What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 - How did I do? (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
Here we go again. I hope everyone did well last year and had a great off-season. I did something new and drafted one already. I never do any before memorial day. 

Here it is from the 12. 

QB - Kyler Murray (8),  Watson (12)

RB - Swift (2), Montgomery (3), Pollard (7), Mattison (9), Mack (14),  Drake (15), Carson (16), Breida (19)

WR - Adams (1), Thomas (5), Juju (6), Kirk (10), Boyd (11)

TE - Schultz (4), Njoku (13)

DEF - Chargers (17), Rams (18)

K - Joseph (20)

Went high risk high reward at qb. Need 1 to hit 

Went with 2 high end rbs and then a bunch of back ups in good offenses or with starters with injury history. Got sniped on Swift and Montgomery cuffs at the 13/14 turn. Carson pick was a mistake by me and got timed out. 

Love my wrs. Only regret is taking Watson at the 11/12 over Lazard. Watson probably would have been there at 13 looking at the draft board. 

Love Schultz this year so I felt comfortable only take 2 tes. 

Really like this team so will probably finish 4 - 8. 

Hope to see some other posts soon. Good luck everyone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Did my first of what will be many this year:

qb: rodgers

rb: kamara, dobbins, sanders, k. walker, edmonds, pierce, gainwell, mostert

wr: chase, samuel, robinson, parker, hardman, fuller

te: gesicki, hill, ferguson

pk: gay

def: bal

hopefully my RB depth will work in my favor to cover for the Kamara suspension and the suspension doesn’t happen during the FF playoffs/c ship round.

look forward to seeing other folks’ draft.

Did my first of what will be many this year:

qb: rodgers

rb: kamara, dobbins, sanders, k. walker, edmonds, pierce, gainwell, mostert

wr: chase, samuel, robinson, parker, hardman, fuller

te: gesicki, hill, ferguson

pk: gay

def: bal

hopefully my RB depth will work in my favor to cover for the Kamara suspension and the suspension doesn’t happen during the FF playoffs/c ship round.

look forward to seeing other folks’ draft.

What pick did you have 7ish?

Another year, more domination. From the 6 hole.

Qb: Wilson, Rodgers

Rb: Dalvin, Chubb, Gibson, Sanders, Mostert

WR: Lamb, Metcalf, Gage, Olave, Landry, Marvin Jones, Julio Jones, Amari

TE: Albert O., Fant, Tonyan

K: Butker

DST: Pats

This one is from May, but I hesitated to share until we got some more participation. 

From the 10. 

QB - Hurts (8)

RB - Cook (1), Swift (2), Dillion (6), Pollard (7), Mattison (9), Michel (17)

WR - Pittman (3), Cooper (4), Mooney (5), Boyd (11), Patrick (13), Osborn (15), Van Jefferson (16)

TE -  Gronk (10), Njoku (12), Tonyan (14)

K - Joseph (20)

Def - Denver (18), Cleveland (19)

I really liked this team back then. Watson might miss the whole year and that make Cooper a 7th round pick. Gronk retiring also hurts. I still think this team could be really good, but now it needs some luck. 

Another year, more domination. From the 6 hole.

Qb: Wilson, Rodgers

Rb: Dalvin, Chubb, Gibson, Sanders, Mostert

WR: Lamb, Metcalf, Gage, Olave, Landry, Marvin Jones, Julio Jones, Amari

TE: Albert O., Fant, Tonyan

K: Butker

DST: Pats

Let’s get you and your partner a star first before your yearly domination posts.  😉

Have a few monsters so far.  Here’s 1 of my favorite early ones:

From the 11 hole

QB - Burrow (9)

RB - Cook (1), Swift (2), Pierce (10), Henderson (12), Darell Will (13), Zamir White (15), Pierre Strong (20)

WR - Waddle (4), St Brown (5), Elijah Moore (6), Hopkins (7), Renfrow (8), Christian Watson (11), Wandale Robinson (16)

TE - Waller (3), Tonyan (14)

DEF - SF (17)

K - Bass (18)

#WonTime

🎯

Here is one from 2 weeks ago from the 2nd spot. Feels like this is boom or bust. 

