What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 FFA NHL Fantasy League (2 Viewers)

but Getz already did days of research algorithmics based specifically on two utilities. season ruined
Too many escrows and wsop all last week to do any research.  Thanks Rude for only the one UTIL and cutting hours off my cramming today. Feels like college all over again.

round 5, I briefly went on tilt after missing out on Nik Ehlers 1 spot before my pick.

then Brasky hurt me again in round 8 when he took Trocheck 2 spots before my pick.

those stood out, but there wasn't a lot of talent dropping throughout so nice job everybody.

Got a few questions:

What are the lineup-submission rules and timing? When are waivers? How is waiver priority determined?

round 5, I briefly went on tilt after missing out on Nik Ehlers 1 spot before my pick.

then Brasky hurt me again in round 8 when he took Trocheck 2 spots before my pick.

those stood out, but there wasn't a lot of talent dropping throughout so nice job everybody.
Pulock and Dahlin were both annoying because I needed D pretty bad but when you went Larkin and DrD went Bob I was so rattled I auto picked before I could click Allen.  woof

Got a few questions:

What are the lineup-submission rules and timing? When are waivers? How is waiver priority determined?
lineups can be changed daily, right up until start time for every player on your roster. you get 82 starts per spot in the starting lineup to use throughout the season.

waivers run overnight each night. rolling waiver order so when you pick somebody up on waivers, you go to the back of the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulock and Dahlin were both annoying because I needed D pretty bad but when you went Larkin and DrD went Bob I was so rattled I auto picked before I could click Allen.  woof
I punted D completely. Pulock was my first one taken in round 13.

wound up with Pulock, Toews, Dahlin, Hanifin, Pesce. :oldunsure:

lineups can be changed daily, right up until start time for every player on your roster. you get 82 starts per spot in the starting lineup to use throughout the season.

waivers run overnight each night. rolling waiver order so when you pick somebody up on waivers, you go to the back of the line.
Ok, thanks. And how does IR work in terms of going on and off?

Ok, thanks. And how does IR work in terms of going on and off?
we have 5 IR+ spots. if someone is eligible, they can be put in one of those spots and it creates an opening on your roster.

if you have a player on IR that gets healthy, you won't be able to make any other roster moves until you activate or release the player.

I choked on taking Trocheck a pick before Brasky ... got spooked by him being on IR and ended up taking Burns (and Norris a few picks earlier).

In a shocking development, my goalers still stink.

RD1 - got who we wanted, Vas.

RD2 - wanted Huberdau, Rude took him.  We hate the Hawks, so passed on DeBrink and took Zibanjad.

RD3 - took Max P.  from Vegas. Was tossing around Shesterkin at G #2 for us, but he went 2 picks before.

RD4 - totally sniped on K.Connor on pick before. Took Barzal.  Didn't want two C's in top 4 picks, but WTH. Also wanted to start our D with Theodore or Chychrun in RD 5, and they went 4.2 and 4.3.  Off to punting D like we did last year....

RD 5 - We wanted Ehlers here, but 5 of the next 10 picks after Barzal were G's, so we wanted a solid starter here for 50+ games and took Grubauer, whom we were targeting rd 6.

RD 6 - S.Reinhart -  very happy to get him here. Could be one of our best values. 

RD 7 - N.Suzuki - another target we wanted here. Liked Necas, Fiala here also.

RD 8 - J.Robertson - Needed a LW here and another of our target picks.Was hoping Perron would last, but he went too late at 8.1.

RD 9 - M.Weegar -  Our first D.  Would rather have at #2 D. Solid in all cats.

RD10 - S.Girard - was hoping Klingberg would last to get some PPP. Girard like Weegar is solid. Also interested in A.Martinez on the pick after this, but we went ahead of our pick here.

RD11 - T.Toffoli - 28-16-44 in 56 games last year. With Suzuki this year.  love this pick. Passed on Zegras because this was a much better pick here.

RD12 - MComtois - Braskyhole sniped Zegras five picks before ours. My son bet me $200 he would last til our pick here. LOL.  This will be another huge value pick. Zegras is going to go 20-40 and Comtois 30-30. They play incredibly well together. Drieger G was the next pick. We wanted him next.

RD13 - T.Stuetzle - we were 13.6.  Sniped big on CGarland at 13.4 and Batherson at 13.1 here. Really disappointed we didn't get one of those guys.

RD14 - JG Pageau - like the pick ok, but sniped on J.Er-Ek, Keller, Gurianov and Dubois in this round.

RD15 - Josh Anderson - another target pick. Should get 25 goals and a lot of hits.

RD 16 - Adin Hill - he's starting.. that's about it.

RD17 -  Adam Larson - hits and blocks were needed here.

RD 18 - A.Gogigoski.  We suck at D.

RD 19 - B.Elliott .  We were going to take him last, but we didn't know we were up and he was top pick in our queue. LOL. Actually worked better for us here. Just in case Vas goes down.

RD20 - Josh Bailey. Went pr most points and PPP left. Wanted C.Stephenson bad here but he went five picks earlier.

RD 21 - Mike Reilly - possible 40 assists here. Safe pick. 

RD22 - D.Brown.  you could do worse here in Rd 22. Decent G, PPP, shots, hits for this late.

My team is immensely old and boring but I think there were some really great old boring values (Toews, Seguin, Perron, Giroux). D will be very good to great. Goalies will be fine. 

Fargin' Iceholes

1.(4)Nikita Kucherov (TB - RW) - considered Miko Rantanen briefly

2.(27)Sidney Crosby (Pit - C) - I think Sid misses the 1st two games.  If so this is pretty good value

3.(34)Igor Shesterkin (NYR - G) - had him as the 5th G/took him as the 5th G 🤷‍♂️

4.(57)Morgan Rielly (Tor - D) - D flying off the board between this pick and my last ...

5.(64)Charlie McAvoy (Bos - D) ... think these 2 are ok.  With 15 teams you're not going to get everything you want

6.(87)Alexander Radulov (Dal - LW,RW) - double sniped just beforehand (Reinhart, Knight) and grabbed without much thought

7.(94)Sam Bennett (Fla - C,LW) - had him just a few spots lower than Reinhart so ok with this

8.(117)Elvis Merzlikins (Cls - G) - needed a 2nd G and thought I could get the CLS tandem (big win 😜)

9.(124)Tony DeAngelo (Car - D) - he's a POS but hopefully he is there for the season

10.(147)Andre Burakovsky (Col - LW,RW) - someone in draft chat said "SOD", can't disagree

11.(154)Viktor Arvidsson (LA - LW,RW) - I think I did very well in picks 10 - 17 ...

12.(177)Carter Verhaeghe (Fla - C,LW)

13.(184)Conor Garland (Van - LW,RW)

14.(207)Tyler Johnson (Chi - C,RW)

15.(214)Filip Hronek (Det - D) ... with possible exception of this pick

16.(237)Jordan Eberle (Sea - RW)

17.(244)Rickard Rakell (Anh - LW,RW)

18.(267)Joonas Korpisalo (Cls - G) 

19.(274)Yegor Sharangovich (NJ - LW,RW)

20.(297)Mikko Koskinen (Edm - G)

21.(304)Noah Dobson (NYI - D) 

22.(327)Jordan Kyrou (StL - C,RW) - Getz sniped (if that's even possible in the 22nd) Brown here 2 picks before

Came into the draft with the intent of having a very solid Defenseman and Goalie set, and make do on Forwards.  Think I did just the opposite.

the draft went so fast i really couldn’t want players nor figure out who was going where.  i knew that this year i wanted to not be scrambling for hits and blocks, so i may have went for guys that don’t score as much, but will help in those areas.  just tried to find a good combo.  last year i felt i went d too soon and tried to wait a bit on lower tier guys that won’t kill me.  the d men are going to be the bit hits and blocks guys, get some shots and hope for pp action.  i didn’t sweat plus minus, but was wary of sabres and wings.  28 guys between mcdavid and my next pick is a long time.  but a moron tkachuk can’t hurt.  i didn’t want to carry more than 3 goalers, so grabbing petersen seemed a fit at the time.  i really wanted saros, but campbell and binnington seem to have the bulk of the action on good teams.  i figure 150 games from the goalers.  last 3 picks are interchangeable.  let’s see what drysdale does.  podzolkin might be a hitter on a decent canucks squad.  i really wanted mo seider, but i just fear a minus 30.

also, drafting near thorn helped.  i quickly learned he was targeting guys on LTIR, so i had to make sure he didn’t snipe me on a guy that would miss 70 games this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fargin' Iceholes

1.(4)Nikita Kucherov (TB - RW) - considered Miko Rantanen briefly

2.(27)Sidney Crosby (Pit - C) - I think Sid misses the 1st two games.  If so this is pretty good value

3.(34)Igor Shesterkin (NYR - G) - had him as the 5th G/took him as the 5th G 🤷‍♂️

4.(57)Morgan Rielly (Tor - D) - D flying off the board between this pick and my last ...

5.(64)Charlie McAvoy (Bos - D) ... think these 2 are ok.  With 15 teams you're not going to get everything you want

6.(87)Alexander Radulov (Dal - LW,RW) - double sniped just beforehand (Reinhart, Knight) and grabbed without much thought

7.(94)Sam Bennett (Fla - C,LW) - had him just a few spots lower than Reinhart so ok with this

8.(117)Elvis Merzlikins (Cls - G) - needed a 2nd G and thought I could get the CLS tandem (big win 😜)

9.(124)Tony DeAngelo (Car - D) - he's a POS but hopefully he is there for the season

10.(147)Andre Burakovsky (Col - LW,RW) - someone in draft chat said "SOD", can't disagree

11.(154)Viktor Arvidsson (LA - LW,RW) - I think I did very well in picks 10 - 17 ...

12.(177)Carter Verhaeghe (Fla - C,LW)

13.(184)Conor Garland (Van - LW,RW)

14.(207)Tyler Johnson (Chi - C,RW)

15.(214)Filip Hronek (Det - D) ... with possible exception of this pick

16.(237)Jordan Eberle (Sea - RW)

17.(244)Rickard Rakell (Anh - LW,RW)

18.(267)Joonas Korpisalo (Cls - G) 

19.(274)Yegor Sharangovich (NJ - LW,RW)

20.(297)Mikko Koskinen (Edm - G)

21.(304)Noah Dobson (NYI - D) 

22.(327)Jordan Kyrou (StL - C,RW) - Getz sniped (if that's even possible in the 22nd) Brown here 2 picks before

Came into the draft with the intent of having a very solid Defenseman and Goalie set, and make do on Forwards.  Think I did just the opposite.
Lol at Brown.   We actually got sniped in that round also.  We wanted Bratt.  I was like wtf.

My goalie that was ranked 100 overall by yahoo's xperts is now going to be crushing it in the AHL.  Cavy strong there.

Users who are viewing this thread