What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Buffalo Bills (1 Viewer)

Lamar is going to run himself into the ground otherwise (I think he's accounted for like 90% of Baltimore's yardage this season). I
I think the stat I heard this week is that Jackson accounts for 87% of Baltimore’s yardage and Allen accounts for 83% of Buffalo’s. Both amazing players, but that is a recipe for problems at some point.

Oh, and high five to a fellow team who took one of the two best QBs in the 2018 draft. Pretty crazy/cool that they were the 2 QBs who received the most criticism and they’re both superstars while all the other 1st round QBs don’t even play for the teams that drafted them just 4 years later.

Speaking of which, can you imagine the conflicted feelings a Panthers fan would have had 4 years ago if you had told them that in 2022 they’d have both Mayfield AND Darnold on their team!?

Lamar is going to run himself into the ground otherwise (I think he's accounted for like 90% of Baltimore's yardage this season). I
I think the stat I heard this week is that Jackson accounts for 87% of Baltimore’s yardage and Allen accounts for 83% of Buffalo’s. Both amazing players, but that is a recipe for problems at some point.

Oh, and high five to a fellow team who took one of the two best QBs in the 2018 draft. Pretty crazy/cool that they were the 2 QBs who received the most criticism and they’re both superstars while all the other 1st round QBs don’t even play for the teams that drafted them just 4 years later.

Speaking of which, can you imagine the conflicted feelings a Panthers fan would have had 4 years ago if you had told them that in 2022 they’d have both Mayfield AND Darnold on their team!?
Baltimore got a bunch of criticism for drafting Jackson (mostly from old dudes who still think you need Bob Griese to win), but I remember Buffalo getting absolutely hammered for the Allen pick (ironically, when compared to where Lamar's criticism came from, it was the young analytics guys who hated Allen). Josh Allen is basically in-his-prime Cam Newton with better coaches.

Josh Allen is basically in-his-prime Cam Newton

Whoa. He's way better than Cam ever was, IMO.
The 2015 Cam Newton led Panthers scored more points than any team, over 30 per game. They had an all-pro TE in Olsen, but their top WRs were Ted Ginn and an old Jerrico Cotchery of NYJ fame. Newton had his faults as a passer, but most of us thought he would be a fantasy stud in 2016 and beyond. I do think Allen will be a great fantasy and real-life QB for the next 10 years. He has regressed slightly from his 2020 season, with periodic accuracy issues. I almost drafted Allen with the 3rd pick in a 6pt/pass league ... instead I picked Ekler and then Russell later.

Maybe I should have said "Cam as he could/should have been". And Cam's MVP year wasn't any joke. Both are huge dudes with cannon arms, and can run.

Agreed. Cam's MVP year was something else. Cam was a better runner than Allen, Allen a better passer. Cam always had trouble with intermediate out routes, if I'm not mistaken. That was the bane of his QB existence.

But, really, that's just a quibble. They're quite comparable at the height of their games, though I think Allen's passing prowess shatters Cam's.

Traveled from Fla w/o rain gear -- picked some up at Hunt Valley yesterday --I'll be there!!
:lol: Did you have to get a 2nd mortgage? Hunt Valley's the high-rent district.
Meh, good ole Dicks Sporting Goods -- as usual, the store cashier was well informed on the Ravens injury woes just as you pointed out (Fuller and Pierce etc). Should be a good one -- Bille 31-Ravens 27.

Traveled from Fla w/o rain gear -- picked some up at Hunt Valley yesterday --I'll be there!!
Meh, good ole Dicks Sporting Goods -- as usual, the store cashier was well informed on the Ravens injury woes just as you pointed out (Fuller and Pierce etc). Should be a good one -- Bille 31-Ravens 27.
Mekari's doubtful and Stanley is questionable. I'm guess the rookie is gonna get some time at LT - against Von freaking Miller. Lordy. Roll right, Lamar!

Mekari's doubtful and Stanley is questionable. I'm guess the rookie is gonna get some time at LT - against Von freaking Miller. Lordy. Roll right, Lamar!
Funny thing is in fantasy, I've got Allen and my opponent has Lamar and Diggs :-)

Funny thing is in fantasy, I've got Allen and my opponent has Lamar and Diggs :-)
You're gonna have emotional whiplash watching this game.

