What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (16 Viewers)

Most points and 2nd most points again. Always going to be entertaining games. Wish I got more of this offense in fantasy, but always just missed on Amon-ra and drafted top 7 in all my leagues so never had a chance at swift :(

BobbyLayne power rankings
  1. Buffalo (2-0)
  2. Kansas City (2-0)
  3. Miami (2-0)
  4. Philadelphia (2-0)
  5. Tampa Bay (2-0)
  6. Los Angeles Chargers (1-1)
  7. Las Angeles Rams (1-1)
  8. Baltimore (1-1)
  9. Green Bay (1-1)
  10. Minnesota (1-1)
  11. San Francisco (1-1)
  12. New Orleans (1-1)
  13. Arizona (1-1)
  14. Denver (1-1)
  15. Pittsburgh (1-1)
  16. Detroit (1-1)
  17. New England (1-1)
  18. Dallas (1-1)
  19. Cincinnati (0-2)
  20. New York Giants (2-0)
  21. Cleveland (1-1)
  22. Las Vegas (0-2)
  23. Jacksonville (1-1)
  24. Washington (1-1)
  25. Chicago (1-1)
  26. Tennessee (0-2)
  27. New York Jets (1-1)
  28. Seattle (1-1)
  29. Indianapolis (0-1-1)
  30. Houston (0-1-1)
  31. Carolina (0-2)
  32. Atlanta (0-2)

Looks like Bucs and Pack are going to have trouble scoring points this year. SF benefits this season from Lance injury.
Glass half full - Lions offense Glass half empty- Lions Defense
Roderigo best run stopping LB per PFF but pass defense not so good. Washington targeted him in second half.

Vikes are the first road game and will give us a picture of where we are. We have not been a good road team and Cook has lit us up so often.

Looks like Bucs and Pack are going to have trouble scoring points this year. SF benefits this season from Lance injury.
Glass half full - Lions offense Glass half empty- Lions Defense
Roderigo best run stopping LB per PFF but pass defense not so good. Washington targeted him in second half.

Vikes are the first road game and will give us a picture of where we are. We have not been a good road team and Cook has lit us up so often.

Jefferson killed us last year as well

Rodrigo is rarely in coverage - usually has underneath responsibility in quarters. We’re running Nickel as our base w/ 2 LBs.

First half last week was very encouraging to me. Easy to envision how much a great pass rush just makes everyones job so much easier.

1. Buffalo (2-0)
  2. Kansas City (2-0)
  3. Miami (2-0)
  4. Philadelphia (2-0)
  5. Tampa Bay (2-0)
  8. Baltimore (1-1)
  9. Green Bay (1-1)
  10. Minnesota (1-1)
  11. San Francisco (1-1)
  12. New Orleans (1-1)
  13. Arizona (1-1)
  14. Denver (1-1)
  15. Pittsburgh (1-1)
  16. Detroit (1-1)
  17. New England (1-1)
  18. Dallas (1-1)
  19. Cincinnati (0-2)
  21. Cleveland (1-1)
  22. Las Vegas (0-2)
  23. Jacksonville (1-1)
  24. Washington (1-1)
  25. Chicago (1-1)
  26. Tennessee (0-2)
  27. New York Jets (1-1)
  28. Seattle (1-1)
  29. Indianapolis (0-1-1)
  30. Houston (0-1-1)
  31. Carolina (0-2)
  32. Atlanta (0-2)

NFL.com Power Rankings - 16th

Lion`s offense mentioned in the same sentence as Bill and Chiefs is not too shabby.

A year ago we went 10 consecutive games (WK 2-12) scoring less than 20 points. Last 6 we topped 29 four times (coincided with ARSB coming into his own.)

This year is just a continuation of that progression. Couple new guys but it’s the same core group.

Dan Miller is a gem

Unless we get flexed sometime (weeks 5-15), I’ll probably only see four Lions games this year. The opener was shown here, the two gages at Met Life, and Thanksgiving. Last weekend I listened to the broadcast.

I love his enthusiasm. This is his 17th year, second longest play by play in the club’s history. I grew up on Van Patrick (1950-74.)

ARSB 1st TD / Goff’s 1st win

Even when I don’t listen to the play by play, I love when the post his call with the highlights.

OK

I was trying to point out we don’t lead the league in points (thread title.)

We were tied for first before the Bills game. Now tied for second.

Lion`s offense mentioned in the same sentence as Bills and Chiefs is not too shabby.

The Lions are doing it without defensive or special teams scores. This is a legit top 5 offense. Defense has a ways to go, but we definitely got several very good pieces. Much better than last year.

@Lions WR @amonra_stbrown has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week. In Week 2, he became the 3rd WR in @nfl history to produce a game with 100 rec. yards, 2 rec. TDs & 60 rushing yards. The last Lions WR to win a POTW Award was @calvinjohnsonjr in 2015. #OnePride

Dan Miller is a gem

Unless we get flexed sometime (weeks 5-15), I’ll probably only see four Lions games this year. The opener was shown here, the two gages at Met Life, and Thanksgiving. Last weekend I listened to the broadcast.

I love his enthusiasm. This is his 17th year, second longest play by play in the club’s history. I grew up on Van Patrick (1950-74.)

Even when I don’t listen to the play by play, I love when the post his call with the highlights.
Love Dan. Thought for sure he’d go national or leave for a larger market. Glad he’s happy here. He hosts Sports Works Sunday nights on the local Fox affiliate. Dan and local sports reporters discuss the week in sports...great way to end a weekend especially during football season.

Dan Miller is a gem

Love Dan. Thought for sure he’d go national or leave for a larger market. Glad he’s happy here. He hosts Sports Works Sunday nights on the local Fox affiliate. Dan and local sports reporters discuss the week in sports...great way to end a weekend especially during football season.

Dan is a great announcer and a good guy. I have seen him a number of times over the years at a local market and around town so I know he has to live around me somewhere.

I was behind him in line at the market a couple of years ago pre-covid, he glances back and I say "Dapper Dan, love your work" Gave me the fist bump and said thanks my friend.

@Lions WR @amonra_stbrown has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week. In Week 2, he became the 3rd WR in @nfl history to produce a game with 100 rec. yards, 2 rec. TDs & 60 rushing yards. The last Lions WR to win a POTW Award was @calvinjohnsonjr in 2015. #OnePride
If not for Slay we would have had another one.

If not for Slay we would have had another one.

No issue there. Love Big Play, every year he has a couple games he puts his team on his back.

Aidan is gonna stack games like last Sunday. Stays healthy, he’s the best pass rusher we’ve had since Robert Porcher. Hopefully better.
Hope he’s close to 100% this weekend. Will keep a close eye on the practice report. He looked to be in bad shape at the end of the last game.

MCDC presser
  • RB D'Andre Swift went to walk through but probably will have a day off
  • LG Jonah Jackson will be out today
  • C Ragnow will be limited
  • CB Armani Oruwariye will be limited
  • DE John Cominsky (10 pressures, 8 hurries, & 1 sack) had hand surgery yesterday and "he's gonna be down for a little while", haven't made a decision on IR; Antonio Bryant will see more snaps in the rotation

Goff on ARSB

“Yeah, it’s a crazy stat, 8 games in a row, but it doesn’t feel forced, I’m going to him because he’s open.”

@LionsPR

Through Week 2, the @Lions have generated 48 total QB pressures, tied for the most in the @nfl (per @PFF).

Detroit's pressure has forced 8 throwaways from opposing QBs, the most in the #NFL this season.

MCDC injury updates:
  • C Frank Ragnow is doing better and like he'll practice
  • DE Aidan Hutchinson will practice today
  • RD D'Andre Swift - continuing to monitor & be smart with
  • LG Jonah Jackson not practicing today

Jonah is probably out....but it looks like Ragnow, Hutch, Swift, Amani, and Melifonwu, are playing. Walker may be questionable.

