What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (3 Viewers)

AR was tagged and he will not get that kind of money coming off injury and a down year even when playing.

If we want our offense to be a top of league kind of offense then we need to replace Ruggs speed. Look at the production with Ruggs ans look at it without. That speed kills. 
I don’t see wr as a priority. 🤷‍♂️ 

AR was tagged and he will not get that kind of money coming off injury and a down year even when playing.

If we want our offense to be a top of league kind of offense then we need to replace Ruggs speed. Look at the production with Ruggs ans look at it without. That speed kills. 
I don't think the Raiders should have the mindset of finding another Ruggs. His blend of speed, body control and ability to catch are too rare.

I think they absolutely need a young WR but I am not sure what will be available where they pick in the draft. 

There are enough holes to fill that I would hope they draft BPA regardless of position. I don't care if they draft three guards in the first three rounds, just stock up on talent and then figure out how to deploy it.

JuJu is a young free agent who has talent but won't command a top of market contract.

IMO he's a clear upgrade over Zay & Edwards.

Agreed - JuJu is more talented than Zay & Edwards.  But I'm not sure I want a.) another Pittsburgh WR, and b.) a guy that prioritizes dancing over life (not that there is anything wrong with that).

The Las Vegas Review-Journal is reporting that, along with the usual hot names from this coaching cycle, Davis is also considering Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh, Clemson’s Dabo Swinney, and Stanford’s David Shaw for the job.

Additionally, NFL names like Tampa Bay Buccaneers OC Byron Leftwich, Dallas Cowboys DC Dan Quinn, Las Angeles Rams DC Raheem Morris, and Green Bay Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett are all connected to the job.

Agreed - JuJu is more talented than Zay & Edwards.  But I'm not sure I want a.) another Pittsburgh WR, and b.) a guy that prioritizes dancing over life (not that there is anything wrong with that).
No Ju Ju. Way too self-centered.   No Allen Robinson either.   He’s on the downside of his career.  

No one bit before, mike Williams?
He helped me win a championship this season but I would be wary of his ability to hold up for 17 games and I am not sure he can be a full time WR1 in the NFL.  However he does have a penchant for getting deep and making contested catches. Carr can definitely take advantage of that ability.

He helped me win a championship this season but I would be wary of his ability to hold up for 17 games and I am not sure he can be a full time WR1 in the NFL.  However he does have a penchant for getting deep and making contested catches. Carr can definitely take advantage of that ability.
I had him in a winning league too. He does get hurt, but he’s got talent and he gets open deep. And he’s relatively cheap. 

and I’ll say it again, I don’t think the biggest hole in this team is a wr#1.   I’d argue that renfrow is the de facto #1. Build around him with complimentary players. 

aawtfdik

DocHolliday said:
No Ju Ju. Way too self-centered.   No Allen Robinson either.   He’s on the downside of his career.  
I agree with you on JJ and even agree that AR is at the tail end of his career, but if the salary isn’t too outrageous, this is the exact type of guy that the Raiders have won championships with. He strikes me as a guy that loves football, loves to win and will do anything for the team. Exactly what I’m looking for as an addition to this squad.

I agree with you on JJ and even agree that AR is at the tail end of his career, but if the salary isn’t too outrageous, this is the exact type of guy that the Raiders have won championships with. He strikes me as a guy that loves football, loves to win and will do anything for the team. Exactly what I’m looking for as an addition to this squad.
Agreed. If we can get AR at a relative discount, and can get 2 years of WR1-ish play, he’d be a great addition. 

Chadstroma said:
That is my best guess as well. After the 2nd round I think Mayock had more and more decision making power in the draft while Gruden was the driver in the 1st couple of rounds. 
The guy who drafted a kicker in rd 1 lol

Coach B, at his standing Monday press conference, thanked Raider Nation.

He was asked about Coaching for the Raiders long term, he commented that he and Davis have been in talks.  And that he understands, and supports the hiring/interview process, that Davis needs to follow now.   He wrapped up with a comment that he does expect to talk to Davis later this week.

I'm happy if he is in the running.  I think he proved a lot over the course of the year.  

Coach B, at his standing Monday press conference, thanked Raider Nation.

He was asked about Coaching for the Raiders long term, he commented that he and Davis have been in talks.  And that he understands, and supports the hiring/interview process, that Davis needs to follow now.   He wrapped up with a comment that he does expect to talk to Davis later this week.

I'm happy if he is in the running.  I think he proved a lot over the course of the year.  
I agree and i hope he stays ,the team will need that cohesiveness of the head coach especially if they bring a new OC or DC or both. He seems to have  the players respect and if he can do what he did on the fly this season ,imagine what he can do with that experience going into next season. This team has a chance to really grow into something special  next season

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

· 16m

Raiders still have HC Rich Bisaccia and GM Mike Mayock in place, but it hasn’t stopped Las Vegas from looking. Raiders requested permission to interview Patriots ILB coach Jerod Mayo for HC and Patriots director of player personnel Dave Ziegler for their GM job, per source.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

14m

Expect the #Raiders to put in a request for #Colts executive Ed Dodds, as well.

https://www.raiders.com/news/raiders-announce-reserve-future-signings-2022

HENDERSON, Nev. – The Las Vegas Raiders have signed the following 12 players to Reserve/Future contracts, the club announced Monday.

Eleven of the 12 signees finished the season on the Raiders practice squad.

Table inside Article
Player    Pos.    Ht.    Wt.    Exp.    College
Jordan Brown    S    6-0    197    1    South Dakota State
Lester Cotton Sr.    G    6-4    335    1    Alabama
Kavon Frazier    DB    6-0    220    6    Central Michigan
Hroniss Grasu    OL    6-3    301    6    Oregon
Gerri Green    DE    6-4    250    1    Mississippi State
Brett Heggie    C    6-5    321    R    Florida
P.J. Johnson    DL    6-3    320    1    Arizona
Justin March-Lillard    LB    6-0    222    7    Akron
Jeremiah Poutasi    OL    6-5    335    3    Utah
Trey Ragas    RB    5-10    214    R    Louisiana
Dillon Stoner    WR    6-0    194    R    Oklahoma State
DJ Turner    WR    5-9    206    R    Pittsburgh

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

· 16m

Raiders still have HC Rich Bisaccia and GM Mike Mayock in place, but it hasn’t stopped Las Vegas from looking. Raiders requested permission to interview Patriots ILB coach Jerod Mayo for HC and Patriots director of player personnel Dave Ziegler for their GM job, per source.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

14m

Expect the #Raiders to put in a request for #Colts executive Ed Dodds, as well.
This kind of reporting is sloppy , disingenuous click bait bull ####. 

“it hasn’t stopped Las Vegas from looking” but no mention that, by league rules, the raiders MUST interview other coaches. What a pile of junk. 

The GM stuff is really strange.  I've never seen a team request permission to interview a candidate while their current GM is still in his role.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like speculation more than a report of facts.
No,  they have officially requested permission to interview those people for those roles. Whether they hire them or not is another question, but Davis at other people for the GM and HC job. 

No,  they have officially requested permission to interview those people for those roles. Whether they hire them or not is another question, but Davis at other people for the GM and HC job. 
My error. Like @ICON211said, that is weird but I guess relieving Mayock of his duties clears that up.

i was really hoping they kept him as well.

Only the people in that building know what the breakdown between Mayock and Gruden was regarding the higher draft picks. I assume it was Gruden for the higher picks but we don't know that for sure. Mayock did a decent job with the later rounds of '19 and '21. '20 has been a disaster. I did think Mayock's free agency signings were better this year and his in season signings helped fortify the back end of the roster. I guess I would have liked to see him get one Gruden free season. 

Raiders Report Mitchell Renz

@MitchellRenz365

·

1h

So far the Raiders have stated they will interview 5 candidates for the next head coach (More will come) - Rich Bisaccia - Gus Bradley(!) - Leslie Frazier - Todd Bowles - Jerod Mayo Defensive minded candidates… #RaiderNation

Only the people in that building know what the breakdown between Mayock and Gruden was regarding the higher draft picks. I assume it was Gruden for the higher picks but we don't know that for sure. Mayock did a decent job with the later rounds of '19 and '21. '20 has been a disaster. I did think Mayock's free agency signings were better this year and his in season signings helped fortify the back end of the roster. I guess I would have liked to see him get one Gruden free season. 
It`s not like Mark Davis is known for making wise business decisions 

Raiders Report Mitchell Renz

@MitchellRenz365

·

1h

So far the Raiders have stated they will interview 5 candidates for the next head coach (More will come) - Rich Bisaccia - Gus Bradley(!) - Leslie Frazier - Todd Bowles - Jerod Mayo Defensive minded candidates… #RaiderNation
Not sold on all of the names but I’m liking the emphasis on defensive minded coaches. This team hasn’t had a top tier defence in ... I cannot remember when.

I'm not happy to see Mayock go, also a bit odd to start the HC interview process without a GM on the staff.  

Question, what happens to all the Raiders clothing these guys own? Is there some 2nd hand store in Vegas that is going to be overun with the old clothing from Gruden, Mayock, and maybe more of the coaching staff?

Not sold on all of the names but I’m liking the emphasis on defensive minded coaches. This team hasn’t had a top tier defense in ... I cannot remember when.
You made me look, 2002 was the last time we held teams to under 20 points per game. (19.0). 

Mayock had to go after the last drafts.  People started this narrative that Gruden made the picks in the the first two rounds and Mayock made the picks in the later rounds.  Where is the proof?  Why would there be such a separation?  Mayock and Gruden likely made those horrible draft decisions together and Mayock got what he deserved.  

