What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
The Autumn Wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.

His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn Wind is a raider,
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won.

IN!

ETA: Now somebody get me Jim Harbaugh's phone number!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to work ...
I blame Atomic Punk for our loss due to his "can I breath yet?" jinx last weekend. The jinx didn’t hit us last weekend but it’s obvious it had a hangover effect that took us down. Shame on you. ;)  

I’m actually optimistic heading into next season. Amazing what making it to the playoffs can do for your psyche. 

a new hope:

darth vader kills obi wan his mentor and Luke falls in love with his sister, yep perfect thread title for da raiders

The Autumn Wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.

His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn Wind is a raider,
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
Been a Raider fan for 54 years, and I STILL get chills hearing "The Autumn Wind".   John Madden and John Facenda;  what a magical combination.  

I posted this in last seasons thread because it's literally, not figuratively, yesterday's news but @SDJohnny

post shamed me into putting it here. ;)

I want to love the defense and Bradley but 81% opposing team red zone TD rate, a 30 year NFL historic low, really stands out among tons of defensive low points.

When thinking about QBs who may have done better than Carr with this team, outside of Rodgers I struggle to find anyone else (despite being "better" than Carr) who would have done better. Herbert? He had tons more offensive talent and similar defensive play and the Raiders still sent them home. Burrow? C'mon he barely beat the Raiders by a TD and got lucky to do even that. And he unquestionably had superior offensive and defensive supporting cast. Mahomes? Sure but let's remember how average that team was before they got the defense on track (I'm still bitter the Raiders didn't make a play for Ingram). And KC is far more stacked on both sides of the ball than the Raiders. Wilson? Okay but even with two all world WRs, and a comparably horrible defense, he was 6-8 this year (yes, I get he had the finger injury but his HC didn't get assassinated and Metcalf's career didn't suddenly end because of a horrible tragedy). Is he really the difference yesterday? I want to say yes but...really? I'm not so sure. Brady? C'mon, no chance. His Pats teams often had a dearth of receiving talent but they always had some combination of great offensive line and/or defensive talent to make up for it. And choosing TB was a no brainer with those receivers and such an all-in commitment from ownership. IMO he doesn't make a difference against the Bengals.

Please understand, I am not saying Carr is better than Burrow, Herbert, Wilson, Brady etc. I would absolutely prefer many of them over Carr (not all) but I just don't see that many QBs outside of Rodgers and probably Mahomes who get this team to the playoffs let alone turn yesterday into a victory. This team, this season had no business making the playoffs let alone having a shot to win on the last play of the fourth quarter.

Great season. Proud to fly the silver and black today.

Now let's cut the #### and bring Harbaugh into the fold.

BTW CeeDee projected to 1,171 yards & 6 TDs over 17 games in 2021

Ruggs projected to 1,139 yards & 5 TDs

"Better" WR, "better" QB same result.

CeeDee may be "better" but I'm simply not buying that Ruggs was a bad pick, even with CeeDee on the board.

CeeDee may be "better" but I'm simply not buying that Ruggs was a bad pick, even with CeeDee on the board.
We will never really know but if you can't see how Ruggs impacted the entire offense more so than his individual production then I have a lot of questions for you.... such as.... you know here in the US soccer is not football, you know that right?

We will never really know but if you can't see how Ruggs impacted the entire offense more so than his individual production then I have a lot of questions for you.... such as.... you know here in the US soccer is not football, you know that right?
Lol. Of course. But even without considering total contribution Ruggs was producing at CeeDee's hard numbers level.

Who cares. The pick ultimately was wasted. 🤷‍♂️

Who cares. The pick ultimately was wasted. 🤷‍♂️
Of course, you're absolutely correct. The question is was it forseeable that the pick would be wasted?

This wasn't Heyward-Bey this was a good pick that tragically ended horribly.

ETA: You can't blame Mayock or Gruden or Davis for Ruggs failure.

Of course, you're absolutely correct. The question is was it forseeable that the pick would be wasted?

This wasn't Heyward-Bey this was a good pick that tragically ended horribly.

ETA: You can't blame Mayock or Gruden or Davis for Ruggs failure.
correct.  

and i will always say that the correct pick would have lamb or jj.   prison or no prison.  and since we will never know if ruggs' could have proved the doubters wrong, who cares.  

it's similar to the jamarcus pick.  NOT from a talent standpoint.  it just was the wrong pick.   :shrug:   

correct.  

and i will always say that the correct pick would have lamb or jj.   prison or no prison.  and since we will never know if ruggs' could have proved the doubters wrong, who cares.  

it's similar to the jamarcus pick.  NOT from a talent standpoint.  it just was the wrong pick.   :shrug:   
JJ Jeudy or JJ Jefferson? The latter wasn't even in the conversation on draft day and Ruggs absolutely outperformed the former to date, and matched CeeDee this year.

Ruggs was a good pick. We need to disassociate the tragedy from the production.

JJ Jeudy or JJ Jefferson? The latter wasn't even in the conversation on draft day and Ruggs absolutely outperformed the former to date, and matched CeeDee this year.

C’mon fellas. This is the 2022 Raiders thread. We already hashed and rehashed and re-rehashed this one in the 2021 thread. On to brand new things to disagree about! ;)  

I’m not going to get into this again either.   I will just say that losing Ruggs really hurt the team and the Raiders must find a WR1.  
Word. What are our options at WR1? I like this topic. Never gonna get Adams (and I don’t want the team to spend so much $ on a WR). But I can be convinced by any cap-ologists who can show we can sign the best WR in the league and still fill our other holes. 
obviously draft a Wr in the 1st or 2nd this year (and DB in the 1st or 2nd as well). 

but if/when we sign a real WR1, I’m totally fine with the rest of our WR corpe of Renfrow, Zay and Edwards. And of course Waller/Moreau combo. That would be a killer unit with a study WR1 in the mix. 

C’mon fellas. This is the 2022 Raiders thread. We already hashed and rehashed and re-rehashed this one in the 2021 thread. On to brand new things to disagree about! ;)  
Fair. But that doesn't mean I won't vehemently argue against positions I believe aren't supportable.

CeeDee looks to be a good WR but nothing that he has done in his career relative to Ruggs demonstrates he is a "better" WR than Ruggs.

I'm fine with moving on from that conversation but we all need to agree on that. It is a fallacious argument to criticize the Ruggs pick relative to Jeudy or Lamb. Both at the time and today. The facts on the field support me.

I agree to never speak of it again but I will never move from my position. 

Fair. But that doesn't mean I won't vehemently argue against positions I believe aren't supportable.

CeeDee looks to be a good WR but nothing that he has done in his career relative to Ruggs demonstrates he is a "better" WR than Ruggs.

I'm fine with moving on from that conversation but we all need to agree on that. It is a fallacious argument to criticize the Ruggs pick relative to Jeudy or Lamb. Both at the time and today. The facts on the field support me.

I agree to never speak of it again but I will never move from my position. 
All good. Just messing and trying to get my first post into the new raiders thread so it gets starred. Now I’m three posts in and in mid-season form! Let’s go! ;)  

For this thread.

https://www.raiders.com/news/raiders-opponents-for-2022-nfl-regular-season-revealed

The 2021 regular season has wrapped, and while the Raiders aren't done yet as they begin a playoff campaign, their opponents for the 2022 season have been finalized. Let's take a look at who they'll be seeing in Allegiant Stadium and on the road.

Alongside the traditional six games against their AFC West opponents, the Raiders will face the AFC South (Texans, Colts, Jaguars and Titans) and the NFC West (Cardinals, 49ers, Rams and Seahawks). The schedule is rounded out by the same-place finishers in the AFC North, AFC East and NFC South. Those teams — the Steelers, Patriots and Saints, respectively — finished second in their division, same as the Raiders.

The full schedule will be released in May.

Take a look at the list of opponents below:

Home (8 games):

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

New England Patriots

Away (9 games):

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Los Angeles Rams

Seattle Seahawks

Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints

For this thread.

https://www.raiders.com/news/raiders-opponents-for-2022-nfl-regular-season-revealed

The 2021 regular season has wrapped, and while the Raiders aren't done yet as they begin a playoff campaign, their opponents for the 2022 season have been finalized. Let's take a look at who they'll be seeing in Allegiant Stadium and on the road.

Alongside the traditional six games against their AFC West opponents, the Raiders will face the AFC South (Texans, Colts, Jaguars and Titans) and the NFC West (Cardinals, 49ers, Rams and Seahawks). The schedule is rounded out by the same-place finishers in the AFC North, AFC East and NFC South. Those teams — the Steelers, Patriots and Saints, respectively — finished second in their division, same as the Raiders.

The full schedule will be released in May.

Take a look at the list of opponents below:

Home (8 games):

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

New England Patriots

Away (9 games):

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Los Angeles Rams

Seattle Seahawks

Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints
I’ll be the first to predict 10-7 and a playoff appearance again. 

A WR free agent I haven’t heard much talk about is Allen Robinson. I’d love to see him added as a WR1, Renfrow in the slot, Edwards and Jones rotating on the other side, and Waller at TE. If Carr can get some time to throw and we replace Olsen as coordinator, the offence should be humming.

A WR free agent I haven’t heard much talk about is Allen Robinson. I’d love to see him added as a WR1, Renfrow in the slot, Edwards and Jones rotating on the other side, and Waller at TE. If Carr can get some time to throw and we replace Olsen as coordinator, the offence should be humming.
I like

Godwin
Adams 
Schuster

Robinson

Chark
Gallup
Gage

Adams is a slam dunk but I don’t think he will actually become available. JJSS is interesting but I don’t think he lines up with what we need - a big bodied true WR1. I’m not a fan of Godwin. I can’t put my finger on why but he just strikes me as a guy that would sign the big deal and then fade. Chark and Gallup are two that I think could be the type of WR we need and the would definitely be cheaper than Robinson.

juedy.  only chad brings up Jefferson.  no idea why.  the argument has only ever been that cd or jj should have been the pick.  i don't associate the moronic accident with the pick.  i am only talking about it in a vacuum.  on draft day, a mistake was made.  the DUI only compounds it.  could he have been worth the pick?  we'll never know.  but it's certainly gone now.

the roster is going to look a lot different next year, unless the coaching staff is retained.  if a new staff comes in, there is going to a grip of money spent on DT, LB, OL, CB.  WR will be pretty far down the list.  i don't see them drafting a wr in the first 2 rounds, regardless.

Home (8 games):

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

New England Patriots

Away (9 games):

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Los Angeles Rams

Seattle Seahawks

Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints
3-3 in the division

hou, jax, pit, seem pretty winnable

indy, NE, NO, sea are toss ups

az, 49ers, ten, rams are really tough

9-8 maybe 10-7

but who knows, the team may get blown up.

Adams is a slam dunk but I don’t think he will actually become available. JJSS is interesting but I don’t think he lines up with what we need - a big bodied true WR1. I’m not a fan of Godwin. I can’t put my finger on why but he just strikes me as a guy that would sign the big deal and then fade. Chark and Gallup are two that I think could be the type of WR we need and the would definitely be cheaper than Robinson.
I really want Jameson Williams and I think he fits everything we need/want. A #1 type WR with elite speed. The problem is that we can't go into the draft hoping he falls that far down to us. I haven't dove into the draft class enough to see the quality of WR's outside of him and if there is a decent chance one falls to us. 

Adams is elite and a clear no brainer regardless of anything else but I don't think GB let's him go. If they need to they will tag him. How could they not?

Beyond that, I really believe we need a guy with speed. If we decide to get a #1 that does not have speed then I think we are forced to bring in two WR's and then the question is how do we work them into the offense? Does Zay go back to reserve? Do we give up on Edwards (Edwards was much more effective paired with Ruggs and the elite speed that he brought). 

Robinson is a #1, or at least use to be, 9 years in and a very down year after some injuries and rotational, ineffective QB play. Here is the thing with Robinson. He is basically the same type of WR as Edwards. Same body type, about the same height, about the same speed, etc.  

Godwin is a borderline #1 but I am not sold and he is not a speed guy. 

I have zero interest in Schuster, Gallup or Gage. None are #1 receivers and they are not burners either. 

DJ Chark is a 4.3 guy and has some size plus he is a young guy who has produced in the past in less than ideal situations. Coming off injury, he likely will not break the bank either. 

I think for what we need, Chark is the best target to bring in but Jameson Williams is ideal and I am fine with the risk of coming off injury with him. The biggest risk is not having the chance to draft him. 

juedy.  only chad brings up Jefferson.  no idea why.  the argument has only ever been that cd or jj should have been the pick.  i don't associate the moronic accident with the pick.  i am only talking about it in a vacuum.  on draft day, a mistake was made.  the DUI only compounds it.  could he have been worth the pick?  we'll never know.  but it's certainly gone now.
I thought we weren't talking about this anymore? 

I only bring up Jefferson because others did and I only pointed out the complete hindsight that is because as @DA RAIDERS correctly points out, he was never in the discussion. It was always 1A/1B Lamb/Jeudy and then Ruggs 3 as the clear top 3 and then Jefferson leading the second tier after that. 

Not a Raider fan per se but the blurbs/news/podcast info I came across suggested Gruden was the man behind the round 1 and 2 picks while Mayock was the guy that actually found the value thereafter.  They best keep Mayock and let him build the team ...

But the question I have is if Ruggs was matching CeeDee on per game production, and he was, why do you still contend it was a bad pick?

Sorry everyone but inquiring Chakas need to know.

There are a lot of FA we have to make decisions on. 

Of course, we need to know where we stand with the coaching staff first. If we move on and change DC's then the defense will need a whole lot of change as I am not sure it makes sense to keep guys that were really brought in for Bradley's system. As it stands, my thinking on each...

Nicholas Morrow LB- Bring back. Should be able to get cheaper after the injury year. 

Johnathan Hankins DL- Bring back. Good run stopper. 

Jalen Richard RB- I am good with bringing him back. He is an excells at pass pro, can run and catch and can be a kick/punt returner as well.

Marcus Mariota QB- He is gone, he will seek and get a better deal elsewhere with a chance to compete to start. 

K.J. Wright LB- He is done. I am not even sure if the vet min is worth it. 

Solomon Thomas DL- Bring back, was part of a good rotation at DT.

Quinton Jefferson DL- Bring back, was part of a good rotation at DT.

Zay Jones WR- He really came on week 12 on. If you project his production from there it is a 92 catch, 896 yards season (though he didn't get in the end zone). I am all for bringing him back. 

Casey Hayward CB- If Bradley is still our DC, he MUST come back. If not, then I am willing to move on. 

Richie Incognito LG- He is done. Retire. 

DeSean Jackson WR- He is done. Retire. 

Gerald McCoy DL- 33, ruptured quad and then major knee injury and has played in two years. Chance are he is done. 

Nick Martin C- Insurance policy against James. James clearly developed. I am fine bringing him back but not a priority and obviously for back up money.

Derek Carrier TE- Either way with him. 

Desmond Trufant CB- Can bring back as a reserve. 

Brandon Parker RT- Must replace him. Either if we believe Leatherwood can develop or we keep him at G. We can bring him back as a reserve but for reserve money.

Kyle Wilber LB- Either way. Possible reserve or let go. 

Darius Philon DL- Bring back, was part of a good rotation at DT.

Peyton Barber RB- Let him walk. 

Patrick Onwuasor LB- Potential reserve. 

Jermaine Eluemunor RG- Let him walk. 

Brandon Facyson CB- If Bradley is brought back, I think he should be brought back. If Bradley isn't then let him go. 

Marquel Lee LB- Let him go. 

Jordan Simmons LG- Let him go. 

Dallin Leavitt S- Either way. ST guy and fills in when needed. 

Jackson Barton LT- Let him go.

Roderic Teamer S- If Bradley is brought back, I think he should be brought back. If Bradley isn't then let him go. 

Nick Bowers TE- Let him go. 

Keisean Nixon CB- Let him go. 

Alec Ingold RB- If Olsen is still the OC then we have to bring him back. Most any other OC will not use a FB and we let him go. 

Lester Cotton LG- Reserve

Jeremiah Poutasi LG- Let him go. 

Not a Raider fan per se but the blurbs/news/podcast info I came across suggested Gruden was the man behind the round 1 and 2 picks while Mayock was the guy that actually found the value thereafter.  They best keep Mayock and let him build the team ...
That is my best guess as well. After the 2nd round I think Mayock had more and more decision making power in the draft while Gruden was the driver in the 1st couple of rounds. 

But the question I have is if Ruggs was matching CeeDee on per game production, and he was, why do you still contend it was a bad pick?

It is a pretty common human reaction to get invested in something you so strongly believe that data, logic, information.... mean nothing. (Please see Carr haters as another example)

It is a pretty common human reaction to get invested in something you so strongly believe that data, logic, information.... mean nothing. (Please see Carr haters as another example)
So Dak gets his hat handed to him by a Bosa-less SF team while CeeDee goes 1 for 21 and Jimmy G methodically leads a Carr-esque efficient stat line to a victory on the road against a fearsome Dallas defense. And how many people would still take Dak unquestionably over Carr?

I'm going to say most would take Dak (overwhelmingly) and suggest people be careful what they wish for.

10-7 with this roster & turmoil was a miracle.

We need to recognize that and consider what legitimate alternatives to Carr are out there. Frankly Russell Wilson may be the only one that is remotely attainable that the Raiders should even consider going after. Carr is better than anything else that may be available by a wide margin (I don't think Rodgers is available to the Raiders).

I really want Jameson Williams and I think he fits everything we need/want. A #1 type WR with elite speed. The problem is that we can't go into the draft hoping he falls that far down to us. I haven't dove into the draft class enough to see the quality of WR's outside of him and if there is a decent chance one falls to us. 

Adams is elite and a clear no brainer regardless of anything else but I don't think GB let's him go. If they need to they will tag him. How could they not?

Beyond that, I really believe we need a guy with speed. If we decide to get a #1 that does not have speed then I think we are forced to bring in two WR's and then the question is how do we work them into the offense? Does Zay go back to reserve? Do we give up on Edwards (Edwards was much more effective paired with Ruggs and the elite speed that he brought). 

Robinson is a #1, or at least use to be, 9 years in and a very down year after some injuries and rotational, ineffective QB play. Here is the thing with Robinson. He is basically the same type of WR as Edwards. Same body type, about the same height, about the same speed, etc.  

Godwin is a borderline #1 but I am not sold and he is not a speed guy. 

I have zero interest in Schuster, Gallup or Gage. None are #1 receivers and they are not burners either. 

DJ Chark is a 4.3 guy and has some size plus he is a young guy who has produced in the past in less than ideal situations. Coming off injury, he likely will not break the bank either. 

I think for what we need, Chark is the best target to bring in but Jameson Williams is ideal and I am fine with the risk of coming off injury with him. The biggest risk is not having the chance to draft him. 
i don't want a #1 coming off injury.  i don't think this staff or a new one will take a wr in the first 2 rounds.  

adams is a pipe dream.

AR is getting 18M :eek:  

if chark is cheap, fine.  but he's not a #1 either.

wr really isn't a position of need.  IMHO

i don't agree with per game production.  granted this comparison isn't fair, since cd has 12 more games in it. but  if you average out their stats, cd is ahead. we'll have to agree to disagree.  like you, my mind ain't changing on this one.  and i'm tired of talking about ruggs.  dude killed an innocent woman and her dog.  and is no longer on the team.

i don't want a #1 coming off injury.  i don't think this staff or a new one will take a wr in the first 2 rounds.  

adams is a pipe dream.

AR is getting 18M :eek:  

if chark is cheap, fine.  but he's not a #1 either.

wr really isn't a position of need.  IMHO
AR was tagged and he will not get that kind of money coming off injury and a down year even when playing.

If we want our offense to be a top of league kind of offense then we need to replace Ruggs speed. Look at the production with Ruggs ans look at it without. That speed kills. 

Users who are viewing this thread