What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (6 Viewers)

Aside from wanting to see a little more dedication to the run game, I was floored w how well s1 went under stefanski and co. 

Jimmy Donovan with former Browns FO and current NFL draft talking head Daniel Jeremiah.

LINK

Great listen.  Jimmy and Daniel know and knew each other since Daniel was with the Browns.  Jimmy gives him #### for the terrible draft Jeremiah 'helped' with, lol.  Remember LB Beau Bell?  After ribbing each other they go cover the overall draft leading up to talking Browns pick.

Go to the 6:00 minute mark to hear what DJ says, pretty interesting.  He talks 'moving out/down' Jimmy counters by discussing CB and DJ didn't realize how big a need CB was which I found very interesting.  

Gives an insight as to why national pundits who don't know the team focus on LB so highly as a need for the Browns without really understanding but at the same time DJ does make a valid point for moving down which many following the club seem to overlook. 

Also a name to file away, the CB from Georgia who is reported to be rising.  

Lots of good info in this clip.

Looks like I'm headed down there tonight after all.  My son got invited last night and his friends' dad has an extra pass.  Hopefully we get a break with the weather!  

So many options for the Browns tonight, it's wonderful.  I'd be all aboard with a WR in the 1st or 2nd, and obviously defense for sure, but hoping we can find super value in a trade (up OR down) and still land our targets.  Can't wait to see what AB has in store for us.  

Looks like I'm headed down there tonight after all.  My son got invited last night and his friends' dad has an extra pass.  Hopefully we get a break with the weather!  

So many options for the Browns tonight, it's wonderful.  I'd be all aboard with a WR in the 1st or 2nd, and obviously defense for sure, but hoping we can find super value in a trade (up OR down) and still land our targets.  Can't wait to see what AB has in store for us.  
i've been staring at the radar this morning crossing my fingers as well.  it looks like there's a decent chance it could clear up, but there's an equally good chance we're all gonna get soaked.

i've been staring at the radar this morning crossing my fingers as well.  it looks like there's a decent chance it could clear up, but there's an equally good chance we're all gonna get soaked.
Worst of it is this morning. Falling temps and the wind off the lake will be a bigger issue than anything falling from the sky tonight. I am glad we opted not to go down til Saturday though.

Worst of it is this morning. Falling temps and the wind off the lake will be a bigger issue than anything falling from the sky tonight. I am glad we opted not to go down til Saturday though.
temperature should be pretty steady.  wind could be an issue though, i agree.  

Enjoy!!

Been hearing a lot of chatter about a WR.  Personally, if they take one before rnd 4, I will be disappointed.

Hourly forecast has temps at 50 & wind <= 10 mph.  Radar forecast says no precip at that time.  All-in-all, tolerable.  Dodged a bullet!
sure seems like it's trending that way.  i wouldn't be surprised if we get sprinkles, but hopefully it looks like we're not gonna get soaked at this point.  dodged a bullet for sure!

Enjoy!!

Been hearing a lot of chatter about a WR.  Personally, if they take one before rnd 4, I will be disappointed.
I want in on the 2nd round run of them, but if that doesn't happen then I'd rather kick that can to Saturday.

Farley off the board. glad we didn’t get him.  

damaged goods, and Mary Kay Cabot has been talking him up all day. 

lots of good players left on the board, there’s been a lot of dumb picks so far.  

the Browns are going to get a hell of a player at their pick.  

Anyone worth moving up for in the early part of the 2nd?
I'd like to get in on this WR tier before the well runs dry. Before pick 29 last night I was also thinking edge, but then the end of the night run happened so it depends on how they have Ossai and Ojulari graded. I think Moehrig or JOK could be in play if they keep falling, but Jabril Cox may be a more fiscally responsible target for the middle of the defense.

Anyone worth moving up for in the early part of the 2nd?
Ya know, many people figured/wanted us to move-up for CB Greg Newsome and he fell right into our lap.

I'm not against moving up but ya know, lets wait.  Lots of teams needing O-Linemen.  A RB or two should/will go off the board, a TE will/should go off the board, and probably a QB or two.  All positions we don't need so that will push down talent.  

I am confident that we can wait and get another good/great value if we're patient.

Ya know, many people figured/wanted us to move-up for CB Greg Newsome and he fell right into our lap.

I'm not against moving up but ya know, lets wait.  Lots of teams needing O-Linemen.  A RB or two should/will go off the board, a TE will/should go off the board, and probably a QB or two.  All positions we don't need so that will push down talent.  

I am confident that we can wait and get another good/great value if we're patient.
As others have said, we arent bringing 9 rookies to this team.  

As others said we aren't bringing 9 rookies to the team so move up for Greg Newsome and others said move-up for JOC in the 1st round.  

I'm not opposed to moving-up but talent will get pushed down and we can dish later picks rather than burning a 3rd round pick to move up for a guy that we can get cheaper.  

I'd much prefer to push extra picks into next year or use them and let players compete than burn picks to move-up when patience should allow talent to fall to us without burning picks.

That doesn't mean you move up if your board doesn't say to nor if you have to. If their current tier of players starts to dry up then by all means go get one. If it doesn't then sit and wait and save those assets for another use.

I don't even think DB is a priority at this point.

PFF take on Browns secondary

With the addition of Newsome to a secondary that already boasts Greedy Williams, John Johnson III, Troy Hill and Grant Delpit, Cleveland may challenge Denver for the title of best coverage unit in the NFL next year.

----------------------------

They didn't even mention CB Denzel Ward in the run-down of riches listed above.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't mean you move up if your board doesn't say to nor if you have to. If their current tier of players starts to dry up then by all means go get one. If it doesn't then sit and wait and save those assets for another use.
for what though?

I don’t see many teams giving the Browns picks next year for those picks.  

I view these picks this year like time outs.  Might as well use them up.  

That said, they played the first round masterfully.   They basically moved up 5 picks by letting the idiots in front of them draft.  

for what though?

I don’t see many teams giving the Browns picks next year for those picks.  

I view these picks this year like time outs.  Might as well use them up.  

That said, they played the first round masterfully.   They basically moved up 5 picks by letting the idiots in front of them draft.  
Without knowing what the board looks like I can't answer. As I wrote earlier this offseason I think a trade sometime today is more likely than yesterday - is it up or out? and if it is up is it up from 59 or 89? :shrug:  I just think it'd be silly to move up from 59 if multiple options in the current tier of players are still available. Ultimately, good drafting once you have the QB is all about maximizing value. Hell, I think down from 59 and up from 89 is possible too. 

Agree with whoever is in the camp of holding but moving up if there is a player you value and you can move up without too much pain. I trust the front office at this point not to do something stupid so I'm good however this works out. If you want to get the LB, move up a few and grab him, if your player is falling because others are picking for need, then hold and let it come to you.

First time in a decade I'm solid with whatever the front office does. 

I’m just saying in general the better players are taken higher.  

Package the picks and move up and get better players.  
We have no way of knowing for sure, but I think we saw a live example of this last night. I think Berry was prepared to move up, but as Farley and Newsome (and probably others like Paye) kept falling there was no justification to do so. Trading up must have a purpose; not just doing it for the sake of doing it. The right move as it turned out last night was to stay put and pick whoever from that tier was left. I expect the same complex multiple if-then approach tonight.

We have no way of knowing for sure, but I think we saw a live example of this last night. I think Berry was prepared to move up, but as Farley and Newsome (and probably others like Paye) kept falling there was no justification to do so. Trading up must have a purpose; not just doing it for the sake of doing it. The right move as it turned out last night was to stay put and pick whoever from that tier was left. I expect the same complex multiple if-then approach tonight.
Kind of refreshing isn't it?

I actually agree with you, last night worked out great.  

I just think they have enough capital that they can afford to be a bit “wasteful” to get “their guy” instead of thinking strictly in terms of tiers.  

Newsome!  Sweet! 

BIG pop yesterday when Fields got picked.  

Keeping my eye on these guys today.  The first few we probably would need to move up and if we like the player enough, GO FOR IT.  Similarly, we could possibly use the two 3rds (and maybe a later pick) to get another 2nd. I don't know anything about the OL class this year, so I'm not listing any, but that's always a possibility too.

Owusu-Koramoah 

Ojulari

Barmore

Basham

E. Moore and R. Moore  :heart:

Marshall

Onwuzurike

Togiai

Browning

Of course it all depends on their board, but theres no way to know what their board is, and no way to know who if anyone even wants to trade down.  

However, if I see them do something like trade both 3rds and both 4ths for an earlier 2nd, I am not gonna complain about it.  

Of course it all depends on their board, but theres no way to know what their board is, and no way to know who if anyone even wants to trade down.  

However, if I see them do something like trade both 3rds and both 4ths for an earlier 2nd, I am not gonna complain about it.  
2nd plus both 3rds would be plenty to get the 2.1. 

Trade up for Koramoah soon?
@nfldraftscout (Matt Miller)

Why is Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah still on the board? I reached out to a few scouts. Here are their replies: "Scheme fit is really hard" "No LB coaches at his pro day" "He's 214 pounds" "Mental lapses, not fast" "Tape is fun, doesn't translate"

Users who are viewing this thread