What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 Battle for Shining Path's Cup - Col Jessup Hugs the Cup! (1 Viewer)

Fellas we have the stupid bug in our home, I started getting symptoms today. Completely wiped. Even so, the absolute latest I should be able to check in tomorrow would be 11 AM central. We're far enough away I'd rather not send a list, but since we're so close to being done I'm asking if you can grant me the grace to make my picks when I am able tomorrow, assuming it gets to me.

Heading to bed. Take care out there.
We had it recently, hope you miss it. We can wait.

Nope, it hit both my wife and now me. HARD. Assuming the vax actually does reduce symptoms, I can't imagine how bad I'd feel without that.

Regardless, I'll be able to pick in a timely fashion.

Fellas we have the stupid bug in our home, I started getting symptoms today. Completely wiped. Even so, the absolute latest I should be able to check in tomorrow would be 11 AM central. We're far enough away I'd rather not send a list, but since we're so close to being done I'm asking if you can grant me the grace to make my picks when I am able tomorrow, assuming it gets to me.

Heading to bed. Take care out there.
We had it recently, hope you miss it. We can wait.

Nope, it hit both my wife and now me. HARD. Assuming the vax actually does reduce symptoms, I can't imagine how bad I'd feel without that.

Regardless, I'll be able to pick in a timely fashion.
Sorry bud. My wife said the same, she was vaxxed and said “Not sure who said this was a mild variant, worst illness I’ve ever had “.

Hope y’all feel better soon.

I’ll be in meetings. Please use the 2 hour clock. At this point please give people a defense if they don’t have one but don’t give anyone a 2nd D. Still use FBG DD.

Thanks all! I’ll input the rosters tonight (presuming we’re done) and the. Open up free agency. Looking forward to another fun year!

I’m in a meeting. Can someone see if @higgins needs a def?

@rockaction I think you are after him, when his 2 hours are up you can give him whatever DD says.

I should be out of my meeting during the time window for me to make a pick.

OK all, the rosters have been input. PLEEEEAAASSSE, look over your roster to make sure I input it correctly. Had one situation with Rachaad White where I added him to one team, then couldn't add him to the real team that drafted him, so I had to correct it after I submitted the draft.

First game on Thursday so get your lineups in! Good luck all!

Oh, I missed where facook actually has COVID because I was posting from my phone.

Geez, facook, get well, GB. I hope to see you on the mend soon.

Last edited:
Oh, I missed where facook actually has COVID because I was posting from my phone.

Geez, facook, get well soon soon, GB. I hope to see you on the mend soon.

Thanks GB. Yeah wife had symptoms Saturday, tested + Sunday. Yesterday WHAM a truck ran me over.

If I could just shake the fever so I could sleep well.

So is there a Cliff Notes version of the history of this league? I've been around for awhile and have seen this league for years, but never knew it's history.

I'm glad to be a part of it. I don't play many redraft leagues any more so I'm looking forward to it. Plus I don't believe I have ever been in a league with anyone here, so new challenges are always fun.

Good luck to all.

So is there a Cliff Notes version of the history of this league? I've been around for awhile and have seen this league for years, but never knew it's history.

I'm glad to be a part of it. I don't play many redraft leagues any more so I'm looking forward to it. Plus I don't believe I have ever been in a league with anyone here, so new challenges are always fun.

Good luck to all.
I’m at work but will try to write something tonight. This is my only redraft league as well and really enjoy the company.

Good luck to all.
I was part of either the original or second draft -- it was originally called the FFA Varsity League.

@Andy Dufresne started the league in the year of our Lord [I don't remember]. It was re-named Shining Path's Cup in honor of a beloved fallen past member. Other than AD, Shiny, and some current participants, the only ones I remember from back in the day were Y23F, Nigel Tufnel, Johns Madden's Lunchbox, perhaps Henry Ford, and one of Truck's aliai? I'm forgetting many.

I know JML was in it for a while because I won it a year that was sandwiched between 2 JML wins <-- I gagged as I typed that unable to keep from thinking of being sandwiched between 2 JML avatars

I'll let others fill in more blanks....

I am pretty sure I won an early Varsity League, but did not participate for many years once it became SPC. Not for any reason other than busyness.

First, let me commend @Memphis Foundry and @Joe Bryant on the new board, because the search function is SOOO much better. I was able to find our Shining Path drafts back to 2013, and will put them in one of the first few posts. I searched FFA Varsity League, which I also played in, but could only find references to it but no actual drafts. I'm going to go through and list people who have played at least one season as well.

@higgins gave a good writeup. Just a bunch of people who don't know each other on the internet, playing in a redraft league for no money, but everyone really wants to win. @Andy Dufresne made a great call to rename it in honor of a great guy, and I liked our idea this year of naming our divisions after other fallen friends. Here are the links to the other threads:

2019, 2020, 2021

I think it's awesome that I'm asking "Who's Truck?" and thinking that somehow Truck became Good Posting Judge from my deeper dive into that, Good Posting Judge also being no longer really a commenter here (sadly). There's a lot of history on this board.

Users who are viewing this thread