What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The computers spit out Boston at something like 30%, 33% to come back and win the Series down 0-3 today
Considering that the lifetime record of teams down three games to none is 0-149
That seemed like a fairly decent shot for them to come all the way back down 0-3.

I don't think Boston had a lot of good options after the Udoka "scandal" and fallout. I think they wanted some continuity and the players gave it the stamp of approval.
As noted, Will Hardy was ready and a great option, but he left Boston for his shot just before this opportunity opened up. Even with him gone, the Celtics still a good option on their bench with experience and the respect of the players - Damon Stoudamire.

If the Celtics wanted, or felt they had to promote from within due to the timing, they should have gone with Stoudamire. Maybe they'd be in the exact same spot, but he would have had a lot more support and buy in from the players than Mazzula has.

I wish LeBron would have guarded Jokic for a full game. That would have been fun to watch. Would be curious how that works out for Jokic and Denver….
We know Jokic wouldn't have been on the line much, but LeBron would have had no legs left by halftime.

...and how dare you disrespect Tristan Thompson!! 😁 and Mo Bamba? lol
Did you notice the Tito Horford sighting tonight????

really think the work Drew Hanlan has done with Tatum and Embiid in the off-season has come off a little under-rated. Both of their games have really looked better from a shooting perspective (my completely amatuer opinion thinks)

If the Celtics want to finish this game out and make this series interesting they need to take a page from Miami's playbook. Let Tatum be your Butler and everyone else plays with in the flow of the game. Brown is too inconsistent right now to be relied on as a go to scorer.

The pressure when Miami returns for Game 6 at home...
have to think Miami will try their best to end it in game 5. if it goes to game 6 Boston will have quite a bit of momentum and probably hitting their shots pretty good. will make it a dangerous series if it gets to 6

has to drive Boston fans crazy that Tatum waits until game 4 to put on a game like this. If he puts this effort in in any of the games 1-3 you would think this would be a 2-2- series

Boston finally showing some grit. Will be interesting to see if they can finish this game out.
will also be interesting if this changes the Boston media blaming the whole series loss on Mazzulo

Just saw this and I have to disagree in a big way...Mazzulla is not getting any love but neither are the players or the organization for putting Mazzula into this position...I really can't think of anyone who is getting a pass for what happened in those first three games.

Did they fire Mazzula because he is 0 - 3 and 1 against the Heat with a tie because the league won game 4 because they didn't want the series to end?

Figured this could happen. Miami up by 6 at half and thinking they are cruising as they push back every celtic challenge in the first half. Then, of course, things go off the rails for the Heat and the Celts hit everything (miami did close to within 5 but law of averages said that 3 games with double didgit defecits you aren't going to win all three). Caleb said it best "nothing comes easy for us, so we just have to work harder". Should be interesting tomorrow.

Several teams have come back from a 3-1 deficit. :coffee:

(full disclosure, I stole that from Twitter)

YAYYYY!!!

My team didn't lose 4 games in a row!
The odds maker's think the Heat will lose 4 in a row.
They do? In other words, they're offering the Celtics to win the series at -110 or worse?

I highly doubt that.

ETA: If not obvious, there's a significant statistical difference between favoring the Celtics in each game versus for the entire series.

Heat are -275 to win the series
That makes much more sense.
Click bait on my part. The Heat will not be favored in any remaining game.
That makes sense. Game 5 is at home in BOS so of course they are favored. And if they win that game, well, momentum and all, I imagine BOS would even be favored in MIA. And ********it if they win game 6 and head back home for game 7?

I think BOS loses game 5 at home though. Jimmy Butler has a great 4th quarter and pulls it out for his team

YAYYYY!!!

No, they don't. Heat are -280; Celtics are +220 to win the series.

He is going game by game instead of series. Assuming the Celtics win tomorrow the Heat would be a slight underdog in game 6, and if the Celtics won again they would be a massive dog in game 7.

The series odds reflect the odds that the Celtics win all 3 games in a row. +220 on a 3 leg parlay is pretty bad odds.

Jimmy Butler told Reddick that he could invest in big face coffee for like 15 million while he sold it out of his hotel room during the bubble. Jimmy made like 6 grand selling it. I don't know why, but that makes me laugh.

YAYYYY!!!

He is going game by game instead of series. Assuming the Celtics win tomorrow the Heat would be a slight underdog in game 6, and if the Celtics won again they would be a massive dog in game 7.

The series odds reflect the odds that the Celtics win all 3 games in a row. +220 on a 3 leg parlay is pretty bad odds.

With all the talk how it’s never been done it seems eerily inevitable.

YAYYYY!!!

Do you really think I didn’t know all of that? Not sure why you’re trying to explain how gambling works. He made an incorrect statement. The odds makers clearly do not think the Heat would lose 4 in a row - he’s looking at it wrong going by the game lines. Games we may not even get to.

YAYYYY!!!

With all the talk how it’s never been done it seems eerily inevitable.
If it were ever to happen, this would be it. This year's playoffs have been wacky. 7 & 8 seeds to the conf finals? And the fact that it's an 8 seed up on a 2 seed. Usually....probably every other time?....this scenario has happened, it's the higher seed ahead. It's ripe for some history.

Although with Brogdon now confirmed, and Jaylen still rumored to be injured, Boston's gonna have to be extra sharp.

YAYYYY!!!

Do you really think I didn’t know all of that? Not sure why you’re trying to explain how gambling works. He made an incorrect statement. The odds makers clearly do not think the Heat would lose 4 in a row - he’s looking at it wrong going by the game lines. Games we may not even get to.

How the hell do I know what you do and don't know? I was just explaining his side. I didn't say whether it was right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread