What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (8 Viewers)

Watson trade was a combination of many things including last year's BUF/KC playoff game.

-----------------------------------

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout
Very good point.

Daniel Jeremiah@MoveTheSticks

The BUF/KC playoff game was a turning point moment in the NFL. The quality of QB play was off the charts and it had to hit home with every HC/GM/Owner. Is my QB good enough to compete with that???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year the Rams traded to improve their QB position and spent more than the rest of the league and won a SB.  The NFL tends to copycat successful strategies.   

I feel the Browns supporting cast is good and that a good team can win with a top 12 to 15 QB but can they beat Mahomes or Josh Allen in the post season?  

I always saw Watson getting suspended, so I figured the trade was a long-term solution at QB.  Watson hasn't played in a year, would be facing a suspension, would be rusty, and the rest of the AFC is stacked.  I was looking to next year which 'could' bring an unexpected additional $50 million in cap space.  

Watson trade was a combination of many things including last year's BUF/KC playoff game.

Very good point.

The BUF/KC playoff game was a turning point moment in the NFL. The quality of QB play was off the charts and it had to hit home with every HC/GM/Owner. Is my QB good enough to compete with that???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year the Rams traded to improve their QB position and spent more than the rest of the league and won a SB.  The NFL tends to copycat successful strategies.   

I feel the Browns supporting cast is good and that a good team can win with a top 12 to 15 QB but can they beat Mahomes or Josh Allen in the post season?  

I always saw Watson getting suspended, so I figured the trade was a long-term solution at QB.  Watson hasn't played in a year, would be facing a suspension, would be rusty, and the rest of the AFC is stacked.  I was looking to next year which 'could' bring an unexpected additional $50 million in cap space.  
I pretty much agree with every point made, including Daniel Jeremiah's point. At what point do you look at your QB and think that you realistically can win a game against an Allen or Mahomes? Especially if that's what it's going to take to get to a Super Bowl. Very few teams have QBs that can rival those two guys. Watson, when he's on, is one of those guys. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleveland’s roster now boasts a player earning top-10 money for their position at quarterback, running back, wide receiver, tight end, left guard, right guard, edge defender and cornerback. They’re extremely talented on paper, but it’s put up or shut up time for this nucleus of players.

I pretty much agree with every point made, including Daniel Jeremiah's point. At what point do you look at your QB and think that you realistically can win a game against an Allen or Mahomes? Especially if that's what it's going to take to get to a Super Bowl. Very few teams have QBs that can rival those two guys. Watson, when he's on, is one of those guys. 
In the AFC, I'd say Watson, Herbert, Jackson, Burrow, Wilson can all go toe-to-toe with Mahomes & Allen. I'd be tempted to throw Las Vegas and the Colts in there, too. Not all of these teams would have a chance against KC or Buffalo based solely on their QB, but many would. I'd take Herbert, Jackson, or Burrow in a playground shootout and like my chances. And, outside of Wilson & Ryan, the best are all kids so they're not going away any time soon. I've been watching the NFL since the 1960s and I've never seen so many talented QBs playing at one time.

The AFC is stupidly deep. There's gonna be a team missing the playoffs that would be a 3 seed in the NFC. Cleveland (with Watson) would be favored to win the NFC East and probably the North; they'd be 2nd favorites in the other two divisions (I think they're better than TB, but may be on an island there). And they - like Baltimore, Cincy, and Pittsburgh - are gonna have to fight like hell just to get out of their own division.......only to have to deal with KC, Buffalo, LAC, Denver, Indy, Tenn, LV, Miami, NE, etc...

Not all of these teams would have a chance against KC or Buffalo
Um, I dunno.  Baker Mayfield nearly beat KC in KC two years ago with a defense that was truly awful, and an entire team devastated with Covid if you recall.  

I honestly think any NFL team with a solid roster 'can win' with a top 12 to 15 QB who is careful and does not hurt their team with mistakes/turnovers/etc.  Having a 'top-notch' QB gives a huge advantage during the regular season.  Home field advantage matters in the post season more than people realize so stacking regular season wins, getting a bye and home field is the HUGE advantage of having an 'uber' QB IMHO.

Once the playoffs begin, the teams with home field hold a huge advantage, but solid QB play combined with a strong roster can win close games.  

We have all done the math and know that at least one strong team in the AFC will not 'make' the playoffs but I wouldn't dismiss any team with a top 12 to 15 QB with a strong roster who makes the post season.  

Um, I dunno.  Baker Mayfield nearly beat KC in KC two years ago with a defense that was truly awful, and an entire team devastated with Covid if you recall.  

I honestly think any NFL team with a solid roster 'can win' with a top 12 to 15 QB who is careful and does not hurt their team with mistakes/turnovers/etc.  Having a 'top-notch' QB gives a huge advantage during the regular season.  Home field advantage matters in the post season more than people realize so stacking regular season wins, getting a bye and home field is the HUGE advantage of having an 'uber' QB IMHO.

Once the playoffs begin teams with home field is huge, but solid QB play combined with a strong roster can win close games. 

We have all done the math and know that at least one strong team in the AFC will not 'make' the playoffs but I wouldn't dismiss any team with a top 12 to 15 QB with a strong roster who makes the post season.  
Even better and reinforces my point that the top two aren't unbeatable. Hell, neither even made the SB last year. The Ravens beat KC last year with no RBs, half an OL, and a decimated DB room.

Agree with your other points.

Adam Carter@SmartfootbalI

Highest graded CBs in single coverage.. (PFF)

1. Jalen Ramsey, 90.1

2. JC Jackson, 88.2

3. Denzel Ward, 85.2

4. AJ Terrell, 78.7

5. Greg Newsome, 73.6

Tiering the NFL’s Best Cornerback Duos in 2022

Tier 2

Tier 2 consists of the duos that possess one star CB with a solid option at CB2. Most of the No. 2 corners here are younger options who aren’t as polished or versatile just yet. This tier possesses playmakers such as the Chargers duo, or lockdown options such as the Bills and Rams.

Cleveland Browns: Denzel Ward, Greg Newsome II

Los Angeles Rams: Jalen Ramsey, Troy Hill

Buffalo Bills: Tre’Davious White, Taron Johnson

Los Angeles Chargers: JC Jackson, Asante Samuel Jr

Atlanta Falcons: AJ Terrell, Casey Hayward Jr

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2022 NFL secondary rankings: Baltimore Ravens, Tampa Bay Buccaneers take top spots

3. CLEVELAND BROWNS

CB: Denzel Ward
CB: Greg Newsome II
NCB: Greedy Williams
S: John Johnson III
S: Grant Delpit

This unit not only has proven studs in Ward and Johnson, but also three ascending top-50 draft picks who have all played two or fewer NFL seasons. What this unit could be is scary to think about, as we already saw quality play from Newsome, Williams and Delpit down the stretch in 2021.

--------------------------------

Browns secondary gets very high ranking from PFF

...Even better, the Browns have enviable depth with the likes of Ronnie Harrison, A.J. Green and third-round rookie Martin Emerson all capable of playing bigger roles than projected.

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

The Browns cannot be taken seriously as a contender with their defensive tackle room as it currently stands. It's the worst in the league. By far.

Interior Defensive Line Unit Ranks

32 Cleveland Browns - Jordan Elliott, Sheldon Day, Taven Bryan, Tommy Togiai, Perrion Winfrey
I had completely forgotten about this guy but loved him prior to the draft when he came out.  He fell due to a heart condition; thought he was a bargain.  

I would take a gamble on him.

Stumbled on this article tailored to the Jets but he'd fit the Browns IMHO.

IF he is a possible cut then I think AB could swing a deal for a late pick.  I think we really need another starting caliber DT and always liked Mo Hurst.

Jets Need ‘Disruptive Penetrator’ Expected to Be Cut by 49ers

The New York Jets will be closely monitoring the waiver wire to find some hidden gems ahead of the 2022 season.

One player is expected to shake free which could make a tremendous impact on the green and white.

Nick Wagoner covers the San Francisco 49ers for ESPN and he was recently responsible for predicting the final 53-man roster in June.

In his prognostications, he had one very interesting player just missing the cut in defensive tackle Maurice Hurst.

Wagoner called the battle on the interior something “to watch” and listed Hurst as one of the competitors for those final spots.

The 27-year-old originally entered the league back in 2018 as the No. 140 overall pick in the fifth round. Although he was projected to go much higher with some saying he was a “first round” kind of player in that class but a heart issue discovered at the NFL combine scared a few teams off.

In the NFL that has proven to be a non-issue thankfully and Hurst has developed into quite the player:

...Coming out of college, Hurst was heralded as a “disruptive penetrator” but his ability in run defense certainly stands out as well.

In limited action last season, Hurst finished with a career-high 75.2 PFF grade against the run.

Although the larger sample size reveals an affinity for sacking the opposing quarterback via Pro Football Focus:

78.5 grade

77.8 grade

65.5 grade

Very good point.

It's not only that but can a team even make the playoffs, let alone win a Superbowl, without improving the QB situation, especially if you play in the same division as a Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow. 

Look at the Patriots. For 20 years they had Brady and none of the other three teams in the AFC East had a franchise QB or even a good QB the entire time. It's not like that anymore. Josh Allen is king of the hill now in the AFC East and the rest of the AFC is stacked too like you said. 

I don't agree with the guaranteed money the Browns gave to Watson, but I get why they did it. 

Browns trading Baker to Carolina has disaster written all over it with playing at Carolina opening week.  With no Watson on the road vs Baker I could see losing that game and how that will hurt.  Cleveland has 1 win since 1999 on opening week.
Prolific...

:bye:  Baker  :popcorn:

I was planning on going to the game anyhow because I rarely get to see the Browns in person these days. This is gonna be good!

Browns had opened at -4 at Carolina when schedule was released.

It dropped to -3 recently.

It dropped now to -1 with Baker trade.

Well it was a fun ride while it lasted.  Following Baker from OU to Cleveland.   Tried my best to become a Browns fan.  At times it was fun but the local media sure makes it hard.  The media that cover Browns football have to be the most miserable people walking around.   Hope it works out for everyone (Browns and Baker).      Can't say I won't root for Watson to fail.   The allegations of sexual assault and how it all is swept under the rug because well he can play football.    I would think it has to be very difficult for Browns fan to cheer with Watson at QB.    GL 

not even a little. theyre all faceless to me. 

I'll struggle with it mightily. But I don't put players and teams on pedestals like lots of folks. I won't root for someone a feel is a scumbag no matter how good he is. If it turns out much of it is unfounded, then things will change. But for now, yea. 

WHICH GAMES DO THE BROWNS NEED WATSON THE MOST?

The visual below seeks to explain this. The horizontal axis shows the Browns' point spread in each game if Jacoby Brissett were the starter. The vertical axis shows the gain in win probability if Deshaun Watson were to start instead. The games where win probability increases the most are where the Browns are two to three-point underdogs with Brissett, as Watson would make them two to three-point favorites if he played. The approximate gain in those cases (according to FiveThirtyEight’s model) can be nearly a 16% boost in win probability.

CONCLUSIONS

How big is the dropoff from Watson to Brissett? About 2.4 wins over a full season and four and half-point drop in the point spread in each game, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw a slightly bigger drop in practice.

How much should expectations be adjusted based on suspension length? A full season would make the Browns a playoff longshot, but anything short of that probably gives them a chance to sneak in. Six games or less leaves a pretty big window to still win the AFC North, with divisional games being backloaded onto the schedule.

Which games do the Browns need Watson most? The obvious answer is games against divisional rivals and other AFC playoff hopefuls, but really any game that would be close with Brissett would move into the Browns' favor with Watson.

Anthony Reinhard@reinhurdler

Last time each of these teams brought back their head coach + coordinators in Week 1 for three straight seasons:

• - LA/STL: 1990
  • - CLE: 1993*
  • - MIA: 1995
  • - DEN: 2005
  • - TEN: 2007
  • - CHI: 2009
  • - JAX: 2011
  • - NYJ: 2011
*Browns are set to break their streak this season

--------------------------------------------------------

We're Browns fans, what else do we have to do? Look at our super bowl rings, oh wait...
This hits in the feels.

Growing up with the Browns in the 70's & 80's, especially the Bernie years, you always thought we'd just stay good but that's where the doubt was birthed. That nagging little thought in the back of every old Brown's fans mind that something is going to happen to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It's happened so many times and under such goofy circumstances it's almost an expectation now. Browns PTSD if you will. The Watson saga is just another chapter in the book.

As I creep up on my mortality, I joke less and less about seeing one before I die.

That is interesting.

• I'm not a fan...
Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

Per PFF in 2021 Ndamukong Suh

Run Defense Snaps - 194

Run Defense Grade - 50.2

Jordan Elliott

Run Defense Snaps - 206

Run Defense Grade - 45

=========================

I guess we are still looking at Suh and I'm still not a fan.

Report: Ndamukong Suh Remains on Browns Radar

----------------------------------------------------

I keep hearing the coaching staff is high on Jordan Elliot.  

Haven't we heard this line before?

------------------------------------

Pete Smit@_PeteSmith_

I would've pursued Hicks. That said, if the Browns really believe the light has come on for Jordan Elliott as they have been saying and you factor in Watson's uncertainty, I get it. You just have to acknowledge the risk involved.

-------------------------------------

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

Last year he was so ineffective as a run defender that 72% of his snaps were against the pass, which the Browns definitely don't need him to do.

Suh was okay in 2020. He hasn't been that dude since 2018, but if you could get the 2019 version, you'd be pretty happy.

Since it's still the 2021 thread, here's a story from 2021 The Life And Career Of Reggie Rucker (Complete Story)
Very good read.  Did not know his hard scrabble childhood.

Monday Night, November 3rd, 1980.  Cleveland Browns against the  Chicago Bears.  Old Muni Stadium.  They sold out and issued thousands of standing room only tickets that overfilled the stadium for the largest home crowd for ANY Cleveland Browns game.  

We were way up in the second level, far from the field.

I was a kid and did not know Reggie but as Rucker was warming up, I couldn't help myself and excitedly shouted, 'Hey Reg.'

Then, something happened that I didn't expect.

He stopped and looked in my direction putting his hand up to shield his eyes from the extra lights for Monday Night TV.  It got quiet and then EVERYONE stopped and looked at me.

I panicked because I didn't expect that reaction and felt really awkward.

He squinted trying to see but obviously didn't know who shouted his name as he gave me a halfhearted wave.  Everyone looked at me as though I actually knew him and gave me approving nods, lol.

I always like Reg.

I'm not a fan...

I guess we are still looking at Suh and I'm still not a fan.
Deshaun Watson’s camp remains optimistic he’ll play this season; Ndamukong Suh not on radar: Browns Insider

...Suh not on the radar

Reports the Browns are interested in five-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh appear unfounded. The Browns have been linked to Suh, 35, at various points this offseason, but there doesn’t seem to be much interest.

If they decide to add a veteran defensive tackle, they might consider a familiar face in Sheldon Richardson, 31, who played for them in 2019-20 but returned to the Vikings last season rather than take a huge paycut from the Browns.

Richardson, the 55th best defensive tackle in the NFL last season according to Pro Football Focus, is good in the locker room and would be a strong mentor for a young player like fourth-round pick Perrion Winfrey. He also has a knack for keeping Myles Garrett motivated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

:thumbup:

Grant carted off(Dynasty League Football) Browns wide receiver and special teams ace Jakeem Grant was carted off with an apparent leg injury at practice. Analysis: This has the looks of a potentially serious injury. Grant was making some headway on the depth chart and figured to be the Browns primary return man as well. If he's indeed lost for the season, it would open up more snaps and targets for the likes of Donovan Peoples-Jones and David Bell. As for Grant, he's already a fringe dynasty player and there would be little reason to keep him should this be a serious injury. Stay tuned.
2.Jakeem Grant: Torn Achilles feared(RotoWire) There are fears that Grant suffered a season-ending torn Achilles during Tuesday's practice, Mary Kay Cabot of The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports. Analysis: The report notes that the Browns are awaiting final word on Grant's injury, but it appears as though the 29-year-old is in for an extended absence. In that scenario, Cleveland's return game would take a major hit, while the depth of the team's wideout corps would also be impacted ahead of Week 1.

Nick Harris carted off after the second play. said his knee “buckled.”

hoping like heck it’s just hyperextended.

This guy was our 7th round draft pick, late flyer. Hasn't been mentioned at all. One of the prospects who took a tumble due to off-field issue and may have gotten lost in the COVID fog.

Odds against him but interesting. Just throwing his name out there.

Isaiah Thomas the Wild Card at DE Late round pick has his eye on the defensive line rotation.

... what are his chances of making the 53-man final roster?

... (6’-5”, 266 pounds) ... Basketball ... excelled... kept him in prime shape... basketball powerhouse... finals... 5A State Champions.

... started as a freshman... ranked Number 4 Oklahoman Super 30 list 2017... playing some offensive tackle... Honorable Mention All-State ... U.S. Army All-American... started four games freshman ... five sophomore... starting junior COVID year 2020... 10 starts, 31 total tackles, two batted passes, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries, 12 tackles for loss plus an impressive 7.5 sacks.

... senior eight sacks, 38 total tackles, three batted passes, three forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, 10.5 tackles for loss with 12 starts and 34 QB pressures... named captain... final two seasons - Second Team All-Big 12

Senior Bowl - held own... Combine - 4.7 ... 40 ... 31.5” vert ... 9’9” broad

...several issues - off-the-field... senior - petty larceny... misdemeanor DUI ... didn’t appear in court for the larceny charge, that generated a failure to appear warrant and was then booked

... Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports posted the following about the selection of Thomas:

Browns Best pick (Grade A): DL Isaiah Thomas, Oklahoma (R7, P223)

NFL-sized edge rusher with heavy hands and an energetic style around the corner. Awesome swim move. Decent explosiveness. Ready to contribute from Day 1. More EDGE help for Cleveland.

Thomas’ strengths include good upper body strength, short-area quickness, lots of hustle, relentless pass rush with powerful hands. Negatives include a below average run stopper, limited overall athletic ability, not explosive off the snap and does not possess elite flexibility.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah Thomas, 7th round pick hasn't been mentioned. I get it, I overlooked him but understand why we took a flyer.
Isaiah Thomas looked really good last night making a couple of big plays that stood out.

Isaiah Thomas storms backfield for TFL on Travis Etienne Jr.

Isaiah Thomas pulls down Jake Luton for 9-yard sack

This guy was our 7th round draft pick, late flyer. Hasn't been mentioned at all. One of the prospects who took a tumble due to off-field issue and may have gotten lost in the COVID fog.

Isaiah Thomas the Wild Card at DE Late round pick has his eye on the defensive line rotation.

... (6’-5”, 266 pounds) ... Basketball ... excelled... kept him in prime shape... basketball powerhouse... finals... 5A State Champions.

... started as a freshman... ranked Number 4 Oklahoman Super 30 list 2017... playing some offensive tackle... Honorable Mention All-State ... U.S. Army All-American... started four games freshman ... five sophomore... starting junior COVID year 2020... 10 starts, 31 total tackles, two batted passes, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries, 12 tackles for loss plus an impressive 7.5 sacks.

... senior eight sacks, 38 total tackles, three batted passes, three forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, 10.5 tackles for loss with 12 starts and 34 QB pressures... named captain... final two seasons - Second Team All-Big 12

...several issues - off-the-field... senior - petty larceny... misdemeanor DUI ... didn’t appear in court for the larceny charge, that generated a failure to appear warrant and was then booked

... Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports posted the following about the selection of Thomas:

NFL-sized edge rusher with heavy hands and an energetic style around the corner. Awesome swim move. Decent explosiveness. Ready to contribute from Day 1. More EDGE help for Cleveland.

Thomas’ strengths include good upper body strength, short-area quickness, lots of hustle, relentless pass rush with powerful hands. Negatives include a below average run stopper, limited overall athletic ability, not explosive off the snap and does not possess elite flexibility.

Isaiah Thomas, 7th round pick hasn't been mentioned. I get it, I overlooked him but understand why we took a flyer.
Isaiah Thomas looked really good last night making a couple of big plays that stood out.

lol, no one blocked him on the TFL.

that was a nice sack, though.

The TFL was an RPO so he faded a pass faking the QB into the handoff where he correctly made his read.
He was SUPPOSED to be unblocked by the LT. That is the play where they are trying to fake the RDE so he made a fantastic read and finished the play.

The TFL was an RPO so he faded a pass faking the QB into the handoff where he correctly made his read.
He was SUPPOSED to be unblocked by the LT. That is the play where they are trying to fake the RDE so he made a fantastic read and finished the play.
i think Lawrence handed off cause he didn't want to get hit.

In the first game last year, we lost our starting LT and our OT/OG swingman, killing protection leading to Baker getting injured, etc. Two injuries at a critical position on a strong offensive line was devastating.
In the first preseason game, we lost our starting center for the year. We had a veteran backup as we signed a journeyman center Pocic. Pocic is not good, but we also drafted a rookie center giving a 'glimmer' of hope.
Well... shades of last year when we lost our starting LT and back up but this time at the center position.

Browns Rookie Center Dawson Deaton out for Season

Our former stating center, Tretter is available as a free agent, JC knows the system and was ranked as one of the top-100 players in the entire NFL heading into last year and he's considered the 5th best center this year and he's still available.
============================

2022 NFL center rankings and tiers

TIER 3: GOOD, VETERAN STARTERS

5. J.C. Tretter, Free Agent

There are still several impact free agents available as we march toward June, but Tretter comes in near the top of the list. Across Tretter’s five seasons in Cleveland, few centers were more durable or more reliable in pass protection. His 5,298 regular-season snaps played at center since 2017 fall behind only Jason Kelce and Ryan Jensen, and no center earned a higher grade in pass protection (90.6) over that stretch.

Any team with a question mark in the middle of their offensive line would be wise to bring Tretter in soon.
---------------------------------------------------------
Tretter is a no-brainer for us to pick up.
Why hasn't it already happened?
The NFL doesn't like the president of the NFLPA criticizing the league.
The rest of the league hates us for signing Watson.
Does anyone care if signing Tretter wouldn't be popular with the rest of the league?
I don't expect much with Brissett but to have a watchable team this year we need better talent at the center position.
Sign JC Tretter.

Last edited:
In the first game last year, we lost our starting LT and our OT/OG swingman, killing protection leading to Baker getting injured, etc. Two injuries at a critical position on a strong offensive line was devastating.
In the first preseason game, we lost our starting center for the year. We had a veteran backup as we signed a journeyman center Pocic. Pocic is not good, but we also drafted a rookie center giving a 'glimmer' of hope.
Well... shades of last year when we lost our starting LT and back up but this time at the center position.

Our former stating center, Tretter is available as a free agent, JC knows the system and was ranked as one of the top-100 players in the entire NFL heading into last year and he's considered the 5th best center this year and he's still available.

There are still several impact free agents available as we march toward June, but Tretter comes in near the top of the list. Across Tretter’s five seasons in Cleveland, few centers were more durable or more reliable in pass protection. His 5,298 regular-season snaps played at center since 2017 fall behind only Jason Kelce and Ryan Jensen, and no center earned a higher grade in pass protection (90.6) over that stretch.

Any team with a question mark in the middle of their offensive line would be wise to bring Tretter in soon.
Does anyone care if signing Tretter wouldn't be popular with the rest of the league?
I don't expect much with Brissett but to have a watchable team this year we need better talent at the center position.
Sign JC Tretter.
totally agree. they should’ve done this on Saturday.

...We know that there has to be analytical reasons for the players we took so here's the rundown.

------------------------------

PFF Draft@PFF_College

The Cleveland Browns pick Mississippi State CB Martin Emerson at No. 68 overall. 89.6 coverage grade since 2020 (2nd among SEC CBs)
PFF College
@PFF_College
Top defensive rooks from Preseason Week 1 1f4a5.png
==============================================
LINK

Sign JC Tretter.
totally agree. they should’ve done this on Saturday.
At this point I think it takes two to tango is the most likely explanation.

so i just read the 9ers are going to have 2 million dead money on Garoppolo if they cut him.

is it possible they pay him 2 mil, Garoppolo takes something like a 5 mil haircut and the Browns trade a pick and pay like 18 mil for this year?

i doubt anyone is really going to give him a huge contract coming off of a surgery, and he would know he's the starter, but only for the first 11 games.

if Watson was suspended the whole year i think it would be a slam dunk for the Browns to just trade for him and pay the full 25 mil, but the 11 game thing really makes this less likely to happen imo.

so i just read the 9ers are going to have 2 million dead money on Garoppolo if they cut him.

is it possible they pay him 2 mil, Garoppolo takes something like a 5 mil haircut and the Browns trade a pick and pay like 18 mil for this year?

i doubt anyone is really going to give him a huge contract coming off of a surgery, and he would know he's the starter, but only for the first 11 games.

if Watson was suspended the whole year i think it would be a slam dunk for the Browns to just trade for him and pay the full 25 mil, but the 11 game thing really makes this less likely to happen imo.
Just my $.02, but I'm inclined to go with the guy they hand-picked as a fit for the new offense. (and, I'm a fan of Jimmy G)

Just my $.02, but I'm inclined to go with the guy they hand-picked as a fit for the new offense. (and, I'm a fan of Jimmy G)
But Brissett is really bad. One thing to be a back-up and fill in for a game, but to play him 11 games should be worrisome for the Browns

Seems something should be able to be worked out for Garappolo. I like Hunt going to the 49ers straight up, but I'm not a fan of Mitchell as the main back, so there's that.

i do not want to watch 11 games of Brissett.

this team is too good to waste another year.

Garoppolo is a starter, Brissett is not.

i do not want to watch 11 games of Brissett.

this team is too good to waste another year.

Garoppolo is a starter, Brissett is not.
Agreed about Brisket, but don't agree about Jimmy (he's better though). I'll be surprised if there's a trade before cut down, but would then expect to be in the bidding for his services after he gets his walking papers. I think Jimmy will want control of his new destination, so doubt he'd be willing to negotiate a trade and a new contract so close to his release.

Users who are viewing this thread