What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 New York Football Giants (under new management of Schoen & Daboll) (2 Viewers)

Monday roster moves:

Signed defensive lineman Henry Mondeaux off its practice squad and activated cornerback Rodarius Williams from injured reserve.

Tackle Devery Hamilton and defensive back Justin Layne were released.

Terminated the practice squad contract of tackle Will Holden.
Giants are getting healthier ...knock on Wood! Releasing Hamilton means that Peart is probably ready to take over the swing tackle role and getting Williams who was actually the starting CB before getting injured last year is huge.

Last edited:
Big Blue View posts PFF grades from Texans game
https://www.bigblueview.com/2022/11...rom-the-giants-week-10-pff-scores-snap-counts

Both Dex & Leo posted grades in the 90's
That matches my eye test, thought they both played very well. Hope Dex gets a 2nd contract here, he was playing well while Leonard was out (break that tradition of no 2nd contracts for DT's).

Both of them in on over 90% of the snaps. Nick Williams and DJ Davidson out for the year. We need some reinforcements at DL to give these guys a breather.

Dan Duggan
@DDuggann

OL Devery Hamilton is also headed back to the practice squad, per source. So the P-squad is full. Still one spot open on the 53. Meanwhile, CB Justin Layne was claimed by the Bears after getting waived by the Giants yesterday

Field Yates
@FieldYates

The Giants have signed veteran DT Vernon Butler to their practice squad.

Last edited:
Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton

Brian Daboll says Giants RT Evan Neal will return to practice today for first time since his knee injury.
Significant step for the rookie.

@DDuggan21
Daboll said WR Wan’Dale Robinson won’t practice today after his hamstring tightened up yesterday. Could put Sunday in jeopardy.

I'm still amazed at what this team has done with the limitations on their offense. Daniel Jones can blame his receivers if he doesn't get an offer to return.

The PFF report shows Andrew Thomas's 89.6 overall PFF grade is second only to Christian Darrisaw of the Minnesota Vikings (89.8) among offensive tackles. Imagine if the Giants had taken Darrisaw instead of Toney? Then they'd have had their pick of WRs this year instead of Neal.

The PFF report shows Andrew Thomas's 89.6 overall PFF grade is second only to Christian Darrisaw of the Minnesota Vikings (89.8) among offensive tackles. Imagine if the Giants had taken Darrisaw instead of Toney? Then they'd have had their pick of WRs this year instead of Neal.
I don't follow the vikings, but isn't Darrisaw a LT? I have no issues with the Neal pick last year.

It is difficult to evaluate the trade down and subsequent Toney pick. He, for what ever reason, didn’t fit with the team. But the picks the Giants received in return allowed for some shrewd picks in this years draft. There are lots of strings with this particular move. I know that I would have liked Parsons, but the opportunity cost analysis is tough to do here. It might be more interesting to see who else they could have picked 20th. Unless you are saying Darrisaw was available at that spot and I’m totally missing where you are going. That is always possible…

I don't follow the vikings, but isn't Darrisaw a LT? I have no issues with the Neal pick last year.
The issue is the Toney pick ... If they had taken Darrisaw in 2021 they wouldnt have needed Neal and couldve had their pick of WRs Olave , London , Wilson or even traded out
Or they couldve went IOL Kenyan Green or linderbaum or even traded out

It is difficult to evaluate the trade down and subsequent Toney pick. He, for what ever reason, didn’t fit with the team. But the picks the Giants received in return allowed for some shrewd picks in this years draft. There are lots of strings with this particular move. I know that I would have liked Parsons, but the opportunity cost analysis is tough to do here. It might be more interesting to see who else they could have picked 20th. Unless you are saying Darrisaw was available at that spot and I’m totally missing where you are going. That is always possible…
Darrisaw was available. Many of us wanted him over Toney. I would say most Giants fans preferred it at the time. O-line was the primary need that year. Slayton was coming off a solid 2nd year considering it was the covid year, they had Shepard, and they had just signed Golladay to a big contract.

Jalen Ramsey,a good friend of OBJ,said in a recent interview (The Show) that The Rams want him back but if he were to bet he thinks OBJ will go to either Dallas or back to The Giants.

Yes, as already noted Darrisaw was available, he went at #23. While at the time I personally wanted them to take Parsons or Slater, I did think they got a nice haul from the Bears to trade down. That said, taking Toney at #20 is what I'm discussing. They could have taken Darrisaw instead, and then this year still had the Bears pick that could have been used on a WR.

Giants SNY: Kenny Golladay on time with Lions, criticism

I gotta say he's knocking it out of the park with these interviews. Knows he needs to do more with the opportunities he's had, has to bring it every week regardless of opponent. He just needs to break out of the cycle of suck he's been in, maybe one play where he actually gets a 50/50 jump ball and brings it down.
This is really the last chance ... Giants need him and he's playing his old team. Regardless of what he says ... they dumped him and I'm sure he wants to show them up. The good news is ... he was open twice last week and getting open has been his biggest problem. The drops were new and hopefully an anomally

Giants injury losses today:

Jason Pinnock (jaw)
Jon Feliciano (neck)
Wan'Dale Robinson (knee) - prelim report as torn ACL, will need MRI results.
Adoree' Jackson (knee) - reported as sprained MCL, 3-5 weeks.
Fabian Moreau (ribs)
Tyre Philips (neck)

Jason Pinnock (jaw)
Jon Feliciano (neck)
Fabian Moreau (ribs)
Tyre Philips (neck)
Would I be wrong to think that would make them a little more desperate for WR help, and likely to outbid Dallas for Beckham?

Jason Pinnock (jaw)
Jon Feliciano (neck)
Fabian Moreau (ribs)
Tyre Philips (neck)
Would I be wrong to think that would make them a little more desperate for WR help, and likely to outbid Dallas for Beckham?
Desperate yes, but I don't think the Giants could outbid the Cowboys if they really want him. They would have to be prepared to offer him a 3-4 year deal heavily loaded on the back end, which could screw up Shoan's rebuild plan for a 30+ injury prone player.

Honestly don't see the Giants winning more than 1 or 2 games the rest of the way ... and I don't even see where they would come from. A split with WAS is 1 ... don't know where the other would come from ... maybe MIN

Just when the injuries were clearing up. Along comes yesterday. They'll still fight and give a good effort every week,but the talent just isn't there,but the future is bright!

I dunno ... the shine is wearing off. If the Giants end up with 7-8 wins do we consider that a success after being 7-2 ?
Having Jackson return punts is an inexcusable mistake!

I dunno ... the shine is wearing off. If the Giants end up with 7-8 wins do we consider that a success after being 7-2 ?
Having Jackson return punts is an inexcusable mistake!
I'd probably still consider it a success when compared to the Judge/Gettleman era.

It sucks Jackson got hurt, but I wouldn't call it an inexcusable mistake. I mean, he's a former elite returner. The Dolphins have used Tyreek on a couple punts this year, I think they were just looking for a spark.

I traded Montgomery for Wan'Dale and a 2nd in dynasty yesterday morning, had Monty for 4 years and was sick of him, saw Wan' doing well, and was happy for a bit, then read he got hurt, and now its ACL.
He should be back for start of 2023. I just hope this doesnt derail his progress, Giants add all kinds of WR help, and he gets lost in the wash.

I don’t want to see giants do anything to mortgage future. This team is going nowhere. There was no way they fixed a decade worth of gm malpractice in one season. You can’t make a career of one score games and comebacks. It’s fine. The foundation is being laid. 7-2 was fun.heck so is 7-3. But they were never good.

saw this on a giants board...

WR2 Shep- out for season
WR3 Robinson- out for season
WR4 C. Johnson - out for season
WR5 James - questionable
TE1 Bellinger- out
LT Thomas- questionable
LG1 Bredeson- on IR
LG2 Ezeudu- out
LG3 Lemieux- out
C1 Felciano - Out
RT1 Neal - Out
RT2 Phillips- Questionable

DL N. Williams - on IR
DL Davidson - on IR
Edge Ojulari - on IR
LB Beavers - out for season
CB1 Jackson - out
CB2 Moreau - out
CB3 Robinson- on IR
S McKinney- on IR
S3 Belton- questionable
S4 Pinnock- questionable

17 players missing the game - 5 more questionable

The Giants have designated OLB Azeez Ojulari, G Ben Bredeson and S Tony Jefferson to return to practice from injured reserve.
I think they might be getting Neal and Bellinger back as well

"It’s entirely possible Giants get back 7 players for big game vs. Commanders. G Ben Bredeson (knee) RT Evan Neal (knee) C Jon Feliciano (neck) TE Daniel Bellinger (eye) OLB Azeez Ojulari (calf) CB Fabian Moreau (oblique) S Tony Jefferson (foot) All have a chance…"

Offensive Tackle Evan Neal

Q: If they had to put a label on the injury report – full, limited – what would you have been today?

A: I was full today.

Q: So, you're ready to be back?

A: Oh, yeah. I felt good out there today. Felt good to be back.

Q: Any lingering effects at all?

A: I didn't feel anything. Felt good, really promising.

I don't know about you guys ... but I would love to have Odell @ $15m-18m per year range for 2-3 years if possible
This year would be nice but more so for the next 2 seasons. He will be more healthy and It would alleviate the pressure to draft a WR in the 1st round next year.
They literally have nothing @ WR going into next season right now. Golladay (done) , Shep (Done) , Wan'dale (coming off ACL), Slayton (FA)

They Need C, CB, WR, LB and TE2 ... At this point I'm not real interested in resigning Barkley a $20M cap hit so RB would be a need as well
Rather sign Odell and focus on Center or Corner, in the first rd or two, WR in rd 2 or 3, LB and TE in 4 & 5

Lotta holes so hopefully we can fill 1 or 2 in Free Agency

I don't know about you guys ... but I would love to have Odell @ $15m-18m per year range for 2-3 years if possible
This year would be nice but more so for the next 2 seasons. He will be more healthy and It would alleviate the pressure to draft a WR in the 1st round next year.
They literally have nothing @ WR going into next season right now. Golladay (done) , Shep (Done) , Wan'dale (coming off ACL), Slayton (FA)

They Need C, CB, WR, LB and TE2 ... At this point I'm not real interested in resigning Barkley a $20M cap hit so RB would be a need as well
Rather sign Odell and focus on Center or Corner, in the first rd or two, WR in rd 2 or 3, LB and TE in 4 & 5

Lotta holes so hopefully we can fill 1 or 2 in Free Agency
$15-18mm? I'm gonna go no on that. enough with the bad signings.

Barkley isn't getting $20mm from anyone.

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton

Based on what I've seen this week at practice, Giants should have Azeez Ojulari, Daniel Bellinger, Evan Neal, Fabian Moreau, Jon Feliciano and Tony Jefferson all back in some capacity for biggest December game in six years vs. Washington on Sunday.

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton

Based on what I've seen this week at practice, Giants should have Azeez Ojulari, Daniel Bellinger, Evan Neal, Fabian Moreau, Jon Feliciano and Tony Jefferson all back in some capacity for biggest December game in six years vs. Washington on Sunday.
Getting Azeez Ojulari, Daniel Bellinger, and Evan Neal is huge!
Patricia Traina hinted the we might see Feliciano at C and Gates at LG

Dan Salomone @Dan_Salomone

OL Mark Glowinski (back) & WR Kenny Golladay (illness) have been added to the injury report.

Both players are listed as questionable for Sunday vs. Commanders.

word is the flu is going around the locker room.

Dan Salomone @Dan_Salomone

OL Mark Glowinski (back) & WR Kenny Golladay (illness) have been added to the injury report.

Both players are listed as questionable for Sunday vs. Commanders.

word is the flu is going around the locker room.
Of course ... Wouldnt be the giants if half the team wasnt questionable or out

Users who are viewing this thread