What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 NFL Free Agency Thread - News, Rumours & Speculation (1 Viewer)

The Titans should be noteworthy, I doubt they are but they should be. They have 27 free agents so...half the team. They're also already full against the cap.

Harold Landry took a few years to use different moves than just a speed move but he played very well this past year and should be a considerable signing or franchise tagged.

Saffold is probably gone and replaced by Brewer.

Julio is gonna be discussed. Unsure but definite do we keep him at that salary discussion.

Rashaan Evans is a special athlete at ILB that began had a 90 off rating the second half of his rookie year and closed 2021 very strong playing w Cunningham. The middle years it's debatable with a questionable DL in front of him and a lot of responsibility for a young player. Still..I expect he gets big money and big impact elsewhere.

D'onta Foreman was impressive and...I can't imagine he's a street free agent again.

Can go on and on, half the team

Ryan Jensen

Trent Brown

-I'm not sure either of them actually will be available, perhaps their franchises use a tag or something but if they hit the open market, the Miami Dolphins have the most currently to spend with about $65M and that's before they make some obvious cuts if they choose to that pushes that figure to around $80M+ so they could throw silly money to try and put a quick fix to a glaring problem on their OL. Miami has also brought in the Marines to work on their running problems with upgrades in coaching at OL, OC, pass coordinator, bingo caller, and don't forget the Niners went and got Trent Williams from the Commodores and I believe Coach M&M will make at least one big splash on the OL in free agency, almost has to so they have flexibility going into the Draft, go BPA instead of just out of need. 

Great thread Faust

Last edited by a moderator:
The Patriots have yet to open contract talks with free agent J.C. Jackson this offseason.

“I guess they feel they don't need me,” Jackson told NBC Sports Boston. “Can't be that important. I know I am but they're not showing me.” Jackson is looking to be paid as a top-five corner, a deal they would have no trouble getting in free agency. The Patriots haven't been close on a new contract, with sides breaking off talks during the season. Jackson is open to playing under the $17 million franchise tender if he's tagged, which is looking increasingly likely. Jackson, a second-team All Pro, finished behind only Cowboys CB Trevon Diggs with eight interceptions last year and leads all cornerbacks in interceptions since 2018.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Boston

Feb 26, 2022, 12:09 PM ET

JC Jackson was an rfa tagged with second round last year. He is a perfect example of GMs egos too high and expectations of rookies too high near the draft.

No one stole him from Pats for a second and he winds up one of the best....

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Patriots CB J.C. Jackson won't get the team's franchise tag and will be a free agent. 

Jackson has been displeased with the Patriots' total lack of interest in retaining him for 2022 and beyond. He said in February that he would be open to playing under the $17 million franchise tag, but Rapoport said New England is more likely to let Jackson walk this spring. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 4, 2022, 1:30 PM ET

Titans sign TE Rob Gronkowski

Projected terms: One year, $8 million | Per year: $8 million

Mike Vrabel likes the tough guys, and Gronk's personality fits right in. He brings pop as both a blocker and pass catcher, giving Tennessee a quick fix at a position of need. The one-year deal allows Gronk to ride into the sunset in 2023, if he chooses

yes please. One year deal, maybe two. 

Patriots CB J.C. Jackson told NFL Network's Mike Girardi he wants to be the highest paid corner in the league.

It was previously reported Jackson wants to be paid as a top-five corner. Jackson is looking to match the $20 million APR Jalen Ramsey got from the Rams in 2020, a deal they could potentially land in free agency. The Patriots aren't expected to franchise tag Jackson, and a tag-and-trade scenario is unlikely. Jackson's chances of returning with the Patriots has been in doubt since the sides broke off talks during the season. The-26-year-old All-Pro is positioned for a massive deal if the Patriots let him walk.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Mar 5, 2022, 12:36 PM ET

I'd have zero interest in J.C. Jackson at that price if I were any GM. Take him out of the Belichick system, and I'm not sure he's a top-10 CB in the NFL. 

I'd much rather sign a cheaper vet like Casey Hayward or Bryce Callahan. 

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Chargers could be in the mix for one of the market's top free agent corners in J.C. Jackson or Stephon Gilmore. 

After years of having one of the league's best cornerback groups, the Bolts had one of the worst in 2021. 2021 second-rounder Asante Samuel Jr. still has long-term upside, but coach Brandon Staley's defensive success with the Rams came with Jalen Ramsey acting as a true alpha at corner. Jackson is smack dab in the middle of his prime, while Gilmore isn't too far removed from it. With the league's second most cap space and Justin Herbert still on his rookie deal, the Chargers have the means and the need to make a free agent splash. 

RELATED: 

Stephon Gilmore

, Los Angeles Chargers

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter 

Mar 6, 2022, 6:11 PM ET

Pro Football Network's Aaron Wilson reports the Chargers, Packers and Broncos have interest in impending free agent Von Miller. 

That is in addition to "strong mutual interest" between Miller and the Rams. Wilson reports Miller could still command up to $20 million annually, which would make him difficult to bring back for cap-strapped Los Angeles. We doubt Miller would be interested in a Broncos reunion, though that would change in a hurry if Aaron Rodgers were the quarterback. Fresh off a highly-disruptive postseason, 33-year-old Miller (in three weeks) is going to get paid. 

RELATED: 

Los Angeles Chargers

, Denver Broncos

, Green Bay Packers

SOURCE: Pro Football Network 

Mar 6, 2022, 9:42 PM ET

VM back to Denver seems definitely possible. He didn’t want to leave but now he’s gotten himself a ring and the trade gets Denver slightly better. It might be weird but it works for everyone imo. 

Von Miller posted photos of himself in a Broncos uniform with captions "58 or 40" and "I wonder if they will give me my old locker back?"

Miller wore number 58 with the Broncos and now wears 40 with the Rams. Miller has already been tied to the Broncos in free agency and his Instagram posts leave little doubt that he is open to a return. The Rams, who traded second and third-round picks for Miller in November, are reportedly interested in signing Miller, as are the Packers and Chargers. With three contending teams interested in him, a return to the Broncos would be a sentimental play for Miller, unless Aaron Rodgers lands in Denver. Miller, who turns 33 in March, appears to have a strong market, with his next deal reportedly having potential to be in the ballpark of $20 million a year.

SOURCE: Ari Meirov on Twitter

Mar 7, 2022, 1:42 PM ET

MLive.com's Kyle Meinke said the Lions are "prepared to make a heavy investment at wide receiver" in free agency. 

The Lions have $20.1 million in salary cap space headed into free agency, the 15th most in the league. Meinke mentioned Amari Cooper, Detroit native Allen Robinson, Allen Lazard, and D.J. Chark as potential targets for the Lions in the coming weeks. Cooper, expected to be released by the Cowboys this month, "would be an obvious fit for a Lions team looking to add size and playmaking ability, especially in the red zone," Meinke said. If Robinson signs with Detroit, he would continue his career defined by catching passes from middling quarterbacks. Jared Goff under center might make it tough to attract top-tier wideout talent this offseason. Amon-Ra St. Brown could be in for another massive target load in 2022. 

RELATED: 

Allen Robinson

, D.J. Chark

, Amon-Ra St. Brown

, Allen Lazard

, Detroit Lions

SOURCE: MLive.com 

Mar 8, 2022, 11:11 AM ET

With Adams back to GB, Mike Williams back to the Chargers, Godwin likely back to Tampa, and Gallup likely back to Dallas, the remaining UFAs (Robinson, JuJu, Kirk, Chark, etc.) are going to get paid big time.

5 year 87.5 for Harold Landry.

Boy, that feels like an obvious bad move by the Titans. Especially with AJ Brown and Jeffrey Simmons needing a new deal next year. Landry has been extremely inconsistent, and despite his sack totals last year, hasn't really developed much beyond his rookie season in my opinion. Most of those sacks were Jeffrey Simmons doing anyway, much the same way Aaron Donald basically made/makes Leonard Floyd. 

Last year the Titans signed Bud Dupree(maybe they just aren't good at scouting edge guys?) to a similar deal(5/82.5) so they've invested almost 170 mill into not having a very good outside pass rush. 

The Commanders did not tender restricted free agent QB Kyle Allen, making him a free agent.

This was an expected move for a team that has Carson Wentz and Taylor Heinicke under contract for 2022. Having just turned 26, Allen heads to the open market with 106 attempts over the past two years. The ex-Panther still has not proven he is a viable No. 2 quarterback, but he has not proven the opposite, either. He should get in someone's backup mix this spring. 

RELATED: 

Washington Commanders

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter 

Mar 10, 2022, 2:58 PM ET

Commanders released S Landon Collins.

Washington signed Collins to a six-year $84 million deal in 2019. With three years left on his deal, the Commanders were looking to restructure his contract. Collins was due base salaries of $11.5 million, $12.5 million, and $13.5 million in 2022-2024. After tearing his Achilles in Week 7 of 2020, Collins had a rough 2021, grading as Pro Football Focus' 142nd safety. He was particularly bad in coverage, grading 172nd out of 176 qualifying among safeties. Collins remains a force in the run game and should attract interest from teams looking for a classic in the box strong safety. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 10, 2022, 11:12 AM ET

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread