What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the opinion on Spolestra change if the C’s can somehow pull off the miracle comeback? The opinion on Spolestra has never been higher when they were up 3-0. He was being touted as the best coach in the league, which he may still be. But if they blow this 3-0 lead (first time ever, right?) does he become a topic of “What a failure”?
No

If it weren't for your cheese and New Glarus beer Wisconsin would have been freely given to Canada years ago. I assume Wisconsinites are aware of this but they are all probably still out on the roads driving below the speed limit in the left hand lanes so maybe not

So overrated
Eh, it's pretty damn good...
I have found, like many other things, it's better the harder it is to get. Now that I live right on the border and can get New Glarus in about 20 minutes round trip, I don't like it as much as I did when it was a special treat.
This. It is a fine beer. Nothing special though

If it weren't for your cheese and New Glarus beer Wisconsin would have been freely given to Canada years ago. I assume Wisconsinites are aware of this but they are all probably still out on the roads driving below the speed limit in the left hand lanes so maybe not

So overrated
I have found, like many other things, it's better the harder it is to get. Now that I live right on the border and can get New Glarus in about 20 minutes round trip, I don't like it as much as I did when it was a special treat.
Congrats on living that close to the better side of the border. :)

• Love
Reactions: SWC
Will the opinion on Spolestra change if the C’s can somehow pull off the miracle comeback? The opinion on Spolestra has never been higher when they were up 3-0. He was being touted as the best coach in the league, which he may still be. But if they blow this 3-0 lead (first time ever, right?) does he become a topic of “What a failure”?
doubt it changes his overall status with most considering how long his body of work is.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC

So overrated
This. It is a fine beer. Nothing special though
i dont drink after my gripper but i was never a big fan when i still was too sugary for me take that to the bank brohans

doubt it changes his overall status with most considering how long his body of work is.

And it is not just the full resume imo. Any, even casual, fan can see the massive gap in talent between the two teams. Then throw in the injuries to the Heat and even if they "blow" this, getting to 7 games was still an impressive accomplishment.

5th all time playoff wins

at this point i'm rooting for the Celtics if only to hear the incredible takes from fans praising Mazzulla for being a great coach

Don't forget about 76er fans who were glad they lost in the 2nd because it was embarrassing the way the series was going and it helped get their coach fired.

at this point i'm rooting for the Celtics if only to hear the incredible takes from fans praising Mazzulla for being a great coach

Don't forget about 76er fans who were glad they lost in the 2nd because it was embarrassing the way the series was going and it helped get their coach fired.
Miami fans were just as bad. They didn't want to fire coach Spo but most wanted Miami to lose the play-in game vs Chicago just 6 weeks ago for the 0.5% chance to get Wenbanyama. Go Nuggets!

Miami fans were just as bad. They didn't want to fire coach Spo but most wanted Miami to lose the play-in game vs Chicago just 6 weeks ago for the 0.5% chance to get Wenbanyama. Go Nuggets!

A little different as an 8 seed in the NBA compared to the 3rd seed about to go to the conference finals.

i'm totally on board with firing coaches on a game by game basis

hire a new guy, he starts the year 0-3... hot seat. go 3-7 in your first 10? fired. next. there isn't room for losing in sports.
Can you imagine how many coaches the Wolves would have had?

CAN YOU? CAN YOU IMAGINE?????
Maybe they would have won some more after the GM showed a few coaches that he meant business

i'm totally on board with firing coaches on a game by game basis

hire a new guy, he starts the year 0-3... hot seat. go 3-7 in your first 10? fired. next. there isn't room for losing in sports.
Can you imagine how many coaches the Wolves would have had?

CAN YOU? CAN YOU IMAGINE?????
Maybe they would have won some more after the GM showed a few coaches that he meant business
there's no room for this namby pamby nonsense of tolerating a losing culture. you lose 1 or two, fine, but consider yourself warned.

Who ever said that?

Scroll back through the thread. I don't remember who, but it was said.
It was ONE person and it was more along the lines of "That sucks we lost but maybe this could work out better for us" . Looking for a silver-lining doesn't happen often in Philly, let it happen.

Nurse pulled out of the Bucks race and they hired Griffin instead.

I'm assuming Nick already has a handshake deal with Phoenix or Philly.

>>Jokic said he watched only the first quarter of Game 5 of the Heat-Celtics series and wasn’t sure if he would watch Game 6 on Saturday. He said beating the Lakers in the Western Conference finals didn’t produce the emotional high he expected: “I thought it would be a bigger feeling to be honest. I didn’t celebrate.”

The Heat lost both regular-season matchups against the Nikola Jokic-led Nuggets and has struggled against Denver in recent years. The Heat has dropped six straight games and 11 of its previous 13 meetings against the Nuggets dating back to the 2016-17 season.<<

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article275845151.html#storylink=cpy

Referee Eric Lewis is being investigated for some kind of impropriety though I’m not totally sure what
Perhaps it was when MIA scored in a game and he dropped his head upset about it. There is video of it. Pretty sure it was of Butler hitting a shot at the end of game 2. They also found a twitter burner account of his. not sure what is in that

Last edited:
Referee Eric Lewis is being investigated for some kind of impropriety though I’m not totally sure what
Perhaps it was when MIA scored in a game and he dropped his head upset about it. There is video of it. Pretty sure it was of Butler hitting a shot at the end of game 2. They also found a twitter burner account of his. not sure what is in that
Here is the clip

Boston did an incredible job withstanding the "Storm" tonight, home court has not made a shred of difference tonight.
Miami should have jumped all over the Celtics and that hasn't happened.
Time to start at least discussing what 1-150 might look like
Miami looks like they have no punch right now

20 points from Martin and Vincent
Agree with Reggie Miller that both Bam and especially Jimmy need to make their presence felt
I don't see Jimmy Butler doing anything he did in the 1st 3 games vs Boston
M-I-A

1st team to drop 4 in a row after winning the first 3
They look terrible and have for several games now
All that bravado was excellent but they can't win the 4th
Boston has been rolling since the start of Game 4
ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING
Heat have quit for whatever reason

Same thing Game 4, Game 5, Game 6

Lowry is stealing a paycheck right now.
He hasn't hit a shot in like 2 years here
Lot of energy and leadership, cannot make shots
Repeat, Kyle cannot make a shot

He had like 18 points in game one or two. They wouldn't have won without him.
Bam just took out JB on his own team, whatever we want to point out, the wheels are fully off right now as @identikit posted
This Series is about Over and Boston is having the last laugh
It's do or die for Miami, Game 7 is a farce for them after being up 3-0
How many teams that went 0-150 made it to Game 7?
My guess is few, very very few

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread