What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

Ok, this has some legs for a fun topic.   Spill the beans boys and girls... what are your game day traditions.   I'll start: 

• Same shirt/sock combo is worn the following game if they win.   New combo is found following a loss.
  • My TV remotes have a specific order on the ottoman.  Left to right, tallest to smallest. 
  • My phone is ignored during the game.
  • My family is banned from entering the basement, where I'm watching the game.   
Maybe it’s a Winnipeg thing but with the exception of the last one, I resemble this list.

Seeing more and more smoke for the Harbaugh fire. 

Raiders unnamed insider says Harbaugh is Davis #1 choice. 

Michigan staffers believe that if the Raiders offer, he will accept. 

He was asked about this in his Monday press conference.  Explained that writing notes to players wasn't new, and was something he had done throughout his career.   Admitted that he didn't want the public attention for it.  Explained it was his daughter that took the photo and posted to her Facebook, where it got reshared to the point of it being a topic at the press conference.  And added that he loves his daughter, but had a conversation with her about that goes on Facebook... 😁  All of course, delivered with his calm demeanor.  

He was asked about this in his Monday press conference.  Explained that writing notes to players wasn't new, and was something he had done throughout his career.   Admitted that he didn't want the public attention for it.  Explained it was his daughter that took the photo and posted to her Facebook, where it got reshared to the point of it being a topic at the press conference.  And added that he loves his daughter, but had a conversation with her about that goes on Facebook... 😁  All of course, delivered with his calm demeanor.  
I don’t think coach B is the Raiders HC in 2022 but he did a great job keeping the team together through a disastrous year.  He probably should be, the more I think about it.  

No matter what happens he will always be incredibly respected and loved.  What a great human being and example of what a great man and leader is for most of us.  I wish I had some of his patience and calm demeanor.   

I don’t think coach B is the Raiders HC in 2022 but he did a great job keeping the team together through a disastrous year.  He probably should be, the more I think about it.  

No matter what happens he will always be incredibly respected and loved.  What a great human being and example of what a great man and leader is for most of us.  I wish I had some of his patience and calm demeanor.   
I think he will only get the job if for whatever reason Harbaugh does not accept the offer. I am convinced that Harbaugh is Davis' goal. Davis wants a big splash HC. Harbaugh fits that bill. Payton and Tomlin do too but they are not seriously available. Those organizations are too smart to let those coaches go. No one after that fits the bill. 

I would love to have Bisaccia back and bring in a good OC and keep Bradley (and hire a new ST). The HC doesn't need to be an offensive or defensive genius etc. Being a leader is more important and Bisaccia without any doubt is that. I think if he doesn't get the job he will be picked up elsewhere as STC (the dynamics of keeping him on board as STC just wouldn't work) elsewhere and then next year will get interviews for open spots and likely get a second chance with another team and have a good chance of success. 

Hiring a GM and forcing a coach on him is really what I hope they don't do.

If there's a package where a GM has worked with Harbaugh come in, that's ideal. 

Why are any of these coaches interviewing with the owner right now? 

With no GM, isn't that the definition of cart before the horse?

I get the feeling Davis doesn't know what he wants to do at this point in time. He hasn't been hitting the interview circuit as hard as other teams have. 

He's coming out of a very unique situation where he fired a HC he didn't want to fire in the 1st place. He loves Gruden and finding his replacement must be very difficult emotionally. 

2nd: The players love Bisaccia. And Bradley did pretty darn good with a defense that by the end of the season had a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers playing in the secondary .

What do you do if you're Mark Davis? Blow the whole thing up again? Or trust your players and stick with Bisaccia and Bradley? Spruce up the offense with a new OC, and add a few players on the Oline, defense and WR with your new GM and reload? 

Hiring a GM and forcing a coach on him is really what I hope they don't do.

If there's a package where a GM has worked with Harbaugh come in, that's ideal. 

Why are any of these coaches interviewing with the owner right now? 

With no GM, isn't that the definition of cart before the horse?
Yea... what I am HOPING is happening is that there is more back room discussion. There are a few GMs who have Harbaugh connections (though unclear how close they are, more like they worked together at times) and that they are either using that as additional carrot to Harbaugh or in consultation to Harbaugh. 

Otherwise... I HATE it. A GM should in the very least ne involved with the hire if not making the decision. 

However, the track record for Davis is mixed. He hired McKenzie and then McKenzie hired Allen. Hired Gruden without McKenzie then fired him and Gruden picked Mayock. 

I get the feeling Davis doesn't know what he wants to do at this point in time. He hasn't been hitting the interview circuit as hard as other teams have. 

He's coming out of a very unique situation where he fired a HC he didn't want to fire in the 1st place. He loves Gruden and finding his replacement must be very difficult emotionally. 

2nd: The players love Bisaccia. And Bradley did pretty darn good with a defense that by the end of the season had a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers playing in the secondary .

What do you do if you're Mark Davis? Blow the whole thing up again? Or trust your players and stick with Bisaccia and Bradley? Spruce up the offense with a new OC, and add a few players on the Oline, defense and WR with your new GM and reload? 
If I was Davis?

Keep Mayock, Bissacia and Bradley. 

Hire a new OC. Move on. 

Now? Hire GM, let them do their job in consultation with me but decide between Harbaugh and Bisaccia mostly. Go from there once you have HC figured out. 

I want Davis to be the owner who admits he's not a football guy, and looks to bring in football people who will handle the coaching search. 

I have no problem if Davis is involved in the interview, the coach should know what kind of team he is joining, but some of this interview is Xs and Os, strategy, staff structure, all the kind of stuff the owner has no idea about. 

I don’t see why harbaugh comes to the raiders.  Especially if he doesn’t get full control, Ala Gruden.   No thanks.

He’s got the opportunity to force michigan to pay him 8M+. Why not stay a god there?

and as much as I fell for the defense this year. They weren’t that good. Individually, sure. But as a unit, they were pretty bad.  They need big time upgrades in the back 7. No matter who the dc is. 

I don’t see why harbaugh comes to the raiders.  Especially if he doesn’t get full control, Ala Gruden.   No thanks.

He’s got the opportunity to force michigan to pay him 8M+. Why not stay a god there?

and as much as I fell for the defense this year. They weren’t that good. Individually, sure. But as a unit, they were pretty bad.  They need big time upgrades in the back 7. No matter who the dc is. 
All indications are that he is interested in coming back to the NFL and specifically the Raiders job.

"According to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman, "multiple sources" inside Michigan football think if Harbaugh was offered the position in Las Vegas, he'd take it."

For the D, if Bradley stays then we need to resigna few players and try to add a playmaker. Mullen will be back which is like getting a big FA signing and bolsters the secondary. 

Really, bring back a healthy D under Bradley there isn't a ton to do. If we change FC's then the D most likely needs a near full overhaul depending on system. 

All indications are that he is interested in coming back to the NFL and specifically the Raiders job.

"According to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman, "multiple sources" inside Michigan football think if Harbaugh was offered the position in Las Vegas, he'd take it."

For the D, if Bradley stays then we need to resigna few players and try to add a playmaker. Mullen will be back which is like getting a big FA signing and bolsters the secondary. 

Really, bring back a healthy D under Bradley there isn't a ton to do. If we change FC's then the D most likely needs a near full overhaul depending on system. 
Color me skeptical on harbaugh.  I don’t want him anyway. I’ve had my fill of megalomaniacs.  No way he’s taking the job as a subordinate to some noob GM. 

the d was 26th in the league. Other than perryman, the lb core was unremarkable. The interior dl was pretty damn good. Most of them are free agents(I think) and a lot of them are old and/or broke down.  Mullins return will help the dbs, but they had the 6 picks. Total.  They’re just not very good. I loved the effort. Loved the character and grit of the guys, but the d needs a lot of work. 

Color me skeptical on harbaugh.  I don’t want him anyway. I’ve had my fill of megalomaniacs.  No way he’s taking the job as a subordinate to some noob GM. 

the d was 26th in the league. Other than perryman, the lb core was unremarkable. The interior dl was pretty damn good. Most of them are free agents(I think) and a lot of them are old and/or broke down.  Mullins return will help the dbs, but they had the 6 picks. Total.  They’re just not very good. I loved the effort. Loved the character and grit of the guys, but the d needs a lot of work. 

Harbaugh has won in the NFL and college. I don't want to take a swing on a guy looking for their opportunity (any of the OC and DC's or a guy like Mayo, who I have a feeling will be a good HC) or a retread ex-HC. For me, it is Harbaugh or Bisaccia. Anyone else is going to have me skeptical. 

The D dealt with a lot of injuries. Assuming we keep Bradley around:

DL: Starting DE's are set. Nassib should be gone or maybe kept with a pay cut. Koomce started really showing promise. 

DT- Yes, FA dominate. Hankins, Philon, Jefferson, Thomas and McCoy are all FA's. Would need to resign a bunch or bring in new. Unless we can bring in Suh or one of the Cincy DT's (unlikely as Cincy has money to resign them) then not much 

LB- Perryman is solid. Deablo really came on and showed a lot of promise. KJ Wright is done and likely to retire. Morrow (FA) could be back for depth behind Perryman. We can certainly add pieces here. 

DB- Hayward (FA), Mullen and Hobbs are a very good starting CB lineup. You are crazy if you think the play we got out of Hayward and Hobbs this year wasn't good. Moehrig had a pretty good rookie year and looks promising. Abram is an excellent run defender, he got better in the passing game but needs to continue to improve. 

The system itself does not lend itself to a ton of turnovers. (Look at the Legion of Boom years of Seattle for example) but it has been the most effective (except us playing them this year) to slowing KC down (whether in SD or us or other teams borrown to good effect early this year) which is important in our division. 

If we keep Bradley and do a lot of resigning then we are not thay far off. If we change DC's then we will likely need to not resign many and bring in a whole new crop of players. 

Chadstroma said:
Harbaugh has won in the NFL and college. I don't want to take a swing on a guy looking for their opportunity (any of the OC and DC's or a guy like Mayo, who I have a feeling will be a good HC) or a retread ex-HC. For me, it is Harbaugh or Bisaccia. Anyone else is going to have me skeptical. 

The D dealt with a lot of injuries. Assuming we keep Bradley around:

DL: Starting DE's are set. Nassib should be gone or maybe kept with a pay cut. Koomce started really showing promise. 

DT- Yes, FA dominate. Hankins, Philon, Jefferson, Thomas and McCoy are all FA's. Would need to resign a bunch or bring in new. Unless we can bring in Suh or one of the Cincy DT's (unlikely as Cincy has money to resign them) then not much 

LB- Perryman is solid. Deablo really came on and showed a lot of promise. KJ Wright is done and likely to retire. Morrow (FA) could be back for depth behind Perryman. We can certainly add pieces here. 

DB- Hayward (FA), Mullen and Hobbs are a very good starting CB lineup. You are crazy if you think the play we got out of Hayward and Hobbs this year wasn't good. Moehrig had a pretty good rookie year and looks promising. Abram is an excellent run defender, he got better in the passing game but needs to continue to improve. 

The system itself does not lend itself to a ton of turnovers. (Look at the Legion of Boom years of Seattle for example) but it has been the most effective (except us playing them this year) to slowing KC down (whether in SD or us or other teams borrown to good effect early this year) which is important in our division. 

If we keep Bradley and do a lot of resigning then we are not thay far off. If we change DC's then we will likely need to not resign many and bring in a whole new crop of players. 
Koonce wasn’t active for the playoff game, when they were short DL.  Promise yes, but don’t go crazy. 
I loved the dt play. they’re mostly old and broke down. DE is set obviously. 

eta:  forgot the lbs  deablo did show promise  outside of him and perryman, the rest are seriously mediocre  at best  

hayward played pretty well. Hobbs was a miracle find. Mullins played in 5 games. My jury is still out on him. But he’s promising. Abrams and moerhig did ok. Abrams hurt again, and moerhigs position in this defense is odd. He’s the deep center fielder, last line of defense. I think he can do more, but that’s where he plays in this D. Seems like any decent, smart db could play that spot. Everyone else is JAG, or worse. 

legion of boom had 13, 12, 22 and 18 ints. If I read it right.  Slowing KC down didn’t happen this year, as you stated. Using your argument, if the system works, then it must be the personnel. 

I’ll say it again, I loved the heart with which the D played. But it needs upgrades. All over the place. 

Last edited by a moderator:
massraider said:
I want Davis to be the owner who admits he's not a football guy, and looks to bring in football people who will handle the coaching search. 

I have no problem if Davis is involved in the interview, the coach should know what kind of team he is joining, but some of this interview is Xs and Os, strategy, staff structure, all the kind of stuff the owner has no idea about. 
Didn’t he say this when he hired McKenzie?

Chadstroma said:
Yea... what I am HOPING is happening is that there is more back room discussion. There are a few GMs who have Harbaugh connections (though unclear how close they are, more like they worked together at times) and that they are either using that as additional carrot to Harbaugh or in consultation to Harbaugh. 

Otherwise... I HATE it. A GM should in the very least ne involved with the hire if not making the decision. 

However, the track record for Davis is mixed. He hired McKenzie and then McKenzie hired Allen. Hired Gruden without McKenzie then fired him and Gruden picked Mayock. 
Maybe Davis is asking prospective GMs about their feelings on Harbaugh and not simply telling them that Harbaugh will be the hire.

Why Jim Harbaugh to Raiders may be more fact than fiction

By Vincent Bonsignore Las Vegas Review-Journal

Updated January 20, 2022 - 4:59 pm

Jim Harbaugh to the Raiders? The move would make sense.

Harbaugh was an assistant with the Raiders early in his coaching career, was a personal favorite of Al Davis and was highly successful as the coach of the 49ers before returning to his alma mater to coach at Michigan.

While the Raiders have been publicly silent about the reports that Harbaugh is the leading candidate to replace interim coach Rich Bisaccia as the permanent replacement for Jon Gruden, there seems to be more fact than fiction to them.

But nothing is for certain during a coaching search, especially one in which the team is also looking for a general manager.

Here’s what we do know, however, regarding why Harbaugh to the Raiders may not be a pipe dream:

Perfect timing

The Raiders’ coaching search is unlike so many previous ones when a change in leadership was necessitated by the failure of the previous regime. The Raiders are coming off a 10-win season in which they came within one play of advancing to the second round of the AFC playoffs.

From a candidate’s perspective, their head coach opening is highly attractive, even for a coach with the pedigree of Harbaugh, who could have his pick of a number of jobs.

The Raiders seem be merely some tinkering away from taking another big step in their progression, and that is attractive for any new coach.

From the Raiders’ perspective, Harbaugh is a proven NFL commodity. He’s someone they can safely assume has the chops to push their program to the highest level, just as he did for the 49ers in a spectacular four-year run that included three appearances in the NFC Championship Game and one Super Bowl appearance.

There is little risk in handing the reigns to Harbaugh, unlike an up-and-coming assistant coach who may or may not work out.

Family ties

The Raiders have always coveted family ties when making big decisions, and Harbaugh certainly checks off that box having coached the Raiders’ quarterbacks from 2002-03.

In that time, Harbaugh became close with Mark Davis and his father, then Raiders owner Al Davis. In fact, as the late John Madden told the San Jose Mercury News in 2016, Al Davis was especially fond of Harbaugh.

“Al always respected him because he played. Al liked players,” the Hall of Fame coach told the Mercury News. “He felt the guys that played would relate better to players. He also respected Jim because he was a tough guy, a smart guy, a grinder.”

Madden went on to say Al Davis envisioned Harbaugh leading the Raiders at some point.

“Somewhere in Al’s mind, he had it that some day Jim would be the Raiders’ head coach,” Madden said.

Harbaugh cherished his time with the Raiders and said Al Davis had a lifelong impact on him.

“Certain people, coaches, have a profound, positive outcome on somebody’s life. And Al Davis had a profound, positive outcome on my life,” Harbaugh told the Mercury News. “Not just professionally, but family as well. There aren’t days that don’t go by where there’s something that affects my family or my job that I learned from him. Very thankful and a lot of gratitude for those two years that I worked for him.”

Interestingly, Al Davis planted a Raiders seed with Harbaugh toward the end of his playing career when he worked out for the Raiders during the 1993 offseason. During Harbaugh’s visit, he and Davis talked for two hours.

“It felt like 15 minutes,” Harbaugh told the Mercury News. “And then, they didn’t end up signing me. They ended up signing Jeff Hostetler. But the last thing he said after the conversation was, ‘You’ll be a Raider someday. You’ll be a Raider.’ Then when he hired me, that was the first thing he said: ‘I told you you’d be a Raider.’”

Not power hungry

While Harbaugh has been described as many things — quirky, sometimes difficult to work with, demanding — the sense is he isn’t looking to have complete control if he decides to venture back to the NFL.

As various NFL people have indicated, provided Harbaugh is paired with a general manager he trusts and respects, he’ll be content to have a seat at the decision-making table.

That would fit well with the Raiders’ vision as they go about replacing general manager Mike Mayock. Among the candidates they are expected to interview is Ed Dodds, the highly respected assistant general manager of the Colts. Dodds was working in the Raiders’ player personnel department during Harbaugh’s coaching stint with the franchise.

Dodds, incidentally, just pulled his name out of consideration for the Bears’ general manager job, leading to speculation he has his eyes on the Raiders’ job.

Vegas ties

Harbaugh met his wife, Sarah, in Las Vegas. She was selling real estate and Harbaugh was in town for a coaches convention.

As Harbaugh told the story to HBO’s “Real Sports,” he had a chance meeting with Sarah in the parking lot of a local restaurant. Harbaugh said he asked for and received her phone number. After calling her nine times, she finally returned his calls. The rest, as they say, is history.

Could a new sort of history be made with Harbaugh, Las Vegas and the Raiders?

I don't understand why anyone would not gladly welcome Harbaugh into the fold.

He may be an ######e but, who cares? He is a proven commodity with a track record of success at every stop.

He has ties to the Raiders and Vegas and, perhaps isn't looking for total control. That last part isn't a lock but it's the only potential red flag and if that's the only one then it's worth rolling the dice.

Coach B seems like a great guy and the label "Leader of men" is sure to follow any mention of his name, which says a lot about the man. I would be glad if the Raiders gave him the job but he has as many unknowns as any candidate out there.

I would also be happy if the Raiders brought in Brian Flores. By all accounts he was succeeding despite great conflict between coaching, management & absentee ownership. Another proven winner, particularly against the Patriots, smaller track record of course, with few red flags.

Clearly the league is 100% that McDaniels has a deal in place with New England to succeed Belichick otherwise he would be getting at least a few interviews.

I'm surprised Dennis Allen isn't getting any sniffs. But, sadly, he's a non-starter in Las Vegas.

Payton? Tomlinson? Pipe dreams.

Then you have a bunch of young bucks making the rounds that everyone is hoping will be the next Sean McVay.

I would be happy if Coach B brought in some successful hot shot QB coach to run the offense but those guys, and the young OCs & DCs making the rounds are complete unknown commodities for the HC position making the GM pick all the more important.

At least with Harbaugh you know he can finagle non-star talent (e.g. Alex Smith & Colin Kaepernick) into three straight NFC Championship games. Remember that was a 49 Niner team that went eight straight seasons without a winning record before he arrived.

Yeah, gimme some of that Harbaugh magic all day please...and twice on Sunday (and Monday Night, and Thursday Night, and Saturdays in December & January).

Jim Caldwell turned down an interview request with the Raiders.

Reading the tea leaves that makes me think he doesn't believe he is a legitimate candidate for the job.

I don't understand why anyone would not gladly welcome Harbaugh into the fold.

He may be an ######e but, who cares? He is a proven commodity with a track record of success at every stop.

He has ties to the Raiders and Vegas and, perhaps isn't looking for total control. That last part isn't a lock but it's the only potential red flag and if that's the only one then it's worth rolling the dice.

Coach B seems like a great guy and the label "Leader of men" is sure to follow any mention of his name, which says a lot about the man. I would be glad if the Raiders gave him the job but he has as many unknowns as any candidate out there.

I would also be happy if the Raiders brought in Brian Flores. By all accounts he was succeeding despite great conflict between coaching, management & absentee ownership. Another proven winner, particularly against the Patriots, smaller track record of course, with few red flags.

Clearly the league is 100% that McDaniels has a deal in place with New England to succeed Belichick otherwise he would be getting at least a few interviews.

I'm surprised Dennis Allen isn't getting any sniffs. But, sadly, he's a non-starter in Las Vegas.

Payton? Tomlinson? Pipe dreams.

Then you have a bunch of young bucks making the rounds that everyone is hoping will be the next Sean McVay.

I would be happy if Coach B brought in some successful hot shot QB coach to run the offense but those guys, and the young OCs & DCs making the rounds are complete unknown commodities for the HC position making the GM pick all the more important.

At least with Harbaugh you know he can finagle non-star talent (e.g. Alex Smith & Colin Kaepernick) into three straight NFC Championship games. Remember that was a 49 Niner team that went eight straight seasons without a winning record before he arrived.

Yeah, gimme some of that Harbaugh magic all day please...and twice on Sunday (and Monday Night, and Thursday Night, and Saturdays in December & January).
Harbaugh is the best of available coaches (rationally available, I would take Tomlin or Payton over Harbaugh but they are not available). He has a winning track record in both the NFL and college. 

I understand the players not gladly welcoming Harbaugh because I think the team is 100% behind Bisaccia. My preference at this point is to keep Bisaccia but my guess is Davis has Bisaccia as plan B or maybe even C. I think he wants a big splash, just like he went out and did with Gruden. 

I don't want to touch Flores. I was intrigued at first but as more info came out about what happened in Miami, to me, it is not worth it. If one person calls you an ###, ignore them. If two people call you an ###, buy a saddle. Too many issues with too many people in too many positions. 

I don't think McDaniels is seen as highly among the league and I think he has burned a lot of bridges. 

@Chakawhat is your love affair with apparent jerks from NE?  :lmao:  McDaniels and Flores- you are all full steam ahead on. You are like... "Ex-Patriots with huge character flaws? Stop talking and take my money!"  :lmao:

I am glad we haven't done anything silly like interviews with McCown or Hines. They could very well be great HC's eventually but the learning curve from basically being an assistant offensive coordinator for Hometown HS to HC is a big a jump. Yes, being ex-players gives them special insight but seriously... do you want a HC who is learning the ropes as they lead the team? That is a heck of a gamble. 

Swinging back to Harbaugh... if he wasn't available... why has he not said anything? It only HURTS him to not make a statement and sign a new contract with Michigan in recruiting if he was staying. I think he is absolutely available. I think he is looking to see what we offer then make his final decision but I think he is leaning to coming back, prefers the Raiders but may consider the Bears. 

Reading the tea leaves that makes me think he doesn't believe he is a legitimate candidate for the job.
He turned down the Vikings too but interviewed with the Bears and Jags. ??? I don't know how to read that. 

What has he been doing the last few years? I haven't seen his name at all until recently. 

He turned down the Vikings too but interviewed with the Bears and Jags. ??? I don't know how to read that. 

What has he been doing the last few years? I haven't seen his name at all until recently. 
Bill Pollian is leading the GM search in Chicago. He brought Caldwell to Indy and made him the successor to Dungy. He is a competent HC if very vanilla.

Not sure about the Jags.

Harbaugh is the best of available coaches (rationally available, I would take Tomlin or Payton over Harbaugh but they are not available). He has a winning track record in both the NFL and college. 

I understand the players not gladly welcoming Harbaugh because I think the team is 100% behind Bisaccia. My preference at this point is to keep Bisaccia but my guess is Davis has Bisaccia as plan B or maybe even C. I think he wants a big splash, just like he went out and did with Gruden. 

I don't want to touch Flores. I was intrigued at first but as more info came out about what happened in Miami, to me, it is not worth it. If one person calls you an ###, ignore them. If two people call you an ###, buy a saddle. Too many issues with too many people in too many positions. 

I don't think McDaniels is seen as highly among the league and I think he has burned a lot of bridges. 

@Chakawhat is your love affair with apparent jerks from NE?  :lmao:  McDaniels and Flores- you are all full steam ahead on. You are like... "Ex-Patriots with huge character flaws? Stop talking and take my money!"  :lmao:

I am glad we haven't done anything silly like interviews with McCown or Hines. They could very well be great HC's eventually but the learning curve from basically being an assistant offensive coordinator for Hometown HS to HC is a big a jump. Yes, being ex-players gives them special insight but seriously... do you want a HC who is learning the ropes as they lead the team? That is a heck of a gamble. 

Swinging back to Harbaugh... if he wasn't available... why has he not said anything? It only HURTS him to not make a statement and sign a new contract with Michigan in recruiting if he was staying. I think he is absolutely available. I think he is looking to see what we offer then make his final decision but I think he is leaning to coming back, prefers the Raiders but may consider the Bears. 
Nothing has come out about Flores specifically that should be a red flag.

Virtually everything out of Miami indicates that there is, at best, an I'll defined hierarchy from the absentee owner throughout the C-suite of the organization. At worst there are several layers between the HC and Steve Ross and those layers are each acting like they have the final say on the team and gave Flores conflicting directives.

Then there is talk about Ross being upset Flores didn't intentionally tank in 2019 to land Burrow. And the poorly handled directive from Ross, allegedly, to go after Watson. It would be difficult for any coach to succeed in that environment.  Flores absolutely made chicken salad out of that chicken ####.

Nothing has come out about Flores specifically that should be a red flag.

Virtually everything out of Miami indicates that there is, at best, an I'll defined hierarchy from the absentee owner throughout the C-suite of the organization. At worst there are several layers between the HC and Steve Ross and those layers are each acting like they have the final say on the team and gave Flores conflicting directives.

Then there is talk about Ross being upset Flores didn't intentionally tank in 2019 to land Burrow. And the poorly handled directive from Ross, allegedly, to go after Watson. It would be difficult for any coach to succeed in that environment.  Flores absolutely made chicken salad out of that chicken ####.
I think we are reading different things on the situation...

What I have seen has been multiple issues with front office and players. 

Now, some players absolutely liked him for sure but there are plenty of reported examples of confusing behavior and some players apparently were not happy. Plenty of small little anecdotes of behavior that shows character flaws the most well known is conflict with Tua. 

He apparently wanted more control even though from all reports the GM basically gave him what he wanted. There was conflict with the GM. 

He also apparently tried to get people fired within the organization that had nothing to do with football operations. I think it was a marketing guy or something. 

And then apparently conflict with the owner. 

We don't know much info other than what gets reported. I tend to look towards "where there is smoke then there is fire" kind of thinking. There seems to be a lot of smoke with Flores. 

Again, I was very interested in Flore at first but the more I read the more I don't want any part of that. Let another team take that risk. We don't need more drama. 

i see this as a dude who either didn't want those 2 jobs or a guy that doesn't want to fill the rooney quota for jobs he knows he's not getting/wanting.

points in both directions.   :shrug:   

i see this as a dude who either didn't want those 2 jobs or a guy that doesn't want to fill the rooney quota for jobs he knows he's not getting/wanting.

points in both directions.   :shrug:   
The Raiders definitely aren't the most stable organization as of late either. While there are a lot of attractive aspects to this club any new coach would be excited about, there are some negatives I could see scaring away some people. Especially those with multiple options. 

So, only two known coaching candidates the #Raiders requested so far have been Jerod Mayo and Jim Caldwell. Seems Caldwell thought something was amiss. 

Reminder that you need two candidates from underrepresented groups to satisfy the Rooney Rule now. 

Caldwell ain't trying to be a token, clearly. Good for him. 

The Raiders definitely aren't the most stable organization as of late either. While there are a lot of attractive aspects to this club any new coach would be excited about, there are some negatives I could see scaring away some people. Especially those with multiple options. 
agreed.  i see various reports about the raiders being a super desirable destination.  i'm not so sure. the front office is chaotic, at best.  if i had options, i would be exploring them.

bradley?

coach b ain't getting it.  the new GM,  would never accept that
I haven't got a clue. I was referring to Coach B. I guess it depends on how much he values his players' opinions.  Crosby has made it well known how much he would like to see Bisaccia get the job. What about Derek Carr? How long will he even be there? Is Davis planning on signing his extension,  or is 8 years enough? So many unanswered questions right now, it's all speculation. But if Derek leaves, maybe he's thinking rebuild mode again and is trying to lure Harbaugh. If he likes the direction of the team (for the most part) then Coach B or Bradley deserve the gig IMO.

I haven't got a clue. I was referring to Coach B. I guess it depends on how much he values his players' opinions.  Crosby has made it well known how much he would like to see Bisaccia get the job. What about Derek Carr? How long will he even be there? Is Davis planning on signing his extension,  or is 8 years enough? So many unanswered questions right now, it's all speculation. But if Derek leaves, maybe he's thinking rebuild mode again and is trying to lure Harbaugh. If he likes the direction of the team (for the most part) then Coach B or Bradley deserve the gig IMO.
I was teasing a bit. I like coach b. I just don’t see him getting job. The only way he would have kept it was if they went with the status quo. Mayock got the boot, so I expect everyone else to be gone as well. 

I think we are reading different things on the situation...

What I have seen has been multiple issues with front office and players. 

Now, some players absolutely liked him for sure but there are plenty of reported examples of confusing behavior and some players apparently were not happy. Plenty of small little anecdotes of behavior that shows character flaws the most well known is conflict with Tua. 

He apparently wanted more control even though from all reports the GM basically gave him what he wanted. There was conflict with the GM. 

He also apparently tried to get people fired within the organization that had nothing to do with football operations. I think it was a marketing guy or something. 

And then apparently conflict with the owner. 

We don't know much info other than what gets reported. I tend to look towards "where there is smoke then there is fire" kind of thinking. There seems to be a lot of smoke with Flores. 

Again, I was very interested in Flore at first but the more I read the more I don't want any part of that. Let another team take that risk. We don't need more drama. 
I think we are reading it differently.

#### rolls downhill and Ross is one of the bizarre owners in the league. If Flores wanted a marketing guy gone, IMO it's because the mixed signals coming down from the top made that guy think he had more say on the team than any marketing guy should.

And it's pretty tough to manage a relationship with your QB when your boss is openly beating the drum to replace said QB. They did go 8-1 after the trade deadline.

- 10-7 playoff team

- Brand new stadium which is a draw to FAs (HCs too)

- No state income tax, which is a bigger draw to FAs (HCs too)

- Franchise QB in house with probably a 6 year horizon of continued production

- GM coming in with the HC, which means they both sign off on each other to some degree

What's not to love?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Bradley is going to get the gig over Bisaccia. It is Bisaccia or Harbaugh in my view... combined that is 90% chance. The field has the last 10%. 

With Crosby and Carr needing extensions (as the headliners), considering their desire for HC is somewhat important if you want to be an effective GM. 

So, only two known coaching candidates the #Raiders requested so far have been Jerod Mayo and Jim Caldwell. Seems Caldwell thought something was amiss. 

Reminder that you need two candidates from underrepresented groups to satisfy the Rooney Rule now. 

Caldwell ain't trying to be a token, clearly. Good for him. 
Explains us but is there a clear favorite in Minny? 

The lack of other HC (or at least announced) further leads me to think it is between Harbaugh and Bisaccia. 

How.do you know ehat the new GM would accept or not without even knowing who the new GM is? That is some amazing foresight bud.
Because GMs want to control the narrative. And they probably don’t want a career ST coach as the man leading the team. 

Coach b seems like an awesome dude. And I applaud your man crush on him. I like him as well.  

I think we are reading it differently.

#### rolls downhill and Ross is one of the bizarre owners in the league. If Flores wanted a marketing guy gone, IMO it's because the mixed signals coming down from the top made that guy think he had more say on the team than any marketing guy should.

And it's pretty tough to manage a relationship with your QB when your boss is openly beating the drum to replace said QB. They did go 8-1 after the trade deadline.
Not sure what is true, but I was reading all along that Flores was pushing hard for Watson.  It would make sense that the GM wanted to keep Tua, who he drafted, and Flores wanted a more proven player.  

Flores would be near the top of my list if I was running a franchise in need of a HC.

Users who are viewing this thread