What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Philadelphia Eagles - Leave Gannon in Arizona and let’s run through the NFC again in 2023. (1 Viewer)

babydemon90 said:
It's interesting, with all the anti-hype about there being no QB's this year, I'm seeing almost every mock having at least two, if not three, go before we even pick.
QBs always rise up the board as the draft gets closer. If teams think they need one, they get one. 

Garoppolo was 11-19-131-0-1

Mitchell 17-53 (3.1)

Samuel 10-39 (3.9)

Kittle 4-63

Samuel 3-44

SF DL was dominating. Crazy to see them get a win when Tennessee seemed to dominate Cincinnati 

So if we would have somehow shocked Tampa, would we have had a shot today in Green Bay in those conditions?

If Gannon leaves, which I think may be likely, should the Eagles try to bring in Martindale (former Bal DC)? Would he even consider coming here? 

So if we would have somehow shocked Tampa, would we have had a shot today in Green Bay in those conditions?
I mean, what about this team changed that let us beat them? Did we have a defense that suddenly was able to stop good QB's? Was Jalen Hurts suddenly a competent passer? 

I mean, what about this team changed that let us beat them? Did we have a defense that suddenly was able to stop good QB's? Was Jalen Hurts suddenly a competent passer? 
Hurts could have played as poorly as Jimmy did but their DL is light years ahead of ours. The we’re winning constantly last night. It’s hard for any QB to do well with that kind of pressure. 

Ruffrodys05 said:
If Gannon leaves, which I think may be likely, should the Eagles try to bring in Martindale (former Bal DC)? Would he even consider coming here? 
Him and Fangio both run a 3-4 I believe. That will make things very challenging with what we have. 

JetMaxx said:
Better yet, how many people would have been lined up on the Ben Franklin bridge last night if the Eagles lost like that?
No kidding.... who would have ever though that SF offense would go into THE FROZEN TUNDRA, commit one pick and ZERO TD’s, and advance to the CC? Best thing ever was watching ARodger act like he could not care less about the night.

No kidding.... who would have ever though that SF offense would go into THE FROZEN TUNDRA, commit one pick and ZERO TD’s, and advance to the CC? Best thing ever was watching ARodger act like he could not care less about the night.
It was a good and bad thing. I like when underdogs win but GB being out sucks for next weeks games IMO. 

On todays episode of “what if that happened here”

Could you imagine big Gannon calls that last play where Kupp is left one-on-on with a safety  in the spot?

Someone always trades up. 
QB-quality wise, if there was every a year for no early QBs to go, it is this one, but you are right that probably someone will pick a few QBs in the top 10-ish range.  Picks 2-11 all could really use a QB aside from the Jets (though ATL and NYG probably won't do it and maybe it's best that they don't this year).  It probably would be a surprise if 2 of the Broncos, Panthers, Texans and Footballers did not go for a QB.

It'll be interesting to see if it works out the Eagles can make a trade for future draft picks. Sitting in the mid teens, I wonder what the odds are we will be in a spot to turn one of the picks into a 2023 1st Rounder?

QB-quality wise, if there was every a year for no early QBs to go, it is this one, but you are right that probably someone will pick a few QBs in the top 10-ish range.  Picks 2-11 all could really use a QB aside from the Jets (though ATL and NYG probably won't do it and maybe it's best that they don't this year).  It probably would be a surprise if 2 of the Broncos, Panthers, Texans and Footballers did not go for a QB.
I wouldn't be surprised if NYG took one. New GM needs to stake his claim. Has 2 top 10 picks. It's right there for them. 

I wouldn't be surprised if NYG took one. New GM needs to stake his claim. Has 2 top 10 picks. It's right there for them. 
true, I guess it was Gettleman and Judge who gave him their stamp of approval for next year, not necessarily anyone else in the organization.

Senior Bowl coming up, which in years past has been the starting point for QB draft stock to start rising and potential 1st rounders targets emerge.

It'll be interesting to see if it works out the Eagles can make a trade for future draft picks. Sitting in the mid teens, I wonder what the odds are we will be in a spot to turn one of the picks into a 2023 1st Rounder?
I would think it's a good bet. If someone is looking to move up for a QB (that we aren't interested in) we essentially can offer our top pick at 15 since we pick again at 16 to maybe get a 2023 and a swap to a lower 2022 spot in the round. We still get our "top" player (and one slot lower on the rookie pay scale: $15.6MM contract v $14.7MM for 15th/16th picks last year), still have 3 picks in the first, and pick up an extra 1st in 2023.

I don't know, but I would like to see that happen, and wouldn't be surprised if Howie is looking to make that happen. He did it last year I think to give him ammunition this year to potentially trade for Deshaun Watson. Well, that can may get kicked down the road another year, so swapping a pick this year for a number 1 next year makes sense. Even if they aren't interested in Watson, it gives them more ammunition to draft a good franchise QB in a year when the QB quality looks much better. If Hurts makes great strides this year, then you can use the pick on other needs.

This may be the biggest “I don’t care” draft since I’ve been following the team. Don’t take a RB (early I’m good with one later) or TE and get 4 good players at any position in this draft.

Defense is the name of the game in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Highlighted by the top two pass-rushers — Oregon's Kayvon Thibodeaux and Michigan's Aiden Hutchinson — this year's class of defenders could prove to be foundational pieces for teams looking to bulk up on that side.

After the edge group, NFL squads could salivate over secondary options: LSU cornerback Derek Stingley is a former consensus All-American — which includes earning a nod from Sporting News in 2019 — and could be a top-five pick come April. Scouts and analysts have Stingley pegged as far and away the best CB prospect in this year's draft.

Joining Stingley in the secondary group is Notre Dame's Kyle Hamilton, who could also make for a good bet to be the first DB off the board. The Fighting Irish safety was named a consensus All-American this past season, and for good reason: He notched three interceptions for one of the nation's top defenses and was a Bednarik Award finalist in 2021.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-order-2022-picks/1dksgj0i3l7c81dzc54zq9lpsx

“The Eagles have picks 15, 16 and 19. Over the last 10 drafts:
13% of those picks (4) have been named to at least 1 All Pro
13% have been named to at least 1 Pro Bowl
23 % (7) became consistent starters
10%  (3) are starters/backups
13% (4) are backups
26% (8) are out of the NFL

Pic of the players

In other words, the Eagles have a 1/4 chance of getting a high impact (AP/PB) player, a 1/4 chance of drafting a solid starter, and a 50% chance of being disappointed. Keep these numbers in mind when evaluating how valuable these picks are/discussing potential QB trades.“

I would think it's a good bet. If someone is looking to move up for a QB (that we aren't interested in) we essentially can offer our top pick at 15 since we pick again at 16 to maybe get a 2023 and a swap to a lower 2022 spot in the round. We still get our "top" player (and one slot lower on the rookie pay scale: $15.6MM contract v $14.7MM for 15th/16th picks last year), still have 3 picks in the first, and pick up an extra 1st in 2023.
I would love to see Howie flip 15 for a 1st next year and another pick this year. I see the value for pick 15 at 1050 points, what would compensation be with a 2023 1st be? a 2nd rounder this year?

just for kicks was looking up Kelce's draft. was not a good year, a true diamond in the rough! (i terrible at formatting)

MiscPassingRushingReceiving

RndPlayerPickPosYrsFromToAP1PBStCarAVGCmpAttYdsTDIntAttYdsTDRecYdsTDCollege/Univ

1 Danny Watkins 23 G 320112013001924 Baylor

2 Jaiquawn Jarrett 54 DB 520112015000547 Temple

3 Curtis Marsh 90 DB 320112013000126 Utah St.

4 Casey Matthews 116 LB 4201120140011064 Oregon

4 Alex Henery 120 K 420112014000850 Nebraska

5 Dion Lewis 149 RB 8201120200023110256724251319114088 Pittsburgh

5 Julian Vandervelde 161 G 420112015000118 Iowa

6 Jason Kelce 191 C 1120112021451086159 Cincinnati

6 Brian Rolle 193 LB 220112012001620 Ohio St.

7 Greg Lloyd 237 LB 12012201200002 Connecticut

7 Stanley Havili 240 RB 22012201300112813291251711 USC

I would love to see Howie flip 15 for a 1st next year and another pick this year. I see the value for pick 15 at 1050 points, what would compensation be with a 2023 1st be? a 2nd rounder this year?
 Depends on who is looking. If it's PIT or LV looking to move up, they have late 1st rounders that you could try and squeeze a swap from them on (in addition to next year's 1st). If it's a bad team looking to move back into the 1st then they'll likely only have a high 2nd from this year to swap. 

Yeah, there's three universes when it comes to discussing Watson trades:

1. Status quo Watson  - Everything stays as it is today and his value is definitely lower than it used to be, but still not dirt cheap. Think $5k retail fridge at the "scratch and dent" outlet. You can get it for $2,500 if you can live with the big imperfections on the side. IMO, I just don't think the Eagles are desperate enough to trade for this multi-verse Watson. Maybe if Hurts and the team struggled all year and we had 5 wins.
  2. Cleaned-up or salvaged reputation Watson - Wouldn't exactly be top of the range for his value, sans issues/allegations, but much improved enough that multiple teams will be "in" on trading for him. Think $5k fridge on sale for $4k before the new models come out. I could see the Eagles being in trying to get this multi-verse Watson.
  3. Darkest Timeline Watson - Things get worse (e.g. more women come forward, or he's confronted with overwhelming proof contrary to his side of the story, or he gets caught red handed doing something similar or worse.) Think $5k fridge being recalled and sold as scrap for $200. No one is trading for him, Houston has to release him, and then he goes away for awhile (literally or figuratively) where his best case is a Michael Vick second chance in a few years while his worst case is a Ray Rice exile. I think the Eagles would be out, in either case, for this multi-verse Watson.
There is basically no way they are trading for Watson. He already came out when rumors were circulating that he didn’t want to play here. Not sure if that was because of hurts or what, but doubt he is excited coming here. 

also need to factor in 8 or so teams looking for starting QBs. 2 more if rodgers and Brady retire. So 10-12 teams much more desperate for a QB would raise the price a lot and eagles would be foolish to overbid and join 

There is basically no way they are trading for Watson. He already came out when rumors were circulating that he didn’t want to play here. Not sure if that was because of hurts or what, but doubt he is excited coming here. 

also need to factor in 8 or so teams looking for starting QBs. 2 more if rodgers and Brady retire. So 10-12 teams much more desperate for a QB would raise the price a lot and eagles would be foolish to overbid and join 
What’s the max you give up for him?

We’ve been rumored to be interested in him for like 5-6 months now and recent rumors said he’d consider us. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. 

What’s the max you give up for him?

We’ve been rumored to be interested in him for like 5-6 months now and recent rumors said he’d consider us. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. 
honestly, not much. i mean you have 2 big pieces of the OL leaving soon, and the defense is lacking much talent. we invest in Watson we lose a lot of room in cap space, and probably most of our assets, so we have an OL with a hole and a defense we can't rely much on. 

it seems the past 2 years QBs have become much more valuable than they ever were. i think we stay put and strengthen the OL and other areas, so we are an attractive location for a top QB if needed.

so short answer is i am sure i wouldn't give up what Houston will likely get considering the rumors of the trades from Miami and Car. i don't think i would be willing to give up what we got for Wentz, simply because we just have too many holes and potential salary cap concerns.

Keeping Hurts with a rookie contract (2nd rounder at that) is such an under-valued asset for a team. strengthen the other parts while you can now, and then if QB is a weakness we either use some assets to trade up in the draft (sacrifice future draft picks) or we are a pretty nice location for a QB to come to

I took a peek at upcoming Free Agents and made a small list of guys that if we acquired I would be ecstatic. I looked for players that would make an immediate impact, be able to keep for at least 3 years, plus should fit into our cap. 

1. RB James Conner, age 26 - I wish we had a power run game like we did in 2017. IMO that set up our entire offense. 

2. S Jessie Bates III, age 25 - A long shot but Bates III would give us a Safety with range allowing McCloud to hover around the box.

3. CB Donte Jackson, age 27 - A short DB at only 5'10" but would give us depth at the position and flexibility against high profile offenses.

IMO these moves gives us a lot of flexibility to make the most of our draft and contract restructures. I am curious what we do with guys like Sanders and Cox. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a peek at upcoming Free Agents and made a small list of guys that if we acquired I would be ecstatic. I looked for players that would make an immediate impact, be able to keep for at least 3 years, plus should fit into our cap. 

1. RB James Conner, age 26 - I wish we had a power run game like we did in 2017. IMO that set up our entire offense. 

2. S Jessie Bates III, age 25 - A long shot but Bates III would give us a Safety with range allowing McCloud to hover around the box.

3. CB Donte Jackson, age 27 - A short DB at only 5'10" but would give us depth at the position and flexibility against high profile offenses.

IMO these moves gives us a lot of flexibility to make the most of our draft and contract restructures. I am curious what we do with guys like Sanders and Cox. 
I'll admit i don't know much about these guys, but I am for drafting the RB vs signing the 26 year old guy. I just never liked Conner all that much I guess. He is a hard runner though and had like "many" TDs this year. Just seems perfect peak performance timing for a better contract he won't live up to. 

Conner makes sense at the right price. He doesn't have to be a workhorse, just a better version of Howard 2021. He + Sanders or Gainwell + Scott behind that line would make for a fantastic ground game. Admittedly I haven't been a fan of his either, but this idea of a grinder up the middle just makes a lot of sense. The other factor on this if we continue with Hurts, then not as much. That RPO game just wouldn't fit with this kind of a scheme.

Can you have a successful offense w/ Hurts but w/o the RPO?

I'M ALIVE AND WELL!!!!!!! Unfortunately one of my wonderful stalkers sent me to timeout but I didn't go down without taking them with me. It was over my DAK Comment last week. This happened last week Monday night. Either way I apologize for any delay.  Very weird as Usually I can't see and do anything with the board just give me whatever warning it was but this time I could react to post and read them just couldn't comment. Anyway I won't reply to every post but I will put my opinion on the press conference and other stuff

FYI: The poster who reported me made a comment about how he and other make fun of me and other posters. If you guys see any of that make the mods aware of it please. I'm not going to be petty and search for posts to report like my stalker fan club but just wanted to put that out there and if any mods are reading this thread heads up as I do believe what I just posted about what this poster admitted is against forum guidelines. I just think its sad how some posters here feel the need to bully others especially when they are got a life outside of here. It's very cliquish HS amateur stuff really and pretty embarrassing. Either way thats all I'm going to say on this whole thing but thats why I haven't been around 

Users who are viewing this thread