What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Year-end Song Draft - Playlist in post #1 (1 Viewer)

Lou likes to go on walks now so I was able to finish the 181 song playlist.  I skipped most of my own selections so it took less than the 11 hrs 40 minutes.

When I hit the end of the last song, Spotify autoplayed a song by a band that was on my shortlist so I'll take that as corporate authorization to add them as a bonus pick

Silver Synthetic - Out of the Darkness

Thanks to everybody who contributed to the playlist.  It's a nice souvenir of the year in music.

late additions...

11- Šibensko Powerhouse- JOHN (TIMESTWO)

I've liked these guys straight along, even if I want the lead singer to clear his throat. This one, they're sounding more IDLES than IDLES.

12- Alexa!- The Cool Greenhouse

This song will always make me think of Covid- huge earworm for me this year, and relevant for being housebound.

Like a few others apparently,  I listened to far less new music over the latter half of 2021. My list is a bit thin but I love this song. 

1a. Queens - Aeon Station

3/5ths of the Wrens finally released a new record. The Meadowlands is one of my favorite albums.

It’s not quite the same without Bissell but it’s a pretty good album and sounds a lot like the Wrens to me. 
This album came out so late in the year I nearly missed it but damn it's good. 

Having had a few weeks to parse through this playlist multiple times I feel I've gotten a good feel for what's available.  Thanks to everyone who participated!  I just went through and tossed out some "Likes" to those songs that made my "Thumbs Up" playlist.

Special thanks to the following suggestions as they turned out to be more than just great songs, but also great albums.

2. Halsey - The Lighthouse

This song is frightening but that's why I've listened to it a bunch. 
15. Squistion - Ayron Jones - Mercy

https://youtu.be/wB593WIQ674

There is still a place for lead guitarists among today's generation of music artists. Ayron Jones is out of the Seattle rock scene and has drawn Jimi Hendrix comparisons

I also feel compelled to provide one more song to the Playlist.  Just stumbled across this song a couple of weeks ago and really enjoy it.  Pissed chicks + juvenile vulgarity = WIN in my book.

GAYLE - abcdefu

J

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the playlist here. This rules. There’s a lot here I love.
You're welcome. It would have been nice to have been invited to the draft by the OP after the contributions I had made to the thread...but, whatever.

You're welcome. It would have been nice to have been invited to the draft by the OP after the contributions I had made to the thread...but, whatever.

<checks to see whether OP was NV or me>

Sorry for last year

These drafts are always my favorites in terms of discovery. There's so much unheard music these days.

@squistion Consider yourself invited to take part in the 2023 year-end draft next January. Appreciate your contributions to the New Music thread.

<checks to see whether OP was NV or me>

Sorry for last year

These drafts are always my favorites in terms of discovery. There's so much unheard music these days.

@squistion Consider yourself invited to take part in the 2023 year-end draft next January. Appreciate your contributions to the New Music thread.

Thank you, appreciate that.

Users who are viewing this thread