What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (1 Viewer)

Our Dline is better than their Dline.
Our Oline is better than their Oline.
Our QB is better than their QB.

We don’t turn the ball over we win, and I think we win by two scores. Eagles are simply a better team and I think Sirriani is a better game time coach.

Eagles win 27-17

Wow

ETA I must be reading this wrong but they have him at a higher value than Herbert and Burrow. Herbert I can see an argument but Burrow? Hmmmm
As a stat nerd, if there was such a stat, i'd bet Hurts contributes more to each point scored on the Eagles team than Burrow does for the Bengals. He's playing with a pair of one's at receiver and I'd put both Mixon and Perine above our backs. so a pure value analysis would say Hurts is worth more to our franchise than Burrow is to theirs. :geek:
Who are you taking in a must win game for your life?

I'm taking Joe Burrow. This weeks game scares me. We're being projected favorites by everyone at home vs a QB3. History is never on our Side in these games
Ya I'm a big fan of Hurts and love the progress he made this year. But yea, I'd put Burrow first. Obviously he has the weapons (amazing how much good weapons help young QB's), but two years in a row, he's terrific.

Wow

ETA I must be reading this wrong but they have him at a higher value than Herbert and Burrow. Herbert I can see an argument but Burrow? Hmmmm
As a stat nerd, if there was such a stat, i'd bet Hurts contributes more to each point scored on the Eagles team than Burrow does for the Bengals. He's playing with a pair of one's at receiver and I'd put both Mixon and Perine above our backs. so a pure value analysis would say Hurts is worth more to our franchise than Burrow is to theirs. :geek:

Right now I'd take Burrow and it's actually not close. Hopefully that opinion will change over the next season or two. Great question, but very different angle than saying Burrow's value to his team is not as high as Hurts' value to his, I think.
I'd take Burrow too. Still though,there isn't 10 other QB's Id rather in the league and a top 10 qb in the 2nd round is fantastic.

sigh…
Not going the way you hoped it would with all these Eagles fans taking Burrow, is it.

Our Dline is better than their Dline.
Our Oline is better than their Oline.
Our QB is better than their QB.

We don’t turn the ball over we win, and I think we win by two scores. Eagles are simply a better team and I think Sirriani is a better game time coach.

Eagles win 27-17
There's a lot of talk about the Turnover game and it seems pretty obvious it will be the biggest factor in the game. But those things are so unpredictable, one random tipped ball, one flukey fumble for either team and that's who goes to the SB.

Wow

Right now I'd take Burrow and it's actually not close. Hopefully that opinion will change over the next season or two. Great question, but very different angle than saying Burrow's value to his team is not as high as Hurts' value to his, I think.
I'd take Burrow too. Still though,there isn't 10 other QB's Id rather in the league and a top 10 qb in the 2nd round is fantastic.

sigh…
Not going the way you hoped it would with all these Eagles fans taking Burrow, is it.
Uh….lol. The sigh is because (most) Eagles fans on this board can’t post something like “Burrow is great, really clutch I’d take him in a second” without posting “HURTS IS GOOD TOO!!!!”

:lmao:

Anyone with 2 eyes and a brain would take Burrow over Hurts to win a must win game today

This is my vacation week, and will be in Raleigh for a convention. My favorite week of the year, and I'm absolutely torn about Sunday. I can leave a couple hours early Sunday to be home in time for kickoff, I can listen on Satellite radio on my drive home, or I can play music on my phone driving home and watch the game on delay.

All three options have drawbacks. Will have to steer clear of all internet/phone if I watch on delay, and I'm not confidant that's safe as an option

Wow

sigh…
Uh….lol. The sigh is because (most) Eagles fans on this board can’t post something like “Burrow is great, really clutch I’d take him in a second” without posting “HURTS IS GOOD TOO!!!!”

Anyone with 2 eyes and a brain would take Burrow over Hurts to win a must win game today
I said I’d take Burrow. Without mentioning Hurts.

Wow

sigh…

I said I’d take Burrow. Without mentioning Hurts.
I wrote (most)

Burrow. He a bad man.

Homer pick for sure, but the two of them are very close. I don't see much in their 2022 stats that separates them. Hurts actually has the better record and the better QB rating. But I know Burrow is more highly regarded.

I'm taking Joe Burrow. This weeks game scares me. We're being projected favorites by everyone at home vs a QB3. History is never on our Side in these games

Ya I'm a big fan of Hurts and love the progress he made this year. But yea, I'd put Burrow first. Obviously he has the weapons (amazing how much good weapons help young QB's), but two years in a row, he's terrific.

My god man. You asked which you'd take and 5 of the 6 people said Burrow.

And now you're taking a dig by saying people can't answer a Burrow vs Hurts question without discussing 1 of the QB's by name?

Hint: "Most" means more than 50%, not less. Re-read the responses and tell me 4 or 5 of them (most) are saying HURTS IS GOOD TOO!!!!!!

This is my vacation week, and will be in Raleigh for a convention. My favorite week of the year, and I'm absolutely torn about Sunday. I can leave a couple hours early Sunday to be home in time for kickoff, I can listen on Satellite radio on my drive home, or I can play music on my phone driving home and watch the game on delay.

All three options have drawbacks. Will have to steer clear of all internet/phone if I watch on delay, and I'm not confidant that's safe as an option
Don't watch this game on delay, it will be too hard to avoid and if you hear honking or cheering or angry fans then your brain will go crazy making assumptions. You'd regret that big time if you found out after waiting.

Definitely leave a couple hours and go watch the game! Unless it's going to have a big adverse affect on work, in which case I'd go the radio route. But nah, leave early and get comfy in front of a TV for this one, these games don't come along very often.

And now you're taking a dig by saying people can't answer a Burrow vs Hurts question without discussing 1 of the QB's by name?

Hint: "Most" means more than 50%, not less. Re-read the responses and tell me 4 or 5 of them (most) are saying HURTS IS GOOD TOO!!!!!!
Yes, and I qualified my response acknowledging it was a homer pick (in the Eagles team thread) and that Burrow was the more highly regarded QB - as he should be.
Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

Burrow. He a bad man.

Next time I’ll write @

Homer pick for sure, but the two of them are very close. I don't see much in their 2022 stats that separates them. Hurts actually has the better record and the better QB rating. But I know Burrow is more highly regarded.

By golly, you’re right. My bad
Next time I’ll write—. @Deamon need not reply because he can’t take Burrow without telling us that Hurts is good too! Then he’ll get his panties in a bunch when I jab him for it.

Again, my bad

Burrow. He a bad man.

Next time I’ll write @

By golly, you’re right. My bad
Next time I’ll write—. @Deamon need not reply because he can’t take Burrow without telling us that Hurts is good too! Then he’ll get his pan tues in a bunch when I jab him for it.

Again, my bad
There you go. And if you're wanting a simple one word answer, my answer is easily "Burrow"

I don't know how people can watch games on delay. If it's happening, I need to know what's going on if it's even just checking the score on my phone. I just can't sit and watch a game like it's live when I know it's over and decided.

Speaking of Raleigh, I'll be down there next weekend (2/3-2/5) for a college visit to NC State for my son on Friday and the Krispy Kreme Challenge for the whole family on Saturday. Any suggestions for places to eat (other than doughnuts) or things to check out while we're there?

I don't know how people can watch games on delay. If it's happening, I need to know what's going on if it's even just checking the score on my phone. I just can't sit and watch a game like it's live when I know it's over and decided.

Speaking of Raleigh, I'll be down there next weekend (2/3-2/5) for a college visit to NC State for my son on Friday and the Krispy Kreme Challenge for the whole family on Saturday. Any suggestions for places to eat (other than doughnuts) or things to check out while we're there?
I don't know a lot, but this is a really cool place imo: https://brewerybhavana.com/

Player's Retreat or anywhere around the Village District is good for food, etc. Bojangles or Biscuitville for breakfast. Goodnights is a local comedy club that might have some decent shows. Definitely hit up some breweries if that's your thing.

Wow

sigh…

I was thinking about this the other day when people get upset with Hurts being called a system QB. There's nothing wrong with that. Foles was a system QB, So was Colin Kaepernick and so was Russel Wilson. There's a ton of guys who had good success because of systems they were in and went else where and **** the bed. That's not saying the dude is terrible. People need to really look at things and ask themselves if Hurts was on Cle, Raiders, Texans, CAR, or some other teams would he be as good this season? I highly doubt that similar to if BAL didn't draft Lamar I don't think he'd ever win an MVP he'd be riding the bench. Hell Cam Newton is a great example of a system QB. Nothing wrong with that.

I personally had more faith in Minshew leading the final drive in DAL where we lost then I did in Hurts trying to win on a final drive in which we won in Indy. There was a stupid play by a DB because of an under thrown ball and I though we got away with a false start on the TD. But you won't see a lot here admit there's been a lot of luck this season either. It's why people here dislike me because I'm not wearing the Green Sunglasses like some others.

Wow

sigh…

I actually take Hurts for a single must win game due to his rushing. That said, I'd also take Burrow by a significant margin over Hurts long term because Burrow is more likely to have longevity on his side.

I got screwed over with Work I should've taken a vacation week as next weekend I'm suppose to go to Boston for a event for my club I belong too but the people running everything are always super late on announcement for stuff. I got to work Sunday 1-7 during the game because someone else took off and we got inventory. I'll probably just watch it on the TV at work since others told me during the WS no one was in the store and most of the staff was just watching the game. I was honestly thinking since everyone leaves my department before 3 I was thinking of just walking home a 5 min walk watch the game and then finish everything after but now I looked and they changed it 12-5. It still sucks because there was an incident with another employee I helped resolve by taking shifts they were suppose to work and they screwed me when I tried taking off giving a less senior person off. This person is known for calling out during Holidays claiming "sick". He also has less time than me there. Either way with it being till 5 I guess I'll make it home for the 2nd half now I would think.

Thankfully I'm suppose to go to Boston next weekend and he's allowing that.

Last edited:

Only time I watch a game on delay is soccer and thats if I have too. Only because I know most won't spoil it anyway since they didn't watch.

Frank Reich has a new job as HC of the Carolina Panthers. Very happy for him. Lets see how well he does when he doesn't have a meddling owner with a drug problem trying to tell him how to run things.

Wow

sigh…

I actually take Hurts for a single must win game due to his rushing. That said, I'd also take Burrow by a significant margin over Hurts long term because Burrow is more likely to have longevity on his side.
This is kind what I was thinking about yesterday. I think that in a single game, Hurts has a higher ceiling due to the rushing, playmaking and general will. But over a longer time period, Burrow probably has a higher median outcome.

Wow

sigh…

This is kind what I was thinking about yesterday. I think that in a single game, Hurts has a higher ceiling due to the rushing, playmaking and general will. But over a longer time period, Burrow probably has a higher median outcome.

Its why I take the Burrows of the world over the Hurts. QB is suppose to be a guy with a high self life. Guys like Hurts who take off a lot will not have very long careers. McNabb I think realized that and changed how he played. If BUFF isn't careful they are gonna get Josh Allen destroyed.

FYI, don't go posting in the 49ers thread, those SF guys are super sensitive.

Thats how a lot of SEA fans are. Bring up the fact most didn't know Shaun Alexander Koren Robinson and they get upset. I saw a SF blogger come up with the whole take away the Eagles 3 biggest sack games schtick.

Wow

sigh…

You do realize this is an Eagles thread, not a generic NFL QB thread, right?

Interesting tidbit for your consideration. One of the arguments about Purdy's success is that there is not a lot of tape on him so its difficult for defensive coordinators to key in on his faults. Eagles' Asst. Defensive Backs coach, DK MCDonald and Defensive Assistant Tyler Scudder were BOTH defense coaches at Iowa State during Purdy's tenure there. If anyone know his weaknesses, its those two guys.

Interesting tidbit for your consideration. One of the arguments about Purdy's success is that there is not a lot of tape on him so its difficult for defensive coordinators to key in on his faults. Eagles' Asst. Defensive Backs coach, DK MCDonald and Defensive Assistant Tyler Scudder were BOTH defense coaches at Iowa State during Purdy's tenure there. If anyone know his weaknesses, its those two guys.
weird coincidence

weird coincidence
5D chess. Siriani obviously recognized the Niners as a threat this year and saw that they drafted Purdy in the 7th. Preparing for the likelihood that lance and Jimmy go down, he hired 2 Iowa St coaches (because why just have 1) for this very scenario. 🤓

Wow

sigh…

You do realize this is an Eagles thread, not a generic NFL QB thread, right?
Tbh, when I asked the question I thought it was the game thread.

What’s the difference?

weird coincidence
5D chess. Siriani obviously recognized the Niners as a threat this year and saw that they drafted Purdy in the 7th. Preparing for the likelihood that lance and Jimmy go down, he hired 2 Iowa St coaches (because why just have 1) for this very scenario. 🤓
i actually wondered if he just hired them, like the pats seemed to always bring in somebody who had been waived by their current opponent.

I posted in the game thread I don't really like the Eagles but that video has me second guessing myself. I am a big fan of Hurts the man and the QB. I always like teams that play with a chip on their shoulder or have a "**** the world" mentality. The 2 chicks I know from Philly are both foul mouthed hotties who can drink me under the table. I might be coming around on the team.

The reason I opened the thread was to post this hype video from warm ups today:

I posted in the game thread I don't really like the Eagles but that video has me second guessing myself. I am a big fan of Hurts the man and the QB. I always like teams that play with a chip on their shoulder or have a "**** the world" mentality. The 2 chicks I know from Philly are both foul mouthed hotties who can drink me under the table. I might be coming around on the team.

The reason I opened the thread was to post this hype video from warm ups today:
lol, yeah that is an odd choice for the warm-ups. would love to know who is behind it

Users who are viewing this thread