What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions 0-0: Who comes? Sutton goes.. (14 Viewers)

AA is 23 and his rookie deal runs through 2018. Riddick's extension takes him through 2019.

Yeah, I've had that same thought about roster management. Earlier in the year we had a brief discussion about Ziggy - do you give him $15-20M per in the off-season and use up all your cap space? "The Patriot Way" would be to play it out in 2017, then let him walk.
If Abdullah fails to do anything or is hurt again I could see Detroit cutting him and moving on from the last year of his contract. No sense in holding onto him if he's just going to be on the IR or underperform. I admit though when healthy he does look good. I did draft him this year hoping he was this year's Freeman. 

I think Detroit has to try and keep Ziggy... That defense is not far from being very very good. At that point it doesn't matter who is your RB or WR. Stafford throwing the ball, a top defense, good OL and you'll be competitive. 

AA is 23 and his rookie deal runs through 2018. Riddick's extension takes him through 2019.

Yeah, I've had that same thought about roster management. Earlier in the year we had a brief discussion about Ziggy - do you give him $15-20M per in the off-season and use up all your cap space? "The Patriot Way" would be to play it out in 2017, then let him walk.
Abdullah wasn't a 1st rd draft choice so its only a 3 year deal.  Now the team should be able to put a restricted tender on him but its not a 4 year deal with a team option for a 5th

Ok, I'm not a huge Lions fan, but I paid attention to them this year since being a Jets fan was a lost cause.
The Cubs, the Cavs, The Lions I had hoped. But when fans settle for mediocrity, the team heads will let it go on.

Lions were 9-4 finished 9-7
Packers were 4-6 finished 10-6

Lions lost the division instead of putting it away, and that buys a coach another year because NYG saved them?
When you set the bar this low, its why first round playoffs losses are so enjoyable to this city.

Had a chance for a division crown at home and a home game against the NYG, but instead they choke down the stretch and couldnt do it.
Re-up that coach please, we will settle for just good enough.
Guess you can tell why this team has not won a SB ever or a division title since 1993.

Calwell cant beat the Packers, he cant win this division. You draft to win your division, you need coaches who know how to win it too.

Ok, I'm not a huge Lions fan, but I paid attention to them this year since being a Jets fan was a lost cause.
The Cubs, the Cavs, The Lions I had hoped. But when fans settle for mediocrity, the team heads will let it go on.

Lions lost the division instead of putting it away, and that buys a coach another year because NYG saved them?
When you set the bar this low, its why first round playoffs losses are so enjoyable to this city.

Had a chance for a division crown at home and a home game against the NYG, but instead they choke down the stretch and couldnt do it.
Guess you can tell why this team has not won a SB ever or a division title since 1993.

Calwell cant beat the Packers, he cant win this division. You draft to win your division, you need coaches who know how to win it too.
If you paid attention, you wouldn't use the word "choke".

I'm not a huge Caldwell fan, but he is 27-21 as Lions coach. And made the playoffs 2 of 3 years.

That's fairly remarkable in Detroit.

I'm not a huge Caldwell fan, but he is 27-21 as Lions coach. And made the playoffs 2 of 3 years.

That's fairly remarkable in Detroit.
Yes, around here just making the playoffs puts you on the level of not getting fired. No running game & a defense not good enough to stop the better teams is why they lost against every playoff caliber team they played this year. Yet as usual people obsess about the QB & HC. This team overachieved just to get to 9 wins.

Wiki sums up this franchises HC philosophy nicely; from Daryl Rogers bio:

Rogers was hired by the Detroit Lions in 1985 as head coach. He went 7–9 in 1985 (with home wins over four playoff teams), 5–11 in 1986, 4–11 in 1987, and 2–9 in 1988, for a career record with the Lions of 18–40.[1] One of his more famous quotes during his unsuccessful tenure with the Lions was when he once wondered aloud to reporters after a loss, "What does a coach have to do around here to get fired?" He was succeeded by Wayne Fontes.

To be clear, Caldwell wasn't extended. They confirmed he is coming back for the final year of his contract. Neither Quinn or Wolf commented publicly & said last week they won't until after the season.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/01/jim_caldwell_mum_on_contract_e.html

He is the only Lions HC of the SB era to make the playoffs two of his first three years. He's the 2nd winningest HC after 3 years in their history (only Buddy Parker in '52-'54.)

Achieve at a historic level, should be fired. Seems reasonable, no? That would send a great message to prospective HCs. Hey come  work for a franchise that fires you even if you're better than the last 16 clowns that came through here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad Allen will be the lead official Saturday night. You might remember him from the Week 2 loss to the Titans. 17 penalties resulting in 138 yards against the Lions, 3 touchdowns taken off the board.

Good news! It's an All-Star crew.

I see some saying "thats remarkable for Detroit." Just my point.
I'll just repeat what I said in my OP.
"When you set the bar this low, its why first round playoffs losses are so enjoyable to this city."
They need to strive for better, Caldwell doesnt provide that, they need to promote JBCooter before he gets away. IMHO
Stafford and this offense saved the Lions, not Caldwell. It wasnt Caldwell and his playcalling leading Stafford down the field in the 4th Quarter.
This team isnt prepared most games and doesnt play hard when it needs to. Playoffs 2 of 3 years? Sure, thats nice. 0-1 in playoffs. 0-2 in Division winning week 17s in those two playoff season. 0-5 vs playoff teams this year. 0-2 vs Div champ this year. 0-3 with the Division on the line down the stretch. If thats good enough for Lions fans, so be it. Not one meaningful win, not one.

I see some saying "thats remarkable for Detroit." Just my point.
I'll just repeat what I said in my OP.
"When you set the bar this low, its why first round playoffs losses are so enjoyable to this city."
They need to strive for better, Caldwell doesnt provide that, they need to promote JBCooter before he gets away. IMHO
Stafford and this offense saved the Lions, not Caldwell. It wasnt Caldwell and his playcalling leading Stafford down the field in the 4th Quarter.
This team isnt prepared most games and doesnt play hard when it needs to. Playoffs 2 of 3 years? Sure, thats nice. 0-1 in playoffs. 0-2 in Division winning week 17s in those two playoff season. 0-5 vs playoff teams this year. 0-2 vs Div champ this year. 0-3 with the Division on the line down the stretch. If thats good enough for Lions fans, so be it. Not one meaningful win, not one.
Honestly, this team doesn't have the talent to be in the playoffs.  And this "prolific offense" that Cooter is running is 21st in the league, albeit with no running game whatsoever.  It's an average team who has gotten lucky against mediocre teams to reach the playoffs.  I'm not a big fan of Caldwell and if there was a candidate out there that was a can't miss, sure get rid of him.  I think finishing out his contract is the right move, give them one more year to add some more talent and if they don't win then move on.  There a handful of HC that give their teams a measurable advantage, ultimately it's the players and Detroit just isn't quite there.

Brad Allen will be the lead official Saturday night. You might remember him from the Week 2 loss to the Titans. 17 penalties resulting in 138 yards against the Lions, 3 touchdowns taken off the board.

Good news! It's an All-Star crew.
Isn't "All-Star Crew" an oxymoron?

And where are all you Doubting Lionesses coming from?

Not a fan of either team just an observer,The Lions D is good enough to keep this game close into the fourth quarter(Seahawks O hasn't been tearing things up)

I think Stafford gets a chance to win this one late. In fact I'll call it right here,Stafford to Ebron for the winning TD!

Honestly, this team doesn't have the talent to be in the playoffs.  And this "prolific offense" that Cooter is running is 21st in the league, albeit with no running game whatsoever.  It's an average team who has gotten lucky against mediocre teams to reach the playoffs.  I'm not a big fan of Caldwell and if there was a candidate out there that was a can't miss, sure get rid of him.  I think finishing out his contract is the right move, give them one more year to add some more talent and if they don't win then move on.  There a handful of HC that give their teams a measurable advantage, ultimately it's the players and Detroit just isn't quite there.
While they are 0-5 vs playoff teams, they had a very tough schedule against bubble teams (5). So 10 of their 16 games were against playoff or playoff caliber teams. That is not counting Philly which early on when they beat them they looked like they could make the playoffs. In fact, the Lions started the Eagle's downward spiral

They lost 5 games by one score or less. Their worst losses were to NYG (11) and DAL (21). Otherwise they were in those games (besides the GB game where they were really down by 14 before a hail mary). 

I'm having a hard time finding "mediocre" teams on their schedule:
5 games were against playoff teams (GB, GB, DAL, NYG, HOU)
5 games were against bubble teams (MIN, MIN, WAS, TEN, IND)
2 games were against a mediocre team (PHI, NO)
4 games were against bad teams (CHI, CHI, JAX, LA)

They beat NO pretty handedly... their D looked great that game. So I wouldn't say they got lucky. Beat MIN twice, which can be tough in the division. Split with Chicago which is reasonable given the divisional status. 

They beat PHI by 1... so yeah I guess we could say they got lucky vs 1 mediocre team

Very underrated. Their defense really came on near the end but then Slay got hurt. Did a pretty good job vs Jordy in the last game of the year but you have to wonder how much back to 100% he was. Seattle is a MUCH better matchup for DET than any other playoff team. I see DET's D doing a pretty good job vs SEA and keeping them to below 20 points. Detroit 24, Seattle 17

I have confidence in Quinn. Another solid draft and we'll be a little further along. It's not like this team is like one FA or one playmaker away from making a deep run. In an honest assessment, there are a lot of needs.

• QB - we're good
  • HB - not the most pressing need, if healthy Ameer/Riddick/ZZ can be effective
  • WR/TE - Boldin will be 37 next year, 15th year, not sure if early/healthy Marvin is a true #1, Tate's an excellent gadget guy with terrific YAC, Ebron is making strides but can't block - for all the limitations the current group has, the real need is for a true WR1, and this probably isn't the year to chase one.
  • OL - we're getting there, probably gonna need to add at a minimum a replacement for Reiff and pony up for Warford
  • DL - edge rusher to complement Ziggy
  • LB - biggest need in a landslide in my view, they need either a pass rusher, a cover guy, or a run stuffer - but the current group is the weak link
  • DB - pretty solid group when healthy but like the WR group we're lacking key components. We haven't had a big hitting Safety since Delmas. Lawson & Diggs are solid, Slay is very good, it's an OK S group if everyone comes back, but Quinn is going into year 9. Need someone who can cover or else a hard hitter. You're not gonna find Pro Bowl talent DBs on Day 3, stop dreaming you'll find the next Richard Sherman in the 4th/5th and go for a guy early
  • Ks - good for a long time here
A new HC doesn't address the real issue here, which is talent. But I believe Quinn is on the right track. I haven't become a Caldwell fan by any means but he does bring value to the table. He's a good organizer, he's made some good hires, and the players respond to him. I have zero issue with him coaching in 2017.

If Quinn is as ruthless as we all hope he is, the next coach will have three solid drafts to move forward with, and by then (TC 2018) we'll probably have Stafford and Ziggy re-upped. That team could be poised to make a run. This team isn't.

While they are 0-5 vs playoff teams, they had a very tough schedule against bubble teams (5). So 10 of their 16 games were against playoff or playoff caliber teams. That is not counting Philly which early on when they beat them they looked like they could make the playoffs. In fact, the Lions started the Eagle's downward spiral

They lost 5 games by one score or less. Their worst losses were to NYG (11) and DAL (21). Otherwise they were in those games (besides the GB game where they were really down by 14 before a hail mary). 

I'm having a hard time finding "mediocre" teams on their schedule:
5 games were against playoff teams (GB, GB, DAL, NYG, HOU)
5 games were against bubble teams (MIN, MIN, WAS, TEN, IND)
2 games were against a mediocre team (PHI, NO)
4 games were against bad teams (CHI, CHI, JAX, LA)

They beat NO pretty handedly... their D looked great that game. So I wouldn't say they got lucky. Beat MIN twice, which can be tough in the division. Split with Chicago which is reasonable given the divisional status. 

They beat PHI by 1... so yeah I guess we could say they got lucky vs 1 mediocre team

Very underrated. Their defense really came on near the end but then Slay got hurt. Did a pretty good job vs Jordy in the last game of the year but you have to wonder how much back to 100% he was. Seattle is a MUCH better matchup for DET than any other playoff team. I see DET's D doing a pretty good job vs SEA and keeping them to below 20 points. Detroit 24, Seattle 17

Houston is mediocre and so are those bubble teams, just like Detroit.  That's 8 games against mediocre, 4 against bad teams.  They easily could have ended up 1-3 versus said bad teams.

Houston is mediocre and so are those bubble teams, just like Detroit.  That's 8 games against mediocre, 4 against bad teams.  They easily could have ended up 1-3 versus said bad teams.
I'll give you Houston. But there's something to be said about a team that made the playoffs with a winning record. 

I strongly disagree with Washington and Tennessee as mediocre. Indianapolis and Minnesota are debatable. Minnesota was in the playoff race until 2-3 weeks ago. Indianapolis started the year looking good, but Luck getting hurt didn't help much and they had a few bad losses. I will give you those two because they went 8-8 and the definition of mediocre would be 8-8. 

For comparison, let's look at NE's schedule:

1. W vs Cardinals (7-8-1, mediocre)
2. W vs Dolphins (10-6, playoff team, or would you define this as mediocre?)
3. W vs Texans (9-7, playoff team but you define them as mediocre)
4. L vs Bills (7-9, mediocre)
5. W vs Browns (1-15, bad)
6. W vs Bengals 6-9-1, bad)
7. W vs Steelers (11-5, playoff, good)
8. W vs Bills (7-9, mediocre)
10. L vs Seahawks (9-7, playoff mediocre)
11. W vs 49ers (2-14, bad)
12. W vs Jets (5-11, bad)
13. W vs Rams (4-12, bad)
14. W vs Ravens (8-8, mediocre)
15. W vs Broncos (9-7 mediocre)
16. W vs Jets (5-11, bad)
17. W vs Dolphins (10-6, mediocre?)

I count 9 mediocre teams, 6 bad teams, and 1 good team... Not saying Detroit is New England but if we are going to criticize a team based on their strength of schedule, let's look no further than NE. I think if Detroit had NE's schedule they would have over 10 wins easily. 

A new HC doesn't address the real issue here, which is talent. But I believe Quinn is on the right track. I haven't become a Caldwell fan by any means but he does bring value to the table. He's a good organizer, he's made some good hires, and the players respond to him. I have zero issue with him coaching in 2017.

If Quinn is as ruthless as we all hope he is, the next coach will have three solid drafts to move forward with, and by then (TC 2018) we'll probably have Stafford and Ziggy re-upped. That team could be poised to make a run. This team isn't.
Good breakdown.

One thing they need - which was highlighted this year - is depth. That's where Quinn should really help. Because with all the injuries NFL teams have, you need guys who can step in and be adequate. 

You think they let Reiff walk?

Also I read someone's preview of the upcoming draft and they said the best position in the draft is pass rushers. So would be nice if the Lions got one of those. Someone DE who can "block out the sun." - See Wayne Fontes, 1991.

Good breakdown.

One thing they need - which was highlighted this year - is depth. That's where Quinn should really help. Because with all the injuries NFL teams have, you need guys who can step in and be adequate. 

You think they let Reiff walk?

Also I read someone's preview of the upcoming draft and they said the best position in the draft is pass rushers. So would be nice if the Lions got one of those. Someone DE who can "block out the sun." - See Wayne Fontes, 1991.
You don't think we had good depth this year? 

Honestly, I thought they did fine combating the inevitable injuries. Quinn turned like 30% of the roster from last year - look upthread, I had a post on it - and only 4 teams replaced more snaps (only 2 had more turnover on D.) 

We def had better depth and dealt with injuries effectively at OL, DL (esp DT), and DBs (esp S.) We finished the year with our 3rd string HB. Losing 2 of the 3 starting corners hurt us bad ((Diggs was a decent slot corner.) Our LBs were not deep. Well, they weren't good to begin with. We struggled when Marvin Jones was out, both Jones & Roberts have serious limitations. If the iron man (#9) ever goes down again, forget it. But overall, we handled next man up better than years past.

I think that is a Quinn strength - you HAVE to have depth in the NFL. It's a point of emphasis & will continue to be.

RE: Reiff v. Warford, I think they can resign the RG without a huge deal. Reiff is just average - whereas Warford really graded out well in run blocking - and he's likely gonna cost us a lot more.

Would really like to see a draft go something like DE/LB, CB/S, OT, OG. Keep building the D and solidifying the line.

We don't have great playmakers outside of AA/Theo & Tate, but to me controlling the line of scrimmage is more important. And we def need another DB who is good in coverage. Maybe Killebrew develops into a hard hitting S, but I'm not sure he has the speed to play every down.

Dr. Brew said:
I'll give you Houston. But there's something to be said about a team that made the playoffs with a winning record. 

I strongly disagree with Washington and Tennessee as mediocre. Indianapolis and Minnesota are debatable. Minnesota was in the playoff race until 2-3 weeks ago. Indianapolis started the year looking good, but Luck getting hurt didn't help much and they had a few bad losses. I will give you those two because they went 8-8 and the definition of mediocre would be 8-8. 

For comparison, let's look at NE's schedule:

1. W vs Cardinals (7-8-1, mediocre)
2. W vs Dolphins (10-6, playoff team, or would you define this as mediocre?)
3. W vs Texans (9-7, playoff team but you define them as mediocre)
4. L vs Bills (7-9, mediocre)
5. W vs Browns (1-15, bad)
6. W vs Bengals 6-9-1, bad)
7. W vs Steelers (11-5, playoff, good)
8. W vs Bills (7-9, mediocre)
10. L vs Seahawks (9-7, playoff mediocre)
11. W vs 49ers (2-14, bad)
12. W vs Jets (5-11, bad)
13. W vs Rams (4-12, bad)
14. W vs Ravens (8-8, mediocre)
15. W vs Broncos (9-7 mediocre)
16. W vs Jets (5-11, bad)
17. W vs Dolphins (10-6, mediocre?)

I count 9 mediocre teams, 6 bad teams, and 1 good team... Not saying Detroit is New England but if we are going to criticize a team based on their strength of schedule, let's look no further than NE. I think if Detroit had NE's schedule they would have over 10 wins easily. 
And the "good" team that they beat had Landry Jones at QB.  But seriously let's not go crazy here.  What the Patriots have done this year is extremely impressive.  Most of their wins have been very convincing.  I think they beat Detroit by a minimum of 14 on a neutral field.

Thanks! I think I'd prefer more of a dive place than a nice place. I'll check out the ones you mentioned
Im not really a huge fan of Cheli's, but it's close to ford field. 

Park Bar is good, but not much for food there now (used to have awesome schwarma, now a Hawaiian place.  Bucharest grill still has a few other locations though ).  Not too big but a big center bar in the middle.   Pretty good beer selection 

Coaches Corner is your typical dive sports bar.  Bookies is also not too bad, prefer it over Cheli's 

Rusted Crow recently opened...they are a local distillery that opened a bar now too.  Havent been for game day though, but a big fan of theirs 

Actually a lot of cool places downtown now.  Corktown and midtown areas really revitalized, but not walkable from stadium district ...if you have anymore questions shoot me a PM

And the "good" team that they beat had Landry Jones at QB.  But seriously let's not go crazy here.  What the Patriots have done this year is extremely impressive.  Most of their wins have been very convincing.  I think they beat Detroit by a minimum of 14 on a neutral field.
I would agree on all of those points. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to judge a team based on its opponents/schedule. Lions made the playoffs. That's quite a feat. Any team that makes the playoffs (with a winning record) deserves to be there and has a shot at going all the way

Im not really a huge fan of Cheli's, but it's close to ford field. 

Park Bar is good, but not much for food there now (used to have awesome schwarma, now a Hawaiian place.  Bucharest grill still has a few other locations though ).  Not too big but a big center bar in the middle.   Pretty good beer selection 

Coaches Corner is your typical dive sports bar.  Bookies is also not too bad, prefer it over Cheli's 

Rusted Crow recently opened...they are a local distillery that opened a bar now too.  Havent been for game day though, but a big fan of theirs 

Actually a lot of cool places downtown now.  Corktown and midtown areas really revitalized, but not walkable from stadium district ...if you have anymore questions shoot me a PM
Uber in downtown is surprisingly easy. If you goto corktown. Slows bbq is excellent. And i like the ufo factory bar....not for sports though to hang n check out local bands

BobbyLayne said:
You don't think we had good depth this year? 

Honestly, I thought they did fine combating the inevitable injuries. Quinn turned like 30% of the roster from last year - look upthread, I had a post on it - and only 4 teams replaced more snaps (only 2 had more turnover on D.) 

We def had better depth and dealt with injuries effectively at OL, DL (esp DT), and DBs (esp S.) We finished the year with our 3rd string HB. Losing 2 of the 3 starting corners hurt us bad ((Diggs was a decent slot corner.) Our LBs were not deep. Well, they weren't good to begin with. We struggled when Marvin Jones was out, both Jones & Roberts have serious limitations. If the iron man (#9) ever goes down again, forget it. But overall, we handled next man up better than years past.

I think that is a Quinn strength - you HAVE to have depth in the NFL. It's a point of emphasis & will continue to be.

RE: Reiff v. Warford, I think they can resign the RG without a huge deal. Reiff is just average - whereas Warford really graded out well in run blocking - and he's likely gonna cost us a lot more.

Would really like to see a draft go something like DE/LB, CB/S, OT, OG. Keep building the D and solidifying the line.

We don't have great playmakers outside of AA/Theo & Tate, but to me controlling the line of scrimmage is more important. And we def need another DB who is good in coverage. Maybe Killebrew develops into a hard hitting S, but I'm not sure he has the speed to play every down.
I didn't mean to suggest they didn't have depth this year. I think Quinn did a great job with that. But its got to get better. And I've full faith that he will get it better. So I think we agree.

And I agree that the areas of improvement are the OL and the D. It is kind of encouraging, though, that it seems like they have the 3/5 of the line solidified for the next few years with good, young players. And if they can re-sign Warford, they are really solid 4/5 of the way through.

I wonder about AA. I hope he can stay healthy. We need someone with his explosiveness on offense. If he can stay healthy, an AA/Theo/ZZ RB tandem seems pretty solid.

Maybe this is routine for me other teams, but it's kind of exciting to have a rookie class that is having an impact. 3 starting lineman, a S who has been highly efficient in limited snaps, a LB who saw significant snaps in the rotation, and two more lineman in development. Plus the LS who was on IR might take the job from Muhlbach next summer. Nobody on the cusp of being a pro bowler (Robinson is showing flashes), but you have to go back to 2013 (Ansah, Slay, Warford, Taylor, Martin, Riddick) to find a draft that produced this much depth.

Thanks @Dan Lambskin and @bicycle_seat_sniffer. I'm a big fan of Uber, so I'm sure I'll employ that a few times. How safe is it in that area by the stadiums? I plan to walk a lot, but its going to be cold and I won't be packing.
Perfectly safe. No issues there.campus martis park has a nice ice skating rinks if thats ur thing....townhouse restaurant is very nicd just two blocks south on woodward from the rink

Perfectly safe. No issues there.campus martis park has a nice ice skating rinks if thats ur thing....townhouse restaurant is very nicd just two blocks south on woodward from the rink
yeah pretty well lit now and I'd expect a pretty good crowd down there too

I made a little map of what I'd consider the safe area's http://imgur.com/a/fjV1i

you'll run into the occasional panhandler but other than that walking around shouldn't be an issue.  not that I'd call the other area's unsafe, but I'd be a little more cautious if I was wondering around there (and there really isn't much you'd want to see in those areas either)

once the Wings stadium is complete I think a walk from Downtown to Midtown would certainly be doable

EDIT: you've also got the Eastern Market area in the top right which is a popular tailgate area and has some bars and restaurants as well, but I don't get to that spot too often.  probably wouldn't walk to it at night personally but others may tell you it's fine

I made a little map of what I'd consider the safe area's http://imgur.com/a/fjV1i

you'll run into the occasional panhandler but other than that walking around shouldn't be an issue.  not that I'd call the other area's unsafe, but I'd be a little more cautious if I was wondering around there (and there really isn't much you'd want to see in those areas either)

once the Wings stadium is complete I think a walk from Downtown to Midtown would certainly be doable
Awesome! I'm almost right in the middle of the bottom square. Looking forward to it. Going to head by three of my old houses when I'm there, and I have a tour of some old abandoned buildings planned. Really looking forward to it.

EDIT: you've also got the Eastern Market area in the top right which is a popular tailgate area and has some bars and restaurants as well, but I don't get to that spot too often.  probably wouldn't walk to it at night personally but others may tell you it's fine
There will be a rail system from downtown to midtown soon enough!!

Nice work @Dan Lambskin

Brought a smile see Atheneum hotel listed on the map. That's an all suite & used to be my go to Detroit business hotel when I worked for PwC. Fishbones Grill still around?

Also a big fan of HopCat if you can get there early enough.

Yeah fishbones is still there (at least I'm pretty sure it is :oldunsure:  )

Hipster food scene is really exploding in detroit 
It's still there.  :thumbup:

Detroit really is becoming a foodie town. After enduring Coleman Young and Kwame's Detroit, it's exciting to see what's happening. It's not Chicago yet, but in a year or two, with all of the new development, it will truly be a destination city like Chicago. 

Another cool place to check out is Green Dot Stables. Dive bar that serves nothing but sliders, but the variety is very cool. Everything from fried baloney to PB&J with bacon (delicious) and the drinks are pretty cheap. 

It's still there.  :thumbup:

Detroit really is becoming a foodie town. After enduring Coleman Young and Kwame's Detroit, it's exciting to see what's happening. It's not Chicago yet, but in a year or two, with all of the new development, it will truly be a destination city like Chicago. 

Another cool place to check out is Green Dot Stables. Dive bar that serves nothing but sliders, but the variety is very cool. Everything from fried baloney to PB&J with bacon (delicious) and the drinks are pretty cheap. 
Yeah green dot is good stuff.   Thier sister restaurant Huron Room has some awesome fish and chips too

Ugh. I suddenly have visions of Graham going off for 100 TDs and 2 TDs.

just a bad dream, right? 
came back in but I don't think they targeted him again

need to stay calm and make plays

defense got gashed pretty bad the last two drives but they can get to Wilson if they force them into passing situations

dudes have to stop dropping the ball

they can win this game if they don't psyche themselves out

BobbyLayne said:
came back in but I don't think they targeted him again

need to stay calm and make plays

defense got gashed pretty bad the last two drives but they can get to Wilson if they force them into passing situations

dudes have to stop dropping the ball

they can win this game if they don't psyche themselves out
Man if we didn't have so many drops and maybe got a call or two things could be so different. Clearly we have things that must improve and we seriously need some play makers but I trust in Quinn and look forward to the future. 

ETA- pay Stafford. 

ETA- cut Ebron. So tired of him

And barely a whimper at that. *long sigh*

Welp, Caldwell's "safe", and Austin probably won't be pursued much after these last 3 games.

Need help on D-line, LB, healthy RBs, a piece or two on OL and WR, and the ability to beat better-than-okay teams.
Other than that, they have everything they need  ;)

Going to be an interesting offseason.  Second place schedule and relatively low draft pick are definitely not going to make it easy to build on this season.  Hopefully Quinn can continue to make some decent under-the-radar acquisitions.

You guys need a new HC desperately. I have no sympathy for any Lions fan who supports Caldwell in any way.
Lions fans who do not support Caldwell, my condolences. You fans deserve better for what you put up with.
But if you are willing to put up with Caldwell in any way, you deserve the misery you are in now. You have to want greatness in order to achieve it, Caldwell is the furthest from greatness.
What do you need to see to know he isnt a good coach? Does he need to lose the last 5 games with everything on the line instead of 4?
Does he have to go 0-7 against teams in the playoffs instead of 0-6? Does he need to trail in the 4th quarter of all 17 games and not just 16?

Man if we didn't have so many drops and maybe got a call or two things could be so different. Clearly we have things that must improve and we seriously need some play makers but I trust in Quinn and look forward to the future. 

ETA- pay Stafford. 

ETA- cut Ebron. So tired of him
They already exercised the option to bring Ebron back.  

Users who are viewing this thread