What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (6 Viewers)

the Browns jump up to use the No. 52 pick on Notre Dame LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

ghostfella wins

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year our O-Line went from poor to rank as the NFL's best.

This year our secondary was terrible and by the end of the year it has potential to improve as one of the best.

Remember the name Andrew Sendejo.  Not to harsh on the guy but his lack of speed killed us.  Karl Joseph couldn't cover.  

The guys we signed are proven, the draftees have to prove themselves but wow.

Last year our O-Line went from poor to rank as the NFL's best.

This year our secondary was terrible and by the end of the year it has potential to improve as one of the best.

Remember the name Andrew Sendejo.  Not to harsh on the guy but his lack of speed killed us.  Karl Joseph couldn't cover.  

The guys we signed are proven, the draftees have to prove themselves but wow.
top 10 defense and top 10 offense, gonna be a fun season.  

Nate Ulrich

@ByNateUlrich

#Browns Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta said Owusu-Koramoah fits our scheme to a T, can play run and pass, stay on field all three downs

----------------------------------------------------

Tony Dungy

@TonyDungy

My son Justin is a huge Browns fan and he’s pumped right now because they just drafted a phenomenal defensive player. When I watched Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah play for Notre Dame last year he reminded me of a young Derrick Brooks. I think he’ll be a great open field defender.

@nfldraftscout (Matt Miller)

Why is Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah still on the board? I reached out to a few scouts. Here are their replies: "Scheme fit is really hard" "No LB coaches at his pro day" "He's 214 pounds" "Mental lapses, not fast" "Tape is fun, doesn't translate"
They probably don’t play Lamar 2-3 times a year.

“Not” fast? Hmm...

Seth Walder
@SethWalder
Now that is a trade up you can absolutely justify -- and then some.

Browns paid just a 5% premium for pick No. 52 in trade with the Panthers (Carolina gained equivalent of an extra 7th-rounder) for a player that was widely expected to be a first-rounder.

---------------------------------------

Mary Kay Cabot

@MaryKayCabot

#Browns Paul DePodesta acknowledges that Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah was 'definitely under consideration' with the No. 26 overall pick. They're ecstatic he was there at 52. Kevin Stefanski & defensive coaches already on the white board drawing up all he can do

Really happy so far with the draft now that we got both those guys ironically pretty much they were reversed in rankings by most with JOK a mid 1st and Newsome an early 2nd grade.

Got our deep threat.

Make that got the new fastest player in the NFL.

--------------------------
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
At No 91, the #Browns select #Auburn WR Anthony Schwartz who can absolutely fly.  Maybe the new fastest player in the NFL.

--------------------------

Just saw his forty time.

4.25  blazing 🔥 speed.

>>>> VID LINK  <<<<<

Since we added LB/S/Rover JOK he needs to be covered and the only 'hole' we have carried over and not addressed is a true NT, someone who eats up blockers/space to cover 'rangey' LBers.

The defensive coaches went right to work to scheme plays for JOK even before the pick was announced so he will see the field as a rookie and they have/are drawing up plans to use him.  

Makes sense to me that we address NT/DT since we have a 'hole' (especially if Sheldon Richardson doesn't return) and haven't addressed it 'yet' in the draft.  

I've got no names but think at some point we take a flyer on an interior DL and may lean more towards a true NT but definitely a DT before the end of today.

Since they don't play a lot of Super Bowls in Cleveland and some other cities with similar make up that never get to host, let these cities continue to host Drafts. 

I would like to see Cleveland get the Draft again in the next 4-5 years, an opportunity to visit after this pandemic and get the NFL vibe in the middle of the country which feels different than football down here in the South. 

Nashville was terrific, add Cleveland and they had to juggle the pandemic but they have looked terrific. 

Berry is not ####### around.  

OL and DT?  yes, please.  

so refreshing not seeing us draft 2 linebackers and 3 wide receivers.  

Browns gave to Detroit the 113th pick (4th round) this year in addition to the 257th pick (7th round) this year.

Get the 153rd pick (5th round) 2021 this year

Detroit's 4th round pick 2022 next year

So for those wanting us to trade away surplus picks = Win!
Would have rather traded 113 for Det 3rd in 2022 straight up

Users who are viewing this thread