QB - Brady (10), Cousins (14)

RB - CMac (1), Fournette (2), Javonte Williams (3), Pollard (6), Hines (11)

WR - Robinson (4), Hollywood (5), Lazard (8), Kirk (9), Patrick (12),  Jefferson (16)

TE - Goedert (7), Higbee (13), Hooper (15), Allie-Cox (19)

K - McManus (20)

DEF - Denver (17), Cleveland  (18)

How did last year treat you? I seem to recall we had a league together. You didn't make the playoffs while my squad finished first in points. 
Great u still haven’t won anything.  No matter how many years you claim to dominate lol.  It’s comical at this point.  Let’s see that star!

Da Gildz said:
Great u still haven’t won anything.  No matter how many years you claim to dominate lol.  It’s comical at this point.  Let’s see that star!
Glad I was in a league with you. Confirmed what I have thought all these years. Having 1 good team out of 20 doesn't make you good. I don't even know if you had a good team last year because the one I saw was brutal. All 4 of my teams made the playoffs. 

#legswept

Glad I was in a league with you. Confirmed what I have thought all these years. Having 1 good team out of 20 doesn't make you good. I don't even know if you had a good team last year because the one I saw was brutal. All 4 of my teams made the playoffs. 

#legswept

Depends how much money that one team wins!!!

#legswept
You haven’t won a single league in what 4-5 yrs ?  If at all?  I can see where your confidence comes from.   😂😂😂

Did this one tonight from the 2. I hate it, last year though the team I drafted that I hated the most went 11-1 finish top 100 in the regular season and 18th in the championship round... So what do I know!?!

QB - Dak (11), Lawrence (17)

RB - CMac (1), Chubb (3) , Mitchell (6), Hunt (8) Robinson (13), Michel (15),  D'Ernest Johnson (16)

WR - Higgins (2), Hollywood (4), Cooks (5), Godwin (7), MVS (10), Shepard (18)

TE - Kmet (9), Njoku (12), Hurst (14)

K - Succop (20)

Def - Browns (19)

From the 2 slot:

QB- M.Stafford,T.Lawrence,J.Winston

RB- A.Jones,J.Connor,J.Jacobs,R.Stevenson,J.Williams(Det),K.Drake

WR- C.Kupp,B.Cooks,C.Kirk,D.Smith,M.Jones,K.Bourne

TE- D.Goedert,M.Gesicki,H.Henry

K- D.Hopkins

DEF- L.A. Rams

Another dominating night. From the 9 hole.

QB: Rodgers, Lawrence

RB: Swift, Dillon, Hunt, Mattison, Jamaal W., Gus Bus

WR: DJ Moore, Amon, Gage, Lockett, Boyd, Parker, Watkins, V. Jones

TE: Kelce, Kittle

K: Folk

D/ST: Baltimore

Another dominating night. From the 9 hole.

QB: Rodgers, Lawrence

RB: Swift, Dillon, Hunt, Mattison, Jamaal W., Gus Bus

WR: DJ Moore, Amon, Gage, Lockett, Boyd, Parker, Watkins, V. Jones

TE: Kelce, Kittle

K: Folk

D/ST: Baltimore

I like this team. Getting Kelce  at 9 is awesome  My only nitpick is Kittle at the 3/4 turn. Feels like you should have went RB or even WR. 

Did you do this draft at 7pm on the 14th? I only ask because I almost joined that one. I have only been in one league with anyone from these threads. 

I like this team. Getting Kelce  at 9 is awesome  My only nitpick is Kittle at the 3/4 turn. Feels like you should have went RB or even WR. 

Did you do this draft at 7pm on the 14th? I only ask because I almost joined that one. I have only been in one league with anyone from these threads. 

Was in the 11:55est draft. The only RB my co-owner and I liked at the 3/4 turn was Zeke. There are some players I would feel dirty drafting because I would hate watching them and Zeke is one. Just too boring for my taste. I like the RBs in the 6th through 10th round range so we felt like we could leave RB#2 as our weak spot and still do well. 

From the 12

QB - Wilson (9), Watson (16)

RB - Cook (1), Mixon (2), Jacobs (5), Spiller (11), Mostert (13), Michel (14)

WR - Moore (4), Jeudy (6), Lazard (7), Woods (8), MVS (10), Patrick (12)

TE - Waller (3), Hooper (15), Allie-Cox (19)

K - Joseph (20)

Def - Den (17), San Fran (18)

WRs came off the board early and often in this draft. Feel pretty good about this team got sniped on Mattison at the 9/10 turn. 

Another day , another monster.  From the 6:

QB - Kyler (8)

RB - A Jones (2), Etienne (3), Breece Hall (4), Allgeier (12), C Evans (15)

WR - Jefferson (1), Cooks (5), Gage (7), Lockett (9), Olave (10), Rondale Moore (11), Tolbert (14), Pierce (16),  Wandale Rob (18)

TE - Goedert (6), Tonyan (13), Jordan (17)

K - Mcmanus (20)

Def -  San Fran (19)

#WonTime

🎯

Da Gildz said:

QB - Kyler (8)

WR - Jefferson (1), Cooks (5), Gage (7), Lockett (9), Olave (10), Rondale Moore (11), Tolbert (14), Pierce (16),  Wandale Rob (18)

K - Mcmanus (20)

Def -  San Fran (19)

#WonTime

🎯
Not a fan of your 2nd through 6th round. This squad will struggle if you are depending on that group. You will need to hit your later round picks and score in free agency to sniff #WonTime.

Da Gildz said:

QB - Kyler (8)

K - Mcmanus (20)

Def -  San Fran (19)

#WonTime

🎯
Overall solid imo w/ good value.  That said despite the talent I am not high on a rookie on one of the worst franchises in the league.  I would have taken one if WRs instead of Hall (I am particular to ARob this year) and grabbed depth/upside RBs in the middle rounds  in lieu of the WRs you took there.

otherwise nice draft gl.

I don't know if FFPC would allow it, but it would be pretty cool and fun to get the regulars in this thread into a league all together to compete. 
This guy isn’t a regular.  He and his partner put in 4 teams a year, never win/dominate, then rinse repeat every yr 

This guy isn’t a regular.  He and his partner put in 4 teams a year, never win/dominate, then rinse repeat every yr 

We all have to start some where. Anyways if anyone in this thread is interested I would be in. If not good luck to all. 

We all have to start some where. Anyways if anyone in this thread is interested I would be in. If not good luck to all. 
No issues with anyone new playing.   My issue is with people claiming they win when they don’t.  Unfortunately for Pokémon, there are receipts in this game we play.  

FPC/FFPC won't allow it, but we could set up a free season-long League on MFL very easily using FPC/FFPC parameters. For it to be free, there would be two conditions: no waivers, and best ball. So, basically 'draft and go'. I think it would be a lot of fun, but it might not be everyone's thing.

Sounds like DaGildz is still mad about how our league turned out last year. 🤭
You mean the one we both walked home with nada in? lol.  Imagine gloating about winning $0.00?  Did you  also get excited about 4th place in your spelling bees?  You’re a character.  😂😂

Zero RB from the 5 hole from the weekend.  Did not set out to Zero RB, but I felt it was how value fell.

QB: Mahomey

RB: Gibson, Walker, Mattison, Pierce, Allgeier, J Robinson, Z White, Mostert, E Benjamin, D Johnson

WR: Chase, Samuel, Hill, Brown, Tolbert

TE: Hock

K: Prater

DEF LAC

leftcoastheel said:
Zero RB from the 5 hole from the weekend.  Did not set out to Zero RB, but I felt it was how value fell.

QB: Mahomey

RB: Gibson, Walker, Mattison, Pierce, Allgeier, J Robinson, Z White, Mostert, E Benjamin, D Johnson

WR: Chase, Samuel, Hill, Brown, Tolbert

TE: Hock

K: Prater

DEF LAC

You are a brave soul. This approach scares the crap out of me. 

Who did you draft in the 6th and 7th? 

You are a brave soul. This approach scares the crap out of me. 

Who did you draft in the 6th and 7th? 

I will do 12 - 15 teams as time allows and will have a max of three Zero RB teams in the portfolio.  Gibson at 6.8 and Mahomes at 7.5.  Like both values alot.

I will do 12 - 15 teams as time allows and will have a max of three Zero RB teams in the portfolio.  Gibson at 6.8 and Mahomes at 7.5.  Like both values alot.

Those are good values. I was trying to figure out which two dropped for you out of Hockenson, Brown, Mahomes, Gibson. 

It is almost like you had 2 fifth round and 2 six round picks. Well done. 

Those are good values. I was trying to figure out which two dropped for you out of Hockenson, Brown, Mahomes, Gibson. 

It is almost like you had 2 fifth round and 2 six round picks. Well done. 
Good value throughout the draft, but it is a zero RB team.  Guys were grabbing RBs early.  So that is how it fell.  Kind of wish I had taken an RB in the 5th instead of Hock and gotten one of the mid-round TEs that I like.  Not sure scoring differential will be that different.

I am in the middle of my first slow FBG draft ever and I will never do it again. 7 days in and we are 7 and a half rounds in. We have had 6 timeouts already.

I woke up this morning at 740 am and 8 picks away. I am getting ready for bed and I am still 4 picks away from making a pick today. 

msudaisy26 said:
I am in the middle of my first slow FBG draft ever and I will never do it again. 7 days in and we are 7 and a half rounds in. We have had 6 timeouts already.

I woke up this morning at 740 am and 8 picks away. I am getting ready for bed and I am still 4 picks away from making a pick today. 
Brutal, I had one go 3 weeks last year, one guy timed out every single pick. 

2hr slow about 2 weeks ago from the 10 hole

QB - Lance 12.03, T Lawrence 16.03

RB - Mixon 2.03, Zeke, 4.03, JK Dobbins 6.03, CEH 7.10, G Edwards 13.10, J Wilson 19.10

WR - K Allen 3.10, Jeudy 5.10, Aiyuk 9.10, G Wilson 10.03, Boyd 11.10, Tolbert 14.03, Pierce 15.10, Watkins 17.10

TE - Kelce 1.10, Goedert 8.03

K - McManus

DST - Patriots

From the 1.01 thats whats up!

QB: Russ, Watson

RB: Taylor, Kamara, Sanders, Hunt, Mostert, Serman

WR: Hill, D. Johnson, Hollywood, Gage, Lockett, Samuel

TE: Kmet, Njoku, Engram

K: Tucker

DF: Buff, TB

ETA: Woke up this morning ....and don't know how anyone doesn't love this team. #Championship

ETA: Woke up this morning ....and don't know how anyone doesn't love this team. #Championship

It is okay, but not seeing the upside. A couple of guys probably shouldn't be drafted and week 14 you will be without your best RB and maybe your best TE. 

Have a few monsters so far.  Here’s 1 of my favorite early ones:

From the 11 hole

QB - Burrow (9)

RB - Cook (1), Swift (2), Pierce (10), Henderson (12), Darell Will (13), Zamir White (15), Pierre Strong (20)

WR - Waddle (4), St Brown (5), Elijah Moore (6), Hopkins (7), Renfrow (8), Christian Watson (11), Wandale Robinson (16)

TE - Waller (3), Tonyan (14)

DEF - SF (17)

K - Bass (18)

#WonTime

🎯

Not a fan of this one.  You have two injury prone RBs.  Waller is being overdrafted.  Absolutely hate your WR 1-3.  Wouldn't touch Tonyan unless it's best ball.

Some serious value here IMO.   Looks like you did well in a soft draft?

Some serious value here IMO.   Looks like you did well in a soft draft?

There were 7 guys with stars/badges or whatever you want to call them. Its funny because 3 years ago I felt like that was meaningful and anymore I really don't care how many guys have stars. Doesn't seem to be a good measure of skill, just volume. There were a few people making questionable picks including guys you would think should know ADP a bit better. It felt soft combined with the fact that I had the 1st pick, which helps. I haven't drafted from the 1.01 since 2016. I use to only do two drafts a year, last year did 4, and will likely do 4 total this year.

Not a fan of this one.  You have two injury prone RBs.  Waller is being overdrafted.  Absolutely hate your WR 1-3.  Wouldn't touch Tonyan unless it's best ball.

You hate Waddle/ASB/Elijah?  Lol.  Don’t like Cook/Swift?  You might be having a rough season ahead of u. 😂

The comments have been happening for years. We have only been in a league together once and we all know how that ended....DaGlidz #losstime
yes the comments have been happening for years.  We agree on something finally lol.   You gloat but win nada every year, then you bash me for having so many teams…Not realizing I’m able to do so from wait for it…..winning!   That is why you’re stuck in the 2-4 team purgatory.   It ain’t difficult pokey.  

You hate Waddle/ASB/Elijah?  Lol.  Don’t like Cook/Swift?  You might be having a rough season ahead of u. 😂

Waddle/ASB are being drafted on last years stats.  I'm not taking Tau's WR2 in the 4th, he's not Manning or Warner.  No interest in ASB.  Spending  2 of your top 5 picks on Detroit Lions isn't a formula for success.    It also works like a reverse stack where you're limiting your upside in the championship rounds.   Moore's fine, just not a fan of his QB.  That's a bias I need to get rid of as I've seen crappy Panther QBs constantly support top WRs from Muhammad, Jeffers, Benjamin, Smith, Ismail, etc.

I like Swift and Cook, just don't like dealing with their injuries.  Maybe this year will be different.  Loaded up on Swift last year.  I really don't get what changed over a year to propel him up this much.  He was RB18 last year, RB12 based on ppg.  I also don't own Cook w/o handcuffing Mattison.

Waddle/ASB are being drafted on last years stats.  I'm not taking Tau's WR2 in the 4th, he's not Manning or Warner.  No interest in ASB.  Spending  2 of your top 5 picks on Detroit Lions isn't a formula for success.    It also works like a reverse stack where you're limiting your upside in the championship rounds.   Moore's fine, just not a fan of his QB.  That's a bias I need to get rid of as I've seen crappy Panther QBs constantly support top WRs from Muhammad, Jeffers, Benjamin, Smith, Ismail, etc.

I like Swift and Cook, just don't like dealing with their injuries.  Maybe this year will be different.  Loaded up on Swift last year.  I really don't get what changed over a year to propel him up this much.  He was RB18 last year, RB12 based on ppg.  I also don't own Cook w/o handcuffing Mattison.
There’s alot off with this post.  I won’t go into it but how u gonna say 2 Detroit players limits your upside and then finish saying u won’t draft Cook w/o Mattison which completely limits your teams upside lol.  You’re sacrificing a 9th/10th rd pick that May or may not even play for you.  Passing on some solid options in that range who could be difference makers.   And then on top of that, you’re then playing a man short compared to every other team in league.  But I digress. 

There’s alot off with this post.  I won’t go into it but how u gonna say 2 Detroit players limits your upside and then finish saying u won’t draft Cook w/o Mattison which completely limits your teams upside lol.  You’re sacrificing a 9th/10th rd pick that May or may not even play for you.  Passing on some solid options in that range who could be difference makers.   And then on top of that, you’re then playing a man short compared to every other team in league.  But I digress. 

I'm not drafting Mattison to play when Cook is playing.  You're also not a man short because you're only posting 9 or so scores...10-11 players sit on the bench.

I'm drafting Mattison to post games of 23, 28, 21, and 16 when Cook is not playing.  That's 22 ppg or basically J. Taylor for a quarter of the season.  If you tell me that I get to guarantee my RB1 performs like a RB1 and it only costs me a 10th, I'm all in on that deal.

I know ASB came on late when Swift was hurt, but early thru week 11 when Swift was racking up pts, ASB wasn't a major part of the script.  There's a decent chance that they are both going to feed from the same trough and limit each other's ceiling.  I'd be fine with that during the regular season, but in a contest where I need big points in the playoffs to win that would concern me.

From yesterday. From the 5.

QB: Dak, Deshaun

WR: Jefferson, Robinson, Metcalf, Burks, Landry, Jameson Williams, T Patrick

RB: Williams, Etienne, Dillon, Sanders, Haskins, McKinnon

TE: Kmet, Okwuegbunam, Hill

K: Elliot

D: KC

Top to bottom pretty tough draft. A bunch of regulars and not a ton of value at ADP. Missed the Patrick news. Had to step up and grab Kmet above ADP... probably a round too early... as there was a big run on TEs.

Otherwise I like this team. Young athletic stud backs with the same type of WR corps + ARob and Landry in new, better settings as vets and fine at QB with the Watson upside. I am a Javonte truther ever since he was at UNC, so we will see. I really like Robinson this year if Stafford is healthy. Lots of positive spin coming out of camp here in LA. Should be a great connection if Stafford's shoulder is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread