What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (9 Viewers)

Anthony Walker and Jamie Gillan put on the COVID list. 
the other day one of the guys on 92.3 brought up the question of the Browns all travelling over the bye week and the possibility of having players on the Covid list this weekend.  it may have been Lima.

they don't appear to have another punter.  

do they sign one or do they have McLaughlin punt?

does the place kicker normally serve as the backup punter?

they don't appear to have another punter.  

do they sign one or do they have McLaughlin punt?

does the place kicker normally serve as the backup punter?
Yesterday or the day before, think you're right about Lima mentioning it. They did a segment or two on it.

Guessing they just grab somebody, I don't think McLaughlin punts. I gotta think you can find a punter fairly easily. Probably of more importance is the holding duties on extra points and field goals. Gillan handles all those.

Yesterday or the day before, think you're right about Lima mentioning it. They did a segment or two on it.

Guessing they just grab somebody, I don't think McLaughlin punts. I gotta think you can find a punter fairly easily. Probably of more importance is the holding duties on extra points and field goals. Gillan handles all those.
dang that totally slipped my mind.

can you imagine losing the game on a bad hold?  ugh.

hopefully they'll be so far ahead a missed extra point won't matter.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Browns are signing veteran punter Dustin Colquitt, whom Atlanta released this week, to their 53-man roster.
i like it.  at least he's actively been playing.

i was worried they'd get someone who's been hanging out on his couch eating pork rinds and watching Netflix.

SUUUUUUUPER BOOOOOOOWL

SUUUUUUUPER…nevermind

Good game, win is a win. Not pleased with the Brown’s incessantly making below average players look like Hall of Famer’s, see Tyler Huntley. You’re up 24-9, FINISH THEM! Dagger to the heart, peddle to the metal, foot on the throat, pick your euphemism, just end it. I’ve had enough drama.

One small glimmer of hope is Blake is being replaced at RT with rookie Chris Hudson who struggled in TC, the preseason, and early in the year when they trying to find a replacement for Conklin.
PFF College Football@PFF_College

Rookie James Hudson started at RT in place of Conklin today vs Baltimore 35 pass-blocking snaps 2 QB pressures allowed 0 sacks

Over the last 6 games the Browns have scored 0 points in the fourth quarter.

ZERO!

We've only scored 3 TDs in the second half of the last six games with Baker Mayfield throwing 1 TD.
Over the past 7 games the Browns have scored 0 points in the fourth quarter.

ZERO!

We've only scored 3 TDs in the second half of those 7 games with Baker Mayfield throwing 1 TD.

Seven frk'ng games?  Seriously?

IG: JosinaAnderson@JosinaAnderson

I'm told #Browns personnel were informed this morning they'll have virtual meetings today due to CoVID-19 "positives." The team is still expected to practice later, at this time. This after the NFL had its highest number of player positives yesterday, since the pandemic started.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A little unclear if the 'positives' are from last week or new cases.

IG: JosinaAnderson@JosinaAnderson

I'm told #Browns personnel were informed this morning they'll have virtual meetings today due to CoVID-19 "positives." The team is still expected to practice later, at this time. This after the NFL had its highest number of player positives yesterday, since the pandemic started.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A little unclear if the 'positives' are from last week or new cases.
The Fan just said they are in "enhanced COVID protocols" now and pushed Stefanski's presser back due to "testing". Guessing somebody tested positive yesterday or today.

The Fan just said they are in "enhanced COVID protocols" now and pushed Stefanski's presser back due to "testing". Guessing somebody tested positive yesterday or today.
Not good.

---------------

Mary Kay Cabot

@MaryKayCabot

Updated: #Browns placed in enhanced COVID-19 mitigation protocols by the #NFL because of new positives. Team will update the players placed on COVID-19 reserve later today. Practice closed.

lol, with everything else going on with this team trying to scratch and claw their way to a playoff spot, here comes Covid.

what about the 6 Million Dollar Man??
1. Just waiting for him to test positive too since he and Baker are probably in close proximity to one another

2. He wasn't particularly great in the game he played with a decent OL and full compliment of weapons, what's he going to look like playing the JV's?

3. Yes, he is the guy and I'll be in his corner, just don't think we are going to see a positive result here. Unless the defense steps up and wins the game.

1. Just waiting for him to test positive too since he and Baker are probably in close proximity to one another

2. He wasn't particularly great in the game he played with a decent OL and full compliment of weapons, what's he going to look like playing the JV's?

3. Yes, he is the guy and I'll be in his corner, just don't think we are going to see a positive result here. Unless the defense steps up and wins the game.
I think the Browns need to do whatever they can to win this game.

1.  Find out what hotel the Raiders are at and have some locals keep them up all night partying.

2.  Bake some X-Lax cookies and leave them in the visitor's locker room.

3.  Put Tiger Balm in their jock straps.  

I think the Browns need to do whatever they can to win this game.

1.  Find out what hotel the Raiders are at and have some locals keep them up all night partying.

2.  Bake some X-Lax cookies and leave them in the visitor's locker room.

3.  Put Tiger Balm in their jock straps.  
I'm not against this childish response to the current situation. 

As a matter of fact...

ok, i'm curious.

why do you think the line should be +10, and what do you think the outcome will be?
Too many key players out and coach out all at once.

I think raiders will have a 20 point lead at some point in the game.  Not sure of what the backdoor score will be.  

Too many key players out and coach out all at once.

I think raiders will have a 20 point lead at some point in the game.  Not sure of what the backdoor score will be.  
fair enough. 

so if it’s like 24-13 late in the game the people who bet on the game would still be watching?

NFL might make rule change that actually makes sense?

Whaa???  NFL proposing sensible rule changes?  

Report: NFL Considering COVID-19 Protocol Change The NFL could soon change protocol for vaccinated individuals with no symptoms.

MarkMaske@MarkMaske

The NFL is considering a protocol tweak that would allow vaccinated, asymptomatic players who test positive for the coronavirus to return to team activities sooner, sources say.

------------------------------------------

... Currently players who are vaccinated and test positive have to either have two negative tests in back-to-back days, or sit out the standard 10 days.

Currently the Browns have 11 starters on the COVID-19 list, so this would significant news for the team. Welcome news at that. The change would only help those who are vaccinated, but are not having any symptoms.

... With NFL team’s seeing some of their worst outbreaks the league will have to make slight changes somewhere so that the season can go on with no threat of stoppage. 

If this will have any change that affects the Browns the league will have to act quick. Cleveland will host the Las Vegas Raiders on Saturday evening with upwards of 20 individuals out with COVID-19. 

no Clowney or Garrett at practice?

are they saving them from a freak injury or are they just ####### with us now? 

Last edited by a moderator:
no Clowney or Garrett at practice?

are they saving them from a freak injury or are they just ####### with us now? 
Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak

#Browns TE David Njoku off COVID list, practices. And other roster moves. Updated with Myles Garrett, Jadeveon Clowney expected to play Saturday despite not being on field for early portion of practice.

That rule change still makes no sense.

It doesnt matter if you are vaccinated or not, once you have Covid you have Covid.  

The rules for return should be the same for vaccinated or unvaccinated. 
I would assume with confidence fully vaccinated players who show no symptoms would be false positives.

Last year we had one stretch of positive tests that later were reported as false positives.   

Brown aficionados - how many OL from last week are expected to miss this week? Any decent depth behind these guys?  How do you feel about trotting Chubb out this week (and many of us will be starting regardless)? 

Brown aficionados - how many OL from last week are expected to miss this week? Any decent depth behind these guys?  How do you feel about trotting Chubb out this week (and many of us will be starting regardless)? 
i believe RG and LT from last week are out.  however, last week there was a replacement RT from the week before that.  he seemed to do OK.

the depth is ok, not great.

the thought is that Chubb should get an above average workload this Saturday.

you also have a veteran backup QB who should be able to run the offense correctly.

all in all, i'd probably start Chubb.  the weather is supposed to be bad, so i doubt they'll be in a blowout.

Last year we had one stretch of positive tests that later were reported as false positives.   

that's a possibility, but these aren't necessarily false positives.  you can test positive even if you're vaccinated.

also, we don't really know how many of these players submitted false vax cards. 

just a lot of unknowns.

Users who are viewing this thread