What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (5 Viewers)

Please dont kill Chubb. Please give DJ 15 touches.  No need to kill a guy in a game we have no business winning.

Also, this is another reason why I though the line should be 10.  Keenum going down was always a very real possibility.

I wonder what it will be now.  7?  Should be 13

Brown aficionados - how many OL from last week are expected to miss this week? Any decent depth behind these guys?  How do you feel about trotting Chubb out this week (and many of us will be starting regardless)? 
As @amnesiacsaid, we’re currently down 2 from last week. We can fill those gaps but here’s the dilemma, and it really runs across all positions, we can’t afford for anyone to get hurt in the game. That happens and we’re pulling guys out of the stands.

Look back on the last game Keenan started and see what the RB numbers looked like, probably something similar this week. They will pass to keep the defense honest but Keenan isn’t going to be chucking it 30-40 times IMO. If he is, we’re down by 20 in the 1st quarter and have lost the game already.

Keenum won’t be chucking anything, I don’t think. It’ll be Mullens. My phone is autocorrecting to Keenan and Mullins, too, by the way. Argh.

I hope DPJ has a big day for you guys, though y’all have different worries than fantasy brackets. Still think Cleveland has a shot here against LV. We shall see. Good luck. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What a cluster.

If I was player, I might be reluctant to even take the field in this high contact sport with the virus so rampant….even with all of the testing…

As @amnesiacsaid, we’re currently down 2 from last week. We can fill those gaps but here’s the dilemma, and it really runs across all positions, we can’t afford for anyone to get hurt in the game. That happens and we’re pulling guys out of the stands.

Look back on the last game Keenan started and see what the RB numbers looked like, probably something similar this week. They will pass to keep the defense honest but Keenan isn’t going to be chucking it 30-40 times IMO. If he is, we’re down by 20 in the 1st quarter and have lost the game already.
Losing Teller hurts the run game, but I think that gap can be filled. I don't think we're filling any gap at LT though... especially given the health issues at TE. Just a sample size of one, but while Hudson was a revelation last week the only reason he was given another shot is because all other options had been exhausted. And it only takes one hole for an OL to come crumbling down.

That said, I expect some to clear covid protocols tomorrow. 

No one has been ruled OUT yet.

The NFL set a precedent in making an emergency rule change days before this game.

We are seeing a VERY-unusual situation with a:

• Saturday game
  • Late in the season
  • The league ADDED an extra game thereby LOSING the extra week they had as a COVID buffer
  • They have ALREADY sold tickets and TV rights/ads for the game
  • Since its a Saturday game they did not have enough time to swap a Sunday game into the slot 
  • They are screwed if the game is moved or can't be played
Expect those EMERGENCY rule changes to be more than window dressing.  

I fully anticipate guys who show no symptoms to play.  Once again, NO ONE has been ruled OUT on the cusp of the NFL forcing in EMERGENCY rule changes just to get players OK'd to play for this game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

Do I think a whole lot of people will miraculously test negative and be able to play Saturday? Yes, I do.

-------------------------------------

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

I think the NFL is far more likely to let guys play than they are to move the game.

what exactly was the rule change?

how late can a player test and be cleared?

can they do it on Saturday?
I've already posted an article but listen to Dr. Gene from last night's Audible

He explains in more detail within the first five minutes of the show how guys will be eligible to play even with a positive test if they show no symptoms and are not deemed contagious which also answers Ghostguuys questions.  

Just listen to Dr. Gene's explanation which is the best.

they were talking about it on the radio. 

apparently they are able to measure viral load now and there will be a threshold.  

Doesnt change much as far as who will be available (maybe even MORE players will be out) but at least the scrubs can get a little more up to speed.

Doesnt change much as far as who will be available (maybe even MORE players will be out) but at least the scrubs can get a little more up to speed.
are there any players left to be out?

i think it’s possible they get several guys back by Monday with the new guidelines.  

are there any players left to be out?

i think it’s possible they get several guys back by Monday with the new guidelines.  
If someone tests positive, they will continue to test positive for weeks if not months.  Good luck getting anyone back within 10 days of testing positive 

Hunt out now.  Not that it matters but just saying, we will probably have more guys out by monday

If someone tests positive, they will continue to test positive for weeks if not months.  Good luck getting anyone back within 10 days of testing positive 

Hunt out now.  Not that it matters but just saying, we will probably have more guys out by monday
that’s not how it works anymore.  they are changing the threshold. it’s no longer a binary test.  

you can be positive and still play.  

that’s not how it works anymore.  they are changing the threshold. it’s no longer a binary test.  

you can be positive and still play.  
Positve yes.  Positive players have been playing all year once they are 10 days past their first positive test.

In what way are they changing this?

Positve yes.  Positive players have been playing all year once they are 10 days past their first positive test.

In what way are they changing this?
they are going to measure what their viral load is.  Once it falls below a certain threshold they are considered “negative.”

that’s how I understand it anyway.  i may be wrong. 

they are going to measure what their viral load is.  Once it falls below a certain threshold they are considered “negative.”

that’s how I understand it anyway.  i may be wrong. 
Well, to this point in hospitals people are considered "covid recovered" 10 days after their first positive test.   I believe this time frame was based on viral load, being contagious, etc...

Ummm....50 if not 100 players have tested positive and have been back.

In what time frame?

Because you can test positive for 2 months, but you are considered Covid recovered 10 days after your first positive test
"Under the previous protocols, a vaccinated individual who tests positive for COVID-19 has to produce two negative tests 24 hours apart before being cleared to return. The new protocols relax that requirement and could enable teams such as the Cleveland Browns, Los Angeles Rams and Washington Football Team to get some players back for this weekend's games.

In creating the new return-to-play protocols, the NFL and NFLPA focused on a new metric that measures the viral load of a player, known as the "cycle threshold" (CT). In essence, the CT value can measure whether a player is still contagious, even if in some cases he would still test positive on a traditional test.

That testing can begin as soon as one day after the initial positive and could significantly shorten the amount of time a vaccinated player spends away from the team facility.

There are now three ways for a vaccinated player to return under the new protocols:

• Two PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests that are either negative or produce a CT value of 35 or greater.

• One PCR test that is either negative or produces a CT value of 35 or greater, and a negative Mesa test result taken with 24 hours of the PCR test. (Mesa tests usually return results in less than an hour.)

• Two negative Mesa tests.

According to NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills, previous NFL test analysis has shown that players with CT values at the level of 35 or higher do not transmit COVID-19 and thus would not be contagious."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32883210/nfl-new-covid-19-rules-include-changes-return-play-protocols-return-intensive-restrictions

"Under the previous protocols, a vaccinated individual who tests positive for COVID-19 has to produce two negative tests 24 hours apart before being cleared to return. The new protocols relax that requirement and could enable teams such as the Cleveland Browns, Los Angeles Rams and Washington Football Team to get some players back for this weekend's games.

In creating the new return-to-play protocols, the NFL and NFLPA focused on a new metric that measures the viral load of a player, known as the "cycle threshold" (CT). In essence, the CT value can measure whether a player is still contagious, even if in some cases he would still test positive on a traditional test.

That testing can begin as soon as one day after the initial positive and could significantly shorten the amount of time a vaccinated player spends away from the team facility.

There are now three ways for a vaccinated player to return under the new protocols:

• Two PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests that are either negative or produce a CT value of 35 or greater.

• One PCR test that is either negative or produces a CT value of 35 or greater, and a negative Mesa test result taken with 24 hours of the PCR test. (Mesa tests usually return results in less than an hour.)

• Two negative Mesa tests.

According to NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills, previous NFL test analysis has shown that players with CT values at the level of 35 or higher do not transmit COVID-19 and thus would not be contagious."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32883210/nfl-new-covid-19-rules-include-changes-return-play-protocols-return-intensive-restrictions
That would be great news if they do that because many of the players in the league who have tested positive probably would have tested positive several days earlier and needlessly had to sit out a game.

Mongidig said:
Is there any hope Hooper plays tomorrow?
From what i have gleaned there is hope for everyone but Clowney, who is legitimately sick. Probably others with zero chance, but I'm not aware of them.

From what i have gleaned there is hope for everyone but Clowney, who is legitimately sick. Probably others with zero chance, but I'm not aware of them.
too bad to hear Clowney is actually sick, but great news on everyone else.  

i have been under the assumption the whole time that the NFL anticipates getting a lot of players back when they decided to move three games.  

What?  I know people personally that tested positive and then a couple days later testing negative

What?  I know people personally that tested positive and then a couple days later testing negative
And I know people who tested positive and continued to test positive for 2 months.  Plus hundreds of patients.

Chances are those people you know either had a false positive or they had already been posite for quite some time before testing negative.

i would like to humbly suggest that perhaps we are arguing semantics here.  

let’s see who the Browns get back tomorrow.   

Mayfield & Keenum both flunked the COVID test today. All weekend to study and these bozo's are playing video games  :no:

Nick Mullins, come on down!

John Johnson will be back. I didn’t know it but I read there is a 2:00 deadline today for Browns players to come off the Covid list. 

Not sure how guys are supposed to all of a sudden test negative, especially when they get routine tests.  Once you contract the virus you arent going to magically test negative in less than 10 days.

Unless maybe you shove sanitizer up your nose before the test.....hint hint guys!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread