What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

Hey LawFitz, you are not helping my mood today. What a horrible move by LV. This also shows again that teams must be built mostly through the draft. There are not normally shortcuts.

So not only did the week 3 loss to the Titans lead to a closed door meeting with Davis, McDaniels, and Ziegler... but the players had a players only meeting too! In week 3!! My gosh... has that ever happened so soon in the season before?

Holy crap Chandler Jones has beyond a bad contract, which is gonna sting for a while... This ****er is guaranteed top ten Edge money for the next two years and then the Raiders can finally cut him and absorb another $7 MM in dead cap in 2024 (after taking $8 MM in dead cap this season to trade Ngakoue). YIKES!!! McZeigler with a huge whiff on this transaction. Like gigantic, transformative, multi-year roster/locker room-shaking whiff on this one. :(

Lesson: never EVER give a 32 yr old who isn't coming off some kind of father-time defying all-world stretch this kind of money beyond one year at most.

Damn it, Raiders. How many times are you going to be fooled by old dawgs looking for one last big contract to semi-retire on while wearing S&B?!?!? As if this exact thing hasn't already happened at least ten other times over the last two decades. SMDH

CONTRACT TERMS:3 yr(s) / $51,000,000SIGNING BONUS$12,000,000AVERAGE SALARY$17,000,000GTD AT SIGN:$32,000,000TOTAL GTD:$32,000,000FREE AGENT:2025 / UFA
YEARAGEBASE SALARYSIGNINGROSTERWORKOUTMISC.CAP HITDEAD CAPYEARLY CASH
BONUS BREAKDOWNCAP DETAILSCASH DETAILS
2022View attachment 303932$4,000,000$2,400,000$660,000$252,000$500,000$7,812,000$32,252,000$17,412,000($17,412,000)
2023View attachment 304033$7,500,000$2,400,000$9,248,000$252,000-$19,400,000$25,600,000$17,000,000($34,412,000)

POTENTIAL OUT: 2024, 2 YR, $34,412,000; $7,200,000 DEAD CAP​

2024View attachment 304134$16,000,000$2,400,000$748,000$252,000-$19,400,000$7,200,000$17,000,000($51,412,000)
That is depressing.

it's tragic. team is still paying ngakoue too. they could have kept what they had and used the chandler jones money elsewhere. now the team is stuck paying for 2 pass rushers they get no sacks from

it's tragic. team is still paying ngakoue too. they could have kept what they had and used the chandler jones money elsewhere. now the team is stuck paying for 2 pass rushers they get no sacks from
He is too small for what Graham wants. But at this point.... we would have much more pass rush with him than with Jones who has not provided anything. The only saving grace there is like what was said, Ya-Sin is a legit CB.

Brightside is if they win the next two games, they will be a great position to compete for the division heading into their bye. Gotta win the next two though.
Yeah, if they start 0-2 in the division and 0-4 overall, it’s pretty much over. Just thinking about it is so frustrating! A couple plays made here and there on offense and or defense and they are at least 2-1.

Brightside is if they win the next two games, they will be a great position to compete for the division heading into their bye. Gotta win the next two though.
Yeah, if they start 0-2 in the division and 0-4 overall, it’s pretty much over. Just thinking about it is so frustrating! A couple plays made here and there on offense and or defense and they are at least 2-1.
Blowing the AZ game may end up being the beginning of the end of the season. Thinking positively, winning this week puts LV back into the mix in a division that is not as strong now as most of us thought it would be. KC does miss Tyreek. Chargers are already battling the injury bug which seems to be common most seasons. Wilson and the HC in Denver look lost. Maybe they figure things out sooner than later but it’s also possible that they don’t and the Broncos stink all season.

The first game was close and there were a handful of plays that if they broker our way instead of the Dolts, it would have been a win. The Dolts were mostly healthy (except JC) and is one of the best teams in the league when a complete and healthy team. The game was close and came down to the end of the game.

The AZ game was maddening to watch knowing the end result. They have well over a dozen opportunities to end that game in our favor. AZ has issues and was depleted of their WR's but I do think they are a better team than they are given credit for. Ended again very close and went into OT.

There was no replay of the last game. The Titans are a good team. They dropped one against the Giants but getting smacked around by the Bills isn't exactly an indication of ineptitude. Once more the game came down to the end of the game and was very close.

Here is my thoughts on the team so far...

Jacobs is running hard with a 4.6 average. Both the Dolt and Titan games he was over 5 yards a carry.

The offensive line is an issue as we all know.

Carr doesn't look like Carr to me. Is that a new offense he isn't use to? Is it McDaniels micromanaging him as reported? Is it having no confidence in the line? Is it trying to do too much? It is rust from the offseason and not playing at all in preseason? Maybe all of it? I don't know but he doesn't look like Carr to me and all of his stats are off as well.

We have had some key players out. That is football. The positive is none of them are out for the season so we will get them back.

Jones looks like an absolute and complete bust. As shown above, his contract sucks and his play sucks even more. Without that pairing to rush opposite of Maxx, it really hampers the defense. His snap counts need to be reduced. Cle and Koonce need to get more snaps. Maybe if Jones is fresher he can actually do something on one play a game?

On the bright side, Hobbs is making a case for being an elite corner in this league. Ya-Sin has been playing well. Abram has played better than the past. Hollins has established himself as the entrenched #3 WR and played like a beast (from highlights) last game.

It seems to me that NE offenses tended to start slow. I am hoping that is the case with us and they get things going.

The Oline issues can be overcome (see Cincy last year as an example). I am more concerned with Jones sucking and then not getting much push up the middle. We have cap space, go get Suh. Get some push up the middle to help Maxx out. Give Cle and Koonce more snaps with Jones sitting and hopefully fresh when he does play. This team is still talented and can go on a winning stretch. If we reran the simulation on these games, I don't think we would end up with a 0-3 record. It could be anything in between and including a 3-0 record. If we lose against the Donkeys though... it is pretty much a done season as you really would have to be perfect after that to be in the playoff hunt.

The Raiders Oline has been grading out very highly in run blocking. I do not understand why they don't pounding the ball more in the Red zone given Jacobs success.

Agree that Carr looks out-of-sync. I suspect it has a lot to do with his trust issues with the oline. (Another reason to pound the ball more).

I did not understand the Chandler Jones signing when it happened. I thought Ngakoue was playing well for the Raiders, especially at the end of the season. That trade is looking worse by the day.

He is too small for what Graham wants. But at this point.... we would have much more pass rush with him than with Jones who has not provided anything. The only saving grace there is like what was said, Ya-Sin is a legit CB.
Who made the decision that Ngakoue was "too small?" Sounds like complete BS. Must be in the school of idiots that thought A. Donald was undersized coming out of college. 😂

I did not understand the Chandler Jones signing when it happened. I thought Ngakoue was playing well for the Raiders, especially at the end of the season. That trade is looking worse by the day.
Ya-Sin has looked very good. The Chandler Jones signing looks bad, but that trade does not seem bad to me. Hopefully Jones starts to produce or someone else can provide even decent production off the edge opposite Maxx.

Ya-Sin has looked very good. The Chandler Jones signing looks bad, but that trade does not seem bad to me. Hopefully Jones starts to produce or someone else can provide even decent production off the edge opposite Maxx.

I agree about Ya-Sin and having him under contract for another year next year under his rookie deal makes the Ngakoue trade fine by me.

Jones is a disaster. As a lot of us have already stated, it's time to give a huge portion of his reps to Cle (on obvious running downs), Bower (on 50/50 downs) and Koonce (on obvious passing downs). Let Jones be a part of the rotation until he earns more time. Just because his ginormous salary is guaranteed doesn't mean his playing time has to be as well. Someone or something needs to re-light the fire in that man's belly.

My solutions to fix the offense -

1. Lean into the running game. I mean really lean into it. Heavy doses of Jacobs and the rest of them - including primary-designed passes such as screens, swings and wheels. It's time to start wearing down defenses using the FIVE HBs + full-time gladiator FB they have rostered.

2. Use more play action and roll outs to give Carr and the OL some relief against the relentless rush.

3. Throw to whichever of Adams, Waller or Hollins ends up in single coverage in the passing game. Renfrow can be the outlet, rather than a primary/secondary read. Hollins needs to be ahead of Renfrow in the order and if Waller's fire has dimmed (for whatever reasons) then make Hollins option 2. That dude's energy is burning red hot and needs to be unleashed. He was an absolute animal this last game and almost single-handedly willed the Raiders to victory. He should have been targeted with another jump ball for the late 2 pointer.

We have cap space, go get Suh.

I've been calling for this for months. It's not too late. Go get him, rotate the youngins at the DE spot and watch Maxx's (and the team) sack numbers go through the roof.

ugh. Another player to add to the list that I really dislike but then I am “forced” to root for when they join the Raiders (see: Romanowski, Antonio Brown, Burfict, Incognito)

I agree about Ya-Sin and having him under contract for another year next year under his rookie deal makes the Ngakoue trade fine by me.

Jones is a disaster. As a lot of us have already stated, it's time to give a huge portion of his reps to Cle (on obvious running downs), Bower (on 50/50 downs) and Koonce (on obvious passing downs). Let Jones be a part of the rotation until he earns more time. Just because his ginormous salary is guaranteed doesn't mean his playing time has to be as well. Someone or something needs to re-light the fire in that man's belly.
That is a pretty good plan. Send it go Graham.

1. Lean into the running game. I mean really lean into it. Heavy doses of Jacobs and the rest of them - including primary-designed passes such as screens, swings and wheels. It's time to start wearing down defenses using the FIVE HBs + full-time gladiator FB they have rostered.

2. Use more play action and roll outs to give Carr and the OL some relief against the relentless rush.

3. Throw to whichever of Adams, Waller or Hollins ends up in single coverage in the passing game. Renfrow can be the outlet, rather than a primary/secondary read. Hollins needs to be ahead of Renfrow in the order and if Waller's fire has dimmed (for whatever reasons) then make Hollins option 2. That dude's energy is burning red hot and needs to be unleashed. He was an absolute animal this last game and almost single-handedly willed the Raiders to victory. He should have been targeted with another jump ball for the late 2 pointer.
Love this

Gawd I hated Romanowski. I don't root for injuries but there are a few guys that if they get hurt, I don't feel any compassion for them. No one active falls into that category and it is a thin list but he was on top.... then he signed with us.

Jacobs is CRIMINALLY underrated by the general public and CRIMINALLY underutilized by his own coaching staff.

Every single time we spend a series focused on him, the results are awesome (might be exaggeration but you know what I mean).

run the effin ball. Be a truly balanced offense. Once you prove the passing game is in sync, then maybe a little bit more slinging it around the yard can be called for but, for now, in order to right the ship, freakin run the rock over and over again. Sheesh.

Jacobs is CRIMINALLY underrated by the general public and CRIMINALLY underutilized by his own coaching staff.

Every single time we spend a series focused on him, the results are awesome (might be exaggeration but you know what I mean).

run the effin ball. Be a truly balanced offense. Once you prove the passing game is in sync, then maybe a little bit more slinging it around the yard can be called for but, for now, in order to right the ship, freakin run the rock over and over again. Sheesh.
Jacobs has proven himself a threat with the ball well before McDaniels came to town. Defenses are so scared of Adams, Waller and Renfrow that they are not going to put 8 in the box and if they do- TD to Adams, Waller, Renfrow or Hollins. Force the defense to over commit to stop the run then kill them. I love how LFitz broke it down to use the run to keep the pressure off of the Oline and open up the passing game. With what we have for weapons, we shouldn't need to do this but that Oline needs help in pass pro. Shuffling them around isn't going to magically fix it. Give them the help by putting the defense in the position that they have to commit to stop the run and when they do- kill them with a pass action long ball.

I know I have been a big proponent of two TE sets but I would be happy to sacrifice from of Moreau's snaps to Johnson if nothing else than a decoy with his speed on some go and post routes. Loosen that defense where they have defend the whole field... with what we have weapons wise from Jacobs and others at RB to the pass catchers and then Hollins deep threat knack (but not elite speed) and Johnson with that speed..... I feel like we can put any defense in critical meltdown mode with the Oline as is.

I have expected more from McDaniels and Graham in running their side of the ball.

Who made the decision that Ngakoue was "too small?" Sounds like complete BS. Must be in the school of idiots that thought A. Donald was undersized coming out of college. 😂
6-5 250, 6-5 255, 6-4 265, 6-5 260 and the runt of the group 6-2 250 vs 6-2 246. And Koonce, the runt, has had 2% of snap counts. I am not saying it is right or wrong, I am just saying Graham has a type and that type is rooted in the bigger DE's like you would have in a 3-4 and not the smaller DE's that you have in a 4-3 based system (even though no one runs 3-4 or 4-3 anymore) that is found in what Bradley's system is rooted in. Most coaches have a 'type' that they like for positions and Graham clearly leans towards bigger DE's.

It was absolutely clear that the plan was, let's trade Ngakoue and get a young guy at CB that we really like (win!) and to replace him we will make a big FA signing of a big name vet that fits the defense better (in theory, great, in practice.... we picked up a guy that looks to have nothing left in the tank and the car has been abandoned on the side of the road).

The Broncos look to be a little ... hamstrung this Sunday. Lets hope it helps.

Right guard Quinn Meinerz, who pulled a hamstring in the opener and aggravated it during practice this week, was ruled out along with receiver Tyrie Cleveland, linebacker Jonathan Cooper and cornerback Darius Phillips.

Also ruled out was right tackle Billy Turner, who has yet to suit up after underoing offseason knee surgery and missing most of training camp.

Denzel Perryman, Tre’Von Moehrig, Andre James, and Nate Hobbs all returned to practice this week. Hunter Renfrow has been ruled OUT.
Fire up Hollins

Return of the Mack
At the very least the Defense has to account for him, cant double Adams or Waller

They will continue doubling Adams/Waller. Mack will get one on ones on most plays. The question is whether or not McD/Carr make them pay. Run the ball and chuck it to the Mack and watch the entire offense open up for Adams/Waller.

this isn’t a fantasy football thread, it’s raider thread!

I have to tell you, CGR, that I was indeed talkin' pure football instead of the creep of fantasy love shown Mack Hollins that had permeated the thread. That's why I posted about Renfrow. Never good to have a guy go down.

:)

I have to tell you, CGR, that I was indeed talkin' pure football instead of the creep of fantasy love shown Mack Hollins that had permeated the thread. That's why I posted about Renfrow. Never good to have a guy go down.

What a luxury to have a 3rd WR playing at this level .
I want to see how 4 wides and Waller look lined up with an empty backfield when Renfrow comes back

Last edited:
chad knows how i feel about car

do we have a qb not named carr when you were talking this :bag:

0-3 and haven't had the yearly losses yet because the league and the refs hate the raiders.... and/or the color of their uniforms....so still some of those coming.....but should win this week.....

0-3 and haven't had the yearly losses yet because the league and the refs hate the raiders.... and/or the color of their uniforms....so still some of those coming.....but should win this week.....

Raiders are 0-3 in 2022. Based on how you like to troll this thread, I suspect you are 0-3 in life. But you should win this week.

Raiders declared RB Brittain Brown, WR Hunter Renfrow, TE Foster Moreau, CB Rock Ya-Sin, OG John Simpson, DT Neil Farrell, and DE Tashawn Bower inactive for Week 4 against the Broncos.​

Raiders are 0-3 in 2022. Based on how you like to troll this thread, I suspect you are 0-3 in life. But you should win this week.
just having some fun and talking a little smack....never personal....good luck today....

Users who are viewing this thread