Interesting stat from last year that seems to be repeating itself this year: Link

No. of pass attempts per coverage penalty enforced (def. holding/def. pass interference) for NFL QBs in 2021:
A. Rodgers - 27.33
D. Prescott - 30.33
J. Herbert - 31.50
P. Mahomes - 33.46
T. Brady - 36.93
D. Carr - 38.15
J. Allen - 82.33

Data including all coverage penalties regardless of declined/offsetting:
Rodgers - 27.33 attempts/coverage flag Herbert - 28
Brady - 29.16
Mahomes - 29.53
Carr - 37.38
Allen - 44.90

I calculated this partway through the 3rd quarter of tonight’s game (so Brady and Mahomes aren’t quite right/official through 4 weeks), but here are called coverage penalties per pass for some of the top QBs/guys who have thrown the most passes (I did leave out Wentz because while he has thrown a bunch of passes, he just sucks, lol)

Brady - 21.67 attempts/coverage flag
Mahomes - 22.67
Carr - 25.67
Burrow - 26
Rodgers - 32.25
Herbert - 33.2
Murray - 34.6
Allen - 42

Read into all of this what you will.

Congrats on a good win, Bills fans. As a Ravens fan, that's a tough one to swallow. Buffalo's a damned good team.

Oh, well.... on to Cincy for the Ravens, who threw for like 1,000 yards against Baltimore last year. Piece of cake, right?

Yes, congrats Bills fans. Other than the cold (hey I'm a Floridian now :wink:) and constant rain, we enjoyed the game --- Ravens defense just got gassed in the 2nd half --again.

We stayed downtown before driving to airport this AM; Bills fans EVERYWHERE --They travel quite well

According to Sal Capaccio, Buffalo’s 10.2 yards per play today was the 3rd highest in NFL history. And that’s with the kneel down at half and pulling the starters for the entire 4th quarter.

I love what Shakir and Morris bring to the team (well, other than Morris’s fumble). Obviously going to see Shakir more regardless with Crowder’s injury. Don’t want anyone to get hurt, but McDermott getting his hand forced into playing Shakir more early even though he doesn’t like playing rookies may be a blessing in disguise.

Big game this coming week. Gotta imagine Edmunds, Poyer, and Knox will be back. Phillips could be a big question mark which sucks as he has been a pretty big difference maker up the middle.

I’m thinking Tre gets brought back from PUP this week with the goal of him seeing game action after the bye. That’s a full 3 weeks from now. So activate him now and then a week to practice, then a week of conditioning/bye, then a week of practice ramping up to playing against the Pack in week 8 in some limited fashion. Benford will likely be back Week 8 as well so Buffalo will likely have the luxury of slowly working White back in.

It's a 17 week season but really it feels like next week is the only game that actually matters. The Bills and Chiefs are in a class by themselves in the AFC -- no offense to the Chargers or Ravens.

Are you willing to give up what it will take (guessing James Cook plus 2 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd) for Christian McCaffery?

My concern is that I think the biggest chunk of blame for the poor running game belongs to the woeful blocking of the offensive line. I feel like adding McCaffery may be like papering over a huge hole in the wall with fancy wallpaper.

Are you willing to give up what it will take (guessing James Cook plus 2 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd) for Christian McCaffery?

My concern is that I think the biggest chunk of blame for the poor running game belongs to the woeful blocking of the offensive line. I feel like adding McCaffery may be like papering over a huge hole in the wall with fancy wallpaper.
I've been a bit out of touch since the news of Rhule's firing broke. Is CMC officially on the block?

Either way, I don't think I'd want to trade for him. I don't think he'd be a huge difference maker, and he would have huge cap ramifications.

I've been a bit out of touch since the news of Rhule's firing broke. Is CMC officially on the block?

Either way, I don't think I'd want to trade for him. I don't think he'd be a huge difference maker, and he would have huge cap ramifications.
Agreed. Feel like we said the same thing about Barkley in the off-season when there were a few rumors. Just doesn't seem necessary for this team.

There were a couple of reports this afternoon that the Bills and Panthers had talked. But then reports shortly after that they hadn’t.

McCaffrey had a bunch of his salary from this year converted to bonus money. Though I think the cap hit would still be something like $8M this year if the Panthers didn’t do something to take on more of that money.

You guys are gonna kick the crap out of the Chiefs this week. :lol:
We didn't fall off the turnip truck, guy. We know a good old-fashioned reverse jinx attempt when we see one.
:lol:

Maybe a little of that, but man, your team has some serious motivation for this game. Add to that the offensive playmakers you have AND a really good coaching staff. The Chiefs defense is pretty young and we saw it last night. It might be ugly for our secondary come Sunday.

All I hope and pray for is a good game with no controversy. And for both teams to stay healthy so we can meet again in the playoffs.

Sure, it’s Chiefs week (where the Bills play at KC for the 4th straight time and will play them in KC again next year), but the real news is that Tre White practiced for the first time today. McDermott said he isn’t going to play this week, but I would say against the Packers after the bye seems pretty likely. :clap:

The Chiefs are going to be without their 2 starting CBs and will be starting 4th and 7th round rookies at CB this week.

Josh Allen right now

For Buffalo, the only real notable potential guy out is Jordan Phillips who is Questionable. He’s been playing great this year, but Buffalo also has way more depth there this year than in the past. This game is definitely lining up in Buffalo’s favor so far.

For Buffalo, the only real notable potential guy out is Jordan Phillips who is Questionable. He’s been playing great this year, but Buffalo also has way more depth there this year than in the past. This game is definitely lining up in Buffalo’s favor so far.
Would it be wrong of me to wish guys like Oliver, Edmunds, Poyer, etc. would rest this week, so the Chiefs can keep it close and Allen can finally play a full game and get the single game passing records he deserves?

I kid - the W is the most important - but it's kind of a bummer to be WAY over record setting pace in the first half, and then have to put it on cruise control in the second.

Also, I'm not suggesting this is any sort of "gimme". It certainly is not. I would not be surprised at all if the Chiefs win. They are easily one of the best 3 teams in the league, if not THE best.

Also, I'm not suggesting this is any sort of "gimme". It certainly is not. I would not be surprised at all if the Chiefs win. They are easily one of the best 3 teams in the league, if not THE best.
Yeah, I think these are the best 2 teams with the best 2 players. Should be a great game.

Would it be wrong of me to wish guys like Oliver, Edmunds, Poyer, etc. would rest this week, so the Chiefs can keep it close and Allen can finally play a full game and get the single game passing records he deserves?

I kid - the W is the most important - but it's kind of a bummer to be WAY over record setting pace in the first half, and then have to put it on cruise control in the second.
The only thing that could derail the Bills from a date in the AFC Championship game is an injury to Allen. If I'm Dorsey, and the Bills have a lead, I play more conservative, don't have any planned runs for Allen, but mix in some play action and quick passes. I don't think most teams will let Davis get behind them for long TDs like the Steelers did. The good Bills defense could limit Allen setting records.

From the article below. This is insane…

“I’m not exaggerating when I say that an Allen-to-Davis post route might be the most effective play in the history of ball. The duo has been perfect on those plays, going 9-for-9 for 426 yards and four touchdowns. That’s 47 yards per throw.”

Matchup

The Chiefs are going to be without their 2 starting CBs and will be starting 4th and 7th round rookies at CB this week.
Gosh, I can't imagine what it would be like to go into a game without your top 2 CBs.

:p
We were blowing teams out while missing half our starting defense. I'm sure KC will be just fine.

(Jokes aside, this game really does feel like a prologue to the playoff game that we all know is coming).

According to Football Outsiders’ simulations, Buffalo now has something like a 70% chance of getting the #1 seed in the AFC. Seems bonkers to be that high after just 6 weeks.

But really, the only loss was in brutal heat where they went in with a bunch of injuries and suffered a whole bunch more and still had a legit shot to win at the end.

Now they go into the bye with wins over every other AFC division leader at 5-1 and will likely get Tre White back after the bye and start into a schedule that seems pretty light looking at it right now.

On the flip side, the AFC East is the only division in football without a team under .500. AFC East suddenly looks fairly competitive.

Good time to be a Bills fan

Geez. Jordan Poyer got a collapsed lung 2 weeks ago. So while he was cleared to play, the change in air pressure flying made it too risky to fly so the Bills paid for a car service to drive him to KC and back. The dude rode 15 hours each way in a van to play today because flying was considered more risky than playing football. Crazy.

The officiating in the NFL really has gotten egregiously bad. I seriously have no idea how Allen getting tripped and then this block in the back didn’t get called on back to back plays.

It feels like every week there are multiple inexplicable calls/no-calls often going both ways. I get that a lot of holds are going to get missed and that PI is a difficult call to officiate, but there’s just so much blatant stuff that happens right in front of officials that they get wrong.

The officiating in the NFL really has gotten egregiously bad. I seriously have no idea how Allen getting tripped and then this block in the back didn’t get called on back to back plays.

It feels like every week there are multiple inexplicable calls/no-calls often going both ways. I get that a lot of holds are going to get missed and that PI is a difficult call to officiate, but there’s just so much blatant stuff that happens right in front of officials that they get wrong.
Kelce got an OPI that seriously was not an OPI.

This was a great game!

Users who are viewing this thread