What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (4 Viewers)

Not a Raiders or Rams fan.
Raiders offensive play call was bad.
How do you run, run, run all second half. Especially when you have a STUD WR in Adams. Even against Ramsey.

Move him around, misdirect and jet sweep his butt to get him the ball. He's your playmaker and was hardly used.
because jacob’s, what’s your team?

I think mcD got scared when the O linemen started getting injured and that changed his playcalling. jacobs could have sat out the second half after his hand got injured. if the guy can't manage a stiff arm, what's he doing in there running short yardage or running routes?

How do you run, run, run all second half. Especially when you have a STUD WR in Adams. Even against Ramsey.

Move him around, misdirect and jet sweep his butt to get him the ball. He's your playmaker and was hardly used.
because jacob’s, what’s your team?
Cowboys!

I know Jacobs is a STUD. But you were one dimensional all second half. How many legit passes were thrown to Adams in the second half? I only counted 2. The last pass was the hail mary that got picked and Adams was 5 yards away from the ball so I don't count that one.

I agree with BigDave. Pretty stinky u creative for someone widely consider an offensive guru.

How the hell does Carr make a mistake like that with all his experience. Total lack of awareness.

I left the restaurant at the end of the 1st quarter, 10-3.

2 hours later I get to my destination and...wtffffffffffffft????

there will be 1 super bowl winner this year an every other team and coach will have sucked because they didn’t win the Lombardi trophy

The coaches destroyed any emotional momentum the Team had after those 3 exciting wins they just had . At first i thought the team was just intent on a very workman like game plan , grind it out , play action and defense . Then they just looked flat to me , like they thought they just had to show up and they would win. Very disappointing effort all around , to lose like that AGAIN is beyond unacceptable , this is not what people pay for when buying tickets and merchandise , and worse , investing their lives in this team , people in Raider Nation deserve far far better than this . We are too good for this team , they dont deserve US . Every time they flash something its just a tease . We are gluttons for punishment .

7 targets out of 20 passes by Carr. Only completed 3, but 2 were big gains of 30+ yards. I think on one of the 3rd and short plays Carr should've thrown underneath instead of a long low probability incomplete pass to Adams. Carr misses Renfrow.

People, that was Baker Freaking Mayfield, the Panthers 3rd string QB who has only been with the Rams for 2 freaking days! Unacceptable, by the defense, offense, coaches and organization as whole. I expected nothing less.

I blame myself for this one. For letting hope back in and then trying to spread it in this thread earlier today. Should have known better. That was brutal.

baker "one day of practice" mayfield outscored derek "first one in the building, last to leave"carr :help:

at this point I want to see carr play for another team just to see if it's the raiders holding him back or not. would carr be winning playoff games on another team like the rams or niners?

baker "one day of practice" mayfield outscored derek "first one in the building, last to leave"carr :help:

at this point I want to see carr play for another team just to see if it's the raiders holding him back or not. would carr be winning playoff games on another team like the rams or niners?
There are so many things wrong with this organization on so many levels to lose game like this. This wasn’t Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen. It was the Rams practice squad led by a 3rd string QB that had been in a system for 2 days. TWO… DAYS! Everyone let that sink in…
No one goes undefeated, teams always lose games they should win and win games they should lose. Happens every week. BUT it’s they way this team loses, who they lose to. It’s become so predictable, it’s comical.

Can someone explain to me how there is never a holding call done when Crosby is literally held every damn play?

But Tillery taps a ball and we get an unsportsmanlike penalty that keeps the Rams in.
ypure right about the holding. But that’s a penalty every time t the end of the game. Stupid move by tillery

Carr and mcD lost that game

McD didn't give Carr a chance to win the game, and therefore lost it. Some numbers I saw at first blush (they're reasonably accurate).

41 rushing attempts to 23 dropbacks and 20 attempts (three of which because Carr had to scramble, making the 41 rushing attempts).

That's around 65%/35% and it's not like Jacobs rushed the ball effectively last night. The two big drives had Adams for 32 and 35. That's how they got their chunk yardage on two scoring drives.

McDaniels totally abandoned the #1WR in the game last night, and you just can't do that.

Yes, he's on my fantasy team.

No, that doesn't hamper the analysis. You can't do that unless he's doubled or tripled all night, and it was often Ramsey on an island with him. Granted, as travdogg pointed out and i also though, it could be Ramsey's proficiency, but I don't think so. It's only plausible Ramsey took him away. I just wasn't seeing that.

Oof. Tough loss.

watched highlights, jesus christ, not only is that a gutting loss as a fan of the team, that's likely knocked me out of fantasy playoffs thanks to the carr-moreau connection being non-existent

The rams, with Baker and Ben skowrenek. Studs all around. Without Kupp or Donald. Can we finally close the book on McDaniels as a head coach?

