What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild.

According to The Athletic's Shams Charania, the NBA and NBPA are in the process of finalizing the "In Season Tournament" concept.​

The tournament would involve Cup games through November, with eight teams advancing to December for single elimination matches. Charania notes that the games will be part of the NBA's regular 82-game schedule with the two finalists each playing one extra game.
It’s a great concept when you consider all they’re really doing is being flexible with the schedule a little bit. It creates excitement for in-season games at no real cost.

So are they just not going to have the schedule set for the second half of the season until after December?

Wild.

According to The Athletic's Shams Charania, the NBA and NBPA are in the process of finalizing the "In Season Tournament" concept.​

The tournament would involve Cup games through November, with eight teams advancing to December for single elimination matches. Charania notes that the games will be part of the NBA's regular 82-game schedule with the two finalists each playing one extra game.
It’s a great concept when you consider all they’re really doing is being flexible with the schedule a little bit. It creates excitement for in-season games at no real cost.

So are they just not going to have the schedule set for the second half of the season until after December?
I personally don’t know - but my guess is they have some holes in the schedule that can get filled in when they set up the playoffs. They’ll then just count those tournament games as regular season games against those teams.

Fresh off his dominating performance for Germany in the euros, Dennis Schroeder signs with the Lakers on a 1 year deal.

Lakers magical offseason continues.

Fresh off his dominating performance for Germany in the euros, Dennis Schroeder signs with the Lakers on a 1 year deal.

Lakers magical offseason continues.
That's a lot of guards on the roster now. Westbrook, Beverly, Schroeder at PG, Seems like another move needs to be made.

In the not-surprising-but-why-did-the-Celtics-wait-3-months-category, Rob Williams needs knee surgery and will miss 4-6 weeks. LINK
If it's 8 weeks, that's probably the first 6 games of the regular season.

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell ya, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, cause I’ve worked for a lot of teams, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Pistons are finalizing a trade to acquire 6-7 forward Bojan Bogdanovic from the Utah Jazz for center Kelly Olynyk and guard Saben Lee.
--
I don't really understand this deal for the Jazz. There don't seem to be any picks with it. So ... what do the Jazz gain?

Good deal for the Pistons.

According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Pistons are finalizing a trade to acquire 6-7 forward Bojan Bogdanovic from the Utah Jazz for center Kelly Olynyk and guard Saben Lee.
--
I don't really understand this deal for the Jazz. There don't seem to be any picks with it. So ... what do the Jazz gain?

Olynyk is basically an expiring deal (guaranteed $3M next year) and Saben Lee is just 23 years old who has a team option next year. That's all I got. Pretty uninspiring.

So....Gallinari injury, Rob Will late surgery and Ime suspension....

Boston having a hell of a run here. Not even gonna wait for the Finals run hangover to kick in, just submarine it now before a game is played.

--

what is going on in Utah?

--

Olynyk is basically an expiring deal (guaranteed $3M next year) and Saben Lee is just 23 years old who has a team option next year. That's all I got. Pretty uninspiring.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

Good interview on the latest JJ Reddick podcast with Ben Simmons. i know tons have enjoyed throwing hate at the guy, and glad to see Ben has a good mindset now and looks to be ready for the season:

I don't think this really shows him in any better light.

--

what is going on in Utah?

My guess is a lot of missionary position with the lights off.

Seems like there is a negotiation going on between Udoka & the Cs
There was speculation today on Boston sports talk that at this point, Udoka is trying to get fired to 1) get paid for his whole contract, and 2) end up as coach of the Nets. He apparently has refused to resign . . . so at this point is waiting for the C's to get rid of him or suspend him. Lots of guesswork in there.

--

Yeah, all of Ainge’s buddies in the media have been saying Bojan was going to fetch an unprotected 1st no problem. Interesting to see his real value (and he’s probably the most valuable of the Jazz guys on the block with Clarkson, Beasley, Conley).

--

Pistons might not be a bottom 4 team this year . . .

there is a large piece of the story still missing I think. What we have is only Udoka's side. Woj specifically mentioning the word "consenting" only comes from his side, there would be no reason for the Celts to leak that piece.

It also makes very little sense to be suspended for an entire season for breaking a team's code of conduct for a consenting affair with a subordinate. As multiple reporters who follow the league stated today, affairs in these pro sports teams are simply a way of life. It happens constantly.

I think something else is in play here and the affair is just one component of it.

--

Pistons might not be a bottom 4 team this year . . .
Their GM seems to be pretty good at wheeling and dealing

It also makes very little sense to be suspended for an entire season for breaking a team's code of conduct for a consenting affair with a subordinate. As multiple reporters who follow the league stated today, affairs in these pro sports teams are simply a way of life. It happens constantly.

I think something else is in play here and the affair is just one component of it.
I’m not so sure. Times are changing.

there is a large piece of the story still missing I think. What we have is only Udoka's side. Woj specifically mentioning the word "consenting" only comes from his side, there would be no reason for the Celts to leak that piece.
Sure there is, it doesn’t benefit the Celtics to accuse him of sexual assault if that’s not what happened.

The rumor I read earlier today is that it was the wife of the Celtics VP of finance

Sure there is, it doesn’t benefit the Celtics to accuse him of sexual assault if that’s not what happened.

Code of Conduct never deals with sexual assault, when something of that nature happens it becomes a police mater and is taken out of the teams hands.

Code of conduct also does not use the wording "consenting adults". Code of conduct uses wording relating to relationships between bosses and subordinates and some code of conduct goes as far to say relationships of any kind of even if peers. Consent does not come into play because once it is not consensual, it is no longer a team matter and becomes a matter for the law to handle.

Code of Conduct never deals with sexual assault, when something of that nature happens it becomes a police mater and is taken out of the teams hands.

Code of conduct also does not use the wording "consenting adults". Code of conduct uses wording relating to relationships between bosses and subordinates and some code of conduct goes as far to say relationships of any kind of even if peers. Consent does not come into play because once it is not consensual, it is no longer a team matter and becomes a matter for the law to handle.
I’m not sure what you are getting at. There’s no reason for the Celtics and Udoka to spar over whether the word consenting is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread