What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Offseason IDP Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Tick

Footballguy
I have some teams that are eliminated, and there are some leagues where I have to cut players at the end of the season, so I'm looking for dynasty IDP ranks.

Here's what I see today:

• FBG has one ranking set up from @Jeff Haseley from Dec 1, which is great to see.
  • FantasyPros has no rankings since the season started.
  • IDPGuys hasn't updated since the season started.
  • DLF: I don't have a subscription.
  • 4for4: I don't have a subscription. No dynasty rankings.
  • RotoBaller seems to have only redraft IDP rankings.
  • Fantasy 6 Pack seems to have only redraft IDP rankings.
  • Fantasy Sharks has undated dynasty IDP rankings, but their quality is always really poor.
  • Rotoheat has rankings from April 2020.
  • Dynasty Nerds: I don't have a subscription.
  • IDPGuru doesn't have them for free, doesn't look like they're there for subscription either.
  • King Fantasy Sports doesn't appear to have IDP dynasty rankings.
Do people with subscriptions to other sites see dynasty IDP rankings?  PFF with Jon Macri mabye?  Any other free sites out there with current rankings?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the MKF promo this year and won with my one bet. I then cashed out, effectively getting paid $10 to have a sub to DLF. \o/

I see no 2022 rankings for either side of the ball. It's entirely possible that info exists and is buried in podcasts but I don't have time for that. If it's there, the titles don't make it obvious that I'd find such content inside. 

I suppose it's not specific to 2022 season ranks, but DLF's IDP "dynasty rankings" are updated.  The default view has 4 rankers listed, and today the last updates were 11/29, 12/9, 12/9 and 12/11

I've been reading more PFF and it's been good, but I've always struggled with their rankings.  As I see it (but there are maybe 4-5 different ways to get to rankings and maybe they're different?) Macri's dynasty rankings were last updated in August

I suppose it's not specific to 2022 season ranks, but DLF's IDP "dynasty rankings" are updated.  The default view has 4 rankers listed, and today the last updates were 11/29, 12/9, 12/9 and 12/11

I've been reading more PFF and it's been good, but I've always struggled with their rankings.  As I see it (but there are maybe 4-5 different ways to get to rankings and maybe they're different?) Macri's dynasty rankings were last updated in August

I saw that and had typed it into my response (Top 250 O was redone and the IDP, as you mention) but I had a brain cramp. I was not really equating that to a 2022 rankings list but that's exactly what it is, just posted under the 2021 rankings listings in a "how we'd draft now, knowing what we know" kind of way. My fault; thanks for pointing it out. 

I joined a IDP league 2 seasons ago before the rookie draft.  Didn’t have a feel for it at all, and inherited the worst IDP squad. By the end Of the season I had the 3rd best IDP squad, and have the best squad this year, and owe it entirely to FBG’s!! I have looked around for a another set to compare against too, but after this season I don’t see any reason to waste my time. 

I joined a IDP league 2 seasons ago before the rookie draft.  Didn’t have a feel for it at all, and inherited the worst IDP squad. By the end Of the season I had the 3rd best IDP squad, and have the best squad this year, and owe it entirely to FBG’s!! I have looked around for a another set to compare against too, but after this season I don’t see any reason to waste my time. 
In just the past 2 years, the rest of the internet has really stepped up on the IDP front.  The biggest complaint about FBG IDP coverage recently was about getting information before Tuesday night waiver runs.  Rudnicki's weekly article has always been good, but some don't like it.  There are now 8 free weekly Tuesday IDP waiver wire articles (that I know of) on other sites that collectively give incredible in-season information.  Combining that with FBG's League Dominator features like weekly projections and rest-of-season rankings makes for the ideal in-season approach.

With that gap filled in by the rest of the internet, the next gap is offseason rankings.  Too many sites take the time between the end of the fantasy regular season and the NFL draft off, and there are a lot of dynasty decisions that fall during that time.  If another site steps into that gap, I'd love to know about it to get some more perspectives.  I've been scouring for ANY rankings in that gap for something like 3-4 years, and we've been collaborating on these forums to find useful info, or create our own rankings to spur discussion if we can't find any out there.

Seeing Haseley's rankings makes me happy.  It sounds like DLF is the only other place with rankings up right now.  I took this year off from DLF, but might sign up again based on this.

I put together some DE rankings (as defined by MFL) assuming balanced scoring:

1. Garrett, Myles CLE DE 25
  2. Bosa, Nick SFO DE 24
  3. Hunter, Danielle MIN DE 27
  4. Bosa, Joey LAC DE 26
  5. Allen, Josh JAC DE 24
  6. Burns, Brian CAR DE 23
  7. Hubbard, Sam CIN DE 26
  8. Davenport, Marcus NOS DE 25
  9. Lawrence, Demarcus DAL DE 29
  10. Young, Chase WAS DE 22
  11. Reddick, Haason CAR DE 27
  12. Williams, Leonard NYG DE 27
  13. Crosby, Maxx LVR DE 24
  14. Rousseau, Gregory BUF DE 21
  15. Phillips, Jaelan MIA DE 22
  16. Greenard, Jonathan HOU DE 24
  17. Hendrickson, Trey CIN DE 27
  18. Sweat, Montez WAS DE 25
  19. Ogbah, Emmanuel MIA DE 28
  20. Harris, Charles DET DE 26
  21. Tuitt, Stephon PIT DE 28
  22. Lawson, Carl NYJ DE 26
  23. Jordan, Cameron NOS DE 32
  24. Heyward, Cameron PIT DE 32
  25. Allen, Zach ARI DE 24
  26. Ngakoue, Yannick LVR DE 26
  27. Turner, Payton NOS DE 22
  28. Basham, Carlos BUF DE 24
  29. Okwara, Romeo DET DE 26
  30. Paye, Kwity IND DE 23
  31. Hicks, Akiem CHI DE 32
  32. Watt, J.J. ARI DE 32
  33. Gregory, Randy DAL DE 29
  34. Jones, Dre'Mont DEN DE 24
  35. Taylor, Darrell SEA DE 24
  36. Clowney, Jadeveon CLE DE 28

LBs:

1. Smith, Roquan CHI LB 24
  2. Parsons, Micah DAL LB 22
  3. White, Devin TBB LB 23
  4. Brooks, Jordyn SEA LB 24
  5. Jones, Deion ATL LB 27
  6. Oluokun, Foyesade ATL LB 26
  7. Wagner, Bobby SEA LB 31
  8. Watt, T.J. PIT LB 27
  9. Kendricks, Eric MIN LB 29
  10. Leonard, Darius IND LB 26
  11. Martinez, Blake NYG LB 27
  12. Mosley, C.J. NYJ LB 29
  13. David, Lavonte TBB LB 31
  14. Holcomb, Cole WAS LB 25
  15. Wilson, Logan CIN LB 25
  16. Warner, Fred SFO LB 25
  17. Owusu-Koramoah, Jeremiah CLE LB 22
  18. Long, David TEN LB 23
  19. Bolton, Nick KCC LB 21
  20. Campbell, De'Vondre GBP LB 28
  21. Perryman, Denzel LVR LB 28
  22. White, Kyzir LAC LB 25
  23. Okereke, Bobby IND LB 25
  24. Thompson, Shaq CAR LB 27
  25. Cunningham, Zach TEN LB 27
  26. Queen, Patrick BAL LB 22
  27. Hicks, Jordan ARI LB 29
  28. Davis, Demario NOS LB 32
  29. Kirksey, Christian HOU LB 29
  30. Edmunds, Tremaine BUF LB 23
  31. Milano, Matt BUF LB 27
  32. Baker, Jerome MIA LB 24
  33. Schobert, Joe PIT LB 28
  34. Simmons, Isaiah ARI LB 23
  35. Browning, Baron DEN LB 22
  36. Jones, Ernest LAR LB 22
  37. Davis, Jamin WAS LB 23
  38. Werner, Pete NOS LB 23
  39. Taylor, Davion PHI LB 23
  40. Barnes, Derrick DET LB 22
  41. Murray, Kenneth LAC LB 23
  42. Greenlaw, Dre SFO LB 24

Safeties:

1. James, Derwin LAC S 25
  2. Abram, Johnathan LVR S 25
  3. Chinn, Jeremy CAR S 23
  4. Adams, Jamal SEA S 26
  5. Dugger, Kyle NEP S 25
  6. Byard, Kevin TEN S 28
  7. Bell, Vonn CIN S 27
  8. Bates, Jessie CIN S 24
  9. Winfield, Antoine TBB S 23
  10. Baker, Budda ARI S 25
  11. Willis, Khari IND S 25
  12. McKinney, Xavier NYG S 22
  13. Fuller, Jordan LAR S 23
  14. Poyer, Jordan BUF S 30
  15. Ryan, Logan NYG S 30
  16. Maye, Marcus NYJ S 27
  17. Collins, Landon WAS S 27
  18. Simmons, Justin DEN S 28
  19. Reid, Justin HOU S 24
  20. Mathieu, Tyrann KCC S 29
  21. Thompson, Jalen ARI S 23
  22. Smith, Harrison MIN S 32
  23. Fitzpatrick, Minkah PIT S 25
  24. Curl, Kamren WAS S 22
  25. Davis, Ashtyn NYJ S 25
  26. Jones, Brandon MIA S 23
  27. Rapp, Taylor LAR S 24
  28. Delpit, Grant CLE S 23
  29. Deablo, Divine LVR S 23
  30. Kearse, Jayron DAL S 27
  31. Woods, Xavier MIN S 26
  32. Walker, Tracy DET S 26
  33. Edmunds, Terrell PIT S 24
  34. Whitehead, Jordan TBB S 24
  35. Amos, Adrian GBP S 28
  36. Adderley, Nasir LAC S 24
  37. Phillips, Adrian NEP S 29

Have Khalil Mack and Jabrill Peppers reached their expiration date?

I don't see anything to tear up. :hifive:
I’m generally anti 3-4 OLB. Peppers’s snaps concern me, but I expect most people to have him on their lists.

Thanks @Tick  I come to FBG to look at Dynasty rankings for IDP....and of course there are none just when now is a great time to pick up potential players for next season!  Thank you for the lists, I was debating between Rapp and Fuller, and I think I'll go Fuller. 

Tear them up - they're here to drive discussion so they get better.

Abram is having season ending shoulder surgery for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.  He fit really well with Gus Bradley's system, but the long term health prospects for a guy who hits like he does with shoulders that do not seem to be able to hold up seem risky from a dynasty perspective.

Abram is having season ending shoulder surgery for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.  He fit really well with Gus Bradley's system, but the long term health prospects for a guy who hits like he does with shoulders that do not seem to be able to hold up seem risky from a dynasty perspective.
Good points. It's hard to put anyone in the top 5 at safety - they all look wrong when I see the names.

Tear them up - they're here to drive discussion so they get better.
A few

i know down season but I have hard time putting Chase Young behind guys like Davenport, Lawrence and Hubbard

i really don’t see Lawrence as much different than Cam Jordan. Just 3 years.

not sure on Greenard. Buying on Paye at that price. 

LB. Isiah Simmons way too low. I think top 10. He was great in week 17 and feel that he will only grow. No way do I take Oloukon over him. He feels like Paul Warrilow to me. Long seems iffy. Cunningham is key. Perryman is an replaceable guy IMO. Buying on 1 great season.

leaving Mosley and David due to age. Wagner getting close also.

devin Bush needs to be on list

DB. Too hard. Kamren Curl is the guy that sticks out. He has been money last 2 seasons when starting. Think he is stalwart here now. 

Some guys scored a lot lower than we would expect this season. Average points per game ranks:

• Curl S30
  • Simmons LB39
  • Bush LB73 !!!
  • Young DE57 !!!
  • Sweat DE46
  • JPP DE54
Good call on Cunningham - it’s only one game as Long comes back, but Cunningham had more snaps than Long in week 17.

i really don’t see Lawrence as much different than Cam Jordan. Just 3 years.
I probably weighted age too heavily. Scheme changes kill IDP value so quickly, looking more than 2 years ahead is probably of little value anyway.

Some guys scored a lot lower than we would expect this season. Average points per game ranks:

• Curl S30
  • Simmons LB39
  • Bush LB73 !!!
  • Young DE57 !!!
  • Sweat DE46
  • JPP DE54
Good call on Cunningham - it’s only one game as Long comes back, but Cunningham had more snaps than Long in week 17.
You have to have context

curl for some reason did not start season. He was DB13 from week 6 on with double digits all but one week. 

simmons not sure of but I see another Roquan Smith movement. He really passed Hicks at the end of the season. I see this trend and again young. 

Chase young. Last year was blip. Don’t care what he scored. He is super talented player.  As dynasty owner, not many I would trade him for in the end. 

Devin Bush. Not sure what happened with him. He at least was also not getting snaps. Why in dog house. Especially after resources they spent to get him. Maybe still not 100% from injury. Talent wins out for me overall. As you said, things can change in IDP quickly. Where is Jaylon Smith. Or what about Josh Allen who avg 4.1 pts per game in 2020. 

add another name in Vander Esch. He should move to new team this year. There are opportunities out there to be had. He is effective when on the field

Tick What are your thoughts on DT and CB? The DE, LBs, and Safeties excellent. All others put JOHN Johnson as top 10 safety. Yes with Rams but not Browns. 2nd year playing IDP!

Looks like IDPGuys have some updated dynasty rankings. I suspect they’re still averaging in some old rankings, but I need to dig further to see if they list ranking dates and allow us to remove a rank set from the average or anything.

That Danielle Hunter ranking looks bonkers - DE15, and probably lower since they call one of the Bosas an EDGE instead of DE… probably some other players in thst category too.

FantasyPros has a couple of rankings up dated 2/8 and 2/9. One was Bob Van Duser, I didn’t recognize the name of the other ranker. 

Do many play with how they rank things. My league is just DE, LB and DB with start 11. I consider a lot of there top 50 barely  rosterable. And LB seems to be the hardest to find. Those with best crews are some of the best teams. So you want to stsrt 4 over 4 DL.So this list seems hard for me other than giving names. 
I have found that rankings are not necessarily transferable if you have non standard scoring.  Most rankings seem to heavily tailored to balanced to tackle heavy scoring.  OLB's are very undervalued for most standard lists.  However if you have big play heavy scoring the ranks won't match the true value for your league.  It's how you can gain an advantage over your league mates by understanding how your scoring is related to the lists.  You can find gems this way.

I have found that rankings are not necessarily transferable if you have non standard scoring.  Most rankings seem to heavily tailored to balanced to tackle heavy scoring.  OLB's are very undervalued for most standard lists.  However if you have big play heavy scoring the ranks won't match the true value for your league.  It's how you can gain an advantage over your league mates by understanding how your scoring is related to the lists.  You can find gems this way.
Not this list. They. valued rush LBs huge and I stay away as usually too dependant on the big play. I thought really heavy on some youth, that have proven nothing also for those that hope to hit on the Pete Werners of the world. 

Not this list. They. valued rush LBs huge and I stay away as usually too dependant on the big play. I thought really heavy on some youth, that have proven nothing also for those that hope to hit on the Pete Werners of the world. 
The rush LB's are high because they lumped them l together as edge guys with 4-3 DE's so it's not exactly a LB ranking

Thanks @Tick  I come to FBG to look at Dynasty rankings for IDP....and of course there are none just when now is a great time to pick up potential players for next season!  Thank you for the lists, I was debating between Rapp and Fuller, and I think I'll go Fuller. 
This is strange to me.  I've been subscribing to FBG for 20 years now, maybe more, and one of the main reasons I did was because of the universally available "latest" player rankings.  Now, they might have been from last summer and out of date, but I could at least see them.  While do really like the ability to see my team, other teams, all the free agents, etc., not having visibility to ANY staff rankings just seems like a huge step backwards.  

This is strange to me.  I've been subscribing to FBG for 20 years now, maybe more, and one of the main reasons I did was because of the universally available "latest" player rankings.  Now, they might have been from last summer and out of date, but I could at least see them.  While do really like the ability to see my team, other teams, all the free agents, etc., not having visibility to ANY staff rankings just seems like a huge step backwards.  
I think with the new website they nerfed it to anything past like 30 days gets dropped off...and yes even something mid season is better than nothing...

Looks like IDPGuys have some updated dynasty rankings. I suspect they’re still averaging in some old rankings, but I need to dig further to see if they list ranking dates and allow us to remove a rank set from the average or anything.

That Danielle Hunter ranking looks bonkers - DE15, and probably lower since they call one of the Bosas an EDGE instead of DE… probably some other players in thst category too.
(FantasyPros) While the Vikings have not openly expressed interest in trading Danielle Hunter, other team executives believe he is available due to Minnesota's cap issues. Analysis: The Vikings are $15.7 million over the cap limit and owe Hunter an $18 million roster bonus on March 20. The two-time Pro Bowler missed 10 games last season with a torn pectoral muscle. Prior to the injury, he had tallied six sacks and and 38 tackles in seven games.

A couple thoughts on the big name signings today:

• Reddick going to the Eagles.  I think he takes quite a hit in production as he likely won't get the snaps that he got in Carolina.  I think he will do ok but not be as productive.
  • Oluokun to Jax.  I would guess nothing should change much as he should still be on the field alot.  I wonder if this means Jack is going to go somewhere else.  

(FantasyPros) While the Vikings have not openly expressed interest in trading Danielle Hunter, other team executives believe he is available due to Minnesota's cap issues. Analysis: The Vikings are $15.7 million over the cap limit and owe Hunter an $18 million roster bonus on March 20. The two-time Pro Bowler missed 10 games last season with a torn pectoral muscle. Prior to the injury, he had tallied six sacks and and 38 tackles in seven games.
I have had him for about 3 full seasons now and he has been injured the last 2, hopefully he can stay healthy this year and reward those who have held on to him! 

And I also believe there were rumors swirling last off-season as well, we shall see if he goes in the next 5 days, after the 20th I would imagine he stays. 

I'd think so.  Last year on MFL nobody really flipped positions.  This pre-season could be bad for DEs.  Players like Josh Allen, Joey Bosa and Charles Harris could all be LBs come the fall even though their situations haven't really changed.

I'd think so.  Last year on MFL nobody really flipped positions.  This pre-season could be bad for DEs.  Players like Josh Allen, Joey Bosa and Charles Harris could all be LBs come the fall even though their situations haven't really changed.
Signs point to the massive change this year where all 3-4 OLBs become DEs.

Tick said:
Signs point to the massive change this year where all 3-4 OLBs become DEs.
I freely admit I'll be ticked off after spending heavily gathering a good stable of DEs if all those OLBs are changed without warning.

I freely admit I'll be ticked off after spending heavily gathering a good stable of DEs if all those OLBs are changed without warning.
Its actually been discussed on here a bit all the way back to late last season:

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/801543-edge-designation-implementation/

I even told the guys in my league about a month ago to be ready for it and trade/FA/Draft accordingly as now is the time everyone starts churning rosters.

Everyone was pretty easy going about it as they all now know its looking like its coming. 

Nice and it looks like the DL rankings consider the MFL changes with some OLB's being designated as DL....Helps to start wading through that new twist to rankings! 
IDPguys is calling them EDGEs and ranking them as if they're in the DE pool.  I'm guessing this summer is the switchover point for the whole community, eager to see FBG follow suit.

I knew it was coming, but our rosters were so big that all the good outside OLBs were already taken. 

This is really no bueno for those of us hurting at DL and who didn't stock up on OLBs. 

Guess it's close to last place again with this team! Hooo boy. 

Za'Darius Smith signed with the Vikings.  I like it as a Vikes fan assuming he is healthy.  That will be quite the duo of Hunter and Smith hunting QB's.  

Users who are viewing this thread