What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (2 Viewers)

They're playing very good football. This team is not as good as we thought (hoped) it would be. It's just not. They're thin at almost every level. But I love they are putting the ball in Jacobs hands, it's about time they try to run the offense through the backfield.

losses by 5, 6 (OT) and 3 last week before closing out the game today. for as bad as they played (Carr) they had the opportunities to have a better record but field goals aren’t going to cut it. Gonna be tough in KC next week but I’ll be cheering on either way

Derek Carr is 31. With Josh McDaniels, Tom Brady went to the playoffs 8 times, went to the Super Bowl 4 times and won 3 after the age of 31.

It is a very complicated offense, it's a thin roster, we need a little patience.

Jacobs is CRIMINALLY underrated by the general public and CRIMINALLY underutilized by his own coaching staff.

Every single time we spend a series focused on him, the results are awesome (might be exaggeration but you know what I mean).

run the effin ball. Be a truly balanced offense. Once you prove the passing game is in sync, then maybe a little bit more slinging it around the yard can be called for but, for now, in order to right the ship, freakin run the rock over and over again. Sheesh.

they ran the damn ball. Jacobs is a beast when they lean on him. That’s how you win.

For no particular reason, just wondering what Ndamukong Suh is up to.

I hope Ziegler has him on speed dial. Might be crap, might be something that helps offset the mistake of old'n'busted Chandler Jones.

Speaking of which, and could be wrong but it seemed that Koonce was on the field a lot more today.

For no particular reason, just wondering what Ndamukong Suh is up to.

I hope Ziegler has him on speed dial. Might be crap, might be something that helps offset the mistake of old'n'busted Chandler Jones.

Speaking of which, and could be wrong but it seemed that Koonce was on the field a lot more today.
He was! Crosby, Jones and him were on the field at the same time, multiple times

thought LVR run defense was on point....came to hit with a purpose....pass rush solid too....Jacobs may be the most underrated RB in league...

best 1-3 team in the league!
I know some discount anything I say as a blind homer but I do think that this is an accurate statement. However, 1-3 in our division is a helluva uphill battle. The ray of sunshine on this is that the Donkeys are not as good of a team as I expected them to be and degraded even further with Williams out for the year. The Dolts are banged up pretty bad all around and Herbie will be hurting all year long with those ribs. The Chefs look to not have been degraded in their offense as I had hoped with losing Hill though the offense is still slightly less effective without him.

The must win cliche is over used but this was pretty much the season if we lost to a division rival and went 0-4. The three losses were very close and could have easily been wins instead of losses and I think the team has the ability to get much better than it is.

Judging by the stats (did not see the game again) it appears McDaniels realized we can run the crap out of teams with Jacobs and do tons of damage. Hopefully that keep that up and attack defenses with the run game. Teams will be so worried about Adams (where the hell has Waller been all 4 games?), Renfrow when he comes back and Hollins who is quickly becoming a fan favorite for his play not only on offense but ST's that they can't key on Jacobs.... and Jacobs can do damage. Let him do it.

Judging by the stats (did not see the game again) it appears McDaniels realized we can run the crap out of teams with Jacobs and do tons of damage. Hopefully that keep that up and attack defenses with the run game. Teams will be so worried about Adams (where the hell has Waller been all 4 games?), Renfrow when he comes back and Hollins who is quickly becoming a fan favorite for his play not only on offense but ST's that they can't key on Jacobs.... and Jacobs can do damage. Let him do it.
The other thing that was nice to see yesterday was that Jacobs was a three down back. He is a really good receiver and has been underused as a pass catcher during his career so far. I have to give McDaniels credit for realizing this and not having a designated third down back like most people would expect.

Great win but the Raiders need to develop Zamir White quickly. Bolden and Abdullah are role players and the team will be sunk if, Heaven forbid something happens to Jacobs and they try to rely on these two. The team needs to know if Zamir can be a dynamic RB backup (ala Hunt, Mattison, Pollard) that can help carry the load.

I love Jacobs but no RB should get 34 touches on a regular basis. He should be getting 20 touches and give Zamir 10-15.

Great win but the Raiders need to develop Zamir White quickly. Bolden and Abdullah are role players and the team will be sunk if, Heaven forbid something happens to Jacobs and they try to rely on these two. The team needs to know if Zamir can be a dynamic RB backup (ala Hunt, Mattison, Pollard) that can help carry the load.

I love Jacobs but no RB should get 34 touches on a regular basis. He should be getting 20 touches and give Zamir 10-15.

I like this sentiment, but I think Brittain Brown has a lot more Jacobs in him than does Zamir. Neither back has Jacobs lateral ability. Few RBs his size do.

Went to the game, first time at the stadium which was absolutely amazing.

Overall happy with the play and dedication to the run. But like mentioned above gotta be better in the RedZone on both sides.

Amazing what a fumble 6 can do for the game, we rarely get the big play like that.

What was up with the onside kick call?

Finally, not sure it came through on the TV but a ton of Broncos fan there. My guess is was maybe 40% orange.

Overall happy with the play and dedication to the run. But like mentioned above gotta be better in the RedZone on both sides.

Amazing what a fumble 6 can do for the game, we rarely get the big play like that.

Finally, not sure it came through on the TV but a ton of Broncos fan there. My guess is was maybe 40% orange.
i noticed LOTS of Orange ...it was so annoying :P

Vegas is going to get a lot of opposing fans like we never got in L.A. or Oakland. It is a total different vibe from either past cities and Vegas. People want to go to Vegas and people feel safe going which I am all for... I think it is a better experience to feel like you can bring your family to a game versus thumping your chest that everyone is in silver and black and anyone foolish enough to come from the other team may not make it home alive.

Did you get to the do the tour of the stadium? I highly recommend that. Well worth the cost.

I really wanted to go to this game. I had to miss my broker convention and so I did not make it. Such is life.

we're gonna see more opposing fans in vegas because of the cost. you can't find buy a 30$ ticket from a scalper right before the game like in oakland
I don't think cost is a factor really. It is 1) Opposing fans don't need to fear death when going to the game and 2) Vegas is a place people want to go to, Oakland is not.

Also, if we start winning more Vegas peeps will bandwagon on and bring in more Silver and Black % versus opposing teams.

cost is one of the reasons I haven't gone and don't have plans to. I know other fans who would go to games in oakland because you could find those cheap tickets right before the game starts. the other reason I don't have plans to go as of now, is that I have no desire to be in vegas for anything other than the raiders. not my kind of place at all.

I'd probably be going to games in LA if they made it back there and it's more likely I go see a game against the chargers or rams there tbh

cost is one of the reasons I haven't gone and don't have plans to. I know other fans who would go to games in oakland because you could find those cheap tickets right before the game starts. the other reason I don't have plans to go as of now, is that I have no desire to be in vegas for anything other than the raiders. not my kind of place at all.

I'd probably be going to games in LA if they made it back there and it's more likely I go see a game against the chargers or rams there tbh
I understand the cost of some people not going but I don't think that is a factor to having a higher mix of opponents fans there.

For Oakland, there was absolutely no other reason to hop a plane and go there other than the game. So what if you can pick up cheap tickets? You have to pay for a flight and a hotel and if you are making the trip... you don't want crappy seats too. So, you were spending all of that to go to a game in a sewage over flow center in the shape of a sports place with a baseball field in the middle of the field.

Now, I am not a Vegas guy.... other than my trips there for my broker conventions, it was years and years before I have been there and that was back when I use to live in Cali. Last year, I made the Dolphin game as it was the same weekend as the convention. This year, I really wanted to go to last weekends but it was not going to work for a few reasons. However, even if I didn't have a broker convention, spending the money to fly to Vegas and get a hotel and everything else is more about a whole trip with the football game being the crown jewel. Same for fans of other teams. "Hey, let's go to Vegas for when we play them." plus Vegas is a city of transplants as well. It was always known that the % of other fans would be much higher than before with a move to Vegas. Overall, when the other fans don't have to fear for the lives for simply cheering another team and it is a trip to Vegas.... which regardless of how you or I feel about the city, you can't argue that it isn't an entertainment powerhouse city and a premier destination city while there was zero reason to ever even think about Oakland other than going to a Raider or A's game.

When the league shut down the Raiders building their own separate stadium in L.A. which was my plan 1A then plan 1B which was Vegas was by far the best alternative.... and honestly, it is probably even better than if we had got L.A. anyways.

PLEASE post his Raider commentary videos in this thread when you come across them for those of us who don’t Tweat, Insta or otherwise. Dude is gold!
I second those thoughts by Joey. That’s great stuff
The guys voice reminds me so much of this :laugh:

It wasn't that long ago that Martinez was a baller. You have to figure that he is able to get up to speed quickly being that he has worked under Graham previously. If his ACL issues are healed, I like the potential for him to really contribute.

"Martinez was released by the New York Giants right before the season started after a two-year tenure in the Big Apple. He will rejoin former Giants defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, who is now with the Raiders. Martinez posted four straight seasons of at least 144 tackles from 2017 to 2020 and could have some value in IDP leagues if he garners a full-time role with the Raiders. The terms of the deal have yet to be posted."

It wasn't that long ago that Martinez was a baller. You have to figure that he is able to get up to speed quickly being that he has worked under Graham previously. If his ACL issues are healed, I like the potential for him to really contribute.

"Martinez was released by the New York Giants right before the season started after a two-year tenure in the Big Apple. He will rejoin former Giants defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, who is now with the Raiders. Martinez posted four straight seasons of at least 144 tackles from 2017 to 2020 and could have some value in IDP leagues if he garners a full-time role with the Raiders. The terms of the deal have yet to be posted."
Blake Martinez's once-promising tenure with the Giants ended on Thursday when the team released him after two seasons. The linebacker and 2017 NFL co-l

"Martinez was released by the New York Giants right before the season started after a two-year tenure in the Big Apple. He will rejoin former Giants defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, who is now with the Raiders. Martinez posted four straight seasons of at least 144 tackles from 2017 to 2020 and could have some value in IDP leagues if he garners a full-time role with the Raiders.
He looks good in Black n Silver

Wearing #54 he needs to bring Bierkert energy, nastiness and toughness

The Donks losing in that manner is almost as satisfying as the Raiders winning ...almost

Was watching with my son trying not to be a hater but an observer. What I observed was that Hackett letting Russ cook is very good for the rest of the AFC.

Before we get too excited though, expect Sean Payton to land in Denver next year. Until then 😆

The Donks losing in that manner is almost as satisfying as the Raiders winning ...almost

Was watching with my son trying not to be a hater but an observer. What I observed was that Hackett letting Russ cook is very good for the rest of the AFC.

Before we get too excited though, expect Sean Payton to land in Denver next year. Until then 😆
Russ is cooked and has Denver in a rough spot. LV won’t have to worry about Denver for years. It’s going to be a 3 man race in the division for awhile. Unfortunately, LV is looking like the weakest of the 3 this year but some solid drafts can pull the Raiders up with the Chefs and Chargers next season.

Users who are viewing this thread