What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 Playoff Survivor League (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy

Bass*

@Duckboy

@OldMilwaukee

@bro1ncos

@rzrback77

@Stinkin Ref

@ryheaps

@Aaron Rudnicki

@Maggot Brain

@-OZ-

@Go DC Yourself

@Crippler

Rzrback's Friend (first replacement)

Who's back for another year. Also post if you would like to be an alternate.

Total Starters:10

Number of Starting QBs:1

Number of Starting RBs:2-3

Number of Starting WRs:3-4

Number of Starting TEs:1-2

Number of Starting PKs:1

Number of Starting Defs:1

Use "Best Ball" Lineup:Yes

We are drafting 12 spots. Note one flex at RB/WR/TE. You can draft 2 QBs or Ks, but the second may only be from the team of the first QB/K you drafted (you will get the highest score of the two and no flex score).

Don't draft number one seed players in week one.

we'll shed 4 teams after week one and then drop all scores. We'll redraft next week. Each team will have the option to keep one or two players. That will cost you your 7th and maybe your 8th round pick. We'll pick draft positions next week based scoring this week.

Standard FBG Survivor scoring with ppr scoring except 2 points per catch for TE.

Last edited:
Also when we draft there will be a timer in the 2-3 hour range between 10 and 10 EST time. Draft will start Monday the 9th at noon.

Each team will have the option to keep one or two players. That will cost you your 7th and maybe your 8th round pick.

Is this a suggestion, or a rule that you can't?

Perhaps one would want to draft a player on bye, forgoing the possible 1st week flex score, for a value keeper pick in round 7-8-?

@BassNBrew ?

Each team will have the option to keep one or two players. That will cost you your 7th and maybe your 8th round pick.

Perhaps one would want to draft a player on bye, forgoing the possible 1st week flex score, for a value keeper pick in round 7-8-?

@BassNBrew ?
It's a rule.

@BassNBrew ?
It's a rule.

I think we did talk about letting a team do this before but decided against it. One of the reasons I like this format is the relative simplicity.

In, unless you get too many others with interest.

So far, is it eight or nine signed up? For subsequent weeks, isn’t draft slot chosen in order of weekly scores?

We should be good to go. Since there are 12 playoff teams and 11 owners, one D, K, and QB should remain undrafted. You are free to draft a second QB from the same team as your first QB selected and will receive the highest score of the two.

1.10 Hockenson TE MIN
2.02 Mixon RB CIN

Not too shabby at the bottom of the draft
Can’t complain too much starting with kittle and ETN. that is, if I think the jags have a shot against the chargers.
Side note - son #2 will officially become a charger next year (UAH)

Guess we reached the next level. Like most, I waited on QB about as long as I felt comfortable but I really didn’t want to end up with the bottom 3.

1.07 Kittle - SF is as good a bet as any team to make it far, only premium TE playing in the first round. No offense to Andrews but without Lamar he’s not at the same level. Hock is next tier imo. Considered ekeler and Barkley but not really.

2.05 ETN - I think the jags win but not confident at all. He should be a key to that win. Wanted Deebo, considered Allen.

3.07 Metcalf - probably won’t be here next week, boom bust pick. Worth the risk I think. Strongly considered Aiyuk, and Herbert for a minute

4.05 Dobbins - almost no chance of getting more than one game, hoping for a score. If the ravens have a shot he’ll have to be the key imo. Was my top preselect.

5.07 cousins - was planning to wait on QB but didn’t want to risk getting stuck. Basically flipped a coin between Dak and Kirk.

6.05 Slayton - my preferred dart throw at this point. Needed a WR or would have gone elsewhere.

@ the halfway point, my team has the vibe of hoping to pass the first cut-down and improve down the road. So many close calls at the #10 slot, but mostly falling short by a pick or two.

1.10 (10) - T. J. Hockenson - target was Ekeler taken at #9 and considered Barkley, who I thought I could get with my second pick. Hockenson has been heavily featured in Minnesota since the trade with Detroit and with the 2 ppr TE scoring seemed a nice option when Ekeler was taken by @Stinkin Ref. Previous NYGiant game he had 13 catches for over 100 yards and 2 TDs.

2.2 (13) - Joe Mixon - I was hoping that @ryheaps2 would go TE/WR and I considered Lamb and K. Allen when he took Barkley, but decided to lock up an RB on a team I expected to win and advance.

3.10 (32) - Christian Kirk - this pick I liked. I think that Jacksonville wins at home, so could be a keeper option. Considered Lockett, but Seattle seems a certain first round loser.

4.2 (34) - Tyler Lockett - Missed out on Aiyuk, but like Lockett better for one game. Considered Waddle.

5.10 (54) - Marvin Jones - Sniped again by @Stinkin Ref and this one hurt. Even though FBG projects Jones slightly ahead of Osborn, he has really been out-producing Thielen down the stretch and I am forcasting a high scoring game for both Minnesota and the New York Giants.

6.2 (57) - Dak Prescott - was hoping for Daniel Jones here, based on the previously mentioned high scoring matchup, but he was taken ahead of my turn. Also considered Brock Purdy, but think that the upside of Prescott was a better team fit for me. Did not want to be last taking either Miami or Baltimore QB, but @BassNBrew does have the advantage of waiting till the last round now.

QB - Middle of the pack

RB - First pick could do well, but not a lot left for second starter here

WR - Top three are projected 11, 12 and 27 so continuing the middle of the pack here as well

TE - Hockenson - hopefully top quarter, would really help if he could come close to his stats on the previous NYG match-up

STINKIN REF

Eck at 1.09 was smash pick...
2.03 was Lamb Allen or Schultz....gotta start 3 WR....was hard to get off Schultz with 2 PPR TE....but thought I could get Everett later and maybe not lose much week 1
3.09 Gabe Davis....I can't quit you ...next two picks of Kirk and Aiyuk were considered but I roll with the best QB and pass first option....Get One Gabe is my boy..
4.03 Everett....smash....but sniffed Zeke
5.09 Osborn......potential SOD...
603 Purdy....could get a couple TD week one
7.09 Fant....2 PPR flex prayer
8.03 DJ Dallas....just be active

Last edited:
2.03 was Lamb Allen or Schultz....gotta start 3 WR....was hard to get off Schultz with 2 PPR TE....but thought I could get Everett later and maybe not lose much week 1
3.09 Gabe Davis....I can't quit you ...next two picks of Kirk and Aiyuk were considered but I roll with the best QB and pass first option....Get One Gabe is my boy..

9.09 DeAndre Carter WR LAC.....Williams out.....Carter in
10.03 Gus Edwards RB BAL.....thought about another WR but glad I didn't take him cause he may not play now....Gus cleared protocol and will play....with only Eck and DJ Dallas on board another shot at an RB score took priority....

10.03 Gus Edwards RB BAL.....thought about another WR but glad I didn't take him cause he may not play now....Gus cleared protocol and will play....with only Eck and DJ Dallas on board another shot at an RB score took priority....
Presumably you’re referring to McKenzie. And you’re right which is why he feel this far. But with two extra slots I figured why not take the chance at this point. Almost took McPherson instead.

Fwiw, gut feel with a round and a half left (Not too many difference makers remain), my top 3 teams are Duckboy, bro1ncos and A-Rud.

Which of course means they’re doomed.

Fwiw, gut feel with a round and a half left (Not too many difference makers remain), my top 3 teams are Duckboy, bro1ncos and A-Rud.

Which of course means they’re doomed.
Would feel better if Williams was playing

Pretty sound team here. You should easily advance.

I really move from fantasy into the betting mode during the playoffs. I still take a stab at a couple of playoff contest, FBG's, three FFPC , a few Sleepers and of course with my bro's here.

Different strategy this year. Forget about surviving the week and focus on getting the two best possible keepers. If I survive.

1.02 McCaffery; Would have taken Allen. Solid keeper if I survive. Favorite for most rushing yards for the playoffs +450
2.10 Knox; Was hopping Schutz would have fallen to me, Knox will do, Bills should advance. 2pts per reception! Will keep if I survive unless I can get Kelce.
3.02 James Cook; Bills should advance. Garbage time run out the clock carries? +2800 most rushing yards in playoffs. Laid $25 on that. Will keep if I survive and can't get Kelce.
4.10 Thielen. Man you guys all had the same thoughts on filling this position. Had to get one.
5.02 Brady; Might have to carry him if the Bills loose and if I survive.

That's all. rest does't matter. Back to betting. Good luck to all unless of course if I survive.

Went through the Footballguys weekly projections. I really miss David Dodds when I do these. Didn’t Bob Henry used to do weekly projections?

Anywho, lots of variations among the top five. I decided to rank from 1-11 for each of the projectors and award scores equal to the ranking. So, this is like golf and low scores are the best. Only looking at this weekend’s first round.

Data to come shortly, doing the summary on the phone as I am dog sitting on the couch.

Ruds 12
Bass 14
OZ 14
rzrback77 15
Cabot 17
Ref 19
Go DC 21
Duckboy 32
Old Mil 38
Bro1ncos 40
Ryheaps 42

The scores would be a lot closer if you look at average scores, but this was an easier evaluation from the couch on my phone.

Good Luck all!

Went through the Footballguys weekly projections. I really miss David Dodds when I do these. Didn’t Bob Henry used to do weekly projections?

Anywho, lots of variations among the top five. I decided to rank from 1-11 for each of the projectors and award scores equal to the ranking. So, this is like golf and low scores are the best. Only looking at this weekend’s first round.

Data to come shortly, doing the summary on the phone as I am dog sitting on the couch.

Ruds 12
Bass 14
OZ 14
rzrback77 15
Cabot 17
Ref 19
Go DC 21
Duckboy 32
Old Mil 38
Bro1ncos 40
Ryheaps 42

The scores would be a lot closer if you look at average scores, but this was an easier evaluation from the couch on my phone.

Good Luck all!
Wish this is the case but the reality is that I have the worst team. Fbgs is historically low on QB scores. Also they are 4 pt tds instead of our 6. Usually the guys getting 30-40 from their qbs advance and the rest is noise. Also the best ball aspect of this league smoothed out my advantage at the other positions.

Mitchell was projected for 6 pts and got 9. A few sticks projected for 1-2 pts will get that with a TD.

I got caught on the wrong end of the qb run. In hindsight o would gladly trade Baltimore qb and Ritchie for Heno or Purdy and a zero

Users who are viewing this thread