What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jrue Holiday is on one tonight :eek:
Hopefully that puts Jrue Holiday more front of mind when voters put in their all-NBA ballots. The guy barely gets mentioned sometimes. He's the best perimeter defender in the league, plays for the team with the best record overall, and (based on everything you read) absolutely one of the best guys in the entire league. He's an all-NBA player - period.

I am very happy that I have no idea what any of you are talking about with regards to whiners. Imma stick to this entertaining and not whining Cavs team.
Then I have an assignment for you. Watch the Cavs play the Knickerbockers on Friday and report back what you see. Specifically, what Julius Randle does. I look forward to reading your breakdown. 🤘

Hopefully that puts Jrue Holiday more front of mind when voters put in their all-NBA ballots. The guy barely gets mentioned sometimes. He's the best perimeter defender in the league, plays for the team with the best record overall, and (based on everything you read) absolutely one of the best guys in the entire league. He's an all-NBA player - period.
Curry
Doncic
Lillard
Mitchell
Fox
SGA

Who are you leaving out to include Holiday? Not to mention Booker who is going to end up with a decent number of total games.

I am very happy that I have no idea what any of you are talking about with regards to whiners. Imma stick to this entertaining and not whining Cavs team.
Then I have an assignment for you. Watch the Cavs play the Knickerbockers on Friday and report back what you see. Specifically, what Julius Randle does. I look forward to reading your breakdown. 🤘
We have plans, but my wife has an expiring bonus bet of $200 that's ear marked to wager on the Cavs that night so I may be able to distract us from a normal night out and to my comfort zone as a functioning degenerate.

Kyrie got a guy sitting in like the 7th row kicked out this afternoon.

I hate that this is a thing. Obviously if they're saying something racist or otherwise offensive to those around them...fine. but now these guys just seem to tattle on anyone who heckles them

Kyrie' explanation.....

"He just called me on my name, so I just had to make sure I looked him eye-to-eye, see if he would say it to my face. A lot of fans say things when you're turning your head... So he yelled it, I handled it."

Doesn't seem like an egregious offense worthy of ejection. Sounds like kyrie being a baby

“Called me on my name”

What does that mean? He literally called him Kyrie or is this type of code for something more egregious?

wtf, man

we live in a society. most people who shelled out for the nice seats at pro sports event aren't just going there to riot and get thrown in jail because of something another fan said to a player

don't want to derail the thread so i'll leave the rest of whatever the **** you said alone
:lmao: anyone see Kyrie do it again tonight? (Unsuccessfully) Tried TWICE tonight to get a fan kicked out and stopped play just to argue with him

Just checking box scores and looks like the Clippers without Kawhi or PG are going to beat the red hot Grizzlies behind Westbrook and RoCo combining for 63 points with a perfect 12/12 from 3 by the two of them.
:shock:

Curry
Doncic
Lillard
Mitchell
Fox
SGA

Who are you leaving out to include Holiday? Not to mention Booker who is going to end up with a decent number of total games.

I love the Kings and Fox, but he's not All-NBA. Not yet anyway

Curry
Doncic
Lillard
Mitchell
Fox
SGA

I love the Kings and Fox, but he's not All-NBA. Not yet anyway
Fox is probably going to make an all NBA team.

only reason i care about this game is because my dopey self thought it good to bet the Celtics 2nd half line. Wish i knew the Celtics team doesn't have GPS or get traffic reports.

I can't even begin to imagine getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and having the gall to suggest that traffic is to blame for being this bad:

Fox is probably going to make an all NBA team.

He has my vote. Best player the casual fan doesn't know about and the main reason the Kings are in contention.

Easily a top 10 player and not difficult to make a top 5 argument IMHO.
I’m a big De’aaron Fox fan. I think he is a great player—but I have to disagree that it wouldn’t be difficult to put him in the top 5. I don’t see a world where a legitimate argument could be made to where he could be considered a top 5 player in the league right now. I think even top 10 might be difficult. The Kings had De’aaron Fox and Tyrese Halliburton together and couldn’t do much. IMO—the primary reason why they are playing so well this season is another star that most casual fans don’t know about—Domantas Sabonis. He makes that lineup a lot more dynamic. Secondly—that roster has talent up and down. They have a wonderful mix of shooting, passing, quickness, ball handling, and athleticism. Huerter is another very solid player for them. I think Fox is great—but I’m confident that I could name 5 other guards in the league that you could replace him with that would still put them where they are at in the Western conference.

. I think Fox is great—but I’m confident that I could name 5 other guards in the league that you could replace him with that would still put them where they are at in the Western conference.

I'm all ears
Assuming health—I think you could replace Fox with any of these guys—and the Kings would still be where they are at or better:
Ja Morant, Steph Curry, Luka Doncic, Dame Lillard, Jrue Holiday, Shai Gilgeous Alexander.

I think an argument could also be made for Donovan Mitchell—but I left him out as I already named 6 that I felt more confident in.

Last edited:
anteater embid tater doncic joker curry booker mitchell morant davis durant above fox and its not close right now maybe that changes in the future but not now glad the kings and him is doing well though take that to the bank brohans

Curry
Doncic
Lillard
Mitchell
Fox
SGA

At what point does Doncic get docked for a mediocre record and complete disinterest in playing defense?

Curry
Doncic
Lillard
Mitchell
Fox
SGA

At what point does Doncic get docked for a mediocre record and complete disinterest in playing defense?
Gotta give him credit for dragging that crap team to the west final last year.

Curry
Doncic
Lillard
Mitchell
Fox
SGA

Sure. Of course. But that doesn’t matter for this year’s awards.

Why is whatever is going on with Andrew Wiggins such a big secret? I don’t want to rumor monger or anything, but it is just very odd. He apparently is working out every day according to Kerr.

Curry
Doncic
Lillard
Mitchell
Fox
SGA

Sure. Of course. But that doesn’t matter for this year’s awards.
Oh, thought we were talking career-wise. Carry on.

anteater embid tater doncic joker curry booker mitchell morant davis durant above fox and its not close right now maybe that changes in the future but not now glad the kings and him is doing well though take that to the bank brohans
Fox might be slightly worse than, but definitely is comparable to, guys like Morant and Mitchell. I wouldn’t argue that Fox is a top 10 player in the league as a general matter, in large part because he hasn’t played like this consistently through his career. But he has a better top 10/all-NBA case *this year* than several of those guys because of games played.

Why is whatever is going on with Andrew Wiggins such a big secret? I don’t want to rumor monger or anything, but it is just very odd. He apparently is working out every day according to Kerr.

Because it is no one's business and if it is as serious as it seems to be. Wiggins and his family should be left alone during this situation. Plus the Warriors don't want the distraction.

Can you imagine the question to Wiggins and his family if people knew what was going on?
Trying to time doctors visits asking Wiggins when he thinks he will be back? How about someone trying to make a name for themselves and they ask Curry or Kerr, "Do you really think Wiggins should be missing time because of ...".

Wiggins and the Warriors had determined that this is more serious than basketball and that should be good enough for everyone.

Fox might be slightly worse than, but definitely is comparable to, guys like Morant and Mitchell. I wouldn’t argue that Fox is a top 10 player in the league as a general matter, in large part because he hasn’t played like this consistently through his career. But he has a better top 10/all-NBA case *this year* than several of those guys because of games played.
i understand your point and i agree that availability is a big consideration and i agree his is not top 10 so basically we are on the same page but i respectfully do not think he is anywhere near the class of morant maybe you can make sort of an argument for mitchell but even that right now is tenuous next year or the year after lets see where things are and this is all said as a guy who likes sactown a lot and will never forgive the nba for the way the refs screwed them back in the day take that to the bank brohans

i understand your point and i agree that availability is a big consideration and i agree his is not top 10 so basically we are on the same page but i respectfully do not think he is anywhere near the class of morant maybe you can make sort of an argument for mitchell but even that right now is tenuous next year or the year after lets see where things are and this is all said as a guy who likes sactown a lot and will never forgive the nba for the way the refs screwed them back in the day take that to the bank brohans
If you don't think these guys are in the same tier of player this year, I just don't know what else to tell you.

Because it is no one's business and if it is as serious as it seems to be. Wiggins and his family should be left alone during this situation. Plus the Warriors don't want the distraction.

Can you imagine the question to Wiggins and his family if people knew what was going on?
Trying to time doctors visits asking Wiggins when he thinks he will be back? How about someone trying to make a name for themselves and they ask Curry or Kerr, "Do you really think Wiggins should be missing time because of ...".

Wiggins and the Warriors had determined that this is more serious than basketball and that should be good enough for everyone.
HUGE credit to everyone involved from the coaches, teammates, front office, agents, PR people, family members, reporters, etc. who are keeping a lid on the story. there aren't even any rumors that i've seen.

usually people are trying to leak speculation and rumor to get headlines/create hot takes, etc. no matter how awful the story.

If you don't think these guys are in the same tier of player this year, I just don't know what else to tell you.

What are you seeing that I'm not? I think they're in the same tier. Morant gets to the line more, and has better assist and rebound numbers. Fox beats him on FG percentages, turnovers and games played. But overall, pretty similar by stats alone.

And I'm only making a statistical case here. If jackassery was a category, Morant would win in a landslide.

Everything included, I'd still rather have Fox, but the case is not a slam dunk

I hate the Warriors as much as anyone, but they are handling this the right way. Major kudos to the team, coaches, players, etc.

Hope the situation works out or there is as positive an outcome as possible for Wiggins and his family.

What are you seeing that I'm not? I think they're in the same tier. Morant gets to the line more, and has better assist and rebound numbers. Fox beats him on FG percentages, turnovers and games played. But overall, pretty similar by stats alone.

And I'm only making a statistical case here. If jackassery was a category, Morant would win in a landslide.

Everything included, I'd still rather have Fox, but the case is not a slam dunk
If anything, this conversation illustrates something I've come to believe this season, that Ja is overrated. He is a very good All-star level player, but he is not an 1st team All-NBA/MVP candidate level guy like many sports media tried to push. He is an exciting player, but too inefficient and too inconsistent to be a "face of the NBA" type.

It's payback for Beverley doing that to LeBron last Sunday - that's the joke in this case.

I know what it is from, but come up with your own joke. Stealing Beverly's joke is lame.
Disagree. Throwing the guy's schtick back in his face is pretty funny.

It's payback for Beverley doing that to LeBron last Sunday - that's the joke in this case.

I know what it is from, but come up with your own joke. Stealing Beverly's joke is lame.
Both stop

Have a good season.
-J

Disagree and it is very unoriginal. Plus Beverly did it to LeBron, whoever you named did it to Pat Beverly. Plus Beverly is 6' 1". He is too small.

Last edited:
you know what i am not going to die on this hill i didnt realize that the numbers were that similar they are about the same player but maybe it is just that when i watch them i dont feel that fox is as dominant a force as morant but i will totally concede that the similarities in numbers surprised me and when you are wrong the path of the brohan compels you to admit it so bam there it is take that to the bank brochachos

538 has the West projected for these win totals:

1. Nuggets 56-26 (tied with the Celtics in the east, two games behind the Bucks)
2. Grizzlies 51-31
3. Kings 49-33
4. Suns 45-37
5. Clippers 43-39 (Clips/Warriors are 2-2 h2h, Clippers currently have the better division record 7-7 to 6-9 BUT if they manage to tie there, it's likely that GSW will have the better conference record)
6. Warriors 43-39
7. TWolves 42-40 (Wolves own the tiebreaker over the Lakers)
8. Lakers 42-40
9. Pelicans 41-41
10. Thunder 40-42 (Thunder currently have the tiebreaker against the Mavs)
11. Mavs 40-42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread