What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 rookie rankings Pre combine pick 1.04 (Closed) (1 Viewer)

TE premium scoring leagues

• Kelvin Harmon WR North Carolina State

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Deebo Samuel WR South Carolina

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • A.J. Brown WR Mississippi

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • David Montgomery RB Iowa State

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Drew Lock QB Missouri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

• Darrell Henderson RB Memphis

• Hakeem Butler WR Iowa State

• Rodney Anderson RB Oklahoma

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Arcega-Whiteside WR Stanford

• Noah Fant TE Iowa

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • T.J. Hockenson TE Iowa

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Irv Smith TE Alabama

• Dont play in this format

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other (please post who you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll)

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
The purpose of these polls is to get an idea of who the majority of voters prefer at a specific pick in a rookie draft. These drafts assume that all 2018 rookie players are available. For the 2QB poll there may be some variance in scoring. Some may be standard, others PPR. I think a lot of 2QB leagues may involve IDP as well so these differences are not accounted for here. Only looking at the offensive skill players in the two most common formats and also 2QB leagues, to get a sense of where the QB are valued relative to other positions, when there is actually scarcity at the QB position. For the TE premium poll this assumes the scoring format is PPR because that is what these leagues almost always are. The polls assume 12 teams and likely 24-26 roster spots as the most common format for dynasty. Short bench dynasty leagues should only care about the top 6-12 rookie players.

If a player isn't listed that you would vote for please vote other and then post the name of the player that you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll. Also please suggest players not listed that you would vote for soon, even if not on the particular poll that is active.

I populated the lists based on Paul Emerys top 100 rookie list. If anyone has a better suggestion, such as a compilation of multiple lists or something like that, much appreciated. @miqws list last year was very good for this. I just wanted to get these things rolling before the combine and hopefully get a top 12 or so before that time.

Thanks everyone for voting. Discussion welcome.

Results so far

Stamdard 

1,01  N’Keal Harry WR Arizona State with 38% of the vote

1.02 Josh Jacobs RB Alabama with 43% of the vote.

1.03 D.K. Metcalf WR Mississippi with 29% of the vote

PPR

1,01  N’Keal Harry WR Arizona State with 43% of the vote

1.02 Josh Jacobs RB Alabama with 32% of the vote.

1.03 D.K. Metcalf WR Mississippi with 37% of the vote

2 QB leagues

1.01 Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State with 27% of the vote

1.02 N’Keal Harry WR Arizona State with 35% of the vote

1.03 Josh Jacobs RB Alabama with 13% of the vote.

TE Premium

1,01  N’Keal Harry WR Arizona State with 30% of the vote

1.02 Josh Jacobs RB Alabama with 26% of the vote.

1.03 D.K. Metcalf WR Mississippi with 20% of the vote

Links to previous polls

The next poll can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
30 votes in now.

Lots of support for AJ brown at this point. I am a bit surprised that Metcalf won so easily in the previous poll with Brown and others still on the board.

I suppose Metcalf is being mocked higher than the others pretty consistently. I have only watched a bit of Metcalf and these players so far, but I would definitely take Brown over him, despite what the mocks may be saying recently. Metcalf is on the bust risk list. 

30 votes in now.

Lots of support for AJ brown at this point. I am a bit surprised that Metcalf won so easily in the previous poll with Brown and others still on the board.

I suppose Metcalf is being mocked higher than the others pretty consistently. I have only watched a bit of Metcalf and these players so far, but I would definitely take Brown over him, despite what the mocks may be saying recently. Metcalf is on the bust risk list. 
I may be in agreement here. Last year summer brown was, at least from what I recall, the favorite to be 1.1. he has really fallen out of favor recently, to no fault of his own. Rookie hype at its finest. 

I may be in agreement here. Last year summer brown was, at least from what I recall, the favorite to be 1.1. he has really fallen out of favor recently, to no fault of his own. Rookie hype at its finest. 
They were tied before Metcalf won the vote. So it was close.

I've looked at some mocks that also have him higher than Brown.

its always fun to see how this poll compares to the post draft poll. 

I think itll end up being turned upside down with guys like Jacobs, Montgomery, and Henderson going in the top 4 or 5 if they are drafted where I think they may. NFL.com had a mock where Holyfield went to GB round 1. He would be in the conversation for 1.1 or 1.2 potentially. But I dont see him going until late round 1 here. 

I love that the community wants Brown here, because I want Harmon at 5.  
You should have no problem getting Harmon 5. might even want to trade down

I think itll end up being turned upside down with guys like Jacobs, Montgomery, and Henderson going in the top 4 or 5 if they are drafted where I think they may. NFL.com had a mock where Holyfield went to GB round 1. He would be in the conversation for 1.1 or 1.2 potentially. But I dont see him going until late round 1 here. 

I think the same.  RBs tend to rise throughout the process and if they do land in good spots that’s only going to enhance that.  My problem at least is that I love so many of these WRs it’ll be hard for me to personally rank more RBs ahead of them.  But I know I probably should.  

Dr. Dan said:

I agree, NFL draft capital and also landing spots will weigh heavily on our consensus ranks. 

I think Harmon and Brown would be excellent gets at the 5/6 area if the landing spots are decent.  I don't think either one of them is likely to bust.  Metcalf seems pretty risky but tons of upside. 

It could be like 2014 where RBs get overvalued big time and there are insane WR values. 

I selected Marquise Brown for Non-PPR. The main reason is that I think he has the best chance of going to a team with a great QB. A lot of mocks I'm seeing send the top WRs to Titans, Ravens, Bills, Dolphins, Cardinals, etc. All teams that I think will severely hamper their chances at Fantasy success. 

I agree, NFL draft capital and also landing spots will weigh heavily on our consensus ranks. 

I think Harmon and Brown would be excellent gets at the 5/6 area if the landing spots are decent.  I don't think either one of them is likely to bust.  Metcalf seems pretty risky but tons of upside. 

It could be like 2014 where RBs get overvalued big time and there are insane WR values. 
as the owner of 1.1 1.2 1.3 and 1.7 I am torn. I love the idea of the top rb and top 2 wrs. I agree Metcalf has his risk. do I play it safe and go 2 RBS and a wr, pick up a wr at 7 who has just as much upside as the wr at 1.3, but maybe some less risk? RBs that late may not be viable if they get over valued after the draft. 

at first I figured go rb and 2 wrs with the top 3 and hope for either holyfield or Henderson at 7. I feel they will go higher than that at this point. 

I selected Marquise Brown for Non-PPR. The main reason is that I think he has the best chance of going to a team with a great QB. A lot of mocks I'm seeing send the top WRs to Titans, Ravens, Bills, Dolphins, Cardinals, etc. All teams that I think will severely hamper their chances at Fantasy success. 
Got it. Marquise Brown will be added to the next poll.

Users who are viewing this thread