What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Final Week of the Regular Season IDP Info/Comments/News/Recommendations (2 Viewers)

By who? He’s more likely a 2 down guy and you don’t pay $10M for one of those.  He can be released before the March bonus so I expect if anything he’s renegotiated for less if that’s what you mean.
Titans writers and radio had him covering the TE and freeing up Byard and Cosell did not disagree.

McNair talked a good while about being given too much responsibility in Hou this year and how he'll do a lot better in a system with a well defined role.

You seem very negative and that's interesting. I haven't watched him much this year but many many times over the years. I like a differing viewpoint.

The Titans are in an awful cap situation with 25 or so free agents and not enough to sign them. I expect everyone gets a renegotiate plea from the team.

I think Zach has end of season and playoffs to earn his money. It's not fair, he has a career that should matter, but he'll probably be judged on his Titan production

I didn't feel good about his production either after coming off an extended absence due to injury but 0 pts is an indication of a player being out and he wasn't out.

:confused:   Not sure what you mean. Not sure how we could have been more clear with our words in the Player In The News that we indicated he was going to be available to play. 

*** Friday Update *** DE Marcus Davenport (NO) partially participated in Friday's practice but is not on the team's injury report. He will be available to play this week.

Our FBG Consensus, which is our official stance, had him projected for 3 points before the game when we do all our adjusting with actives and inactives. https://www.footballguys.com/projections/inseason?pos=de&who=996&profile=i&week=14

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, like I said I wasn't starting him but like all other players with a 0 projection, that indicates they aren't playing. He should have had a 2-8 point projection on Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Yes, like I said I wasn't starting him but like all other players with a 0 projection, that indicates they aren't playing. He should have had a 2-8 point projection on Thursday or Friday at the latest.

I'm sorry but that's not what it indicates. I'm not sure how we could have been more clear:

*** Friday Update *** DE Marcus Davenport (NO) partially participated in Friday's practice but is not on the team's injury report. He will be available to play this week.

We project him for how many points we think he'll score. 

Obviously, not everyone will agree. But we predict what we think will happen. 

Yes, that's how I take it. When a starter is projected for 0 points, I assume the projectors believe he is out. I just can't see projecting a starter for 0 points when they thing he is playing. Anyway, I'm moving on. Thanks for the replies.

This thread has kind of been used for that type of discussion.  It's not the sole purpose of this thread but this is kind of a catchall for things happening in the current week.  I think it has worked well for some discussion but has tapered off (which is typical as seasons go on and people lose interest in their teams etc).

Thanks @Gally I think it's great if you want to keep updating the title of this thread each week and we can keep it all here. Super helpful.

Thanks. 

Anybody see Grugier-Hill's injury?  I take full responsibility as I was able to pick him up and put him in my lineup so of course he only plays half a game and gets injured.  Just wondering if it is long term or just a nick.  

Gally said:
Anybody see Grugier-Hill's injury?  I take full responsibility as I was able to pick him up and put him in my lineup so of course he only plays half a game and gets injured.  Just wondering if it is long term or just a nick.  
He was carted off for a non contact injury. Didn’t look good. Was grabbing the front of the knee. Speculation on the broadcast was patella tendon issue (was more of a stop than a cut from what it looked). Not a doctor but guessing the worst on this one. 

Blurb on MFL just hit for KGH:

(RotoWire) The Texans placed Grugier-Hill (knee) on the reserve/COVID-19 list Monday.

Analysis: Grugier-Hill's status for Sunday's game in Jacksonville was already iffy after he sprained his knee in the Week 14 loss to Seattle, so his placement on the reserve/COVID-19 list will present another obstacle he'll have to overcome in order to avoid an absence. The linebacker has been a tackling machine since Houston's Week 10 bye, racking up 45 stops to go along with two sacks and an interception over the team's past four contests.

Dude is a season winner at his current clip. Hopefully he returns after my bye week. #humblebrag

Sorry I haven't been as active as I should be in here, I do appreciate the work everyone puts in on the IDP front! I know we shouldn't pee in the shark pool but given there is a very small group of contributors here I figured I try my luck - I am facing a heck of a dilemma this week:

NGAKOUE vs a very depleted Cle OL (there is the risk of another postponement or cancellation which also needs to be considered). 

or

OGBAH vs a terrible Jets OL

My thoughts initially were Ngakoue given the COVID issues with Cleveland and possibly facing Mullens, plus he has been hotter recently with sacks, but he also only has been sacks so its a bit of boom or bust.

Ogbah is much the same with the Boom or bust but can get more run support and tackle production. 

I'm still leaning Ngakoue, but who do you think will be the better option this week?

NGAKOUE vs a very depleted Cle OL (there is the risk of another postponement or cancellation which also needs to be considered). 

or

OGBAH vs a terrible Jets OL
Normally I would say lean Ngakoue but they are close. That said, I would go Ogbah just because I’m not trusting anything happening on the 3 games moved at this point. Cleveland could get multiple players back pregame and it could get moved again (unlikely). Get your scores on the board if they are fairly equivalent options. 

Evans and Cunningham are locked in as the early down LBs, Brown replaces both on passing downs. 75% 73% 27%.

After Zach got his 4th tackle with 10 mins left in the 2nd qtr i thought he was in for a big game....little did i know that would be his last tackle on the night.

Evans and Cunningham are locked in as the early down LBs, Brown replaces both on passing downs. 75% 73% 27%.

After Zach got his 4th tackle with 10 mins left in the 2nd qtr i thought he was in for a big game....little did i know that would be his last tackle on the night.
I just have no idea what they'll do next season when everyone's healthy.  Maybe Long and Cunningham, kind of like Dallas's turnover this season where the highly paid guys get demoted?

Some injury news…

Josh Allen (Jax), Akeem Hicks, Nick Bolton, Devin Bush, and Demario Davis all added to Covid list. 

Lavonte David and Landon Collins to IR. JPP is doubtful. Joey Bosa and John Johnson are out.

Yea, sorry man, sounds like he had some Covid or illness symptoms and the timing didn’t allow him to get tested so was inactivated for the game.

Yea, sorry man, sounds like he had some Covid or illness symptoms and the timing didn’t allow him to get tested so was inactivated for the game.
Thanks.
Luckily my opponent only scored about 2/3 of their season average and I won pretty easily. They also took a 0 at LB withn Kwon Alexander 

I'm having a hard time figuring out if Deablo should be kept over the offseason on dynasty rosters.  It seems like he could be on the Keanu Neal path to IDP obscurity... or maybe the Thomas Davis path to IDP relevance.

There are three CBs ranked in the top 10 that are projected to have 0 points by projector DT. These players are Antonio Hamilton, Javelin Guidry, and Carlton Davis.

There are three CBs ranked in the top 10 that are projected to have 0 points by projector DT. These players are Antonio Hamilton, Javelin Guidry, and Carlton Davis.
Thanks. I know Darin has another update where he'll go through today and make adjustments.

UFFLCommish said:

Thanks for the heads-up that these guys were not showing up.  Just a simple database error that's been fixed.

Just curious, though, where are you seeing these guys ranked in the top 10?  

Logan Wilson is back and without an injury designation after practicing in full all week. I don't know if I can chance him this week in the Championship as I have depth but others may not have that luxury. Pratt went on the COVID list so its a clear start for Wilson on the Cincy D this week. 

What are people's thoughts on starting Grugier-Hill?  Coming off Covid and a knee injury.  Worth the risk?

Logan Wilson is back and without an injury designation after practicing in full all week. I don't know if I can chance him this week in the Championship as I have depth but others may not have that luxury. Pratt went on the COVID list so its a clear start for Wilson on the Cincy D this week. 
Pratt was activated from the COVID list today. So, my worry is Wilson coming back from injury and Pratt coming back from COVID end up splitting snaps. 
I’m debating about starting Jerome Baker MIA over both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread