What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 NFL Free Agency Thread - News, Rumours & Speculation (1 Viewer)

Falcons add Casey Hayward 2/11.

I'm a little surprised Hayward didn't end up with a contender. He's gonna be 33, but is still one of the 10 best zone CBs in the NFL.

Asking a lot of a 37 year edge rusher old to be worth ~18M, but again - we’ll find out.
Even the guaranteed money over 3 years matters, doesn't really tell us much. 

What's the signing bonus? How much dead cap will there be after two years. 

Giving him a 6 year deal makes me think it's a big signing bonus, so they can make his contract number in 22 as small as possible

Giving him a 6 year deal makes me think it's a big signing bonus, so they can make his contract number in 22 as small as possible
Probably so. Hey, I’d take him on the Niners. Dude balled out in the playoffs. 

I need to see the contract. 

taking their shot at the SB in the Josh Allen window

cap will go up significantly every year

probably mandated that he be on something similar to the TB-12 program

I think it's designed as a 3 year contract, majority of 3/52.5 M is guaranteed and then it's an easy out.

With A-Rob signed, seems like JuJu is the most prominent WR out there without a home. The market must be pretty cool for his services relative to what he wants.

Are Julio and OBJ no longer considered prominent?
I did say “most” prominent. Besides Julio is way past his prime and OBJ just tore his ACL (and despite some playoff success, also isn’t what he used to be). Seems like the league feels somewhat the same about Juju.

I did say “most” prominent. Besides Julio is way past his prime and OBJ just tore his ACL (and despite some playoff success, also isn’t what he used to be). Seems like the league feels somewhat the same about Juju.
JuJu didn't get much love last year either. The speculation then was teams didn't have any cap space. Back-to-back years of 8.6 YPC and a shoulder injury don't exactly jump off the page at the negotiating table.

Free agent OT La'el Collins will visit the Bengals. 

This dot has been connecting all week, though Collins has also been linked to the Patriots and Dolphins. As NFL Network's Cameron Wolfe points out, Collins would be reuniting with ex-Cowboys OL coach Frank Pollack in Cincy. Unsurprisingly, it appears there will be enough competition for Collins' services for the versatile veteran to land a multi-year deal following his curious release from the Cowboys. 

RELATED: 

Cincinnati Bengals

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Mar 17, 2022, 6:23 PM ET

Larry Ogunjobi is back on the market after failing his physical for the Bears.

As a Bears fan, all I can say is, whew. Talk about getting saved from themselves. 

Very slow on a lot of these FA RB signings. Starting to think that a lot of these guys may just go back to their teams for lack of better offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why nobody wants JuJu.  This is the second year in a row that there seems to be no interest in him.

Very slow on a lot of these FA RB signings.
Yes and it's usually slow with them but this seems extremely slowand odd that of the higher end Rb's we had just the two Arizona Rb's quickly sign, like right after FA started on Monday, and then only Rb's who have signed since are spares.

I've found myself wondering if the higher end FA RB market is getting held up on some possible Barkley/CMC deals being discussed and that needing to sort itself out a little more before the logjam breaks.

Very slow on a lot of these FA RB signings.
Yes and it's usually slow with them but this seems extremely slowand odd that of the higher end Rb's we had just the two Arizona Rb's quickly sign, like right after FA started on Monday, and then only Rb's who have signed since are spares.

I've found myself wondering if the higher end FA RB market is getting held up on some possible Barkley/CMC deals being discussed and that needing to sort itself out a little more before the logjam breaks.
That could be part of it, but none of the FA RBs are big names that will command big contracts. I think it’s just another confirmation that RBs are increasingly devalued in today’s NFL, particularly how often they get hurt. And that cheap, effective labor at the position can be found in the rookie draft, even late.

We love RBs in fantasy, but it’s virtually the complete opposite in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why nobody wants JuJu.  This is the second year in a row that there seems to be no interest in him.
Outside receivers get big money. Guys that are mostly slot receivers or underneath guys don't get paid much. They are one step above RB on the pay scale. I don't know what type of money JuJu is asking for, but I don't think teams look at him as a $10+ million player.

He had one crazy good year where he saw 10+ targets a game. His other seasons haven't been anywhere near that. He's averaged around 60 receiving yards a game over his career. He's missed about 25% of games over his career.

Combining his production and games played, he's averaged 771 yards and 12.5 games played per season. How much is that worth to a team?

zamboni said:
Juju to the Chiefs - 1 year, 10.75 mln. Decent money but not exactly long term 
Can't help but think KC will regret this move. JuJu has showed next to nothing since 2018. I think there were plenty of better WRs available, and likely cheaper. In all honesty, I'm not sure he's an upgrade from Hardman. 

Can't help but think KC will regret this move. JuJu has showed next to nothing since 2018. I think there were plenty of better WRs available, and likely cheaper. In all honesty, I'm not sure he's an upgrade from Hardman. 
ARob would have been perfect for them. 3rd option with by far the best QB he has had.

I think he’s getting Pringle/Robinson touches mostly and should be a solid upgrade there. Maybe not but hard to regret a 1 year deal too much. 

I think he’s getting Pringle/Robinson touches mostly and should be a solid upgrade there. Maybe not but hard to regret a 1 year deal too much. 
More the 10 mill I mean. I think that money would have likely been better spent on a CB, or on a cheaper WR, and then you could still afford maybe a RB to compete with CEH. 

I just don't think JuJu is a very good player. Better than Pringle/Robinson, but nothing special. 

ARob would have been perfect for them. 3rd option with by far the best QB he has had.
Landry would have made sense too.  

More the 10 mill I mean. I think that money would have likely been better spent on a CB, or on a cheaper WR, and then you could still afford maybe a RB to compete with CEH. 

I just don't think JuJu is a very good player. Better than Pringle/Robinson, but nothing special. 

Landry would have made sense too.  
Arguably $ could have been better spent yes. TBD on that. 

It won’t be a problem buying a quality RB to compete with CEH if that’s what they want - they’re not exactly flying off the shelves. They could probably re-sign Darrel Williams if they wanted. 

Patterson re-signing with the Falcons. They should probably move him back to WR.
Disappointing and surprising. I thought he showed a ton last year and was the best (or at least most interesting) RB on the market. A pass heavy contender (Buffalo? TB?) should have been all over him. 

Disappointing and surprising. I thought he showed a ton last year and was the best (or at least most interesting) RB on the market. A pass heavy contender (Buffalo? TB?) should have been all over him. 
I’m guessing that most teams - maybe even Atlanta as well - realize that he was miscast as an RB. While he had great success early on, his effectiveness declined as the season went on. Maybe just too much volume wore him down.

I’m guessing that most teams - maybe even Atlanta as well - realize that he was miscast as an RB. While he had great success early on, his effectiveness declined as the season went on. Maybe just too much volume wore him down.
Those tackles in the trenches by the d-lineman and the linebackers hit a little harder than the ones from the corners. 

Those tackles in the trenches by the d-lineman and the linebackers hit a little harder than the ones from the corners.
Agreed. Patterson is a big dude but yes, big  difference getting clocked on a few kickoff returns and the occasional reception.

And he's old,  at least 2 years older then any other decent FA Rb.

He was a better fit at RB than he ever was at WR. He's miscast if you are giving him 20 touches a game, but as a situational player on a contender, I think his explosiveness would have been an excellent asset. 

I'm not sure if his late season decline should be held against him too much. It was kind of Atlanta's offense in general falling apart after Ridley left. Its possible he wore down, but its also possible he became the focal point of defenses, and he's obviously not suited for that.

And he's old,  at least 2 years older then any other decent FA Rb.
True, but a lot less mileage. I'd certainly have rather had Patterson than say, Chase Edmonds or JD McKissic. 

Side note, I'm a little surprised we haven't heard any chatter on Rashaad Penny. He tore up down the stretch, and while injury prone, he's not likely some major investment. 

Side note, I'm a little surprised we haven't heard any chatter on Rashaad Penny. He tore up down the stretch, and while injury prone, he's not likely some major investment. 
I agree. Seems like teams are looking more at his first 4 years of injuries rather than his big time run there. It’s not like he’d cost much though as a flier.

I agree. Seems like teams are looking more at his first 4 years of injuries rather than his big time run there. It’s not like he’d cost much though as a flier.
I was hoping for Atlanta to take a flier on him or Foreman. I assume Penny ends up back in Seattle with a one year deal.

Bills signed Duke Johnson

Great move, they got a better player than McKissic, for likely less than McKissic. 

Honestly wouldn't be surprised at all, if Johnson emerged as the Bills #1 RB. 
I'm not laughing at you. I actually agree 100%. 

But it made me laugh anyway because it just isn't going to happen. Even though ONCE AGAIN it should!

Jameis back to the Saints.
Much like Wentz to Was, I don't think this takes them out of the 1st round QB hunt. 

I'd have rather had Mayfield if I were them, but its better than giving up something for Jimmy G. 

Have to wonder if he'll revert to being an INT machine without Payton around. 

Much like Wentz to Was, I don't think this takes them out of the 1st round QB hunt. 

I'd have rather had Mayfield if I were them, but its better than giving up something for Jimmy G. 

Have to wonder if he'll revert to being an INT machine without Payton around. 
Payton reigned him in big time.  It's a two year deal though.  Doesn't preclude them from drafting someone, but it gives them flexibility to wait until next year when the class is supposed to be significantly better than this one.

Users who are viewing this thread