What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so in as inflammatory hot take rhetoric as possible what are we thinking for the green guys and butlers ballers tonight take that to the bank brochachos

so in as inflammatory hot take rhetoric as possible what are we thinking for the green guys and butlers ballers tonight take that to the bank brochachos

Fun fact - the Celtics are below .500 from home over the last two postseasons.

I'm pulling HARD for the Heat as I think they have an absolutely abysmal matchup with the Nuggets.

I'm pulling HARD for the Heat as I think they have an absolutely abysmal matchup with the Nuggets.
The matchup should be interesting, but one thing Miami (and Boston) have that Denver doesn't is championship experience. I want Miami to close this out tonight and we will go from there.

Gabe Vincent out tonight with an ankle sprain. Has been playing great this postseason, saving him for game 6?
Probably. Gabe has been great and the heat roster keeps getting thinner, but it makes sense (like they did with Jimmy vs the Knicks) to just "go for it" tonight and rest him up for game 6 in Miami of we get there.

No disrespect to the Heat but IMO the biggest Denver advantage in that matchup will be simply having home court

No disrespect to the Heat but IMO the biggest Denver advantage in that matchup will be simply having home court
so you are saying denver is too hot for the heat bam that is a dad joke and i just crushed you with years and years of dad joke experience take that to the bank bromigo

Posting a documentary I had not seen yet about Luc Longley. About an hour, available on Youtube. I thought it was pretty good especially about how some people are cast into the spotlight that don't wanna be there

How things are playing out this year reminds me of the 1999 NBA season. Especially if the Nuggets eventually defeat the Heat in The Finals. 👀

-That year San Antonio was the top team in the West but many doubted they could win it all (see Denver this season). The 99' Spurs became the first ABA team to win a title and did so by knocking off the #8 Knicks team in The Finals. Denver would become the 2nd ABA franchise to win a title by knocking off the #8 Heat team in The Finals.

Other similarities:
-The MVP voting was very close, between 3 bigs (Karl Malone won, over Alonzo Mourning & Tim Duncan in '99 - Joel Embiid won, over Jokic & Giannis in 23'). Also, a member of the Sabonis family received a vote both seasons (Arvydas in '99, Domantas in '23).

-In the West in 99' & 23' (for Frosty) the T'Wolves were the #8 seed, won a game, and lost to the eventual champions, the Kings were happy to be there and lost in the first round, and the Lakers pulled off an upset before then facing the eventual champion themselves and promptly being swept.

-In the East in 99' & 23' the Bucks were eliminated in the 1st round while the 76ers advanced. Philly lost in the next round to the team many expected to make the Finals, but didn't (in 99' that was the Pacers, in '23 it was the Celtics). A Heat/Knicks playoff matchup grabbed a lot of headlines both years as well.

-(for Alex P. Keaton) Tim Hardway was very disappointed with how his team finished. Tim Sr's UTEP-2-Step was sent packing in the 99' first round after being one of the top teams in the East. Tim Jr's '23 season ended when the Mavs traded for Kyrie after being one of the top teams in the West the season before.

-Many top players played around 50 games in both seasons (it was strike shortened to 50 games in '99). 😋

-In the draft lottery, the team with the 3rd best odds won the 1st overall pick (Bulls in 99' - Carlos Boozer, Spurs in '23 - Webenyama) while the Charlotte Hornets hopped up into the top 3 both years.

-The Washington Wizards played to make the playoffs both seasons despite having a crap team. Yes they failed in both 99' & '23 to make the playoffs, and of course they failed to move up in the lottery, thus maintaining their status in NBA purgatory even longer.

-Crazily, Gregg Popovich coached that 99' Spurs team (lead by Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Sean Elliott, and Avery Johnson) and is still doing so in '23. The bench players on that squad included Steve Kerr (GSW head coach and Arizona Wildcats legend), Jerome Kersey (who finally got a ring after being on such talented Blazers teams for years), Will Perdue (for fans of big, white players), Andrew Gaze (in Australia at least), and Jaren Jackson (yes, 23' Defensive player of Year JJJ's father)

Some day current Nuggets bench players like Zeke Nnaji (Arizona Wildcats baller), DeAndre Jordan (who could finally get a ring after being on such talented Clippers teams for years), Vlatko Cancar (for fans of big, white players) and Jack White (in Australia at least) can also appreciate their shout-outs from NBA nerds. If one of the other bench players on the 23' Nuggets could father a future NBA Defensive Player of the Year ... this circle will someday be complete. 😁

id like to point out that on febuary 4 1990 a day that will live in infamy randy breuer dropped 40 against the warriors take that to the bank brohans
In looking at the boxscore of that game, he looks to have done his damage against the elite lockdown tandem of Manute Bol and Jim Petersen.

id like to point out that on febuary 4 1990 a day that will live in infamy randy breuer dropped 40 against the warriors take that to the bank brohans
In looking at the boxscore of that game, he looks to have done his damage against the elite lockdown tandem of Manute Bol and Jim Petersen.
I'd like to add the legend Randy Breuer has his number retired from the Golden Gophers and is hanging in the rafters.

i would care about breuers number retirement except in this thread we dont even acknowledge minnesota as a state just an area of land that should be bulldozed into a giant bass fishin hole take that to the bank brohan

I was born in that area of land...

Explains so much, bromigo

• Laughing
Reactions: SWC
Gabe Vincent out tonight with an ankle sprain. Has been playing great this postseason, saving him for game 6?
Pretty crazy all the injuries the Heat have right now. Almost as crazy as how healthy the Celtics have remained. Will be a heck of a feat for the Heat tonight.

Boston with some nice energy and attack to start the game. I like Miami trying to get Bam more involved here—but it does feel like a bit of a forced action. I like Bam being more dominant within the flow of the offense. I’m not so sure that force feeding him is what they should be doing.

I hope the Celtics force game 7 and then get blown out at home
Without Herro, Oladipo, and possibly Martin, 2 blowouts by Boston are more likely. It could really be Butler and a bunch of scrubs the next 2 games. Well, Bam will provide good defense but his offense has been Jeckly & Hyde the last few months.

i would care about breuers number retirement except in this thread we dont even acknowledge minnesota as a state just an area of land that should be bulldozed into a giant bass fishin hole take that to the bank brohan
If it weren't for your cheese and New Glarus beer Wisconsin would have been freely given to Canada years ago. I assume Wisconsinites are aware of this but they are all probably still out on the roads driving below the speed limit in the left hand lanes so maybe not.

If it weren't for your cheese and New Glarus beer Wisconsin would have been freely given to Canada years ago. I assume Wisconsinites are aware of this but they are all probably still out on the roads driving below the speed limit in the left hand lanes so maybe not

So overrated

. It could really be Butler and a bunch of scrubs the next 2 games.
I mean, what has it been for the entirety of the playoffs? Just because they hit a hot streak doesn’t mean they are good.

Ironically Miami is going through this with their hockey team too. Horrible goalie on an all-time playoff heater.

If it weren't for your cheese and New Glarus beer Wisconsin would have been freely given to Canada years ago. I assume Wisconsinites are aware of this but they are all probably still out on the roads driving below the speed limit in the left hand lanes so maybe not

So overrated
you busy around 3 today?

got any bike racks nearby?

bring your fellas. no nut shots. shake hands when it's over.

So overrated
Eh, it's pretty damn good...
I have found, like many other things, it's better the harder it is to get. Now that I live right on the border and can get New Glarus in about 20 minutes round trip, I don't like it as much as I did when it was a special treat.

Will the opinion on Spolestra change if the C’s can somehow pull off the miracle comeback? The opinion on Spolestra has never been higher when they were up 3-0. He was being touted as the best coach in the league, which he may still be. But if they blow this 3-0 lead (first time ever, right?) does he become a topic of “What a failure”?

Will the opinion on Spolestra change if the C’s can somehow pull off the miracle comeback? The opinion on Spolestra has never been higher when they were up 3-0. He was being touted as the best coach in the league, which he may still be. But if they blow this 3-0 lead (first time ever, right?) does he become a topic of “What a failure”?

It probably will, but it shouldn't. The Heat were a quarter away from not even making the playoffs. They have overachieved this season and despite what the talking heads and fans want to say the regular season does matter. What you do during the regular season is who you are like 98 percent of the time in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread