What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was Grant Hill or Jaylen Rose If not it was another former player analysis I saw a comment on Facebook on Udoka situation. Said there's way more he's heard on this not made public and once it is, Udoka will never be coaching anywhere again. I'm interested in what else happened here. I haven't followed specifics other then cheated on his wife with a staff member. Don't really look at reports as a lot of stuff right now in these things is he said she said nothing concrete.

I think it was Grant Hill or Jaylen Rose If not it was another former player analysis I saw a comment on Facebook on Udoka situation. Said there's way more he's heard on this not made public and once it is, Udoka will never be coaching anywhere again. I'm interested in what else happened here. I haven't followed specifics other then cheated on his wife with a staff member. Don't really look at reports as a lot of stuff right now in these things is he said she said nothing concrete.
Matt Barnes said something like this. No more details have been reported anywhere that I am aware of.

it has to be something pretty wild for the investigation to have 320 witnesses and for the Celtics to suspend him for the year.

ESPN Sources: The Oklahoma City Thunder are trading Derrick Favors, Ty Jerome, Moe Harkless, Theo Maledon and a 2025 second-round pick via Atlanta to the Houston Rockets for David Nwaba, Sterling Brown, Trey Burke and Marquese Chriss.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1575651435823628288
this came directly on the heels of the massive deal to acquire Harkless and that 2025 2nd for Vit Krejci. Presti always moving and shaking!

Matt Barnes said something like this. No more details have been reported anywhere that I am aware of.

it has to be something pretty wild for the investigation to have 320 witnesses and for the Celtics to suspend him for the year.

No idea if true or not, but read something yesterday that he was caught pleasuring himself (and finishing) multiple times in the Celtics locker room.

No idea if true or not, but read something yesterday that he was caught pleasuring himself (and finishing) multiple times in the Celtics locker room.
:lmao:

I mean, you walk into that locker room and what’s the first thing that immediately pops into your mind? Well Larry Bird, obviously. So can’t really fault the guy if this rumor is true. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Larry Legend is a looker.

His pleas with the team to finish strong all season now have a new meaning.

His pleas with the team to finish strong all season now have a new meaning.
So does “leave it all out on the floor.”

worked with a guy who got caught.... uhh.... pleasuring himself at work. except he did it while standing behind a girl and he.. uhh... finished on her hair.

was friend's with the guy's boss. dude had to be fired. in a corporate environment it comes with some steps, including a sitdown with HR, etc.

said it was easily the most awkward conversation of his life to that point.

worked with a guy who got caught.... uhh.... pleasuring himself at work. except he did it while standing behind a girl and he.. uhh... finished on her hair.

was friend's with the guy's boss. dude had to be fired. in a corporate environment it comes with some steps, including a sitdown with HR, etc.

said it was easily the most awkward conversation of his life to that point.
Sticky situation.
:-):love::sneaky:🍌😓🙂:cry:🦴:excited::pickle:😅🙇‍♀️🙆‍♀️🙋‍♀️🤷‍♂️:ptts::argue::angry::hot:🗣️👋🚌✂️💇‍♀️👩‍🦲

Last edited:

Placement of the closing parenthesis crucial here to tell whether I’m horrified or impressed

Suns just lost by 10 to the Adelaide 36ers despite being almost 30 point favorites.

The vibes there right now aren’t the best I’ve ever seen.

I hear these things and I just wonder: did he have a harem thing going on? Sleep with the wives of players or fellow coaches or Brad Stevens? Confounding.

NBA League Pass price is a lot cheaper this season. $99/season (commercials/one device) or $129/season (commercial-free/2 devices). And includes NBA TV (y)

What is it for just one team this year? I did the month per month with Chi last year. Didn't always work at first but got better by DEC

NBA League Pass price is a lot cheaper this season. $99/season (commercials/one device) or $129/season (commercial-free/2 devices). And includes NBA TV (y)
What advantage would commercial free give you? I mean during breaks in the action is there anything to see anyway?
i wouldn't say you are really missing anything, but they show the in-stadium "entertainment" which i guess is basically a feed from the jumbotron. which can be comical in a cringey way sometimes. There are certain halftime acts that seem to go around the country, like this dude who balances all these ladders on his chin and a trick chihuahua.

but i'm not sure what the real downside of commercials would be.

What advantage would commercial free give you? I mean during breaks in the action is there anything to see anyway?
i wouldn't say you are really missing anything, but they show the in-stadium "entertainment" which i guess is basically a feed from the jumbotron. which can be comical in a cringey way sometimes. There are certain halftime acts that seem to go around the country, like this dude who balances all these ladders on his chin and a trick chihuahua.

but i'm not sure what the real downside of commercials would be.
I mean I find the downside of commercials to be that they're far more annoying to me than the in-stadium cams. If only because commercial volume is always much higher and blasts you.

And it’s the same three commercials over and over. That is a great price though. If my favorite team were interested in playing basketball I’d get it.

I've seen a ton of places ripping Tatum for not showing up in the Finals, that he doesn't have the killer gene, that the Celtics won't get this far again, etc. He certainly did not play his best. However, not many people have considered that he is still a puppy in terms of basketball years. He just finished his age 23 season. For comparison, here's how many playoff games other notables had logged through their age 23 season: Lebron - 46, KD - 43, Duncan - 26, Giannis - 19, Klay - 19, Jordan - 10, Curry - 0.

Tatum has now played in 74 playoff games. In his 5 seasons, the C's advanced to the finals once and the ECF's two other times. Time will tell if he has already peaked, if he can't play better, or if he is just another guy in crunch time. But he's got way more playoff experience than many other players that went on to win titles.
He's a really nice player, but he's not THAT GUY. :shrug:
His biggest issue is he is self absorbed in the court. He wants to be Kobe, and he tries to play selfish like him. If he could ever learn to make his teammates better, he would be deadly. He's a much better shooter then Kobe ever was ironically.

On a Celtic side note, I am excited to have Joe M as coach. We both played at the same neighborhood gym growing up. I'm alot older, but my BIL knows him pretty well. Cool local story. We need Time Lord healthy, and still need a backup big swatter on top of that. We won't get out of the east without addressing that imo.

I've seen a ton of places ripping Tatum for not showing up in the Finals, that he doesn't have the killer gene, that the Celtics won't get this far again, etc. He certainly did not play his best. However, not many people have considered that he is still a puppy in terms of basketball years. He just finished his age 23 season. For comparison, here's how many playoff games other notables had logged through their age 23 season: Lebron - 46, KD - 43, Duncan - 26, Giannis - 19, Klay - 19, Jordan - 10, Curry - 0.

Tatum has now played in 74 playoff games. In his 5 seasons, the C's advanced to the finals once and the ECF's two other times. Time will tell if he has already peaked, if he can't play better, or if he is just another guy in crunch time. But he's got way more playoff experience than many other players that went on to win titles.
He's a really nice player, but he's not THAT GUY. :shrug:
His biggest issue is he is self absorbed in the court. He wants to be Kobe, and he tries to play selfish like him. If he could ever learn to make his teammates better, he would be deadly. He's a much better shooter then Kobe ever was ironically.

On a Celtic side note, I am excited to have Joe M as coach. We both played at the same neighborhood gym growing up. I'm alot older, but my BIL knows him pretty well. Cool local story. We need Time Lord healthy, and still need a backup big swatter on top of that. We won't get out of the east without addressing that imo.
Tatum and Kobe had pretty similar Year 5 seasons . . .

Tatum 26.9 / 8.0 / 4.4 / 1.0 / 0.6 with +7 net rating
Kobe 28.5 / 5.9 / 5.0 / 1.7 / 0.6 with a +7 net rating (Bryant took almost 2 more shots per game)

Tatum's numbers have gone up in each category every year. Pretty much what Kobe's did in the early going. IMO, it's tough to compare Kobe in his prime to Tatum still developing.

IMO, the biggest issue with Boston and Tatum is they have been feeding him the ball in crunch time expecting him to be the entire offense. Tatum usually will just dribble out the shot clock and then chuck a three pointer. No passing, no ball movement, no anything. Tatum doesn't even try to get to the rim or draw fouls. They need someone else to be able to score late in games. On the rare occasion when he kicked the ball out to someone like Smart, Smart had no problem taking the open shot . . . and usually bricked with the game on the line.

Marcus Smart bricks threes, yes. But he's mostly super clutch in crunch time.
Boston was 5 points better per 100 possessions in the playoffs last year when Smart wasn't playing. He also had a horrific stretch in the regular season when he missed 20-30 shots in a row in the last few minutes of games. He has games where he's great shooting . . . but he has far too many games where he keeps shooting and missing. He needs to shoot when he's hot and distribute more when he's not. But as of this point he hasn't really operated like that.

Marcus Smart bricks threes, yes. But he's mostly super clutch in crunch time.
Boston was 5 points better per 100 possessions in the playoffs last year when Smart wasn't playing. He also had a horrific stretch in the regular season when he missed 20-30 shots in a row in the last few minutes of games. He has games where he's great shooting . . . but he has far too many games where he keeps shooting and missing. He needs to shoot when he's hot and distribute more when he's not. But as of this point he hasn't really operated like that.
Smart literally cannot tell when he's hot and when he isn't. In addition to the entire concept of being "hot" as a shooter has been debunked.

Whoa, per Shams, Draymond and Poole got into a fight at Warriors practice today and Green May face disciplinary action.
It's being reported that Draymond was taking offense to Poole preening around about how his contract extension had been going while Green is still waiting for his new max contact to materialize.

Whoa, per Shams, Draymond and Poole got into a fight at Warriors practice today and Green May face disciplinary action.
... while Green is still waiting for his new max contact to materialize.
If that is true then the biggest part of this story is Green is currently suffering from mental illness.

He's a 32yo 7/7/7 guy making $26mil. The NBA salary structures make no sense to me at all. Was Green even one of the top 10 reasons the Warriors won the title?

If that is true then the biggest part of this story is Green is currently suffering from mental illness.

He's a 32yo 7/7/7 guy making $26mil. The NBA salary structures make no sense to me at all. Was Green even one of the top 10 reasons the Warriors won the title?
yes.

while a large next contract will come with a good deal of risk for GSW, 7/7/7 doesn't even come close to explaining his value. His defense in the finals was a key reason why they won and his defensive aptitude and playmaking are still one of the keys to any future Warriors' success.

:coffee:
Zion has shed the extra weight. Team insiders are reporting he is in the best shape he has been in since entering the NBA. So excited for this season!
there was a side by side of his Media Day 2021 and 2022 photos posted online yesterday (SI.com, maybe??)

he is noticeably thinner. his face isn't chubby. he looks significantly leaner.

we'll see if that means anything in terms of his ability to stay on the court, but he is definitely in better shape.

yes.

while a large next contract will come with a good deal of risk for GSW, 7/7/7 doesn't even come close to explaining his value. His defense in the finals was a key reason why they won and his defensive aptitude and playmaking are still one of the keys to any future Warriors' success.
Saw them play the Heat in January. It was obvious that he was the QB on both ends of the floor.

:coffee:
Zion has shed the extra weight. Team insiders are reporting he is in the best shape he has been in since entering the NBA. So excited for this season!
there was a side by side of his Media Day 2021 and 2022 photos posted online yesterday (SI.com, maybe??)

he is noticeably thinner. his face isn't chubby. he looks significantly leaner.

we'll see if that means anything in terms of his ability to stay on the court, but he is definitely in better shape.

I'm hoping we finally get to see what a healthy Zion looks like for an entire season. If not, he could enter Greg Oden territory.

Draymond getting a little too brazen in his old age. Lashing out like a wounded animal. A guy rapidly on the decline and he knows it.

Hope they hit him hard with their "punishment", but not expecting much.

Last edited:
Smart literally cannot tell when he's hot and when he isn't. In addition to the entire concept of being "hot" as a shooter has been debunked.
Maybe over multiple games, but in a single game it is a very real phenomenon.
Not according to statistical analysis
Not sure I get this. Steph Curry goes 11-13 from three in a game. Pretty sure that's "hot".
No, it’s a small sample size

This was true, but there have been some additional recent studies that suggest otherwise. The data that the prior studies was based on was relatively simple and more recent studies have tried to account for more variables and reach some different conclusions

This was true, but there have been some additional recent studies that suggest otherwise. The data that the prior studies was based on was relatively simple and more recent studies have tried to account for more variables and reach some different conclusions
Cool. Would love to read the latest studies as a guy who loves stats and actual basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread