What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Democratic Primary Straw Poll - March 2019 (1 Viewer)

Part II

• Michael Bennet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bill de Blasio

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • John Delaney

• Andrew Gillum

• Jay Inslee

• Eric Swalwell

• My choice is in the first list

Votes: 50 79.4%
  • Other (not in either first or second list)

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I would not vote in the Democratic primary

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Andrew Yang

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don Quixote

Footballguy
Interested in getting the pulse of the politics forum now that the field seems close to set.  I did not see something like this in here. Sorry if I'm mistaken on that.  I may get this going every few months to see how things have changed.  Set the poll to close on 3/31.

I included an option to check if you would not vote in the Democratic primary if it were held today (if you want to vote for Trump / Hogan / Kasich / Schultz, set up your own thread, as the question relates to the Democratic primaries).

If you live in a caucus or closed primary state, pretend you live in an open primary state.

(Did I forget anyone who would get more than marginal support?  Man, this is a crowded field.)

ETA: I left off "undecided" because you are voting today.  Decide!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still Klobuchar for me.  The Midwest vote is critical.  

I think Buttigieg needs more seasoning on the national stage, but a Klobuchar/Buttigieg ticket would be interesting. Would it reel in Michigan and Wisconsin?

Bump for the Monday crowd.

Klobuchar's support jumps out at me relative to the official polls.  I see her mostly around the 5% range in those, but 20% here.

As an independent you guys need to choose wisely to get our vote. You chose really poorly last go 'round.

I picked Yang because he wants to give working people $1k a month. The lazy and the scammers should not get free $ while we work for it.

Don Quixote said:
Bump for the Monday crowd.

Klobuchar's support jumps out at me relative to the official polls.  I see her mostly around the 5% range in those, but 20% here.
A couple of thoughts - more politically engaged voters in here, relative to the public at large.  And, more older white males in here, relative to the public at large.

I do think she suffers from low name-recognition right now.  But, the reality is the race for money will ramp up very quickly - and there is only so much money to go around.  I think everyone is "safe" until the summer hits.  The June and July debates will be when we see the field winnowed a bit - I think.

A couple of thoughts - more politically engaged voters in here, relative to the public at large.  And, more older white males in here, relative to the public at large.

I do think she suffers from low name-recognition right now.  But, the reality is the race for money will ramp up very quickly - and there is only so much money to go around.  I think everyone is "safe" until the summer hits.  The June and July debates will be when we see the field winnowed a bit - I think.
Yeah, some of the first 2016 candidates dropped shortly after the summer 2015 -- e.g., Rick Perry, Scott Walker, and Lincoln Chafee.  I'm sure some will be hoping the debates lead to them getting a surge of cash, and, if not, will start to run low on money and need to bail.

After his town hall, the BootyJudge has my vote to lose. Kind of a cross between Mike Dukakis & Jed Bartlett. He has to pass the gauntlet well but i was pretty sure i wasn't voting, now i am.

Users who are viewing this thread