1. Buffalo (2-0)
  2. Kansas City (2-0)
  3. Miami (2-0)
  4. Philadelphia (2-0)
  5. Tampa Bay (2-0)
  8. Baltimore (1-1)
  9. Green Bay (1-1)
  10. Minnesota (1-1)
  11. San Francisco (1-1)
  12. New Orleans (1-1)
  13. Arizona (1-1)
  14. Denver (1-1)
  15. Pittsburgh (1-1)
  16. Detroit (1-1)
  17. New England (1-1)
  18. Dallas (1-1)
  19. Cincinnati (0-2)
  21. Cleveland (1-1)
  22. Las Vegas (0-2)
  23. Jacksonville (1-1)
  24. Washington (1-1)
  25. Chicago (1-1)
  26. Tennessee (0-2)
  27. New York Jets (1-1)
  28. Seattle (1-1)
  29. Indianapolis (0-1-1)
  30. Houston (0-1-1)
  31. Carolina (0-2)
  32. Atlanta (0-2)
wayy to high on Miami. Fortunate to win last week, beat a high school team in the Patriots in 110 degree heat on the field. Beat Ravens in the last few minutes mostly due to stupidity on the Ravens part.
You're too trusting of SD, err, LA Chargers. they look like the same ole' chargers that snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. they might be without Herbert for 2-4 weeks. even with him they're a borderline playoff team.
You're too high on Denver at no. 14. If they play the Lions 10 times who wins more? I bet the Lions would win 8 of the 10 games, maybe all 10. Hackett is a lesser head coach in over his head. he and the GM will be fired at season's end. bad hire, bad coach.
KC doesn't belong at #2. they cannot stop the run. when they get involved with a team like TB , a guy like Uncle Lenny will tear them to shreds. lets see what they do against JT this week.
Philly is too low. it should be buff tampa philly as top 3 teams.

I was thinking this was a sure L, but now not sure. The Lions have a real chance at this. The Vikings should bounce back after a poor showing on MNF, but if the Lions can get pressure on Cousins, this game is very winnable and the Lions are one of the best in the league on QB pressures

Also, with Watkins on IR, I don't see any WR on GB who Rogers trusts. The Packers may struggle until they figure things out.

A win today will have Lions fans more excited than they have been since 2014.

Last edited:
Seem like Lions o-line is more delicate than fine china. Would like to see 4-5 games in a row with all of them playing. This is unreal.

Lions pass rush not as effective in this game. St. Brown and Swift both being hobbled limits the offensive. Went all out to stop Jefferson.

Another idiotic time out by Campbell.

Credit to Vikes for staying close and pulling it out.

Lions pass rush not as effective in this game. St. Brown and Swift both being hobbled limits the offensive. Went all out to stop Jefferson.

Another idiotic time out by Campbell.

Credit to Vikes for staying close and pulling it out.
When they pressured Kirk early they got him to release to early. Not enough of that in the second half.

"I hate it. I just hate the decision."

-- Dan Campbell on attempting the final field goal

Dan Campbell says he "frickin' regrets" attempting the final field goal late in the fourth quarter

Bad news on Tracy Walker.

"It doesn't look real good," Dan Campbell said. "Obviously it's the ankle area, possibly the Achilles."

Never, ever a good sign when the A-word is dropped

Just too erratic with the yo-yoing between aggression/passivity ... trusting the defense in spots it rarely shows it has been capable, not trusting it in spots when it has shown capable. Dan Campbell still searching for his feel in many ways here.

3/16 on 3rd down today

“I regret that decision 100%. I feel like I cost our team the game.”

- Dan Campbell on the decision to attempt the 54 FG with 1:10 left

Evan Brown had a good game at RG

Okudah had a good game really limited Jefferson

Oruwariye had the worst game I can remember him ever having, grabbing receivers all day

Goff

“We’re not close. We’re there. We have the offense. We have the defense. We have coaches. We didn’t close it out and we’ve got to get that part right.”

Give the Vikings defense some credit they shut down the running game in second half and made plays at the end. Their OL also provided better protection in second half.

I thought this game was sure to be a loss. First road game for a very young team.

Disappointed that we gave it away, but very encouraging that we were in position to win that game.

I thought this game was sure to be a loss. First road game for a very young team.

Disappointed that we gave it away, but very encouraging that we were in position to win that game.

super frustrating

off topic - been meaning to ask what's the story behind your username?

DC might have cost the Lions 2 possible wins this season. With luck they are 3-0, without 2-1. Instead they are 1-2 with a division loss.

Right now he is not making correct in game decisions according to analytics.

All the fire is great, but in the end you have to put your team in the best position to win. In 2 years DC has not done that. This team is not the SOL but bad coaching decisions make them seem that way.

This team is almost there.
"This team is almost" could be the Lions' motto for a while. If it isn't already. Lots of "grit", but not quite the talent, and key mistakes showing up everywhere.

Geno Smith, Cooper Rush and maybe Brian Hoyer (and a bye) in between, so it wouldn't be that surprising if they won the next 3 games. We'll have to see what happens, though. Calling the NFL unpredictable is a vast understatement this year.

Okudah had a good game really limited Jefferson
Okudah was covering Jefferson on 32 of his 41 routes.

Great to see him playing well post-Achilles. Okudah was a Stingley/Gardner level prospect when he came out.

Even at 1-2, I'm pretty impressed by the Lions. If St. Brown and Swift hadn't been banged up, I think they pull it out today, and they are probably only a few more weeks away from Jameson Williams.

Defense has given up the most points in NFL unless either Cowboys or Giants give up 60 Monday Night. Not being able to make stops with the game on the line vs Phi and Minn. Some of the high capital spent on defensive draft choices has not paid off yet. Levi O., Pascal, Barnett, Iggy M.

On the other hand offense has scored second most points NFL unless either Cowboys or Giants score in the sixties on Monday Night.

As was mentioned last year by several, some of Campbell's offbeat decisions didn't matter much last year when we were playing for nothing. But they do matter now when the team is in contention. Our hope is that Campbell grows in the role and learns from past games. I'm still very grateful for the hope that he and Holmes have brought to Lion football.

Lions played well enough to win their first road game against a better than average team and that's a good sign. Goff has played well enough for them and has carried over the improvement from the end of last year.

Rams won again, so sad.

Defense has given up the most points in NFL unless either Cowboys or Giants give up 60 Monday Night. Not being able to make stops with the game on the line vs Phi and Minn. Some of the high capital spent on defensive draft choices has not paid off yet. Levi O., Pascal, Barnett, Iggy M.

On the other hand offense has scored second most points NFL unless either Cowboys or Giants score in the sixties on Monday Night.

As was mentioned last year by several, some of Campbell's offbeat decisions didn't matter much last year when we were playing for nothing. But they do matter now when the team is in contention. Our hope is that Campbell grows in the role and learns from past games. I'm still very grateful for the hope that he and Holmes have brought to Lion football.

Lions played well enough to win their first road game against a better than average team and that's a good sign. Goff has played well enough for them and has carried over the improvement from the end of last year.

Rams won again, so sad.

Actually Holmes hitting on some of his later round picks has over shadowed some questionable early picks.

4/6 on fourth down overall yesterday

Aggressive coaching led to 17 points vs 6 if MCDC plays it conventionally (at best - with our shaky placekicking who knows)
  • OTOH, the 4th and 1 at midfield with 5 minutes left in the first half gave Minnesota a short field that led to a tying touchdown
  • the 4th and inches (18") with ten minutes left was especially perplexing; missed the shot to Josh Reynolds on 3rd down - Patrick Peterson got. a hand in there - but then we punt?
  • the 4th and 4 FGA - the worst possible choice....a) go for it and make it, game over; b) go for it and don't make it, same situation but 7-8 yards difference; c) pooch punt it - make the Vikings go 50-60 yards for the game tying FGA or 85-95 to score the game winner; d) make the FGA (lolololololol not with Seibert you won't) and Minnesota can still win the game with a TD + XP.
:shrug:

Aggressive coaching led to 17 points. Take the bad with the good. But agree with you (& have said as much upthread) he has to do a better job with in game decisions. One thing about yesterday is there were probably some mitigating factors to the 4th Q 4th down decisions - he brought it up twice yesterday but demurred to be specific ("I don't want to say" I don't to give opponents to much here") - I suspect he's referring to the Swift shoulder injury further limited them.

Last year they continued to run the ball very well with both Jamaal and D'Andre out - Craig Reynolds, Jemar Jefferson and Godwin Igwebuike were all effective. Really not that much downside to letting Swift get better the next three weeks (SEA, at NE, bye) and just roll with Williams, Reynolds and Justin Jackson.

Users who are viewing this thread