What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NASCAR Thread (3 Viewers)

It's actually perfect weather for the great American race today. Usually get screwed by rain.

I'm on Hamlin, Dillon and Blaney

Hey Fox is there a reason your leaderboard doesn't show laps down ffs 

I don't give a #### if you are rolling 195 mph if you are down 3 laps

Last edited by a moderator:
Biggest concern I have after today is how easy Burton went upside down.

I have to assume they tested the crap out of these cars. Cannot be very comforting to see one flip that easy. 

@aaronbearden93: Looks like Bubba Wallace caught Brad Keselowski's left-rear near the exit of the turn. 

"Just lost the nose," Wallace says. He apologizes for the contact. 

Austin Cindric got thrown into the wall behind them. He's got some damage. 

Harrison Burton piled in, too.

@aaronbearden93: Looks like Bubba Wallace caught Brad Keselowski's left-rear near the exit of the turn. 

"Just lost the nose," Wallace says. He apologizes for the contact. 

Austin Cindric got thrown into the wall behind them. He's got some damage. 

Harrison Burton piled in, too.

Keselowski had gotten loose earlier and almost took out Bubba's car owner.

The new cars look pretty racy on the cookie cutter track. The smaller teams seem to be more competitive with this package while everybody is figuring things out.

lol at Larson

@bobpockrass: Elliott: "What the f*** is he doing." ... Elliott is told it was a d*** move by him.

good luck language filter!

@jeff_gluck: Kyle Busch reaction to Bowman winning: "The same ####### guy who backs into every ####### win that he ever ####### gets backs into another ####### win. Bull####!"

I am not a road race aficionado,  but when multiple cars are pointing the wrong direction,  that's not good

The new cars put on a good show on road courses but NASCAR needs to implement local yellows.  It's ridiculous to have an 8-10 minute full-course caution to bunch the field and cycle pit stops after a spin on a 3+ mile circuit.

The new cars put on a good show on road courses but NASCAR needs to implement local yellows.  It's ridiculous to have an 8-10 minute full-course caution to bunch the field and cycle pit stops after a spin on a 3+ mile circuit.

I thought these cars would be good on the road courses. They are practically IMSA sports cars at this point.  

Not complaining. 

Hamlin lost some respect with his :cry:  post on how the road race ended.

I miss the old days when true racers, like Earnhart Sr. made their living winning by any means necessary  :drive:

Hamlin lost some respect with his :cry:  post on how the road race ended.

I miss the old days when true racers, like Earnhart Sr. made their living winning by any means necessary  :drive:
Didn't see Hamlin interview but Allmendinger lost lots of respect by me. Acting as he was innocent victim on the last lap

Didn't see Hamlin interview but Allmendinger lost lots of respect by me. Acting as he was innocent victim on the last lap
:hifive:  he bumped earlier in that last lap but seems to have forgotten that. Time to bring back the big boys who race to win.

Denny's tweet:

For NASCAR driver Denny Hamlin, his earlier point in the Twitter thread was that this happened quickly. That now it is a do-whatever-it-takes thing in the sport. He tweeted, “In 2017 it wasn’t ok. In todays world. ‘High stakes’ ‘do whatever it takes’ ‘playoffs on the line’ blah blah, it’s all fair game. The game has changed and it’s just expected now. Everyone runs over everyone. Doesn’t matter if it’s for 1st or 10th.”
Guess he is "whining " that back in 2017 he wrecked Chase Elliot and the way Nascar fans treated him afterwards :cry:  

Maybe it's just me, but I swear Richmond race use to be fun/interesting.. I fell asleep during the 2nd stage, and almost fell asleep again during stage 3. :yawn:

not only is this Darlington this weekend but it's throwback weekend

@___Leland: So pumped for Darlington today. Throwback week is just the greatest. Some of the best looking schemes in the field. https://twitter.com/___Leland/status/1523370121687093248/photo/1

@BRMotorSports2: It’s race day, and between our 6 total cars (5 team members and MES affiliate), we have 5 throwbacks coming to Darlington tonight! All of them are below, and it will all be live on @pitstoptv_ TONIGHT!
Tune in, and catch the action! 
Which throwback is your favorite? https://twitter.com/BRMotorSports2/status/1523370485366411265/photo/1

@Jalopnik: Top 5 Throwback Paint Schemes in NASCAR's Darlington Cup Race http://dlvr.it/SPzZ6V https://twitter.com/Jalopnik/status/1523351912648568834/photo/1

Users who are viewing this thread