The rams, with Baker and Ben skowrenek. Studs all around. Without Kupp or Donald. Can we finally close the book on McDaniels as a head coach?
The play calling was horrific at best. Run an injured Jacobs up the gut over and over even when he was getting stuffed repeatedly is pathetic. McD isn’t the long term answer but he should remain HC for at least another season while the LV adds talent from the draft for a change. Jacobs and Adams are great players but there needs to be another decent WR or a TE that adds a dimension to the O. Gruden destroyed this team by pushing out good players and drafting reaches and big misses. Its going to take a couple of years before LV is competitive each week. Let the suffering carry on. It’s what we do.

Thankfully I was recording this & only after Rams first drive of 2nd half, where their QB looked like he was playing with guys after just meeting them in last 24 hrs (which he literally did!), did I give in and check my phone for score. I then sent text to my wife to sell all my Raider stuff - my Christmas present to her. We've had some down years but within a few weeks have lost to an analyst turned coach & now this debacle. Unfrigginbelievable. Now to change my screen name....

Thankfully I was recording this & only after Rams first drive of 2nd half, where their QB looked like he was playing with guys after just meeting them in last 24 hrs (which he literally did!), did I give in and check my phone for score. I then sent text to my wife to sell all my Raider stuff - my Christmas present to her. We've had some down years but within a few weeks have lost to an analyst turned coach & now this debacle. Unfrigginbelievable. Now to change my screen name....
Think of the free time you now have on Sundays since you have no reason to watch the Raiders! It’s really probably a positive for your mental health and for the health of your relationship with your wife. You can now spend Sunday’s doing home improvement projects and spending quality family time instead of watching one of the most pathetic teams in the NFL. There are worse teams but few are as hopeless at least for this season and the next. If you need something to look forward to, we will be discussing our new HC possibilities in about 13 months. I don’t hate McD like some but he has no business calling plays in the NFL. That is his downfall.

Think of the free time you now have on Sundays since you have no reason to watch the Raiders! It’s really probably a positive for your mental health and for the health of your relationship with your wife. You can now spend Sunday’s doing home improvement projects and spending quality family time instead of watching one of the most pathetic teams in the NFL. There are worse teams but few are as hopeless at least for this season and the next. If you need something to look forward to, we will be discussing our new HC possibilities in about 13 months. I don’t hate McD like some but he has no business calling plays in the NFL. That is his downfall.
Unfortunately for my wife I also grew up a Bills fan (live in WNY), but at least 1 of my teams finally got it figured out. We've been through too much coach churn but I don't know how you keep a guy who lost this game & Colts game considering the situations preceding each.

The play calling was horrific at best. Run an injured Jacobs up the gut over and over even when he was getting stuffed repeatedly is pathetic. McD isn’t the long term answer but he should remain HC for at least another season while the LV adds talent from the draft for a change. Jacobs and Adams are great players but there needs to be another decent WR or a TE that adds a dimension to the O. Gruden destroyed this team by pushing out good players and drafting reaches and big misses. Its going to take a couple of years before LV is competitive each week. Let the suffering carry on. It’s what we do.

Adams, Jacobs, Renfrew and Waller are a better quartet than most teams have. The last two didn’t do much in this offense even before missing time. They may have been banged up, you’ll know better than I. But their OL seems a much bigger problem than the skill positions if everyone is on the field.

I didn't get to watch the game last night until the final drive, and not sure if I am going to even bother watching the highlights. But based on everything I've read, it sounds like we got back to Josh McDonald's last night.

I've become a soccer guy the last few years as my kids have taken to the sport and there is a saying there that the most dangerous lead is a two goal advantage, because it causes teams to shell up and play not to lose, rather than continuing to aggressively score. Then if one goal is conceded, suddenly it's a single goal game and the opponent has the momentum. If they score again, look out as now the game is equal and the opponent has all the energy and belief at that point.

The same can be said in American football IMO. Anything short of a three score advantage isn't safe. At all. Seen it time and again over decades of watching NFL. When a team gets a lead and starts to play conservatively to 'protect' it, the opposite often happens. McDonald's should have known better, especially after seeing the Saints suffer the exact same fate just a few days earlier.

the pick carr threw into the end zone would have been the 3 points that put the game out of reach :poop:

"but what about the defense!"
that was a ref’s got us game
No it wasn’t. Carr and mcD lost that game.
The offense should have done more but they didn't give up a 95 yard drive with 2 minutes left to a QB who had been with the team for two days.

Sorry fellas, I know how you feel about Carr &/or McDaniels but that is as much of a team loss as it gets.

The opening drive was great. A ridiculas catch by Adams, jet sweep to Hollins. Raiders looked like they would just overpower and dominate the Rams beat up defense. After that, just seemed it was Jacobs up the middle all night. Maybe they should have run Hollins a couple more times. It worked pretty well all 3 times they ran him, maybe try it on the 3rd and 1 play instead of an obviously hurt Jacobs up the middle. Again

No.

The Raiders under Josh McDaniels have become experts at blowing games. Better at it than anyone in the league.

Maybe better than anyone, ever.

On Thursday night, the Raiders did it again by losing to Baker Mayfield, who showed up to the Rams just two days ago. Mayfield led a 98-yard drive in the final two minutes and the game-winning play was one that had everyone, including Mayfield, scratching their heads.

“To be honest, I was completely shocked they lined up in press coverage with 15 seconds left,” Mayfield told reporters after the game.
A ridiculous play call under the circumstances and even more mind-boggling considering the Raiders lined up their worst cornerback against the Rams best wide receiver.

Penalties and stupid decisions played a big part in the Raiders’ fourth embarrassing collapse of the season, but the defensive play call on the final touchdown was as inexcusable as anything that happened in the game leading up to that point.

the pick carr threw into the end zone would have been the 3 points that put the game out of reach :poop:

The offense should have done more but they didn't give up a 95 yard drive with 2 minutes left to a QB who had been with the team for two days.

Sorry fellas, I know how you feel about Carr &/or McDaniels but that is as much of a team loss as it gets.
Usually the coach is responsible for team losses 🤷

Al Davis is fuming in his grave. If he were here he'd put Junior in a "timeout" and take back control. I tried to give McDaniel the benefit of the doubt,but I am now convinced if he's not the worst head coach in the league he's top 3 for sure.

I kept thinking... ok, they are setting up the playaction for the big kill play with a long throw to Adams.... nope.... just dive and dive maybe iso then dive

The pick in the endzone was unforgivable. Take the sack. Take the 3 points.

I’m trying to be a more positive person this holiday season, so let’s take a moment to focus on the positive.

This is easily among the greatest punts I’ve ever seen.

Gotta be the first griddy celebration for a punt.
Well deserved. It should have ended the game.

I’m still certain that on 2nd & 10 there was holding in the end zone. Shoulda been a safety.

I get that too. But calls for firing, IMO, are simply insane.

I think they are reactionary and, again IMO, founded more on previous dislike for McDaniels prior to his ever being hired by the Raiders.

There is no denying last night's loss was one of the worst in recent memory...well that isn't entirely honest as the Saints loss was pretty bad. So were Washington & Chicago last season and we could go back every year all the way to 2001 and find a couple of these.

Regarding this season they have four losses after carrying double digit leads into halftime (Ari, KC, Jax, LAR). Of course the buck stops with McDaniels but those kinds of losses also speak to a dearth of talent on defense (something most of us chose to ignore after they signed Davante) and maybe to Graham's defensive schemes. Throwing it all out again and starting over again after one season isn't going to fix the lack of talent. I think, almost*, any coaching staff deservers at least two seasons to bring in their players and implement their schemes.

*I would make an exception for cases like Hackett in Denver where the team hasn't even flashed the tiniest improvement at any point this season.

I think they are reactionary and, again IMO, founded more on previous dislike for McDaniels prior to his ever being hired by the Raiders.

There is no denying last night's loss was one of the worst in recent memory...well that isn't entirely honest as the Saints loss was pretty bad. So were Washington & Chicago last season and we could go back every year all the way to 2001 and find a couple of these.

Regarding this season they have four losses after carrying double digit leads into halftime (Ari, KC, Jax, LAR). Of course the buck stops with McDaniels but those kinds of losses also speak to a dearth of talent on defense (something most of us chose to ignore after they signed Davante) and maybe to Graham's defensive schemes. Throwing it all out again and starting over again after one season isn't going to fix the lack of talent. I think, almost*, any coaching staff deservers at least two seasons to bring in their players and implement their schemes.

*I would make an exception for cases like Hackett in Denver where the team hasn't even flashed the tiniest improvement at any point this season.
Some of us have been yelling loudly for decades about the lack of talent on D.

McD should get another year but that’s it if he can’t improve the play calling. Yesterday’s loss was on him.

A few play action passes of even 5 or 6 yards instead of running Jacobs up the gut repeatedly would have ended the game.

Good post

Some of us have been yelling loudly for decades about the lack of talent on D.

McD should get another year but that’s it if he can’t improve the play calling. Yesterday’s loss was on him.

A few play action passes of even 5 or 6 yards instead of running Jacobs up the gut repeatedly would have ended the game.
Amen brother

Have the raiders shown you any reason to think McDaniels is going to make this team better?
McD and Hackett are about equal imo. Carr is better than Russell, but the Denver D is better than most defenses.
I just don’t see what you’re seeing, if you think there’s meaningful difference between McD and Hackett regarding the future of their teams.

The pick in the endzone was unforgivable. Take the sack. Take the 3 points.
He was hit when throwing... I don't blame Carr on that.
I know, I am going to be dismissed as a Carr fan... but initially, I went off the rails on that. Something along the lines of WTF was that! Seeing the replay, that was just a hit at the wrong time to knock the ball loose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread