What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph doing Steph things last night...

That game last night makes you think they could go on another playoff run. Another early exit for Denver would not be good.

They gotta get Wiggins and GP2 playing again to have a chance for that
According to CBS they don't expect Wiggins back this year.
Has there been any info as to what exactly is going on with him?

It is a very serious family issue. That is all I have seen.

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Ja Morant is receiving counseling in Florida and remains without a timeline for return.
On March 8, it was reported that Morant would miss at least four more games as he attended to personal issues. While he was cleared of any criminal wrongdoing in connection with his displaying a gun during an Instagram Live video while in a Glendale, CO strip club, there is more work to be done before the All-Star guard is back on the court. He is without a timeline for return, which means Tyus Jones will be a key player for fantasy managers looking to make a run in their league playoffs.

Another ESPN source doesn't think he will play again this year.

Funny stuff. C’s losing to Houston and magically there are literally 5 straight fouls called against the rockets between 2:39
And 40 seconds left in the game. Officiating is so hard to ever take seriously

Funny stuff. C’s losing to Houston and magically there are literally 5 straight fouls called against the rockets between 2:39
And 40 seconds left in the game. Officiating is so hard to ever take seriously

Tatum is so inconsistent. Had to laugh at that missed layup to send it to OT. Couldn't imagine a contender losing to Houston especially without their best player (Sengun).

What kind of counseling could they be making Ja do? He made some poor choices -- that means he needs counseling?
That's what counseling is for.

"Waiving guns around is bad . . . mmmmk"
And beating up teenagers and threatening retail employees and mall security guards and pointing a gun at the opposing team bus and having such an issue with late night escapades that the team essentially had an intervention the day before he flashed a gun on Instagram at a strip club. All of these issues likely directly cost him $40m...

Counseling could mean a lot of things, but I think it's clear that he needs some help to make good decisions. A lot of the discourse around him has been exclusively about waving a gun on Instagram and just being a young guy making some bad decisions - threatening somebody with a gun multiple times and beating somebody so bad that they went to the hospital is not run of the mill dumb young person stuff.

Richard Jefferson is a major tool.
i dont know if i would call him a tool he seems like he has a good enough heart but he just doesnt do it for me as an announcer give me reggie miller any day of the week take that to the bank brohans

Acts as though he's the sole source of basketball knowledge

He's usually wrong
I'll admit I like his shtick in some settings, but last night was pretty bad/awkward in the booth.

Richard Jefferson is a major tool.
i dont know if i would call him a tool he seems like he has a good enough heart but he just doesnt do it for me as an announcer give me reggie miller any day of the week take that to the bank brohans

Acts as though he's the sole source of basketball knowledge

He's usually wrong
I'll admit I like his shtick in some settings, but last night was pretty bad/awkward in the booth.
i mean he just sort of seems like a nerd to me like no way that guy has ever worked on a car or built a cabinet take that to the bank brohans

What kind of counseling could they be making Ja do? He made some poor choices -- that means he needs counseling?
Don't think about this like Ja is laying down on a couch with some old white dude in a tweed jacket trying to analyze him as I am pretty sure it is not that type of counseling.

My guess is that they are having Ja talk in depth with any of an endless list of athletes who made bad choices that eventually hurt their career or even destroyed their lives.

Don't think about this like Ja is laying down on a couch with some old white dude in a tweed jacket trying to analyze him as I am pretty sure it is not that type of counseling.

My guess is that they are having Ja talk in depth with any of an endless list of athletes who made bad choices that eventually hurt their career or even destroyed their lives.

He might talk to former athletes but it seems incredibly likely that he will talk to a mental health professional. That’s quite common in sports today.

Ja meeting with the nba players association today. One of my co-workers just saw him downstairs
I think he is meeting with Silver, not the players association

Looks like that's what woj is reporting. I just know he was at the players association offices (they're downstairs in my building).

It's possible he met with the PA first to get his ducks in a row before going over to meet with Silver.

Or silver came over here for the meeting.

Looks like he gets 8 games, per Shams. He has already missed 5

That seems very liberal to put it nicely.
Seriously, the NBA went soft here. Dude should be out for 25+ games.
They couldn’t prove that he brought the gun on the plane or that it was actually his gun. 25+ sounds ridiculous for just waiving a gun around in a state where it is legal to do so.

They couldn’t prove that he brought the gun on the plane or that it was actually his gun. 25+ sounds ridiculous for just waiving a gun around in a state where it is legal to do so.

I understand it isn't illegal, but this is where the NBA should have said "This is our league and it is a privilege to be apart of it in any capacity. We respect everyone's right to own a gun, but we will not allow anyone affiliated with our league to do so in a irresponsible and careless manner" and then handed out 20 plus games.

but black guys with guns are scary

That is offensive to everyone. Anyone waiving a gun around is scary.

I understand it isn't illegal, but this is where the NBA should have said "This is our league and it is a privilege to be apart of it in any capacity. We respect everyone's right to own a gun, but we will not allow anyone affiliated with our league to do so in a irresponsible and careless manner" and then handed out 20 plus games.
Delonte West was detained after he cut off a police car on the Capital Beltway while speeding on his three-wheel motorcycle. Officers found two loaded handguns, a shotgun, and a Bowie knife on his person.

All that **** was illegal. He pled guilty. The NBA suspended him for 10 games.

This IS the NBA.

The league can behave like it's 19th century Wimbledon over here, but that video, by itself, is no big deal.

I think most likely the NBA is going to say to him, in so many words, get your crew under control, if we hear one more gangsta-lite story, it's gonna cost you millions. We don't need you, you need us.

Delonte West was detained after he cut off a police car on the Capital Beltway while speeding on his three-wheel motorcycle. Officers found two loaded handguns, a shotgun, and a Bowie knife on his person.

phew, i thought you were going to say that happened today

that poor ****ing guy

His suspension should have been longer. I honestly don't remember that story, but was there leniency because of his mental illness and he plead guilty?

His suspension should have been longer. I honestly don't remember that story, but was there leniency because of his mental illness and he plead guilty?

Heard it was LeBron's mom who helped get him off easy.

If I'm the Sixers or C's, I'm tanking to that 3 spot. Nets are a hilariously easy 1st round matchup (assuming they stick there, of course).

If I'm the Sixers or C's, I'm tanking to that 3 spot. Nets are a hilariously easy 1st round matchup (assuming they stick there, of course).

That never works out how we think it will. Everyone was dying to get the number 1 spot two years ago and the Hawks took out the 76ers, last year everyone had to avoid the Nets and then the Celtics swept them.

Jokic's MVP odds have tanked after this losing streak. Almost neck and neck with him and Embid +100 to +150. Giannis looking like a good bet at +300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread