What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 Battle for Shining Path's Cup - Col Jessup Hugs the Cup! (1 Viewer)

Well, I hope you are right @Chaos34 . In something I am really loathe to do, I'm going to double up on Cowboys. With my luck, they may only win 3 games this year.

3.02 CeeDee Lamb

@rockaction
Well as feared, I've cursed the Cowboys.

@Keerock @rockaction @Truebluey put up some big numbers this week. Actually just noticed that @neal cassady still has 2 players left and if they hit their yahoo projection, will actually beat Truebluey
This was done by a higher power than you long before this draft. See also: Detroit Lions

I don't want to jinx it, so hopefully this isn't bragging. Lamar Jackson is just fun to watch play. I've never had him on a fantasy team, and have really always wanted to (drafts never fell right). Glad I finally pulled the trigger, because he's really the only bright spot I was able to take from my involvement in this week's match (sitting Christian Kirk and Rashod Bateman appear to have been big mistakes glossed over by Lamar's performance).

Nice stuff.

I faced Waddle and TB D in all but 1 of my leagues this week, and Chubb in all but 2. Needless to say it had not been a good fantasy week for me. Looks like I'll only need 130ish from the Monday games to best @Nathan R. Jessep
I wouldn't be shocked if you pulled it off :lol: I FINALLY had a solid week from everyone on my roster. Was long overdue.
Me pulling it off gives "me" way too much credit 😏

Big fan of Singletary and Moss running the ball tonight. A Tennessee shut out would be ideal in multiple leagues.

I don't want to jinx it, so hopefully this isn't bragging. Lamar Jackson is just fun to watch play. I've never had him on a fantasy team, and have really always wanted to (drafts never fell right). Glad I finally pulled the trigger, because he's really the only bright spot I was able to take from my involvement in this week's match (sitting Christian Kirk and Rashod Bateman appear to have been big mistakes glossed over by Lamar's performance).

Nice stuff.

He's my guy in my dynasty league. When he came out, I allowed myself to be swayed by Michael Lombardi that LJ would end up being the best qb in that draft by a lot. Passed up on Baker and Rosen and Darnold to draft Jackson in the 2nd round. I wasn't feeling too good at the end of his rookie year, but man that '19 MVP year was a magic carpet ride...especially because I took him late as my redraft guy as well. One of the few things Lombardi has ever been correct on. :D Most money I've ever won in one FF Year. Enjoy him man, he's special as long as he's healthy.

I faced Waddle and TB D in all but 1 of my leagues this week, and Chubb in all but 2. Needless to say it had not been a good fantasy week for me. Looks like I'll only need 130ish from the Monday games to best @Nathan R. Jessep
I wouldn't be shocked if you pulled it off :lol: I FINALLY had a solid week from everyone on my roster. Was long overdue.

Wow, did that ever come close. That was ridiculous.

IKR?!? Brown punked me.

WHEW! I tried to tell ya. I've been on the losing end of too many of these situations.

OK, these incredibly close matchups need to stop. Not good for the old ticker . A 0.4 loss last week, 3 pt win this week.

Next week I want a blowout. Decision doesn't matter.

OK, these incredibly close matchups need to stop. Not good for the old ticker . A 0.4 loss last week, 3 pt win this week.

Next week I want a blowout. Decision doesn't matter.
I can accommodate. Please put in all your backups.

This is officially getting ridiculous. Yet another matchup decided by less than 3 points. I can't remember any season in any league where I had 3 such close games to begin the season.
The funny thing is I LOST when my team performed best, and won two when my team did worse.

Oh my, @higgins

That was close. One point separated us, and Davante Adams's slight bobble on third-and-one and then subsequent collision with Renfrow on the fourth-and-one gave me the win. They had to review the catch, and the collision was just bad luck for the Raiders.

My team is a paper tiger, though, the more I look at it. I don't like Kirk as WR2 and my backup running backs aren't so solid. I think I chose a fragile build, really. It'll catch up in time.

Oh my, @higgins

That was close. One point separated us, and Davante Adams's slight bobble on third-and-one and then subsequent collision with Renfrow on the fourth-and-one gave me the win. They had to review the catch, and the collision was just bad luck for the Raiders.

My team is a paper tiger, though, the more I look at it. I don't like Kirk as WR2 and my backup running backs aren't so solid. I think I chose a fragile build, really. It'll catch up in time.
You're just trying to make me feel better since my team's 1-4. It didn't work....bah...

You're just trying to make me feel better since my team's 1-4. It didn't work....bah...

Not really. I was saying that I stink because I know how fleeting success is. If it makes you feel any better (I'm sure it won't), I'm 0-5 in Summerpalooza with a dead-end, injured team with no quarterback. In fact, I was saying the other day that through five games, I have twenty points total from my quarterbacks. That's true, even if it seems impossible. Lance, Fields, Trubisky, Bridgewater have combined for that output. Truly appalling.

I'm trying to create a waiver claim for tonight in Yahoo (something I've done a million times) and I keep getting the error code:
Error #245
Frustrating. Anyone have a suggestion? Gotta get some sleep, so I can't keep messing with this.

I'm trying to create a waiver claim for tonight in Yahoo (something I've done a million times) and I keep getting the error code:
Error #245
Frustrating. Anyone have a suggestion? Gotta get some sleep, so I can't keep messing with this.
I'll check, I did one earlier with no problem

I successfully created one (and then deleted it). I bet you are trying to pickup a player that you dropped within the last week. If so, you can't put a waiver on him, you have to let him clear waivers.

@Truebluey

That's a yahoo rule by the way, not something the commish (me) did.

I bet you are trying to pickup a player that you dropped within the last week.

This is happening to me. It gives you the reason for the rule, though. Perhaps it is indeed that reason Truebluey can't pick somebody up, but it will usually tell you in print under the reasoning.

Just figured I could chime in here.

Yes, it's a player I owned previously, but I dropped him several weeks ago, so that can't be it, can it?
I found a website that talked about it, once he cleared waivers once you should have been able to pick him up. I think everyone should be a free agent now so there should be no reason you couldn't pick him up now if he's still there.

Uh oh. Looks like me and @neal cassady have a crazy issue. He beat me by a point, but they're not counting Devonta Smith's fumble at the end of the game into the score at Yahoo!

I don't know if it will come out in the stat corrections, but he's being credited with a fumble, and I should technically win.

LOLOLOLOL.

Now that's the ball bouncing crazily. It's been talked about on multiple sites, but Yahoo hasn't corrected it yet. They should.

Uh oh. Looks like me and @neal cassady have a crazy issue. He beat me by a point, but they're not counting Devonta Smith's fumble at the end of the game into the score at Yahoo!

I don't know if it will come out in the stat corrections, but he's being credited with a fumble, and I should technically win.

LOLOLOLOL.

Now that's the ball bouncing crazily. It's been talked about on multiple sites, but Yahoo hasn't corrected it yet. They should.

Thanks for the heads up! I’m sure they will fix it..good win. (y)

Thanks for the heads up! I’m sure they will fix it..good win. (y)

Thanks, man.

Thanks for acting with graciousness. You caught a really bad beat, and this is easily the best post I've read in a while about or regarding fantasy football.

Peace.

P.S. THEY DID COUNT THE FUMBLE. YOU STILL WIN! I spoke too soon. It's in the summary.

Great win, cassady. Further to the playoffs you go.

So are the playoffs not starting this week? Should we still be taking care of our lineups this week?
Yeah I thought the playoffs would start but I guess the default is next week with the added week in the NFL. We will still finish a week before the last regular season game.

Looks like I sneaked/snuck into the #1 seed 💪
Wow, we will have 5 10-5 teams and only 4 make the playoffs. I'm not sure how they seeding works or even this playoff tiebreaker. Time to look up Yahoo's playoffs. We know Chunga is in as the only 10-5 in his division and Kee is confident he is in.

I think I win the @wikkidpissah division over @Nathan R. Jessep due to Divsion winning pct (4-1) vs (3-2). I think @Keerock wins the @randall146 over @rockaction due to Rock only have 4 division games (4-1 vs. 3-1). Pretty terrible Yahoo doesn't have balanced division games on by default. I think @Nathan R. Jessep will win the wildcard via total fantasy points scored.

Here's where I am reading that, I just used the default Yahoo stuff for everything on setup. Thanks for a very fun and really competitive year. Good luck to all those in the playoffs!

Hey Corp, I hate to say it, but I don't think there are division winners. I checked the settings. I think -- think -- it's overall record.

I assume I'm also the one out since I have least points scored among the five teams that went 10-5.

I'll still tune in, but allow me to congratulate all the playoff teams and to say thank you to the guys that stuck with it even when they were out of contention. That makes a good league.

Best to you all.

By the way, my information may be incorrect. I just don't think they'd run divisions like that with an unbalanced schedule.

Playoffs:​
4 teams - Week 16 and 17 (ends Monday, Jan 2)
Playoff Tie-Breaker:​
Higher seed wins
Playoff Reseeding:​
No
Divisions:​
Yes (3 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options:​
All teams seeded according to overall standings

That is so weird. I assumed when I input divisions that it would automatically move to that.

Excellent job on everyone staying active. I got thumped by the team that was in 11th place going into today. No one punted, and no one with a really awful record. 10-5 best to 5-10 worst is parity on par with the NFL.

Good luck to all!

Congratulations @Nathan R. Jessep!

You had a great season and well deserved title. Thanks to Corporation for accepting me in to the league.
Technically, I don't think it's over yet. Yahoo seems to indicate they are waiting on official status on the game. If it's ruled as postponed, they will retroactively adjust the Week 17 score. If it goes down as a No Contest, I guess the score now is final. That would suck, but is what it is. I think it may depend on what happens this week (Week 18). If there are playoff implications by the Week 17 CIN-BUF matchup after the week 18 games, I think they have to play it.

Congrats @Nathan R. Jessep ! A very fun season that had a weird ending due to the sad situation with Damar (thankful he headed home today)!

Thanks to all for a drama free season! It was a super competitive league all year and everyone stayed active. Hope everyone joins again next year and maybe we can pull our old friend @Andy Dufresne out of retirement.

@Joe Bryant - We have a winner, our hug loving colonel! Thanks again for offering the subscription for the winner, very cool thing of you!

Awesome, I forgot all about that from Joe B.! Even better! Enjoyed mixing it up with you fellas this year. In one other league I had Tee in, I went from winning to losing when they zeroed out that MNF score. Had just enough of a cushion in this one. I think it would have been down to the wire with the CIN-BUF game in there.

And big thanks to you, @Corporation, for running the show for us!

Last edited:
Awesome, I forgot all about that from Joe B.! Even better! Enjoyed mixing it up with you fellas this year. In one other league I had Tee in, I went from winning to losing when they zeroed out that MNF score. Had just enough of a cushion in this one. I think it would have been down to the wire with the CIN-BUF game in there.

And big thanks to you, @Corporation, for running the show for us!

Great.Please shoot me a PM if you haven't already with the email address you want to use for the subscription. @Corporation can you please remind me of what I promised here and we'll get it going.

Users who are viewing this thread