What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

The #Raiders deal for Pro Bowl WR Hunter Renfrow — two years for $32M with $21M guaranteed, per me and

@TomPelissero

— means Las Vegas has now taken care of QB Derek Carr, DE Maxx Crosby and now its dynamic slot.
Definitely not news from your cousin. 

Love we locked him up longer. 

Chadstroma said:
Definitely not news from your cousin. 

Love we locked him up longer. 
That's a reasonable contract too.  I was hoping we wouldn't pay him north of $20M a year with how salaries are going, $16M is pretty nice.  Less than Christian Kirk money.

That's a reasonable contract too.  I was hoping we wouldn't pay him north of $20M a year with how salaries are going, $16M is pretty nice.  Less than Christian Kirk money.
Jags and Kirk... soooooooooo dumb. And Zay. 

It is like the Jags said screw it... instead of trying to win we will just break the WR market!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some little bits of interesting info picked up.about OTA's

Adams and Carr look good together. Adams has lined on outside almost always. 

Jacobs/Drake not there. Bolden most time with Abdullah and then Brown getting time. 

Amik Robertson has been sprnding a lot of time with 1st team on the outside. 

Parker/Leatherwood split time with 1st team RT after taking turns getting full days worth in previous days. 

For all the talk about having players in different spots not much has happened other than Eluemanur spening time at tackle and guard and Parham at guard and center. 

Cle has spent significant time at DT. 

Harmon getting a lot of time at S and the third S in three S sets. 

Suh tweeted "Raiders could be fun" in response to a tweet saying the Bucs would not happen 
NDAMUKONG SUHDL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Ndamukong Suh posted on Twitter that playing for the Raiders "could be fun." 

Suh said Tuesday that it "looks like the Bucs are out of the picture" as a potential suitor for the veteran in 2022, echoing a May report from The Athletic's Greg Auman that Tampa was unlikely to bring back Suh, 35. In 2021, Suh started all 19 games (including the playoffs) for Tampa but his days as an every-down lineman have come and gone, with Suh's snap rate dropping under 70 percent for the first time in his career. Suh still had six sacks and 13 quarterback hits in his scaled back role. In Vegas, Suh would join a Raiders defensive line graded by Pro Football Focus as the league's sixth best pass rush unit in 2021.

Tony Siragusa passed today. I will be honest and say that I had a lot of really not nice things to say about him after he took Gannon and basically threw him to the ground and did a WWE wrestling body slam on top of him. But it sucks. Life is life and football is football. Sorry to see the news. 

DocHolliday said:
I don’t have anything to say.  
I have something to say. It sucks to be 54 years old and hear that someone who’s 55 years old just died. Waaaaaayyyyy too young. 
but, yeah, I was just last week talking crap about he landed on Gannon to knock us out of the playoffs that. But none of that matters. A 55 year old guy just died and that sucks. 
(Is there something I don’t know about him being a horrible person in real life or something?)

Chadstroma said:
Tony Siragusa passed today
If anything, I love him for this prank on Shannon Sharpe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shannon sharpe@ShannonSharpe

I'm heartbroken. I'm crushed. I'm at a loss for words. My thoughts & prayers go out to Goose's wife, kids, family, friends & fans. I have one thing to say, Big fella. The next time I see you, I'm going to need my restitution…You embarrassed me on national TV. Rest easy, Goose

shannon sharpe@ShannonSharpe

@Ravens

Last edited by a moderator:
Warren Sapp says he heard the Kaepernick try out was a disaster. 

It conflicts with other reports and I am not sure what to believe. I don't think Sapp has a lot of ties with current regime and from what I have heard the try out didn't have a ton of people watching. So who would he have heard it from that would have known? 

On the other hand... a back channel hush hush among inner circle NFL people may be more truthful than anything else we hear just because of the political element. 

Warren Sapp says he heard the Kaepernick try out was a disaster. 

It conflicts with other reports and I am not sure what to believe. I don't think Sapp has a lot of ties with current regime and from what I have heard the try out didn't have a ton of people watching. So who would he have heard it from that would have known? 

On the other hand... a back channel hush hush among inner circle NFL people may be more truthful than anything else we hear just because of the political element. 

Because Warren Sapp said it, I tend to believe it was more likely a massive success.  

Darren Waller says it could be a 'fun year' for Raiders offense with WR Davante Adams in the fold

The Raiders’ surprise acquisition of wide receiver Davante Adams was a showstopper this offseason, causing a huge commotion within NFL circles worldwide.

And it was a lot of fun for Raiders fans and followers, too. But the best part? We haven’t even begun to see what Adams can do in a Las Vegas uniform.

Okay, actually, that’s perhaps not the best part about the Raiders’ new football reality. Upon further thought, it’s that Adams isn’t alone on the Raiders offense. He joins playmakers Hunter Renfrow and Darren Waller, along with quarterback and leader, Derek Carr, among others.

As for Waller, he recently said that Adams’ megastar ability and work ethic is inspiring. From a player who has battled addiction and grown from late-round pick to megastar in his own right, that’s quite a statement.

Here’s part of what Waller said about Adams while appearing on The Jim Rome Show.

“He brings megastar ability. And the defense can’t help but notice and send the troops at a guy like that, you know?” Waller said. “But it’s also about getting to know him. [He has] a very calm demeanor — a guy that doesn’t need somebody to set a standard for excellence for him. He’s going to go and do it. So, definitely inspiring to be around.”

As for a gameday preview, Waller said that the Raiders offense, with its complementary set of skill players, could have a fun year in 2022. He cautioned, however, that it will take a level of unselfishness from his teammates to truly unlock their potential as a group.

“We have a lot of guys that can really get things done,” Waller said. “As long as guys stay in the game and bring a level of unselfishness to it, and see the value in how you run your route to get somebody else open, I feel like there will be incredible balance and it’ll be a fun year, especially for our side of the ball.”

While Waller is correct to point out the importance of teamwork, I think it’s safe to say that Waller himself will be a leader in that department. His play has drastically outgrown his contract, which makes him the 17th highest-paid tight end in the NFL. Waller is considered by many a top-3 tight end and had 107 receptions just two seasons ago.

But Waller is all in on the Raiders in 2022. When he was asked about his contract at OTAs, he brushed right past the issue and said he’s focused on football.

Though Waller is the ultimate professional and focuses on the task at hand no matter the scenario, the addition of Adams likely has him paying even closer attention. The Raiders got a taste of the NFL Playoffs last year, and to hear the team talk during OTAs, they want more.

And it’s clear that Adams could be a key to unlocking a juggernaut on offense for the Raiders, along with new coach Josh McDaniels and his Super Bowl-tested playbook.

So while Raider Nation had a blast when Las Vegas acquired megastar Davante Adams, the real fun is slated to start in September when the Raiders put all their elite pieces together and face the Chargers in Week 1 of the upcoming NFL season.

Gotta level up Waller's deal. Doesn't have to happen this off-season though, since he has two years left. But whatever monies they don't pay this year would need to he added to next year's new deal to keep things kush. Since they can roll over unused cap space, maybe that the thought process.

Raiders VP Marcel Reece named rising star among NFL executives

The Raiders have had a fantastic offseason bringing in talent on the field. The additions of Davante Adams and Chandler Jones have made them a legitimate playoff contender. However, the organization has had a rough offseason, to say the least.

However, one person who has quickly risen up the ranks of the organization and caught the attention of the league is Marcel Reece. The former fullback for the team is now the senior VP and chief of staff for the team.

In a recent article by Lindsey Jones of The Athletic, she named several of the top NFL executives under the age of 40 who are rising stars in the industry. That list included none other than Reece, who turned 37 earlier this month. Here is a snippet of her thoughts on Reece and his fit with the Raiders: 

“He rejoined the organization in 2020 as a senior advisor to (Mark) Davis and has had a prominent forward-facing role as the Raiders relocated to Las Vegas.

He’s a fixture at community events, but his recent promotion shows his role is much larger than serving as an ambassador for the team. He’s someone who will have influence on Davis and future franchise decisions.”

Not only is Reece well-liked in the community, but he is someone who commands respect in the front office. There aren’t many people inside the organization that have more power and control than Reece and as Jones mentioned, he has the ear of Davis.

Considering the Raiders don’t currently have a team president, Reece has been helping fill in for that job. Don’t be surprised if he is eventually named to that position in a permanent role for the Raiders.

Reece played seven years for the Raiders, appearing in 92 games. He was primarily a fullback, but he spent plenty of time as a running back and as a tight end. He finished his career with 2,932 yards from scrimmage and 15 touchdowns.

Reece was a three-time Pro Bowl selection (2012-2014) as he was widely viewed as one of the NFL’s best fullbacks.

Gotta level up Waller's deal. Doesn't have to happen this off-season though, since he has two years left. But whatever monies they don't pay this year would need to he added to next year's new deal to keep things kush. Since they can roll over unused cap space, maybe that the thought process.
I think it's a huge benefit to wait a year. If Waller isn't squawking, I'd rather wait.

I think I am in love... don't tell my wife. 

Gorgeous. Intelligent. Accomplished. Leading the Raider org. 

Big time crushing. 
And she can do public speaking too... 

I have a feeling this is not the last public figure/high profile type of job she will have. Hoping she knocks it out of the park leading our teams org, seems like she has potential to do very well. 

Chadstroma said:
https://sports.yahoo.com/former-raiders-qb-ja-marcus-russell-said-he-was-dealt-expletive-hand-in-the-nfl-202415189.html

The dude still can't see why he failed. Every excuse in the book... blaming every person but himself... 

It is the exact opposite of what I am trying to teach my kids. Don't be afraid to fail but when you do, own it. Learn from it. Build on it. Don't tell me how they cheated or the ref missed a call- what could you have done differently to have changed the outcome?!
I still remember watching that draft pick praying that Russell wasn’t the pick but knowing it would be.   It was a sickening feeling and an awful time to be a raider fan.   

Chadstroma said:

The team brought in $119 million in net gate revenue from general seating and club seating (luxury suites are excluded)... While the revenue amount was the most in the NFL, the number of Raiders tickets sold ranked 25th in the league.
The San Francisco 49ers finished a tick behind the Raiders at $117 million... The New England Patriots, Los Angeles Rams, New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys ranked three through six on ticket revenue... On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Detroit Lions generated the lowest net ticket revenue in the league last year at $51 million, just behind the Washington Commanders, who ranked No. 31. The Jacksonville Jaguars had the next lowest, followed by the Cincinnati Bengals and Arizona Cardinals.

The team brought in $119 million in net gate revenue from general seating and club seating (luxury suites are excluded)... While the revenue amount was the most in the NFL, the number of Raiders tickets sold ranked 25th in the league.
So this means our tickets are more expensive than average, yes?

As for the Commanders being 31st…bravo! The only way to remove that corrupt, jackass of an owner is to hit him in his wallet. Their fans should continue to NOT attend the games. 

The team announced that defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins, cornerback Trayvon Mullen Jr., and defensive tackle Bilal Nichols were all placed on PUP.

Users who are viewing this thread