I wrote often that big changes were coming and I expect lots more surprises.   The Carr haters may get their wish.  Waller may get moved.   while squeaking into the playoffs and getting knocked out immediately may be a huge success for the Raiders, it’s not a successful season when you look at the entire body of work by a HC and GM.  The mismanagement of the o line was obvious all season and was really glaring Saturday.   The people responsible for that disaster had to go.  

Seeing that there are going to be larger changes in the front office and with the coaches, I'm even more happy that Mayock and team got both Carlson and Cole signed to extensions before all of this.

DC threw 6 int's while targeting Z. Jones this year. These guys can't be our WR1 next year if we hope to compete with KC et al.

Austin Gayle

@PFF_AustinGayle

2hLowest yards per route run averages at outside receiver since 2020, per @PFF

Damiere Byrd (1.16) Zay Jones (1.15) MVS (1.09) Chris Conley (1.03) Jalen Guyton (0.93) Bryan Edwards (0.92) Demarcus Robinson (0.81)

Well it’s done. Time to move on with a new front office. Although I like Coach B, I think the writing is on the wall and it will be a clean sweep, new Head Coach, OC, DC.  

Mayock being shown the door tells me Bisaccia will not get the job. 

If Harbaugh is truly in play, that is who I want. 

Well it’s done. Time to move on with a new front office. Although I like Coach B, I think the writing is on the wall and it will be a clean sweep, new Head Coach, OC, DC.  
Yes, it is odd to me that they let Olsen go bow though versus deciding in a HC first... heck, before having a GM and then HC. 

Yes, it is odd to me that they let Olsen go bow though versus deciding in a HC first... heck, before having a GM and then HC. 
Yeah, this organization is so freakin backwards. 
hopefuly, now that mayock is out, they actually hire a GM FIRST and then the GM builds the coaching staff. 

ugh, I was not mentally prepared to rebuild all over agai. 

I hope NFL Network hires Mayock back but there is a part of me that would watch ESPN just to see Mayock and Mel Kiper go at each other on air. 

Trust me, this is what you want. The Jets are notorious for hiring coaches and then GMs. It rarely works. Chain of command and all of that. 
Yeah, this is what we WANT but this is not what we got in the last regime. 
the Jets and Raiders have many disfunctional things in common, along with a couple of decades of losing.
We're here for our Jets brothers. 

Current Vegas odds on new HC. 

Jim Harbaugh 2-1

Bisaccia 5-2

Doug Pederson 5-1

Mike Tomlin 7-1

Dabo Swinney 8-1

Byron Leftwich 10-1

David Shaw 10-1

Eric Bieniemy 10-1

Sean Payton 10-1

Todd Bowles 10-1

Brian Daboll 14-1

Joe Brady 16-1

Nathaniel Hackett 20-1

Lane Kiffin 100-1

:lmao:  Kiffin  :lmao:

Current Vegas odds on new HC. 

Jim Harbaugh 2-1

Bisaccia 5-2

Doug Pederson 5-1

Mike Tomlin 7-1

Dabo Swinney 8-1

Byron Leftwich 10-1

David Shaw 10-1

Eric Bieniemy 10-1

Sean Payton 10-1

Todd Bowles 10-1

Brian Daboll 14-1

Joe Brady 16-1

Nathaniel Hackett 20-1

Lane Kiffin 100-1

:lmao:  Kiffin  :lmao:
I’d put  :lmao:  next to Tomlin as well. As if…

Mayock had to go after the last drafts.  People started this narrative that Gruden made the picks in the the first two rounds and Mayock made the picks in the later rounds.  Where is the proof?  Why would there be such a separation?  Mayock and Gruden likely made those horrible draft decisions together and Mayock got what he deserved.  
Yep.  

I’d put  :lmao:  next to Tomlin as well. As if…
The odds on that are awfully and oddly good. Even Payton even with guys like Leftwich and Bowles is crazy to me. They are both under contract. Are either organization dumb enough to let them go?!

I wrote often that big changes were coming and I expect lots more surprises.   The Carr haters may get their wish.  Waller may get moved.   while squeaking into the playoffs and getting knocked out immediately may be a huge success for the Raiders, it’s not a successful season when you look at the entire body of work by a HC and GM.  The mismanagement of the o line was obvious all season and was really glaring Saturday.   The people responsible for that disaster had to go.  
I thought there was an actual quote from Gruden or Mayock where they admitted that draft decisions were 51% Gruden and 49% Mayock and this emanated from there. Regardless, it is done now and hopefully they pick the GM and then the coaching staff.

As for the team, unless a very big name becomes available (Wilson), then Carr is our guy. I’m ok with that. He isn’t a superstar but I think he could take us to the big game if we have the support around him. I disagree about Waller as well. TEs last longer these days, so he can still be at the top of his game for another 3-4 years. Rebuild the O-Line, put together a defence that isn’t a laughing stock - that should be the priority.

Users who are viewing this thread