just traded Watson for Wilson straight up.

Im in a bye week pinch with no backups and the waiver QBs are less than desirable. This week is a must win for me for playoff hopes so had to make a move.

Hopefully I can get a few wins under this underperforming fantasy team’s belt and you are right about Wilson’s playoff hopes.

Ill likely have to start him every week from here on out. Starting with this Rams game.
My team is still fighting for a playoff spot. But at least this paid off the first week of the trade @TZMarkie and against a stout Rams defense.

If my trade wouldn’t have gone through I was likely looking at someone pretty heavily like Dalton. Phew. Bullet dodged.

So for now, I’m enjoying the Wilson show. His rushing figures were awesome to see on the upswing yesterday and if he can keep scrambling from the pocket like that, he’s got continual upside the next few weeks.

I own Wilson in 2/3 leagues, and I started Fitzpatrick in all 3 this week. But I benched Wilson all season thus far to see if he is more dependable late season as he has been traditionally.

Its trending more and more in that direction, but I targeted him specifically for weeks 15-16, as I mentioned above.

His schedule is decent rest-of-season, but those 15-16 weeks should be money. Obviously you have to actually MAKE the playoffs to get there. I *should* make the playoffs in 2/3 of my leagues, and if I do, I am looking forward to starting Wilson at that time.

All this hope aside, I don't exactly have the best history with Wilson.  Every time I have depended on him early season, he has been terrible. Then I trade him away or outright cut him, and he blows up.   Maybe this year will be different.  If he somehow manages to let me down again this year, I'm done with him for the rest of eternity.   

TZM

For this kind of thing it's best to examine the Top 5 Strength of Schedule numbers by Team (Weeks 14-16) - https://fftoolbox.scoutfantasysports.com/football/strength_of_schedule.cfm?type=f&sortby=TEAM

QB

1) PIT

2) NO

3) CAR

4) BAL

5) OAK

RB

1) ARZ

2) BAL

3) DEN

4) CAR

5) MIN

WR

1) CAR (by far)

2) DAL

3) GB

4) NO

5) PIT

TE

1) NO

2) CLE

3) OAK

4) LAC

5) BAL

You should try to keep tabs on some of the guys here. Like If my QB is iffy a guy like Flacco could be a QB stream. At RB you may want to try and nab a Phillip Lindsay or Latavius Murray/Dalvin Cook combo. At WR guys like Funchess, D.J. Moore, Marques Valdes-Scantling, and Tre'Quan Smith could put up big numbers. At TE guys like David Njoku and Jared Cook could be stalwarts.
Great post, I'd like to highlight greg olsen over the TEs, Carolina shoot out potential is unreal and olsen has a valuable redzone role in that. I think he's definitely the best combo of attainability and upside as of right now, who could end up getting teams over that hump in the playoffs. I don't see Njoku as a reliable guy and Cook+raiders are so ridiculously volatile. (Cook could be super destructive in a playoff run if carr relies on him though, mad potential... super annoying imo given how lame Jared cook is)

Scooping as much of the saints as I can though, Matchups are seeming to be everything this year... also Carolina (really just Newton, Mcaffrey and, per above, olsen imo) in a PPR could be league winners. 

I need a te and #2 wr in ppr.  For te i was looking at hooper.  Thoughts?

Any ideas on a wr?  Im prepared to offer either lindsey or a jones.  Green/hilton/d Jackson are my wrs (start 2 or 3 with rb/wr flex).  My rbs are barkley, conner, ingram, lindsey, a jones (start 2 or 3 with flex).

Users who are viewing this thread