What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Buffalo Bills (2 Viewers)

Bills go LBer. They were actually thin at LBer and Edmunds still hasn’t shown that he can really be the guy. Though Bernard is undersized with a long injury history. Not sure I love the pick but we’ll see.

FWIW, I’m not sure where he is projected to go, but I’d be fine if the Bills sat tight and got James Cook in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think he could be a Kamara/Ekeler type guy. Great 3rd down back with elite receiving ability for a RB that can stretch defenses vertically and burn them with speed but who can also mix it up with quick darts up the middle as well on earlier downs as well at times too.
Good call.  I would have preferred more of a 3-down back, but it's very easy to see how a guy like Cook can factor into our offense.  

More generally though, I strongly prefer a class that includes Elam and Cook to a class that includes Breece Hall and whatever CB we would have had to settle for.  RB was a need, but CB was a NEED.  This worked out pretty well.

Bills draft basically Beasley’s replacement with Khalil Shakir. Slot receiver who runs great routes and has excellent quickness.

Bills draft basically Beasley’s replacement with Khalil Shakir. Slot receiver who runs great routes and has excellent quickness.

Yup. And I don't think there's pressure for him to step right in. I would expect Crowder to start in the slot with McKenzie and Shakir being sprinkled in much like McKenzie has the past couple years.

So the team that has punted less than any other team the last 2 years take Punt God. 

Well, they did need an upgrade at punter. Joe Buscaglia is loving life right now.

Yes! I was so happy to be able to see that pick live on NFLN while at this wonderful 3YO birthday party.

Hopefully he can become our next Brian Moorman-type fan favorite.

Jets had a crazy good draft and there's reason for them to be optimistic about their QB.

Miami doesn't have a QB, but they've got a good roster elsewhere.

Is New England on track for a fourth place finish?

IvanKaramazov said:
Jets had a crazy good draft and there's reason for them to be optimistic about their QB.

Miami doesn't have a QB, but they've got a good roster elsewhere.

Is New England on track for a fourth place finish?
They sure as hell did. Kudos to them. That said, if I had to bet, I kind of feel like the division standings will be the same as last year. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the Jets and Fins jump the Pats, though.

I think the Bills wanted McBride in the 2nd but when he went two picks before us we traded down cause no one else had value.  I think we even reached on Cook there but maybe Beanne didn’t want to miss out on him (I’m actually not a fan of the selection). 

I’m surprised that Hughes hasn’t been signed yet. Every day he isn’t signed increases the chances he’ll be back on a small 1 year deal to go after a ring. He’s not as good as he once was, but he can still create pressure and a combo of Hughes and Von Miller would help both of them increase their production IMO.

So, uh, I guess being a fan of a good team means less sleep, huh? 

The season opener against the Rams and then MNF Week 2 is pretty cool assuming I can manage to stay awake for both games.

ETA: Forgot the MNF game is an early one of a doubleheader I believe. So not as bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, uh, I guess being a fan of a good team means less sleep, huh? 

The season opener against the Rams and then MNF Week 2 is pretty cool assuming I can manage to stay awake for both games.

ETA: Forgot the MNF game is an early one of a doubleheader I believe. So not as bad.
Also Sunday night vs Green Bay on 10/30

Thanksgiving Day at Detroit

Thursday night 12/1 at New England

Monday night 1/2 at Cincinnati

Plus two flex dates on 12/17 or 18 vs Miami and Jan 7 or 8 vs New England

Lots of late nights and lots of cold weather games.

It was really cool to get the Thanksgiving game against Dallas a few years ago.  Great way to spotlight an up and coming team.

Last year's Thanksgiving game against the Saints was fine.  Could have been a decent matchup if NO wasn't so injury riddled.  And at least it's a fun destination.

Another one?  Against Detroit this time?  Can't we just stick to 1:00 ET Sunday?

Logged in as a season ticket holder to buy some extra seats for friends. 
They wanted over $200 a seat to sit in the 300s for Pit and GB. No thanks. 

Settled for the Vikings and Browns a month later at $100 to sit in the 200s. 

I’ll be honest in that I’ll probably be at least a bit disappointed if they don’t make it to the Super Bowl this year, but at the same time, this particular group of Bills are so fun and easy to root for that I’m able to just enjoy watching them so much more than in the past. They’re a genuinely fun group of guys that also seem to really get it and seem to actually care about the community and fans. Very likable.

I’ll be honest in that I’ll probably be at least a bit disappointed if they don’t make it to the Super Bowl this year, but at the same time, this particular group of Bills are so fun and easy to root for that I’m able to just enjoy watching them so much more than in the past. They’re a genuinely fun group of guys that also seem to really get it and seem to actually care about the community and fans. Very likable.
As much as we all like the 1990s era SB teams, it's worth remembering that while those were fun teams to watch, they weren't always the easiest guys to root for.  Thomas and Reed always seemed to mad about something, Bruce always showed up injured on the first day of training camp but was able to make miraculous recoveries right around the time that two-a-days ended, and Kelly seemed like the kind of guy who would spend more time at the club than in the film room.  They all matured into pretty cool adults, but still.  And that's before you even factor how much those teams were hated by the rest of the country after the first couple of SB losses.

Today's team wins all sorts of popularity contests by way of comparison.  Strangely, the only guy who's not more personable than his 1990s counterpart is the HC, who's just a little more tightly wound than Marv was.

I sort of wish I was joking, but it's strange how many conversations involving me and my adult children end in a recap of how good the Bills are.  

Daughter: Dad, the guy at the oil change place said that my tires are getting low on tread.  What do I do?

Me: You're probably going to need new tires soon.  Have you priced SUV tires?  They're expensive.

Daughter: I haven't looked yet.  Is there someplace where you and mom buy tires?

[10 minutes later]

Me: I mean, he's built like a linebacker and has Brett Favre's arm talent.  Why not the ball in his hands on every fourth and short?

Daughter: :rolleyes:

I sort of wish I was joking, but it's strange how many conversations involving me and my adult children end in a recap of how good the Bills are.  

Daughter: Dad, the guy at the oil change place said that my tires are getting low on tread.  What do I do?

Me: You're probably going to need new tires soon.  Have you priced SUV tires?  They're expensive.

Daughter: I haven't looked yet.  Is there someplace where you and mom buy tires?

[10 minutes later]

Me: I mean, he's built like a linebacker and has Brett Favre's arm talent.  Why not the ball in his hands on every fourth and short?

Daughter: :rolleyes:
I live in South Jersey and I’m always amazed at how many Bills fans are in the area. The conversations are much different than they used to be. And what’s even more weird are the conversations with fans of other teams. Having other fans rave about the Bills still feels uncomfortable. 

It’s just camp and things are way different in shorts than with pads, but I’ve seen Tavon Austin mentioned by a few reporters now in both OTAs and camp now as someone looking really good.

I figured he was just a camp body, but who knows, maybe he finally figured things out.

I couldn't find the stat on it, but Singletary / Moss had abysmal numbers in the first 3/4 of the season as far as yards before contact goes.  The line just couldn't get it together as far as the run blocking went.  Constantly getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.  Then with Ryan Bates and Spencer Brown coming into form towards the end of the season things turned completely around.  Between the offseason additions and bringing back Aaron Kromer, the RB production should be much better this year.  Maybe not as hot as the final month and into the post-season but certainly better than last year as a whole.

I couldn't find the stat on it, but Singletary / Moss had abysmal numbers in the first 3/4 of the season as far as yards before contact goes.  The line just couldn't get it together as far as the run blocking went.  Constantly getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.  Then with Ryan Bates and Spencer Brown coming into form towards the end of the season things turned completely around.  Between the offseason additions and bringing back Aaron Kromer, the RB production should be much better this year.  Maybe not as hot as the final month and into the post-season but certainly better than last year as a whole.
I think that's a fairly safe bet.  The Bills aren't going to be a "running team" as long as Allen is under center, but McDermott was publicly POed about the poor running game for most of last season.  It was a major point of emphasis for much of the year, and I'd be surprised if that part of the offense wasn't more reliable this year.  Again, they're not going to put up gaudy RB stats, but they want the running game to at least be something that DCs have to think about, which just wasn't the case at all in 2021.  

From a fantasy perspective, Singletary is going to be the RB1 in this offense to start the season, but the Bills apparently really, really wanted to add a pass-catching RB.  Dorsey obviously sees this as an important part of whatever stamp he's trying to put on the offense, and Singletary is not one of those guys.  Now, Singletary might be the undisputed lead back all year, and the Bills just wanted to add somebody so the cupboard isn't bare when they let Singletary walk in FA at some point.  But it would not surprise me if we see very little of James Cook early and a lot more of James Cook after week 12 or so.   

Micah Hyde went down with a leg injury today. He was down for awhile and in pain before eventually riding in the passenger seat of the cart back to the locker room. That is really not ideal.

Link

If you follow these folks on Twitter, you've seen the mini dust-up going on right now involving credentialed reporters basically not being allowed to tell fans much of anything about what's happening in camp, while the Cover 1 guys are breaking down film and reporting every single detail of everything they see at practice.  

That got me to thinking -- do other teams have fan-led media outlets like Cover 1?  I guess I've always assumed they do since that seems like a natural thing in the internet age, but this is still a fairly new operation.  I don't think Cover 1 existed until after the drought ended, or at least I don't recall them existing.  Big fan though.  This sort of thing is great for driving fan engagement.

If you follow these folks on Twitter, you've seen the mini dust-up going on right now involving credentialed reporters basically not being allowed to tell fans much of anything about what's happening in camp, while the Cover 1 guys are breaking down film and reporting every single detail of everything they see at practice.  

That got me to thinking -- do other teams have fan-led media outlets like Cover 1?  I guess I've always assumed they do since that seems like a natural thing in the internet age, but this is still a fairly new operation.  I don't think Cover 1 existed until after the drought ended, or at least I don't recall them existing.  Big fan though.  This sort of thing is great for driving fan engagement.
Yeah, I can imagine why credentialed reporters are upset. I can’t believe the players haven’t been cracked down on yet as well because several of them have talked with the Cover1 crew and discussed stuff that I thought for sure would be stuff the team would not want them talking about.

Cover1 is great though. The only thing that drives me a bit nuts sometimes is that they definitely come across as biased fans who look at things with rose-colored glasses for sure.

Ok. Hear me out. Reports just came out that Raquon Smith just requested a trade from the Bears. I don’t think the Bills are completely sold on Tremaine Edmunds.
Would it even make sense to swap Edmunds (plus a pick probably) for Smith? I like Edmunds. But imagine Smith playing behind our D-line…

Ok. Hear me out. Reports just came out that Raquon Smith just requested a trade from the Bears. I don’t think the Bills are completely sold on Tremaine Edmunds.
Would it even make sense to swap Edmunds (plus a pick probably) for Smith? I like Edmunds. But imagine Smith playing behind our D-line…

I actually get the opposite feeling on the Bills feelings on Edmunds. I think the fans are lukewarm at best but that the organization loves him. He does struggle quite a bit against power running games, but his ability to chase RBs and mobile QBs sideline to sideline is huge and his abilities against the pass disrupt passing games more than numbers always reflect.

I’m still pretty lukewarm on him due to his still too frequent mental lapses, but I just don’t see the Bills moving on from him, especially if they’d have to give up much in return.

I actually get the opposite feeling on the Bills feelings on Edmunds. I think the fans are lukewarm at best but that the organization loves him. He does struggle quite a bit against power running games, but his ability to chase RBs and mobile QBs sideline to sideline is huge and his abilities against the pass disrupt passing games more than numbers always reflect.

I’m still pretty lukewarm on him due to his still too frequent mental lapses, but I just don’t see the Bills moving on from him, especially if they’d have to give up much in return.
I think that they haven’t extended him says a lot. Then drafted his possible replacement in the 3rd.
I also just think Smith is in a different league than Edmunds. And if we’re going to be shelling out a ton for a long term contract, I’d rather it be Smith.

I see the logic in a trade like that but I don’t see them trading away their defensive captain who calls the plays this close to the season.

On a different note, this Dline might be very fun to watch.

The Bills like Edmunds, I think. But they can't extend Edmunds AND Knox AND Oliver. And that assumes they let Singletary walk after this year. And Davis looks like a guy who is going to be pricey in a year or two.

It would make a lot of sense to look at what other options are out there, but we all know that good DTs and TEs are harder to find and develop than MLBs. Just saying.

Also, now is not the time to make moves. This roster is stacked. Not broke, do not fix.

The Bills like Edmunds, I think. But they can't extend Edmunds AND Knox AND Oliver. And that assumes they let Singletary walk after this year. And Davis looks like a guy who is going to be pricey in a year or two.

It would make a lot of sense to look at what other options are out there, but we all know that good DTs and TEs are harder to find and develop than MLBs. Just saying.

Also, now is not the time to make moves. This roster is stacked. Not broke, do not fix.
It’s why I think they drafted Bernard.

It’s why I think they drafted Bernard.

Or is Bernard to replace 28 year old Matt Milano in a year or 2?

Von Miller is making a huge push to make get OBJ on the Bills. And honestly, it kind of sounds like it may very well happen.

I’m not sure how I feel about it. I don’t feel like OBJ has been a real difference maker for a few years, but he’s also had essentially no offensive support until last year when he did fairly well for the Rams. But he’s a veteran, he’s still probably better than everyone but Diggs and Davis, and he would make defenses at least have to think more if he can get back to himself by November. And then again on the flip side, drama and media circus has tended to follow him. Things the Bills want nothing to do with as they focus on the goal. But back to the flip side, the Rams just won a Super Bowl with him being an important part of the team and the Bills still are without one.

Thoughts?

Von Miller is making a huge push to make get OBJ on the Bills. And honestly, it kind of sounds like it may very well happen.

I’m not sure how I feel about it. I don’t feel like OBJ has been a real difference maker for a few years, but he’s also had essentially no offensive support until last year when he did fairly well for the Rams. But he’s a veteran, he’s still probably better than everyone but Diggs and Davis, and he would make defenses at least have to think more if he can get back to himself by November. And then again on the flip side, drama and media circus has tended to follow him. Things the Bills want nothing to do with as they focus on the goal. But back to the flip side, the Rams just won a Super Bowl with him being an important part of the team and the Bills still are without one.

Thoughts?
No thanks.

I mean, if the Bills do sign him, I have a lot of confidence in McBeene to know what they're doing. I'll get on board with that immediately. But just knowing what I know as a fan, I'm not at all sold on OBJ for the same reasons that you stated. Also, our offense is absolutely loaded with not enough footballs to go around as it is. If they want to add an IOL guy, yeah sure absolutely. But I can see a scenario where yet another skill position player, a high-profile and loud one at that -- just becomes another mouth to feed. I don't want Dorsey to have to worry about tweaking the offense heading into crunch time.

Users who are viewing this thread